-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 21 of 23 1 2 19 20 21 22 23
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Have yet to see you incorporate a chart upon anything you've seen,shot or used in the firsthand.

No reason to allow this subject to stop you,as it's unknown to you as well.

You go girl!..................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Actually, you have seen such a chart, but it didn't penetrate the Wall of Ego.

I groweth weary of that. smile You are entertaining up to a point but dude, you gotta at least try to play a reasonably "fair" game or else it just gets boring.

Oh, and Brad is right 'n' you are wrong. Just sayin'.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Imagination don't fare well with Reality,which you so eloquently quantify.

You'll never grow weary of it,because it's all you can muster and obliviously.

[bleep] riot!...............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I got a Kimber made Winchester. Model 320....she sandbags <

Me too, but one of my huntin' buds only ever gave it Near-Kimber status. Close enough.

Still shooting it, even if it is now worth about 7 times what it cost back in the early 70s, when new.

If three or more people think you're a dimwit, chances are at least one of them is right.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by dubePA
I got a Kimber made Winchester. Model 320....she sandbags <

Me too, but one of my huntin' buds only ever gave it Near-Kimber status. Close enough.

Still shooting it, even if it is now worth about 7 times what it cost back in the early 70s, when new.

I bought mine a couple years ago. I think in was in the mid $200's

Camp is where you make it.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Dammit Dumbrowski, doesn't do me any good to put folks on ignore, if you're gonna keep pasting their stuff so's I can read it.

Grumble, beech, moan. Coupla yucks throwed in.

If three or more people think you're a dimwit, chances are at least one of them is right.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Think I paid around $50-60 for mine new, probably around 1972?

Last time I saw a really minty one in these parts a coupla years ago, they wanted to have $400 for it. Maybe about 6-8 years ago, a guy had one NIB at a show and wanted $350 for it.

Wish I'd bought another one, when they were still below three digits in price. Mine has always been very accurate. My opinion, closest thing to 'em today, are the CZs.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by dubePA
Dammit Dumbrowski, doesn't do me any good to put folks on ignore, if you're gonna keep pasting their stuff so's I can read it.

Grumble, beech, moan. Coupla yucks throwed in.

She likes to delete...though who could blame her?...........(grin)

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm on a limb here and guessing again.

But..I have seen rifles with so called feeding issues and in truth they had 'em, as you could not manipulate the bolt in any manner you chose or the problem would surface.

However, once you learned the "trick" (speed and feel) to running it, the problem disappeared.

Those lacking finesse had feeding issues, those that figured it out didn't.

Most of us can run any bolt and screw up it's feeding if we want to, I can also take some that may be tempermental and figure put how to make it operate.

Thinking that might be the case here.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
my Montana had feeding issues, was a high spot on the follower of the mag.....lil sand paper, hand full of dummy rounds fed through a few hundred times while watching TV, problem gone....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Bingo. grin

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
not a problem only in Kimbers.....seen it in other brands.....if i can fix it with sand paper it aint a problem.....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by rattler
my Montana had feeding issues, was a high spot on the follower of the mag.....lil sand paper, hand full of dummy rounds fed through a few hundred times while watching TV, problem gone....

90% of the people out there would never take the time to try such a thing and would rather ship off there "POS broken" rifle and bitch and moan about it for eternity.

The thing that gives $1000 dollar rifles a bad name is people with $2 brains buy them.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by heavywalker
Originally Posted by rattler

90% of the people out there would never take the time to try such a thing and would rather ship off there "POS broken" rifle and bitch and moan about it for eternity.

The thing that gives $1000 dollar rifles a bad name is people with $2 brains buy them.

i keep printing presses that were built in 1927 that was put together in a guys garage in Minneapolis, 1950 in Germany, 1972 in Sweden and a US made one from 1979 running mostly with parts i can find at a smalltown ACE Hardware and a lumber yard.....the [bleep] if im gonna ship something off that just needs a lil elbow grease...would be more worried bout the post office loosing it or breaking it in transit...

the matched set of gears i paid $2,000 for plus shipping from Sweden needed a lil valve grinding compound to get to work perfectly, aint gonna send a rifle back to the manufacturer over a high spot on the follower that can be fixed quicker than it takes to package up and haul over to the PO...aint gonna beotch bout it either....if custom press parts that i pay big bucks for need a lil work for fitting i aint gonna complain bout a thousand dollar rifle that just needs a couple minutes with some sand paper....

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
My point exactly, but most people enjoy bitching about a problem way more than fixing it, then correlate complaining to experience.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Round pegs and round holes,have been knowed to go together..................(grin)

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
sumthin like that......

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Gimme time, enough quality files and a big enough hammer'n I can fix damn near anything. Or not. ;O)

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JohnMoses
I'm on a limb here and guessing again.

But..I have seen rifles with so called feeding issues and in truth they had 'em, as you could not manipulate the bolt in any manner you chose or the problem would surface.

However, once you learned the "trick" (speed and feel) to running it, the problem disappeared.

Those lacking finesse had feeding issues, those that figured it out didn't.

Most of us can run any bolt and screw up it's feeding if we want to, I can also take some that may be tempermental and figure put how to make it operate.

Thinking that might be the case here.

I think I'll quit hunting when it all becomes hum-drum *yawn* boring enough that I can finesse the bolt. I have missed opportunities to a rifle which didn't function well when "needed"; I should have known. My fault only, though the rifle had a real and certain hitch that needed attention. I'm sure there are plenty who don't know how or if their rifles work in similar situations. The more you pay, the more you ought to expect. That's a cornerstone of capitalism. Nothing wrong in that.

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Not an attack on capitalism, just stating that some can goatphuck the impregnable.

Small things can sometimes be cured and you'll have a first rate rifle.

I do agree that if I shell out alot of dough, I shouldn't have to be smithing on a brand new rifle.

Page 21 of 23 1 2 19 20 21 22 23

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

543 members (22kHornet, 160user, 1234, 19rabbit52, 1lessdog, 219 Wasp, 50 invisible), 2,363 guests, and 1,188 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,859
Posts18,517,753
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.