-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Maybe Taurus is going to put it in a revolver?

For those who like huge revolvers with dubious ballistics!

National Rifle Association - Patron Member
National Muzzleloading Rifle Association - Life Member and 1 of 1000
Illinois State Rifle Association - Life Member
Carlinville Rifle & Pistol Club
~ Molɔ̀ːn Labé ~
GB1

Hammer1 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular

There may be some merit to the longer shell for loading non-toxic shot for water fowl or other restricted uses to the same weight as regular lead shot loads.

Lot of folks like the 28 gauge for upland birds like pheasants which seem to be having more restrictions on lead loads these days.

May be...

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
There's better gauges for water fowl and pheasants than the 28 although it will work in certain circumstances. Regardless of style of shot a 2-3/4" 20 ga. is ahead of the 28, 7 days a week.

Most folks shooting 28s are doing so for artistic merit (quail, timber doodles etc) or busting clays, that being a place where the 3" shells are not allowed. Guessin' the sun will rise in the north before 3" 28s gains notoriety. GD said 2010...it's 2011, hope you aren't holding your breath.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Hammer1

Any update on either the shells or what guns will be available for the 3-inch 28 gauge Fiocchi ?

Any field or range reports ?

From Fiocchi's digital online catalog... "28 gauge 3 inch: an absolute novelty! No ammunition manufacturer has ever produced a 28 gauge in a 3 inch. Case length. The ballistics appear to be extremely interesting and the round promises to be a very good performer. Some of the major shotgun manufacturer are going to introduce this new chambering during 2010."

On page 40 of Fiocchi's 2011 catalog, their ballistics tables show a 3-inch 28 gauge with loads of #4, #5, and #6 size shot.

On page 287 of the 2011 Gun Digest, it reads "Fiocchi is fielding two new cartridges this year: a 28 gauge 3-inch and the..."

Trying to fix a problem that doesn't exist

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Hammer1 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular

Found another reference to the 3-inch 28 gauge.

Fiocchi Ammunition USA Ammunition
Fiocchi 283HV75 Shooting Dynamics 28 Ga 3" #7.5 7/8oz 1330FPS
Product ID: 187717
UPC: 762344707983
MFG ID: 283HV75

TGSCOM Inc.
Green Bay, Wisconsin

Have no idea whether the TGSCOM Inc. company even exists, if it has ever had the product, or will ever have the product.

Again, have no idea whether this is a bad joke by Fiocchi with too much time on their hands, whether they intend to make such a load, and whether gun makers will build a gun for it.

IC B2

Hammer1 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular

Trying to fix a problem that doesn't exist

With a fair amount of support, that could be said of every new cartridge introduction in the past fifty years.

And of every new model gun introduction in the past fifty years too.

But without new ammunition and new guns to write about...

Hammer1 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular

There is a 3-inch 28 gauge SxS Huglu for sale on the 28 Gauge Society forum.

It is not a misprint as the seller emphasizes more than once the 3-inch chamber.

http://28gasociety.46.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=407

So maybe there are guns and ammo ?

Maybe ?

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Why???? Holy mackerel, who needs it? I don't know a single shotgunner who uses a 28 for birds and clays (like me) who doesn't also have 20's, 16's, and 12's in their arsenals too which fill the bill much better when heavier shot payloads are required. If I wanted one gun to do it all I certainly wouldn't pick a 28, even with 3" capability (that coming from someone who shoots more 28s than all the rest combined). Like someone else said. it's the answer to a question that doesn't exist.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Let us know when they show up in every Ed and Fred's gunshops across the country.......................

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
Hammer1 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular

Lesson Re-learned

Originally Posted by "Hammer1"

Any update on either the shells or what guns will be available for the 3-inch 28 gauge Fiocchi ?

Any field or range reports ?

Ask a simple direct question in a polite way.

Wonder how people with no information concerning the simple answer respond ?

On Monday morning call FiocchiUSA, who knows the answer.

Wonder how people who know the answer respond ?

Get a very polite person who gives the answer to the original question.

Also emailed the question to Ballistic Products, which is a large retailer of Fiocchi products, and who may know the simple answer to the original simple question.

They did.

Ballistic Products wrote back a nice email with the simple answer.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
That's nice.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Pugs
Originally Posted by jorgeI
OK Pugs, send me the pics once you get it smile did you guys go this weekend?

Zeke, Suz, Steve and I heading out this afternoon to do a bit.

I see you're running with Riff Raff wink again.

A well balanced 28g is like a conductors baton in the field. Pure joy to shoot, and deadly on quail.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by hatari
Originally Posted by Pugs
Originally Posted by jorgeI
OK Pugs, send me the pics once you get it smile did you guys go this weekend?

Zeke, Suz, Steve and I heading out this afternoon to do a bit.

I see you're running with Riff Raff wink again.

A well balanced 28g is like a conductors baton in the field. Pure joy to shoot, and deadly on quail.

And Steve is the pusher of the worst kind of drugs! Surely I can find a cheaper habit. grin
[Linked Image]

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Well I sure as hell can't. Just sent in my check for that Verney 450NE smile

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Jorge....you suck. laugh

I am..........disturbed.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Beauty!

Should you take The General afield, I'll loan him my Ugartechea. That way he won't feel like a poor relation in your company. I know what fragile egos you guys sport. wink

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Oh! you have no Idea! I'd feel totally nekked with my Orion GII! frown

Dan: thanks!

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by hatari
Beauty!

Should you take The General afield, I'll loan him my Ugartechea. That way he won't feel like a poor relation in your company. I know what fragile egos you guys sport. wink

Certainly need to get in the field next year for some birds with you guys. Fragile egos are for the fighter guys. Us Prowler sorts are used to being the fat slow kid in the Airwing that get no respect until they need us. grin

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm all for it. Anyone who hasn't had the pleasure of using a nicely balanced 28g in the field has missed out on fun.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I resemble that remark, although the F-4 virus never left me... smile

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

531 members (1OntarioJim, 007FJ, 1Longbow, 1moredeer, 160user, 10Glocks, 47 invisible), 2,309 guests, and 1,177 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,398
Posts18,470,039
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.