Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Hammer1 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular

Any update on either the shells or what guns will be available for the 3-inch 28 gauge Fiocchi ?

Any field or range reports ?

From Fiocchi's digital online catalog... "28 gauge 3 inch: an absolute novelty! No ammunition manufacturer has ever produced a 28 gauge in a 3 inch. Case length. The ballistics appear to be extremely interesting and the round promises to be a very good performer. Some of the major shotgun manufacturer are going to introduce this new chambering during 2010."

On page 40 of Fiocchi's 2011 catalog, their ballistics tables show a 3-inch 28 gauge with loads of #4, #5, and #6 size shot.

On page 287 of the 2011 Gun Digest, it reads "Fiocchi is fielding two new cartridges this year: a 28 gauge 3-inch and the..."

GB1

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
OK I have to ask what is the reasoning behind a 3" 28ga? 28 ga is already obscure enough that ammo prices are through the roof I can only imagine what an even more obscure thing like a 3" would cost, plus if you need the power isn't there already a thing called a 20ga out there?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
This is just Hammer1's "silly question of the week" gambit. Check his posts: He's a pro.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Anyone know when the 5# Unobtanium Hammer will be introduced?

Maybe before the 3" 28?

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by reelman
OK I have to ask what is the reasoning behind a 3" 28ga? 28 ga is already obscure enough that ammo prices are through the roof I can only imagine what an even more obscure thing like a 3" would cost, plus if you need the power isn't there already a thing called a 20ga out there?

Concur. I love the 28 gauge, in fact I'm passing 7x57Steve a check this weekend for his 28 gauge Parker repro, but I can't picture why I would want 3/4 oz of shot for one. It is what it is and what is is damn near perfect for upland hunting over a good pup IMO.

Last edited by Pugs; 02/19/11. Reason: add comma

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
OK Pugs, send me the pics once you get it smile did you guys go this weekend?

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Hammer1 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular

Take that as a "No" as to whether you have field tested them yet.

As to the #5 Unobtanium Hammer, handled a 28 gauge Benelli Legacy today which comes in at just under five pounds, but alas it has a 2�-inch chamber.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Mesabi
This is just Hammer1's "silly question of the week" gambit. Check his posts: He's a pro.

So you're saying he's just a troll?

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
I have seen pics of a Krieghoff (I think) that had three inch chambers. It was on one of the shotgun forums.

I have no idea if it was true or if they had 3 inch engraved on the gun just to be funny.

Dink

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
The only real use I've given a shotgun for the last 30 years or so, has been for the 2 dozen or so deer and a turkey I've shot with them.

That being said, I've noticed Hammer 1's shotgun-related questions of late, and while I'll probably never be much of a shotgun kinda' guy, I'm learning a lot and finding the questions & responses both very informative and interesting... you know, just in case I ever decide to delve deeper into shotguns someday. wink

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jorgeI
OK Pugs, send me the pics once you get it smile did you guys go this weekend?

Zeke, Suz, Steve and I heading out this afternoon to do a bit.

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Hammer1

Take that as a "No" as to whether you have field tested them yet.

As to the #5 Unobtanium Hammer, handled a 28 gauge Benelli Legacy today which comes in at just under five pounds, but alas it has a 2�-inch chamber.

How the hell would someone have tried them out, when they aren't in production yet?

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
3" shot shells are a curious twist of math wherein by lengthening the shell one actually degrades the system. Otherwise we might have but one gauge in fractional increments from 2" to 12", the latter suitable for Jurassic Park.

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
About the only place I've found 3" helps in 12 gauge with steel shot. Now with all the steel alternatives I think if I was still an avid ducker I'd go back to bismuth or some such 2 3/4"

Hammer1 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular

Originally Posted by "Hammer1"

Any update on either the shells or what guns will be available for the 3-inch 28 gauge Fiocchi ?

Originally Posted by "ratsmacker"

How the hell would someone have tried them out, when they aren't in production yet?

If you know for a fact that the 3-inch 28 gauge shells and guns are not in production then that is an update.

Thank you.

Do your sources at Fiocchi know when they will start production ?

Hammer1 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular

Yes.

Anyone who would ask about a product announced with great fanfare by a 134 year-old fly-by-night company like Fiocchi in their annual catalog, shown in their ballistics table the following year with three loads for it, covered in a ragged old publication like the 65th edition 2011 Gun Digest, discussed in�.

Yes, anyone who would ask about a follow-up to such a new product could be nothing other than a troll.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
a 134 year-old fly-by-night company like Fiocchi

Now that the truth is out.....

I am..........disturbed.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Hammer1

Yes.

Anyone who would ask about a product announced with great fanfare by a 134 year-old fly-by-night company like Fiocchi in their annual catalog, shown in their ballistics table the following year with three loads for it, covered in a ragged old publication like the 65th edition 2011 Gun Digest, discussed in�.

Yes, anyone who would ask about a follow-up to such a new product could be nothing other than a troll.

And since you're a genuine whiz on the keyboard how about YOU finding guns chambered for the 3" and tell us all about it. We may not give a chitt, but hey...someone else might.

I am..........disturbed.

Hammer1 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular

I was only asking nicely for an update from those in the know about a product that had been announced but I hadn't seen on store shelves.

The information I posted is from Fiocchi's company materials and from the Gun Digest which I assume everyone buys and reads every year.

I most definitely am not a whiz on the internet.

I did not expect that those who don't "give a chitt" and did not have any information to share for an update would be so offended and throw a hissy fit.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Just a guess but there's a lot of folks not readin' that one. There's a vast chasm between not givin' a chitt and hissy fittin' and you seem more upset than the rest that posted to your topic.

Question remains however, why would anyone want to screw up a good thing like a 2-3/4" 28?

I am..........disturbed.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

565 members (10gaugeman, 1936M71, 1minute, 1badf350, 17CalFan, 69 invisible), 2,388 guests, and 1,361 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,686
Posts18,494,019
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.