Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
meanwhile...half the people on this site are a fan of the B&C "Ti" stock, which is just a fancy name for Carbelite.

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
But they's expected to puke,due to Heritage and do...less "suplize".

I'd wager that the Faux Ti Mantra is an exersize in stretching a lightweight buck and billed in those accords,as opposed to being flaunted as being without peer.

Just sayin'...................(grin)

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Just caught up on this thread... Glad to see everyone can still get worked up over a "Crack"... Good thing hunting season is over... This problems has caused lots of men problems over the years....no matter what the name....

"Mark the birds and handle your Dog"
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Don't wanna sleep to close to the crack,or you'll catch cold..................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
As I understand it, the McM Edge is made with graphite, which is alot stronger than fiberglass.
As far as the one piece aluminium bedding block stocks go, I understand that some of them, up to 40% of them using the older designs that Remington once used in their varmit rifles, develop accuracy problems under certain conditions. What happens is the much different materials used in such stocks have ezpansion ratios that are quite different. When such stocks get much warmer or much colder, they set up internal stresses that can do odd things to accuracy and the rifle's zero.
I hjave such a rifle. It, apparently, is one of the 60% not so affected. Or, perhaps not affected so far as I have used it. E

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Eremicus, you forgot the most important attribute of the bedding block......it will stop your scopes from streching...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RDFinn
Eremicus, you forgot the most important attribute of the bedding block......it will stop your scopes from streching...

Dang...beat me to it. grin

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Tough crowd.

But "proprietary" oughtta be in there somewhere.................(grin)

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by rost495
... but I have seen that all the benchrest rifles these days have gone to aluminum bedding blocks that are not skim bedded on top of it, and are all the rage and setting new range records, probably as we speak.

Which BR rifles would those be? -Al

Forbidden Zoner
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The T.I.C. sarcasm was/is copious and you might wanna reread objectively,in that mindset.............(grin)

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by clark98ut
Originally Posted by RDFinn

Dang...beat me to it. grin

Don't worry, if your scope stretches, it can always be shaved a little....

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by Big Stick

I'd wager that the Faux Ti Mantra is an exersize in stretching a lightweight buck and billed in those accords,as opposed to being flaunted as being without peer.

Valid point. It is an easy, and quick way to get into a lightweight rig. I had a faux Ti, was a nice little gun. Sadly, I get bored easy, and buy and sell my [bleep] too often.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I did wake up at the crack of Dawn once....

BTW, don't think I've seen a tupperware crack either....guess it is "top shelf too" ?

Pretty lame on several accounts.

FWIW, I learned long time ago, during my trial by fire learning curve in investing, that if you see a CEO of a company in an internet chatroom, defending or bragging up his company, you best short the stock real soon, or just punt.......

Tony

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223

Valid point. It is an easy, and quick way to get into a lightweight rig. I had a faux Ti, was a nice little gun. Sadly, I get bored easy, and buy and sell my [bleep] too often.

I never was one to wonder about wares and tend to horde...if only in the interest of R&D and fairness..................

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by hicountry

BTW, don't think I've seen a tupperware crack either....guess it is "top shelf too" ?

FWIW, I learned long time ago, during my trial by fire learning curve in investing, that if you see a CEO of a company in an internet chatroom, defending or bragging up his company, you best short the stock real soon, or just punt.......

Tony

Never have knowed a Gun Plumber to not happily answer queries geared the particulars of his efforts and substantiate the why and the what of same.

Smoke & Mirrors gets hinky and fast.................(grin)

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by hicountry

Tony

Never have knowed a Gun Plumber to not happily answer queries geared the particulars of his efforts and substantiate the why and the what of same.

Smoke & Mirrors gets hinky and fast.................(grin)

Sure would scare me if I was you, but I ain't laugh laugh

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
And flatter yourself with the very notion...................

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
99% it is not McMillan�s fault as letting the actions screws take recoil will split most any wood stock and the Edge fill is not as strong as the standard fill. This is why you cannot get an Edge without the pillars.

Not McMillan�s fault if the custom bedding let the action screws take the recoil but they are a great company and might just cover it anyway.

Good Luck Calvin. smile Ryan are you listening??

If you are saying that the front action screw pounded the pillar backward and split the stock like a splitting wedge, I ask you what you think the tightly bedded recoil lug was doing while this was going on? If it was caused from the front pillar being driven back, why did the web between the mag well and trigger mortise crack as well?

This was a simple failure from recoil when the magazine mortise bows outward under recoil and the filler, which has very low tensile strength splits.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by free_miner
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
99% it is not McMillan�s fault as letting the actions screws take recoil will split most any wood stock and the Edge fill is not as strong as the standard fill. This is why you cannot get an Edge without the pillars.

Not McMillan�s fault if the custom bedding let the action screws take the recoil but they are a great company and might just cover it anyway.

Good Luck Calvin. smile Ryan are you listening??

If you are saying that the front action screw pounded the pillar backward and split the stock like a splitting wedge, I ask you what you think the tightly bedded recoil lug was doing while this was going on? If it was caused from the front pillar being driven back, why did the web between the mag well and trigger mortise crack as well?

This was a simple failure from recoil when the magazine mortise bows outward under recoil and the filler, which has very low tensile strength splits.

Wow,

You total grasp of gunsmithing is truly exceptional and I sir stand corrected.

Well done. smile

John Burns

I have all the sources.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
And flatter yourself with the very notion...................

My ego is a little on the big side, but what the heck Lil Fish, I do scare you and that is kinda fun. laugh

John Burns

I have all the sources.

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

624 members (160user, 007FJ, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 1minute, 10gaugeman, 64 invisible), 2,848 guests, and 1,272 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,482
Posts18,490,208
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.