Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 41 1 2 3 4 5 40 41
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by 300MAG
Why are you so sour slg888?? Your wife still making you watch the E Channel???
Little hung over, took the wife to see Andrew Dice Clay last night (her punishment for having me watch the E channel).

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Paybacks are a bitch!!

Take about 3 Excedrin Migraine with about a gallon of Gatorade -you'll be good to go!!

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by 300MAG
Paybacks are a bitch!!

Take about 3 Excedrin Migraine with about a gallon of Gatorade -you'll be good to go!!
Sounds like you know what your 'talkin about bro. lol

Sorry JB for interupting your thread. Nice rifles...looks to be about a $70,000 spread.

Last edited by slg888; 02/20/11.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
Both #3 and #6 are wearing QRs with 20 MOA. That is the mount we use the most, although some guys prefer the PRW. Can have it either way.

Back in August I ended up with this pile that were all ready at the same time and most of these had the 20 MOA QR.
[Linked Image]

It usually does not work that I have so many ready at the same time but it was before hunting season and show season has me behind right now.

2 pc. Was that a test smile

Thats the pic I remember..

I could turn that badboy into a screen saver...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That's a pretty badss looking arsenal John.
Nice work! Hope you sell gobs of 'em.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
IC B2

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Just finished my Faux Greybull. Now we see if it can "get the hits"..

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
John: A couple of questions. It looks like your customers are the most fond of the 7. It sounds as you prefer the 6.5.? It looks to me like the 7 w/ 168's or even 180's would be hard to beat. I just about don't use my 6.5 in favor of my sevens. Am I missing something? 180 through the chest of a big bull seems more comforting than 140 to me. For elk I still always take my 300RUM w/ 185's. The more I shoot the more I realize it is all about wind.. I still have several 30's. I will be interested in your opinion of the new LRX bullets.
Nice rifles.

Brad
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
John: Take this FWIW These look nice for a varmint rifle, but for a hunting rifle I would lose about 3# off stock, fill, and scope. Perhaps a skeleton handle to offset. And perhaps add a wind reading course to the "knobs".

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
John I know you wont name components and could careless what the brand says as long as it performs. Do you have a base standard, ie 1/2moa for 5 shots with specified ammo?

Hunt hard, kill clean, waste nothing and offer no apologies.

"In rifle work, group size is of some interest...but it is well to remember that a rifleman does not shoot groups, he shoots shots." Jeff Cooper

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by 10at6
John: Take this FWIW These look nice for a varmint rifle, but for a hunting rifle I would lose about 3# off stock, fill, and scope..

That's interesting.

Do you even know the ranges at which those rifles are intended to be used ?

6- 7 LB scoped rifles really don't make for very good 1,000 yard rigs.

To all gunmaker critics-
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.."- Teddy Roosevelt
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Curious here. How much weight does it take to get to a given yardage?

Thanks for your "knowledge" and "experience"..............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Big Stick

Limpstick.

How many witnessed ,verified and video taped shots on coyote sized game animals have you made at 1,000 yards in the field?

With anything?

No matter WHAT the weight?

Last edited by jim62; 02/20/11.

To all gunmaker critics-
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.."- Teddy Roosevelt
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
In other words,you are talking out your gaping azzhole again.

I'll try to contain my "surprise"..................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
In other words,you are talking out your gaping azzhole again.

I'll try to contain my "surprise"..................

The absolute schit you post on this forum, DEFINES talking out out of your azz.

Especially when you are too chickenschit to shoot against Burns.

Puzzy.

Last edited by jim62; 02/20/11.

To all gunmaker critics-
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Your Imagination is taking you places...again.

Laffin'!...............

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Your Imagination is taking you places...again.

Laffin'!...............

When it comes to actually proving Burns wrong about anything, your imagination is all you got, Limpstick.

You don't have the guts required to take the free plane trip to MT and prove it.

Go back to your cupcake frosting and krylon..

To all gunmaker critics-
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
Not often I get such a mix of rifles at the range. Since we are kinda limited in our options this is pretty unusual.
[Linked Image]
1. 7mm Rem Mag/G30 Action pretty standard
2. 7mm Rem Mag /G30 Action with tan coating. I thought it would be kinda ugly but it wasn�t half bad. Maybe the customer is right sometimes.
3. 243 Win on Rem 700 pretty standard
4. 7mm Rem Mag on Rem 700 pretty standard
5. 7MM Rem Mag on Left hand Rem 700 with McMillan A-3 Gel coat
6. 243 Win on Rem 700 With McMillan Edge A-3

Next gun is a Borden Action that Jim sent for T&E.

Nice rack of fun. The G30's are nice, I've coated a bucket full of them.

Eddie Fosnaugh
www.fosnaughcustoms.com
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by brdana
John: A couple of questions. It looks like your customers are the most fond of the 7. It sounds as you prefer the 6.5.? It looks to me like the 7 w/ 168's or even 180's would be hard to beat. I just about don't use my 6.5 in favor of my sevens. Am I missing something? 180 through the chest of a big bull seems more comforting than 140 to me. For elk I still always take my 300RUM w/ 185's. The more I shoot the more I realize it is all about wind.. I still have several 30's. I will be interested in your opinion of the new LRX bullets.
Nice rifles.

Brad,

The 7 seems to be the best fit for most guys and the 180 VLD is hard to beat. I kind of like the 264 140 VLD and have had great luck with it on elk. The reason I think most guys choose the 7 is they do feel a little more comfortable with a little heavier bullet.

Will try and get to the LRX after these last shows are over and I get some samples. The 7s were supposed to be tipped this week so hopefully we will see some soon.

Originally Posted by 10at6
John: Take this FWIW These look nice for a varmint rifle, but for a hunting rifle I would lose about 3# off stock, fill, and scope. Perhaps a skeleton handle to offset. And perhaps add a wind reading course to the "knobs".

10at6,

We do build a little heavier than some but we shoot a little further than most. smile

The heaviest rifle I am willing to pack is 10lbs or so unloaded. Under good conditions I can take that to 1000yds or so. I can�t shoot lighter rifles as well.

So many things come into play beyond just weight (stock ergonomics being near the top).

I can build a lighter rifle but, for my limited shooting ability, getting below 8 � lbs seem like a big drop in shootability under field conditions. I try and only build what I can actually shoot up to the level shown in the videos.

My line of thinking is not how light a rifle can I shoot, but how heavy will I carry. 10lbs never stopped me from getting to the top of our mountains. (My fat ass has been a real drag though at times) grin

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
real men shoot rifles with some weight to them, I totally agree on the weight. one funny thing is I see most guys that want the super light rifles live back east or in the south where the longest hike they will take is to the deer stand above the deer feeder. I personally like a rifle to be about 8-8.25#'s with no scope or ammo in it. add a 1# scope a sling and some rings I am probably at close to 10#'s in my preferred choice.

the other thing is I think it helps to have a little weight in the barrel, I like a #5 barrel. long range hunting rifles have to shoot under a variety of conditions a heavier barrel will add more consistency.

john, what is the weight of your proprietary stock??

Last edited by cumminscowboy; 02/20/11.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
real men shoot rifles with some weight to them, I totally agree on the weight. one funny thing is I see most guys that want the super light rifles live back east or in the south where the longest hike they will take is to the deer stand above the deer feeder. I personally like a rifle to be about 8-8.25#'s with no scope or ammo in it. add a 1# scope a sling and some rings I am probably at close to 10#'s in my preferred choice.

the other thing is I think it helps to have a little weight in the barrel, I like a #5 barrel. long range hunting rifles have to shoot under a variety of conditions a heavier barrel will add more consistency.

john, what is the weight of your proprietary stock??

Wow, that was a stupid post.

Page 3 of 41 1 2 3 4 5 40 41

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

568 members (007FJ, 06hunter59, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 163bc, 55 invisible), 2,938 guests, and 1,240 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,970
Posts18,519,678
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.