Home
Posted By: DanAdair More Kimber Tales of Woe.... - 02/20/11
So its been a while since I heard anybody hacking on Kimber's piss poor QC lately. So I thought I'd tell you all about what a diss-satisfied customer I've been since the Big D. All I do is hunt and [bleep] off in the woods.

Most that know me on the campfire know the history of my 308. We got off to a rocky start, as it had some feeding issues that went unresolved by Kimber. At MY choice, I took it to my gunsmith guru of the CRF (he came up in the acedemy with D'Arcy, Tommy Burgess, and a few others) Anyhow, he built me a stainless mag box, that was windowed, and used a follower and spring from a Howa 1500 (although softened considerably) and did a couple other tricks of the trade.... This left me with a sub 7 pound "all up" hunting rifle that STILL after 18 Lbs of Varget has been down the tube did THIS today in a 20 MPH sustained wind while developing a load with a 165 NABs. I'm switching to NABs instead of Partitions because I feel like I've been sodomized worse by paying 40 bucks for a box of NPTs than when i pay 2.95 a gallon for gas...

[Linked Image]

Its been a while since I hung a pic of my Montana Express (I don't leave home without it laugh )
[Linked Image]
Since the Big D, I pared down the arsenal quite a bit. Both because I needed to pay legal fees, and because I was starting to wonder if I owned that schit, or that schit owned me. So, I had a set of spare Talley LWs in Low, and a 2-7 Loopy with the LR duplex. I also quit using the Turner 1903 and went with the latigo. I'm just as lethal prone with either sling out to 450 prone, and that's all the farther I expect to whack schit with a 308 (and Elk will be inside 350 or it ain't happening)

So then my buddy Ed, longtime hunting buddy and serious rifleman decided he needed a new hunting rifle after this trip into some back country somewhere in NW Montana. It was October and it pissed down rain for a couple days (which tends to make blued/walnut get rusty and crusty) Ed is a serious collector of military rifles, he's a professional soldier. He also shoots Highpower (used to shoot IPSC and IDPA with me) and is part Mountain Goat.

Ed looking back down the 4500' elevation change we make in 1/2 mile
[Linked Image]
A couple camps over the season
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Country from our weeklong trip in October
[Linked Image]
[img]http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL152/10882229/20647066/395250949.jpg[/img]
[img]http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL152/10882229/20647066/395250960.jpg[/img]
[img]http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL152/10882229/20647066/395250960.jpg[/img]
[img]http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL152/10882229/20647066/395250971.jpg[/img]

Ten pic cap and all...... This concludes part 1... I'm working on part 2
One more of the country I hunt and call home.
[Linked Image]
Wonder why they call them slides???
[Linked Image]

So Ed is clearly "qualified" and has a lot more time in the field using and abusing schit than many I know, and his Warrant Officer background can make for some For Real Logic at times. So Ed called me on the phone and asked me one day "Dude, if you were going to buy JUST ONE rifle to hunt everything in the state of Montana from Lopers to Black Bears and Elk (and we trip over an occasional Grizzly Bear that goes 9' or better) what would you get?" Its not uncommon to see this around camp.
[Linked Image]

So I told him I'd take a serious look at a Kimber Montana, and said I was planning on holding out for one of the new LAs in 30-06. True to Ed style, he calls me the next day... "Bro, I just bought a used Montana in 338 WM with a brake on it for 8 bills shipped..." I was hoping that the brake told the story. Like it was a bit chippy without one, and too loud for its previous owner with one. I was really hoping that it wasn't a basketcase....

Turns out that 8400 338WMs are a big ass gun. Here's the two in the rack at the range today. Two "Working Girls" in the land of Sluts wink
[Linked Image]
Eds rifle is clearly junk... 3rd powder we tried under 225 NABs was IMR4831 @ 71 grains even for 2844 AVG with spreads in the teens (using WW brass sized to headspace on the shoulder and FED215Ms)
[Linked Image]
Today at the range it was 25 degrees with a sustained wind speed of 20 MPH most of the day. We had gusts that were snapping off lodgepole. Witches tits are warmer frown We had on all the clothes I had in my truck, and I'm a professional millbilly. I've had to shovel off debarker decks in 50 below to get schit working. I live in my truck, I swear. The joke today is that we were doing paperwork at the air conditioned office... The bench became "The Desk Job" and the truck (which was running with the heater on full blast) was "The Break Room"
[Linked Image]
[img]http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL152/10882229/20647066/395250818.jpg[/img]

Clearly they need to get their schit together over there at Kimber... Ed's looking forward to beating the schit out of his Kimber as much as I HAVE enjoved beating the schit out of mine laugh
Oh....

The 165 NABs load work up got interesting. I ended up stopping at 44.5 grains of Varget over Federal 210Ms in Lapua brass at 2.807 OAL, it was clearly right at the top of a "node" and produced a velocity of 2722 AVG with a spread in the single digits. The second group in the wind where I tried to break the shots in the same conditions was right at a half inch CTC.

I ended up quitting on RL15.... Everything else the same, and 44 grains even only went 2612. The RL15 was new stuff (date code said it was about 4 months old)
Looks like a good time. Good lookin' rifles.
Looks like a great time. Whats with all the dead timber? it looks like pics I've seen of Mount St. Helens, My uncle was near there when it blew up, said it was a real mess for miles................Hillbilly.
Posted By: Brad Re: More Kimber Tales of Woe.... - 02/20/11
Good stuff there Dano.

A 308 MT is one of the smartest rifles a guy can buy off the shelf... laugh

The new style feedramp makes feeding most excellent off the shelf.
Too funny and from all angles!.................
Keep telling yourself the feedramp wasn't changed to a shallower degree for a reason... too funny from all angles!...............
Admittedly,I'll never be able to shoot any of mine,without laughing in your honor.

Funniest schit I've ever heard!..................

You keep telling yourself that...
I needn't reiterate reality,but feel free to beat the Fantasy drum................
Dan,

You forgot to post pictures of the animals you killed this year.
Originally Posted by Big Stick
I needn't reiterate reality,but feel free to beat the Fantasy drum................

The self-deluded are fascinating to watch... keep lying to yourself publicly. I'm too kind to shoot a man hanging himself.............
Feel free to cite how slowly and poorly an early serial number Montucky will shoot,in accordance to the findings of your "profound experience" and "knowledge" upon this matter and I'll happily cook you Crow until you are tired of eating it.

'Course I'll make it look easy too,if only because it is.

Fire up that Imagination Tinkerbell and shoot for the stars!

Laffin'!...............
Originally Posted by Brad
Keep telling yourself the feedramp wasn't changed to a shallower degree for a reason... too funny from all angles!...............
Still curious to know how fast I can't shoot mine,as factored by your "experience".

Laffin'!....................
Your incessant public masturbation is sad to watch...
Your feigning a [bleep] clue about rifles,takes stupidity to new heights.

Cracks me up how you fight tooth and nail for a single glimmer of hope,but can't ever get there. I suggest you take notes and apply same.

Thank me later............
So why did Kimber re-design the feedramp, making it shallower by 10*?

Do tell...
DanAdair: Enjoyed the pictures of "Flathead" country!
I have done a lot of Hunting up in the Yaak to Eureka to Thomon Falls country. Lots of remote fun to be had up there.
And this - I learned long ago, that, which does not kill you ("Big D") makes you stronger!
And speaking of strong I got hung up on your super-human feat of strength wherein you "gained 4,500' of elevation in 1/2 mile" - or 2,640'!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
'Humility is not thinking less of yourself, it's thinking of yourself less,'

Do tell...

Same reason they dropped the 7mm Ball,the 243 twist and 224 twist rates.

[bleep] Do-nuttin' Bean Counters,know nothing about rifles.

Which you so eloquently quantify. Though "fixing" schit that ain't broke,is pretty funny...................
Originally Posted by Wickens
'Humility is not thinking less of yourself, it's thinking of yourself less,'

I like facts.

I'll leave Estrogen to others..................

Do tell...

Which you so eloquently quantify. Though "fixing" schit that ain't broke,is pretty funny...................

WRONG... but it's not surprising you haven't a clue... re-design and new manufacture COSTS money, doesn't SAVE money.

Carry on with the self-hanging... it's fascinating to watch...
Feel free to cite any/all "mistakes" you think I've made.

It'll be funny!.................
DanAdair;
Thanks for sharing some of your hunt photos with us. I always enjoy seeing where other folks spend their autumns.

I must congratulate you on your choice of hunting partner in Ed as well. We used to backpack out a little bit of game meat and I've found it was never a bad idea to take along a large and fit individual to help pack! laugh

Thanks again and good luck to you both on your upcoming hunts.

Regards,
Dwayne
All the "little twig" does is self abuse. That is why he is bald and blind.
Remember this is the guy who still shoots blue bullets and "rams them into the lands" because he knows better than the bullet maker.

This is an idiot who dips a M54 Winchester in epoxy goop. About as qualified on Kimbers as the rest of us on piloting an F22.

So they changed the feed ramp angle ? Remington changed the extractor on the 700 ..... so I guess they are junk as well.

You wish to know everything, just sit at his feet, BUT keep an eye on the diaper or you might get leaked upon.
Feel free to cite any/all "mistakes" you think I've made.

It'll be funny!.................

I just did... reading comprehension issues?

Do tell...

WRONG... but it's not surprising you haven't a clue... re-design and new manufacture COSTS money, doesn't SAVE money.

Numb nuts,there's nothing more cost effective,than having an initial [bleep] clue.

Bean Counters are noooooooooooo good at spec'ing rifle particulars,as you quantify.................
Originally Posted by shooter4570
All the "little twig" does is self abuse. That is why he is bald and blind.
Remember this is the guy who still shoots blue bullets and "rams them into the lands" because he knows better than the bullet maker.

This is an idiot who dips a M54 Winchester in epoxy goop. About as qualified on Kimbers as the rest of us on piloting an F22.

So they changed the feed ramp angle ? Remington changed the extractor on the 700 ..... so I guess they are junk as well.

You wish to know everything, just sit at his feet, BUT keep an eye on the diaper or you might get leaked upon.

Cite your Montucky "experiences" and feel free to cite serial number range,to quantify those "findings". Laffin'!

Do tell some yarns,in regards to 700 extractor "woes" too.

Please cite where you've found me "mistaken".

Laffin'!.................

Brad, Google Earth where he lives. That will answer a lot of questions for you.
Chronic light depravation induced depression combined with a society (?) made up of trailer trash outcasts from the lower 48 ...... well, you get it.

Current temp -24 F

http://travelingluck.com/North%20Am...ka/_5868938_Milne%20Point.html#local_map

What else is there to do but self abuse and annoy those brighter than you with functional illiterate postings on the only gun blog you have not been banned from ?
Good call to sidestep rifles and focus your insecurities instead.

I'll feign my "surprise".

Laffin'!...................
that's a liiitle north of where he lives...
'4570 is a true Vagenius.....................
Your incessant public masturbation is sad to watch...

Was true earlier and remains so...
Poor dumb pointy hat Brad and her [bleep] WILD [bleep] Imagination.

Always eager to pretend a clue and only faster to clam up,when asked about the simplistic particulars,which she Imagined in the first place.

I can see me rounding up a goodly smattering of the "affected" serial number range and putting on a little bit of a HASTY LR Clinic.

Thoughts?...................

Was true above and is still true.

You're surmising about why Kimber changed the ramp is hysterical. But your guessing is fun to watch.

Continue your self-hanging... am enjoying it...
Too bad. What a waste of time he is. He could improve?

Was true above and is still true.

You're surmising about why Kimber changed the ramp is hysterical. But your guessing is fun to watch.

Continue your self-hanging... am enjoying it...

I said simply,that in the range you love to cite,that the "issues" are imagined and would squarely state that you are in wayyyyyyyyyyyy over your head...to hint you've a clue about rifles. I own these "affected" wares and curiously enough,due to their performance,pards have went nuts procuring same. But,we all shoot,which of course do skew things,though not in your favor. None of which is secreted.

Further,Kimber has really dropped the .284" ball and hamstrung their 224 and 243 wares,due to twist rates.

Feel free to Imagine your way out of those facts...just don't forget to do so aloud.

Brad, are you aware he has his own website ? Something like as "real as it gets".
Someone built it for him after he got canned here as "NOBODY", as this was the last site he had not been kicked off.
Worth a visit just to see how many people should really be under professional care and strong medication.

You can't fault him for one thing .... he never changes.
never answers a direct question
never avoids trying to change the direction of attack when defeated
never admits he is wrong
never avoids lapsing into pseudo obscenity when confronted with facts
never stops building (?) some of the most ugly guns ever conceived by man (?)
never shuts up

Intelligence ? none! entertainment ? priceless !
Half inch group at 100, no feeding issues, lightweight, whats not to like.

I thought they were fragile and had NO idea they'd shoot alllllllll the way to 100yds in fine form!....................

RINK
I actually streched it AALLLLL the way out to 450+ (steel gong @ 462)
Brad, are you aware he has his own website ? Something like as "real as it gets".
Someone built it for him after he got canned here as "NOBODY", as this was the last site he had not been kicked off.
Worth a visit just to see how many people should really be under professional care and strong medication.

never admits he is wrong
never shuts up

...........Yep! Exactly. A 21 laugh salute for the amazing Mr. Big Stick! ... laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

never admits he is wrong
never shuts up

Pretty knowing for someone who's only been around for three weeks. What's your previous handle here and why did you change it? Inquiring minds want to know..
A couple of #1s as "improved" by Mr. BS
Better to fit him and announce he is in the area.

[Linked Image]
Olddouche, good thing you never worked as an undercover cop, because you would've blown your cover in about five minutes. Retard.
WTF caused everyones effing panties to get lit on fire?
What am I doing in the Optics forum?
Originally Posted by Elcope
WTF caused everyones effing panties to get lit on fire?

Just giving the resident transvestite, who has more lives than Jason from Friday the 13th, a warm welcome back.
Originally Posted by bigsqueeze

never admits he is wrong
never shuts up

...........Yep! Exactly. A 21 laugh salute for the amazing Mr. Big Stick! ... laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

'Squeeze,I musta missed it...which Kimber are you gunning? Keep that Imagination of your's fired up,because you never don't need it.

Dan, great posts and thanks forall the pics! I always get a kick out of your posts and should fate ever bring us together, I'm buying you beer(s) and standing the [bleep] BACK! And putting a towel on my dashboard. <BSEG>

I love my only Kimber rifle. The Kimber 1911 I had was fantastic. I'd buy more Kimber rifles in a hot second. At worst, a new barrel away from Nirvana and that's true (the new barrel part) of about any other factory rifle so....

Very envious of the country you hunt. To be able to glass...
great pics, nice country!

What does that .338 weigh scoped? Did he take the brake off?
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
And speaking of strong I got hung up on your super-human feat of strength wherein you "gained 4,500' of elevation in 1/2 mile" - or 2,640'!

Yeah, me too. It's hard to find a place with 4,500 in a half mile, much less climb it.
Originally Posted by smokepole

Yeah, me too. It's hard to find a place with 4,500 in a half mile, much less climb it.

Yosemite
Dan, who makes that backpack you're wearing in the picture? It looks like something I could really make use of.
Mystery Ranch pack for sure, 6500 version I would believe.
Originally Posted by blargon
great pics, nice country!

What does that .338 weigh scoped? Did he take the brake off?

About 8# and I left the break on.

I think Dan mistyped, it was actually a 2500' gain in a half mile, about 10-12 switchbacks.

never admits he is wrong
never shuts up

'Squeeze,I musta missed it...which Kimber are you gunning? Keep that Imagination of your's fired up,because you never don't need it.

.............Your priceless personality which "shooter4570" described to a tee, and my above post which gave you a complimentary 21 laugh salute, has nothing to do with whether I owned a Kimber or not............I simply agreed with him..... wink

I think Dan mistyped, it was actually a 2500' gain in a half mile, about 10-12 switchbacks.

We are pretty much used to Dan's exaggerations.
Posted By: KDK Re: More Kimber Tales of Woe.... - 02/20/11
Originally Posted by Calvin

Well, why let the truth get in the way of a good story? smile
Originally Posted by Kenneth

That would be correct. I have that bag and a CrewCab, and all my Eberlestocks got donated to hillbillies that needed them worse than me. for my build, its been the most comfortable pack I've ever owned (and there's been more than a few)
Thanks for the pics Dan, some more country I would love to hunt.
Originally Posted by KDK

Well, why let the truth get in the way of a good story? smile

I actually looked at that topo... The pic where Ed was satnding is about a 2500' gain. To the top (the old lookout tower) is at about 7500' (another mile in) trailhead is about 3100' I did lie to keep the locations specifics vague... BECAUSE I don't want to see any other [bleep] hunting in there. It is in the top 10 ridgelines for max elevation in my area of operation, and features many sub alpine meadows.

However, Calvin can still go [bleep] himself. i only eve see what he writes when others quote him, as he'll be on my ignore list indefinately.
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
Olddouche, good thing you never worked as an undercover cop, because you would've blown your cover in about five minutes. Retard.

TFF, what is this frammy, handle # 6, or 7?
Awww, c'mon, sweet lil' Calvin? grin

I have reached a real turning point with my knees where going DOWNHILL 4500 feet (or 2500, lol) hurts as much as going UP! Damn skiing..........

Originally Posted by VaHillbilly
Looks like a great time. Whats with all the dead timber? it looks like pics I've seen of Mount St. Helens, My uncle was near there when it blew up, said it was a real mess for miles................Hillbilly.

The pics of dead timber are in various "Burns" in NW montana.

Ask ElCope about the Stockholm March last September laugh

Slides tend to grow quite a bit of widtch after burns... Ed, you got that pic of the big ass slide under the launch ramp?

I forgot to rip that one last night frown
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
Awww, c'mon, sweet lil' Calvin? grin

I have reached a real turning point with my knees where going DOWNHILL 4500 feet (or 2500, lol) hurts as much as going UP! Damn skiing..........

Thats a large part of why I use trekking poles with a pack on. I can climb anything, anytime and nothing hurts. Downhill tears me up bad. Do more lunges when you're at the gym (and see a physical therapist too, and do what they say) I haven't had any trouble with my left knee for a few months, we'll see how it holds up this spring with a pack on. What tore mine up was pounding on it all those years in JuJitsu frown
Originally Posted by DanAdair

That would be correct. I have that bag and a CrewCab, and all my Eberlestocks got donated to hillbillies that needed them worse than me. for my build, its been the most comfortable pack I've ever owned (and there's been more than a few)

Thanks man! I'll have to look into those.
Once I'm warmed up I'm ok, but going downhill to start the day, really gets my left knee. That's a Bball injury... skiing strengthens the quads/knees immensely, but I'd be lying if I didn't say there's some real wear-and-tear that happens too...

But [bleep] (now you got me bleepin', lol) just about everything worth doing takes a toll.

I've always been intrigued by martial arts but the injury risk spooks me, especially at age 45. I think if I could survive the first year or two relatively injury free I'd be ok, but getting into any knd of real sparring shape would be... adventurous.
Originally Posted by VaHillbilly

The pics of dead timber are in various "Burns" in NW montana.

Ask ElCope about the Stockholm March last September laugh

Slides tend to grow quite a bit of widtch after burns... Ed, you got that pic of the big ass slide under the launch ramp?

I forgot to rip that one last night frown

I just emailed it to you at [email protected] , is that email still valid?
Posted By: Brad Re: More Kimber Tales of Woe.... - 02/21/11

I said simply,that in the range you love to cite,that the "issues" are imagined and would squarely state that you are in wayyyyyyyyyyyy over your head...to hint you've a clue about rifles. I own these "affected" wares and curiously enough,due to their performance,pards have went nuts procuring same. But,we all shoot,which of course do skew things,though not in your favor. None of which is secreted.

Further,Kimber has really dropped the .284" ball and hamstrung their 224 and 243 wares,due to twist rates.

Feel free to Imagine your way out of those facts...just don't forget to do so aloud.

What a complete and total dumbazz, though you did sidestep the original question with aplomb.

So again, Larry, why did Kimber re-design the 84M and 8400 with a 10* shallower ramp?

You've already said it's due to beancounters, which of course is laughable.

So why was the feedramp changed Larry?

PS, try to stay on topic if your meds allow...

My hat's off to ya, 2500 in a half mile is still steeper than anything I've humped a pack up.

never admits he is wrong
never shuts up

.............Your priceless personality which "shooter4570" described to a tee, and my above post which gave you a complimentary 21 laugh salute, has nothing to do with whether I owned a Kimber or not............I simply agreed with him..... wink

If you only could BEGIN to comprehend how stupid you are...you'd punch yourself in the face,with a fist full of your lady fingers.

Laffin!..............

What a complete and total dumbazz, though you did sidestep the original question with aplomb.

So again, Larry, why did Kimber re-design the 84M and 8400 with a 10* shallower ramp?

You've already said it's due to beancounters, which of course is laughable.

Vagenius...why do mine feed empties?

Laffin'!..................
Can't imagine they changed it to make the product worse and sheeit, I've got quite the imagination. whistle
Can't answer the question due to little man's syndrome...
Posted By: 30338 Re: More Kimber Tales of Woe.... - 02/21/11
Wish the bastids would roll out a lefty 223. Till then, building off 700s.
Can't imagine they changed it to make the product worse and sheeit, I've got quite the imagination. whistle

Ain't often that Makers change for the better.

Look at Sako,Tikka,Winny.................
Can't answer the question due to little man's syndrome...

Why stupid [bleep] do stupid schit,is something I cain't control...but it's enough to make you giddy.

Which do crack me up................

More guessing and grasping... too funny...

More guessing and grasping... too funny...

Simply fact,across the board. Feel free to cite anything you think I'm "mistaken" about..................

Same numb-nutted dumbphuck thought "hey,let's drop the 7Whizzum and [bleep] with the feedramp,so clueless idjuts who don't shoot...THINK we're "improving" things".

Standard Bean Counter brainfart...............

I actually looked at that topo... The pic where Ed was satnding is about a 2500' gain. To the top (the old lookout tower) is at about 7500' (another mile in) trailhead is about 3100' I did lie to keep the locations specifics vague... BECAUSE I don't want to see any other [bleep] hunting in there. It is in the top 10 ridgelines for max elevation in my area of operation, and features many sub alpine meadows.

However, Calvin can still go [bleep] himself. i only eve see what he writes when others quote him, as he'll be on my ignore list indefinately.

TFF! Keep em coming! And where are all those hero shots from 2010? A pile of bear [bleep] don't count..
A change is either better, worse, or neutral.

A Builder of Things is dis-incentivized to change for the worse, or even for a neutral result. However, there is incentive for a change for the better (reduced warranty returns, higher customer satisfaction, etc).

Now- I have no [bleep] idea if Kimber made the rifle better, worse, or neutral by changing it. But change it, they did, and it wasn't for no reason.

I guess what can be said conclusively is that they changed it with the intent of making it better. They weren't intending the opposite.

Y'all can argue about whether ye olde feede ramps were better, or the New Improved �berfeed 2005 Xtreme feed ramps are better. But even this dumbphuck can say with authority that the manufacturer didn't do it for no reason, or to the make the product worse................

Standard Bean Counter brainfart...............

More guessing... too funny to see the Public Masturbater flailing his piece to such little effect...
Were I not surrounded with specimens in the "affected" range,you'd be off the hook.

But alas...that ain't the case,nor close...............
I've been at my kids basketball tournament since 8:30 this morning and all day yesterday.... anything you guys can do to relieve the boredom is fully appreciated! Keep fighting, I'm begging all y'all! grin whistle
I've never had the slightest reservation,in saying something sucked or was [bleep].

The Montucky F/F and accuracy "woes",is right up there with "Barrel break-in" and "light barrels don't shoot",on my list of favorites...................
This very thread was started by Adair saying he had feeding issue's
with his Kimber.

There is at least two other threads going on right now regarding problems with Kimbers,

Are we saying that these people are full of mis-information?

I have no doubt that Kimber has produced a few bombs, just like every other manufacturer.

I dont own one, never shot one, but I would like too.

Build a leftie and I'm interested......

I've never had the slightest reservation,in saying something sucked or was [bleep].

The Montucky F/F and accuracy "woes",is right up there with "Barrel break-in" and "light barrels don't shoot",on my list of favorites...................

I get that, and I'm with you on the break-in and thin barrels and I'll raise you with an "I don't clean mine much".... grin... but I've read too many credible first-hand reports of feeding problems in Kimbers to just call 'em all a bunch of liars. I mean some guys had rifles that literally wouldn't feed from one side, usually the left side. Unless they were just lying.
Simply fact,across the board. Feel free to cite anything you think I'm "mistaken" about..................

Easy enough:

Holes/slots/grooves/flutes...whatever you wish to term it,anywhere contrary to the bore's gas exit,do simply add "noise".

That'd be a fact..............

[Linked Image]

The XM177-e2 Moderater shown in the picture, has as you can see slots in the end of it. It lowers the decible rating of an AR-15 carbine enough that the ATF requires it's registration as a suppressor.

BS was demonstrably proven wrong on this on an earlier thread but of course he doesn't have enough character to admit he was wrong. All he can offer up are the same lame insults over and over. It's pathetic that someone has to make up for problems in their personal life by trying to pick petty fights on internet threads............................DJ
with his Kimber.

There is at least two other threads going on right now regarding problems with Kimbers,

I have no doubt that Kimber has produced a few bombs, just like every other manufacturer.

DoucheAdair is as clueless as they come. Brad is squarely in the ranks and Jeff-O frosts the [bleep] cake.

If only obviously..................

Originally Posted by djpaintless

Easy enough:

Holes/slots/grooves/flutes...whatever you wish to term it,anywhere contrary to the bore's gas exit,do simply add "noise".

[Linked Image]

The XM177-e2 Moderater shown in the picture, has as you can see slots in the end of it. It lowers the decible rating of an AR-15 carbine enough that the ATF requires it's registration as a suppressor.

BS was demonstrably proven wrong on this on an earlier thread but of course he doesn't have enough character to admit he was wrong. All he can offer up are the same lame insults over and over. It's pathetic that someone has to make up for problems in their personal life by trying to pick petty fights on internet threads............................DJ

Dickbrain,I said a Vortex makes schit louder and that simply because they do..................
So is a new Classic Select in .270 Wizzum likely to be a good bet, with okay feeding, or is likely to be like a dumb blonde - pretty but troublesome?
A 270 of any flavor,ain't a serious consideration for anything...except perhaps a signaling device and I'd suggest a Vortex to sweeten the pot............

Easy enough:

[Linked Image]

Dickbrain,I said a Vortex makes schit louder and that simply because they do..................

What you said were what were in quotes simply because it was. You was wrong cuz you were.........................DJ
Dickbrain. Copy/paste a direct link,so as to spare others the suffering of your comprehension.

Though it is FUNNY!..............

DoucheAdair is as clueless as they come. Brad is squarely in the ranks and Jeff-O frosts the [bleep] cake.

If only obviously..................

WTF??? Larry, this is the first time that you decided to pick a fight with me since Rick allowed you back on the fire (a pitty [bleep] if I ever did see one) and this time for no [bleep] reason whatsovever. I stayed the [bleep] out of your and Brad's pissing match because I don't have a dog in the fight.

Truth be known, the old feedramp angle on my 84 is the only thing I DIDN'T have a problem with.

But then what the [bleep] do I know... All the Kimber top dogs live right down the road from my singlewide, and it is a small town....

I just grew up in the Flathead, the area with more real gunsmiths per capita than anywhere else in the world....

I've shot custom rifles built on M98s that cost more than you make in a year from gunsmiths like D'Arcy, and Lee and not just once.

I'm amazed at what a sad little [bleep] gnome you really are underneath it all. I got nothing more to say to you. You can taunt me to your hearts content, and get no more replies from me I got better [bleep] to do with my time than listening to your ballistic masturbation.

Seriously, go [bleep] yourself. And eat a bag of dicks for desert
You taunt yourself,which is the funny part.

Good luck on whining things better...though you've the knack!................
with his Kimber.

I want to see more manufacturers windowing mag boxes, and mastering fundamental things of CRF bolt actions like making sure that when the bolt is closed, the ejector isn't tipping case heads down on the LH side in the unwindowed mag box. Oh, and things like case heads and shoulders need to be allowed to form equilateral triangles...

Instead IMO (god that takes balls to say IN MY OPINION, doesn't it?) Kimbers fix was to make the ramp shallower and put a new spring in the box that you could use for a spare in the back end of a Chevy half ton, should you break one towing a horse trailer. They COULD have put some money into tooling up for a new mag box like the OLD winchester 70's that has ribs beadrolled into the sides, thus eliminating the cartridges scrubbing against the side of the box, and allowing them to roll up smoothly.
Kimber doesnt own the market on this problem..... BTW.

People just bitch more when a thousand dollar rifle chokes.
Pretty easy to radius the ejector's underside.

Just sayin'..............

[Linked Image]
......... Copy/paste a direct link,so as to spare others the suffering of your comprehension.

Easy enough:

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth..._What_does_a_Vortex_flash_hi#Post4775716

And to simplify things for those not wanting to read the entire thread here are another couple EXACT quotes from BS:

Feel free to cite any/all "Suppressor"(s) that exhaust elsewhere from the boreline.

Then talk about their holes/slots/grooves/flutes.

Cite the one/any/all that exhausts gas anywhere,other than in relation to the bore line.

The XM177e2 moderator wasn't the only example given that refutes your statements.

Sad thing is that most of the time muzzle brakes and/or anything with holes DO make guns louder, just not ALWAYS. But in your petty arrogance you couldn't admit that there are exceptions to the rule. Instead you go on with your typical petty insults ad nauseum.

But again to the point, BS HAS been demonstated to be wrong and exactly as the earlier poster comments he'll never admit it.

Of the more than a dozen Kimbers I've had some certainly fed better than others OTB. I haven't personally had any real problems but I typically tune all mine up anyway whether they were feeding OK or not OTB so I might have worked right past a rifle that didn't feed right without really noticing..............................DJ
Larry, you missed the point....

How did a fundamental ESCAPE the CAD-CAM engineers in the first place?

It also causes "Premature Ejection" which can't be fixed with pills.
Let me give you a list of other rifle manufacturers that make/made a CRF action where in stock trim, the ejector stops at the back end of the mag box.....

All of them... All through history...
[/quote].............Your priceless personality which "shooter4570" described to a tee, and my above post which gave you a complimentary 21 laugh salute, has nothing to do with whether I owned a Kimber or not............I simply agreed with him..... wink

[/quote]If you only could BEGIN to comprehend how stupid you are...you'd punch yourself in the face,with a fist full of your lady fingers.

Laffin!..............

[/quote]..................I`d much rather give you the opportunty to personally punch me in the face. As I recall, I gave you that chance. But! Cowards are as cowards go! You happen to exemplify the definition of a true coward.

Your verbal pie hole is much louder and bigger than any bark, bite, or courage that you could ever have.

From the cheap seats, it's funny that one guy can get a crowd into such a lather, and so easily.

I radiused/shortened the ejector,to prevent dive of 223AI's heads and to allow a greater COAL to exit the ejection port.

Coupled with a Weatherby-esque scallop,up front.................

[Linked Image]
[/quote].............Your priceless personality which "shooter4570" described to a tee, and my above post which gave you a complimentary 21 laugh salute, has nothing to do with whether I owned a Kimber or not............I simply agreed with him..... wink

If you only could BEGIN to comprehend how stupid you are...you'd punch yourself in the face,with a fist full of your lady fingers.

Laffin!..............

[/quote]..................I`d much rather give you the opportunty to personally punch me in the face. As I recall, I gave you that chance. But! Cowards are as cowards go! You happen to exemplify the definition of a true coward.

Your verbal pie hole is much louder and bigger than any bark, bite, or courage that you could ever have.

[/quote]

'squeeze,

I didn't say that it was possible,that you could punch yourself in the face hard enough to hurt yourself...................
From the cheap seats, it's funny that one guy can get a crowd into such a lather, and so easily.

Threads like this must be driving the cost of advertising through the roof <grin>

[/quote]

'squeeze,

I didn't say that it was possible,that you could punch yourself in the face hard enough to hurt yourself................... [/quote]...........I`ll be happy to save my face for you as your punching bag,,,,,anytime.
I fight with my feet and [bleep] with my face...and not prone to bitchslapping retards..................

[Linked Image]

Image borrowed from authour without permission.....

Here's another fundamental that you have issues with (including Kimber, their Rifle Specialist showed me this trick)

That trigger is an outsourced part... Both halves of the housing have the pin holes punched from the same side. (instead of from the inside out)

Undo that screw that holds the trigger to the reciever (its North and West of where the screwdriver is)

Push the sear all the way down, and drift out the pin that captures it (its South and West of the hole where you can see your sear engagement.

Now, make sure it rotates freely all the way 180 degrees around from where it was (don't lose your spring) If it doesn't, remove the leftover burr from the manufacturing process.

This is one of the reasons that Kimbers (and other light rifles) get a rap for being tough to shoot well and in severe cases it can be a source for light strikes in guns that have correct headspace and firing pin protrusion. It can cause a Variable Locktime condition that will drive you nuts.... (Yes, you can move a rifle a lot between when the sear breaks and it goes boomity boom) Kimbers fix for this was to contact Wolff and provide a +P firing pin spring.... Larry's right, Beancounters and Suits were the ones that [bleep] that up
Originally Posted by Lawdwaz

Threads like this must be driving the cost of advertising through the roof <grin>

Hoping BS gets royalties... wink
Didn't shoot any frames of the receiver,less firecontrol system...but shoulda,if only for conversation.

Mebbe tomorrow,before paint................
Beancounters and Suits were the ones that [bleep] that up

Again... Kimber isn't the only company with this problem....

They're just the only one that sells 1000 dollar rifles.

It's a good show, no doubt. The best Dan can muster for the season is a pile of bear chit, and that is one of the funniest things I've seen in a long time. For all the tough guy "talk" the guy can pull out of his ass, you'd think he'd be able to do something.

I radiused/shortened the ejector,to prevent dive of 223AI's heads and to allow a greater COAL to exit the ejection port.

[Linked Image]

Larry, the heads can dive all they want.... If the box is windowed, they will roll back up with minimal pressure.

Go ahead and tell the group what happens when too similar of a Brinell Hardness exists between metallic parts.
Originally Posted by Lawdwaz

Hoping BS gets royalties... wink

I have voted for him. laugh laugh

He is pure gold.
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I have voted for him. laugh laugh

He is pure gold.

At least his rifle is.
Didn't shoot any frames of the receiver,less firecontrol system...but shoulda,if only for conversation.

Mebbe tomorrow,before paint................

A Montana in 223 gives me wood. I could dig one of them much...
I fight with my feet and [bleep] with my face...and not prone to bitchslapping retards..................
......You can fight "ANY WAY" you wish there pal. Won`t matter. You`ll be my "bitch slappin" retard, cuz I`ll just plain `ol bitch slap ya around here and there.

U "[bleep]" with yer face??? Did you have your nose replaced with a penis there Stick???

Look who`s the idiot!......LAFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFIN!!!!!!

[Linked Image]

Larry, the heads can dive all they want.... If the box is windowed, they will roll back up with minimal pressure.

Go ahead and tell the group what happens when too similar of a Brinell Hardness exists between metallic parts.

No thang to relieve the ejector's underside,so as to preclude it's contact with the portside loaded round's body...even when going Ackley Improved.

I don't get giddy about windows,as another hole for schit to get into,is another hole for schit to get into.....................
......You can fight "ANY WAY" you wish there pal. Won`t matter. You`ll be my "bitch slappin" retard, cuz I`ll just plain `ol bitch slap ya around here and there.

U "[bleep]" with yer face??? Did you have your nose replaced with a penis there Stick???

Didn't mean to horn you up yet again. But due to your undisputed fine taste in men,I'll allow you to feast your prick looking eyes.

[Linked Image]

Hope it don't knock you up...................
It was only a matter of time before pics of Larry the Loser and trees started.

Next will come the fish, etc. etc.

Yawn,

raging Narcissism is getting old...........................dj

Didn't mean to horn you up yet again. But due to your undisputed fine taste in men,I'll allow you to feast your prick looking eyes.

[Linked Image]

we got persimmions bigger than your pot belled ass lol whos laufin now

[Linked Image]

..........If that`s you in that pic, then all the more reason for someone someday, to really put you out of your misery. Wish it could be me that does it.

Beedy eyes, a pot belly and a go-tee! You look like a shorter haired Charles Manson. Love to have your mug as my target!!!

Cartlidge and bone re-arrangment can be my specialty. I would be very happy to improve your looks there Mr. Big Schit Stick!! No doubt I could greatly improve your appearance.............Laaaaaaaafin!
It was only a matter of time before pics of Larry the Loser and trees started.

Next will come the fish, etc. etc.

Yawn,

raging Narcissism is getting old...........................dj

One would think objectively,that doing nothin' would get old...yet you stay the course and act upset that others don't.

Pretty [bleep] funny..................
Originally Posted by ldholton

[Linked Image]

we got persimmions bigger than your pot belled ass lol whos laufin now

It's your Imagination,tell yourself that whicha most need to hear.

Just say it aloud..................

[Linked Image]

..........If that`s you in that pic, then all the more reason for someone someday, to really put you out of your misery. Wish it could be me that does it.

Beedy eyes, a pot belly and a go-tee! You look like a shorter haired Charles Manson. Love to have your mug as my target!!!

Cartlidge and bone re-arrangment can be my specialty. I would be very happy to improve your looks there Mr. Big Schit Stick!! No doubt I could greatly improve your appearance.............Laaaaaaaafin!

Regale me with your daring "exploits" of paper cuts,hang nails and running a stapler outta staples.

I'm [bleep] cryin'!....................

[Linked Image]

No thang to relieve the ejector's underside,so as to preclude it's contact with the portside loaded round's body...even when going Ackley Improved.

I don't get giddy about windows,as another hole for schit to get into,is another hole for schit to get into.....................

Neither is it a thang to stop it at the rear of the box (the bolt doesn't stop at the rear of the box)

Windows don't have to go completely through the box to be effective. Split that [bleep] in two and have at it with a Bridgeport (drop an end mill in there .010" deep and leave about 1/4" towards the head and shoulder to keep the cases in line) and then put it back together with some silver solder. Like I said earlier, the beadrolled early model 9re 64's were my prefernece (if you don't have one of those, look at an AR15 mag)

I'm still trying to figure out how you'd get [bleep] through the windows even if they did go completely though the box???
.............Go pull the wood splinters out of azz and from between your ears too.

Oh trust me! You`d be a crying all right!
i did!! liked how it sounded your area [bleep] PITA joke every where you apeir take some peoplr lessons try again AZZHOLE
We've weather here and foliage.

Though everyone thinks they do elsewhere.....................(grin)
.............Go pull the wood splinters out of azz and from between your ears too.

I've no doubt I'd be laughing that hard,at your grave expense.

Seen it often and it ain't new................
Originally Posted by ldholton
i did!! liked how it sounded your area [bleep] PITA joke every where you apeir take some peoplr lessons try again AZZHOLE

Your keyboard is slurring,but that lazy eye ain't doing your aim any favors.................

..........I put my money on the line Stick for a one on one meeting! Seems all you can do is "coward" out. Quite normal for you.

There`s more yellow running down your back than on any two lane highway!
Seems all you can do is "coward" out. Quite normal for you.

That be fact ! Afeared to face off with you, afeared to shoot against Burns. Little SOB's afeared of everything cept runnin' his ugly little pie hole.
Well, I've had enough fun for one week.

Maybe I'll check back next weekend

..........I put my money on the line Stick for a one on one meeting! Seems all you can do is "coward" out. Quite normal for you.

You Secretaries and your Imaginations,crack me the [bleep] up!.....................
Posted By: 40O Re: More Kimber Tales of Woe.... - 02/21/11
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Seems all you can do is "coward" out. Quite normal for you.

That be fact ! Afeared to face off with you, afeared to shoot against Burns. Little SOB's afeared of everything cept runnin' his ugly little pie hole.

�Afeared,� really? As in I�m afearing to turn off the computer and go to bed because I might wake up in the eighteenth century?
I�m starting to afear that you boys are all seating at a table together passing a dubby and a laptop around to make this [bleep] up.
On a serious note, is BS just piled really high or is that just a skinny tree?
'heart has never had a clue and never will,because all she do is ride the pine with pom-poms.

Cheerleaders is handy...................
Truth be known, the old feedramp angle on my 84 is the only thing I DIDN'T have a problem with.

Dan, the 84M feedramp wasn't nearly the issue that it was with the WSM/8400's. The newer, shallower ramp helps the 84M as anyone who has run both in comparison can attest, but it REALLY made a difference in the WSM's.

Back to the Regularly Scheduled Midget Masterbating....
Uphill battle ain't it,to find as clueless of a [bleep] idiot as yourself. Do enjoy the humor requisite,in sucha search.

Though in fairness...my Whizzum's is chucklin' too..................
Brad, Squeeze,

Guys, when you see a post from little twig, this is what you want to see:

*** You are ignoring this user ***

Saves your time and ours as unfed trolls are the best trolls. If you saw him, you would understand why he never takes up a challenge. When he was NOBODY, he posted pictures ...... very entertaining.

He know schiet about Kimbers, he thinks a M54 Winchester dipped in epoxy goop represents the ultimate in the gunmakers' art.

Nobody with a room temp IQ or above pays the slightest attention to his "expertise" as that is a myth.

Refute his BS ....... ONCE and move on.

The best feature of this site ? "Ignore this user" One click and "poof" he is gone.
Cracks me up how them most needing Tutelage,is the most prone to poking their heads in the sand. Hell...mebbe it'll realign that lazy eye for you?!?

Rest assured that everything that glitters,IS golden.

[Linked Image]
Gee wiz Lawrence, yet another user name? How many does it make for you now?

hangunnr
Crossed/lazy eyes,do leave telling sign.

As do drool...................
Kind of sad that a thread gets wasted because adults behave like adolescents.
Never ain't funny though,when them less a clue,pretend they do.

Shooting ain't hard,for them that actually do it...................(grin)

Those are real purdy rifles, although steelhead has you beat when it comes to the gay, rainbow rifles.
They're purtier than that..................
Posted By: 7 STW Re: More Kimber Tales of Woe.... - 02/21/11

It's a good show, no doubt. The best Dan can muster for the season is a pile of bear chit, and that is one of the funniest things I've seen in a long time. For all the tough guy "talk" the guy can pull out of his ass, you'd think he'd be able to do something.

Well if one was hunting bear chit thats a good patch.Close to camp still slimey..Only lacking warmth...grin
Brad, Squeeze,

Guys, when you see a post from little twig, this is what you want to see:

Saves your time and ours as unfed trolls are the best trolls. If you saw him, you would understand why he never takes up a challenge. When he was NOBODY, he posted pictures ...... very entertaining.

He know schiet about Kimbers, he thinks a M54 Winchester dipped in epoxy goop represents the ultimate in the gunmakers' art.

Nobody with a room temp IQ or above pays the slightest attention to his "expertise" as that is a myth.

Refute his BS ....... ONCE and move on.

The best feature of this site ? "Ignore this user" One click and "poof" he is gone.

Doucheous Maximus, don't you have sheep you need to be helping over a fence?
Knocking the schit outta them,ain't a bad approach..............(grin)

[Linked Image]
Nice man.Love seeing sister kickin azz..It's great.
Does she ever crack a grin ?..
She better not...as it's the longest running joke of All Time..................(grin)
Cracks me up how them most needing Tutelage,is the most prone to poking their heads in the sand. Hell...mebbe it'll realign that lazy eye for you?!?

Rest assured that everything that glitters,IS golden.

[Linked Image]
......Absolute YUCK!....Get your rifle stock coloring ideas from a local gangland member up there? Wouldn`t quite be complete until you put those "deadly" skull and crossbones on em. That`ll really add to the decor.

Its amazing how one can allegedly know so much about rifles, while at the same time mess `em up with such ridiculous and peee-uuuuukey colors.
Your insecurities are wellfounded,on all levels.

I'd suggest you to actually shoot for the first time in your life...but dat obviously ain't gonna happen.

Due to that constant,please do keep your Imagination cranked up!................

I'd suggest you to actually shoot for the first time in your life...but dat obviously ain't gonna happen.

Due to that constant,please do keep your Imagination cranked up!................
...........Because of your very limited vocabulary, I notice that with most of your posts and not just including to me, you use the word "imagination" all the time.

You are always fearful to challenge my imagination. You afraid of what my imagination will do to you in person? You damn well should be, you blantant coward. You won`t even take Burns up on his shooting challenge to you either. So you are an obvious coward, even when it comes to a shoot-off too!!!

You`re nothing but an idiotic troll Big Schit-Stick. You post nothing but incoherent posts. You cannot answer a direct question when challenged. You will not accept any challenges of any kind even when good money is on the table. And you are obviously quite the coward when people like me (and I`m not the only one), who jump into your face with a direct challenge to your pathetic posts and insults. I guess you won`t or can`t back up your posts? Why of course! Cowards like yourself don`t want to do that!

Extensive rifle knowledge or not, you are quite the entertaining "clown" that we`ve all come to know!

...........Because of your very limited vocabulary, I notice that with most of your posts and not just including to me, you use the word "imagination" all the time.

You are always fearful to challenge my imagination. You afraid of what my imagination will do to you in person? You damn well should be, you blantant coward. You won`t even take Burns up on his shooting challenge to you either. So you are an obvious coward, even when it comes to a shoot-off too!!!

You`re nothing but an idiotic troll Big Schit-Stick. You post nothing but incoherent posts. You cannot answer a direct question when challenged. You will not accept any challenges of any kind even when good money is on the table. And you are obviously quite the coward when people like me (and I`m not the only one), who jump into your face with a direct challenge to your pathetic posts and insults. I guess you won`t or can`t back up your posts? Why of course! Cowards like yourself don`t want to do that!

Extensive rifle knowledge or not, you are quite the entertaining "clown" that we`ve all come to know!

You are always TRYING to act like you've a [bleep] clue,but can't get even remotely close. That due solely to your sheer and utter lack of experience upon said matters and a seemingly uncontrollable urge,to refrain commenting upon same and proving your dumbphucktitude ad nauseum.

Case in point,tell me about your Kimber(s) again?!?

Keep your Imagination well fueled Toots...it's all you've got.

You see how nice it is ? All that appears is:

If we all did that, he might just vanish !

Hilarious part is,you are lying through your drooling mouth and your crossed-eyes both.

Pretend you've a clue,by cranking that Imagination back up!......................

Guy just can't get enough of you.
Bless her heart.....................(grin)
Posted By: WTM45 Re: More Kimber Tales of Woe.... - 02/21/11
He must REALLY get frisky when the sprinklies fall off the donuts.
What cracks me up,is when she keeps bumping that electric cart of hers up against plate glass windows...while trying to lick same.

Bless her heart......................
Shooter's never done a damn thing worth talking about.
Posted By: WTM45 Re: More Kimber Tales of Woe.... - 02/21/11
He spends his early morning hours hoping they butter his toast before blending his breakfast. That is where his imagination begins each new day.
Everyone has the answer to Big Stick but none take their own advice. I think they secretly love to chat with Big Stick. I think one that would start a Big Stick addiction clinic on here could become wealthy enough to blow cash on all the GB's they want.
She bitched slapped Bigsqueeze and smeared her Mascara in the process and "educated" Brad about rifles too.

Then taught Jeff-O Ballistics 101.

I'm cryin'!.....................
It's fuggin' hilarious.

I like Larry. I don't believe it's anything personal with him, just a good time at our expense.

It is funny to watch some bite the same hook over and over.
Some guys just can't get enough Stick....
Now that oldmantrannydouche has circumvented his Administrative imposed limit of one post per day by creating a couple new nom de plume's, we'll be blessed with his nonsensical, yet humorous rants. Should prove to be a comedic riot.
I am still waiting for a response from the professor Jim62
I suspect she is on google doing her homework.
Pretty funny that he's all hyped up on the ignore feature. Wish he'd get as hyped up about bathing with a toaster... eek
Still think she oughtta give thought,to placing that motor in the back of her head...so as to straighten out that [bleep] eye...............
His toaster is put aside on lay-a-way no doubt.
Jim ain't a bad guy, he's helped me a time or two and knows more about the older weaver scopes than anyone I've ever met.
I'm speaking of Oldman-bosslady-45-70 shooter.
Still think she oughtta give thought,to placing that motor in the back of her head...so as to straighten out that [bleep] eye...............

That one blinker thinks it's on a prey animal. Some kind of missing link?
Bleach in the gene pool. While the thought was constructive,someone botched the volume and the rest is history.

Bless her heart...................
Posted By: KDK Re: More Kimber Tales of Woe.... - 02/21/11

[Linked Image]

'stick, I mostly like your rifles, but...

GAKK!!!
Cheer up...THE Derby Winner is still dryin'..................
i can't wait!
Posted By: KDK Re: More Kimber Tales of Woe.... - 02/22/11
Something worse that Goldfinger's Montucky? I can't wait.
Funny, was wondering if anyone else was thinking Goldfinger..

Dober
I can handle the gold, it's the Arctic Cat green that has me bug-eyed.
Originally Posted by cliff444
I can handle the gold, it's the Arctic Cat green that has me bug-eyed.

one of my daughters would lay claim to the green one and happily use it.....
Not quite AC green to me, I was thinking mo like Ghostbusters..grin

Dober
Rejoice...bitches!...............

[Linked Image]
Hmm...fruit stripe maybe, beats the heckola out of me. 4 some reason or anutha not sure if we'll see this one in Melvins color schemes though.. wink

Dober
Originally Posted by Mark R Dobrenski
Hmm...fruit stripe maybe, beats the heckola out of me.

Dober, I'm thinking Silver Shrooms....grin
Posted By: Huntr Re: More Kimber Tales of Woe.... - 02/22/11
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Hmm...fruit stripe maybe, beats the heckola out of me.

Dober, I'm thinking Silver Shrooms....grin

Laffin!
Missed you @ Logan today, 26* and beautiful! 155 Sce's/69/R17 in the short fast 30 shootin into bug holes. Ready 4 snow gophs...grin

Dober
Stick, you need to check your blood sugar levels or something,

Somethings off just a weeee bit buddy...
That bastard is right the [bleep] on the money.

Still can't find my blue tape though...............(grin)
You should have used the tape to tape off parts of the rifle before paint

Like, ALL PARTS.......
It has "Booner" written all over it....................
Circus camo. Anybody got a clown suit to go with that.
Posted By: ingwe Re: More Kimber Tales of Woe.... - 02/22/11

[Linked Image]

Doooood!...and I was trying NOT to drink while I was on the 'fire... shocked

Now thats down the krapper...

But again...I AM impressed with how you got the sun to shine in SE....
Missed you @ Logan today, 26* and beautiful! 155 Sce's/69/R17 in the short fast 30 shootin into bug holes. Ready 4 snow gophs...grin

Dober

69 grains for the little zingers, how fast?

Wish I was out there shooting with you, I miss Logan this time of year!
Posted By: WTM45 Re: More Kimber Tales of Woe.... - 02/22/11
Lifesavers!
You gotta quit [bleep]' them guns up man.

Laffin.
well, at least he's doin it to Kimbers, and not A-borts..... whistle
I still need those undies from you to smother that 5 acres of pasture grass...

Cut 'em in half if you don't mind, that way I wont have to fold them over.

grin

Posted By: SLM Re: More Kimber Tales of Woe.... - 02/22/11
Originally Posted by ingwe

[Linked Image]

Doooood!...and I was trying NOT to drink while I was on the 'fire... shocked

Now thats down the krapper...

But again...I AM impressed with how you got the sun to shine in SE....

Maybe BS. should try NOT drinking while picking paint schemes. LOL He does have fun.
Your jealousy is wellfounded. Exceptional Beasties will be fighting to line up in front of 'em.

Or your money back!...................

[Linked Image]

I would deem thee "Lava Lamp".

Travis
Big Momma said at first sight:..."That's Rick James...bitch".

Laffin'...................
Originally Posted by deflave

[Linked Image]

Travis

THAT speaks of a misspent youth.....
Originally Posted by deflave

[Linked Image]

Travis

THAT speaks of a misspent youth.....

ill just keep my trap shut then......
Originally Posted by rattler

ill just keep my trap shut then......

I think its too late for that.... whistle
laugh

[Linked Image]

The subtle touch-or perhaps the caress of the two components- of trigger matching the rear sling stud speaks of artistic genius.

I'm sure it will only be a short time until Echols and other masters acknowledge such and copy.
Oh, my God!..Don't encourage him! shocked
Oh, my God!..Don't encourage him! shocked

Well my first thought was:

Congratulations?

Then the special qualities of the project became evident and if I couldn't say something original, I decided to make something up. grin

Bears ain't too far away...............
Photoshop gone wrong?
Reality gone right...as per always.............
Looks like Clown Camo to me...now that I got my sunglasses on. smile
BS might be on to something. Bears will never associate that thing with a gun until it's too late. grin
Been punchin' bores with Tuna Oil for many moons too.................(grin)
Posted By: tzone Re: More Kimber Tales of Woe.... - 02/22/11
You should have used the tape to tape off parts of the rifle before paint

Like, ALL PARTS.......

grin
Posted By: CRS Re: More Kimber Tales of Woe.... - 02/22/11
Bad 70's graffiti is what came to mind after seeing it.

Or one of those clown pattern minnowbaits that I use for night fishing walleyes in the tailrace.

No matter what you it reminds you of....it's ugly.
I prefer the fl green better myself.

More importantly, what are the calibers? I have a can a spray paint, figure I could make either of them a little more palatable. Might as well get a cartridge/caliber I like, then fix the aesthetics.

If I lived in Alaska, I would probably want some colorful rifles also. The lack of real daylight would suck. I imagine this is the time of year when people start going a little cabin feverish.
Funny part is,Imagination is all you've got.

Quite a "gift" too..................(grin)
Posted By: CRS Re: More Kimber Tales of Woe.... - 02/22/11
You were going for over the top ugly and to get everyone's hackles raised. Mission accomplished
As for me, I could care less what color you paint your rifles. All good entertainment IMO.

What are the calibers? That is where the inner beauty lies.
(smilin)

I was going for subtle elegance,though feel things are perhaps a mite too subdued...but I'm not afeared to try again.

7Whizzum
7Whizzum
223AI...............

Posted By: 40O Re: More Kimber Tales of Woe.... - 02/22/11
At last, the mystery of what Kimber does with rifle returns that don�t shoot! They send them off for a paint job.
Originally Posted by battue

[Linked Image]

The subtle touch-or perhaps the caress of the two components- of trigger matching the rear sling stud speaks of artistic genius.

I'm sure it will only be a short time until Echols and other masters acknowledge such and copy.
................Damn rifle looks like a freeeking popsickle!!!...........Another butt-ugly abortion from the all knowing and all seeing purveyor of cartridge, rifle and optic pundantry,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,thee Mr Big Stick!
That rifle is totally Rick James.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: SLM Re: More Kimber Tales of Woe.... - 02/22/11
Bears ain't too far away...............

Using that bright bastid will be like spotlighting.
Posted By: WTM45 Re: More Kimber Tales of Woe.... - 02/22/11
Sister will pound some animals into the dirt that most here only dream of...

Originally Posted by battue

[Linked Image]

................Damn rifle looks like a freeeking popsickle!!!...........Another butt-ugly abortion from the all knowing and all seeing purveyor of cartridge, rifle and optic pundantry,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,thee Mr Big Stick!

Thanks for bringing your "keen insight" and incredible "experience" to this Thread.

To quantify...now is a great time for you to regale the masses,with what a dick tastes like......................
Originally Posted by WTM45
Sister will pound some animals into the dirt that most here only dream of...

A given..................(grin)
What color tape on the muzzle do you think will best compliment the Clown Camo? I'd steer away from blue because it scares deer.
Blue is the only option,in the name of giving Critters even the slightest of a chance................

[Linked Image]

'Introducing the Eugene, Oregon "Rainbow Family Edition" rifle. A rifle that speaks to inclusivness, tolerance, and the diversity of human experience without the traditional boundries of paternalistic hypocrisy.

Each rifle comes complete with a framable certificate of uniqueness, just like YOU, the owner!

It is also the ONLY rifle to meet the all-important political correctness standards of the Large Women in Comfortable Shoes contingent, to be seen daily protesting some damn thing or another in Eugene.

Order now! Limited numbers!"

COOL!

Where's the pirate sticker? grin

[Linked Image]

'Introducing the Eugene, Oregon "Rainbow Family Edition" rifle. A rifle that speaks to inclusivness, tolerance, and the diversity of human experience without the traditional boundries of paternalistic hypocrisy.

Each rifle comes complete with a framable certificate of uniqueness, just like YOU, the owner!

It is also the ONLY rifle to meet the all-important political correctness standards of the Large Women in Comfortable Shoes contingent, to be seen daily protesting some damn thing or another in Eugene.

I'd wager a 14yr old girl will kill more Big Critters with that rifle this year,than you have with everything combined in your life.

Just sayin'..................
Me? Maybe. I don't know how much killin' she can do up there in a year.

I've killed over 20 deer and two elk. So there you go. If she can kill more than that in a year, more power to her!

Did calling it the Rainbow Diversity Rifle hurt your feelers or something <grin>?
I said "Big Critters". May as well use B&C as a fair scale...beings there ain't no fluff in it's standards.

Any "Big" one's in the tally cited?......................(grin)
Lol... well, you got me there... I'm hell on forkhorns <grin>.

Did get a nice blacktail buck last year. Let me dig up the picture.
This guy fell to the Mighty Mighty .358 Model 7 (all hail!) at about 40 yards. My only "big" deer, though I've killed 4-5 3x3's as well.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Jeebus, I am one goofy looking [bleep]! blush

The shame of seeing myself, has me thinking I better log off and go do something productive.

[Linked Image]

I'd wager a 14yr old girl will kill more Big Critters with that rifle this year,than you have with everything combined in your life.

Just sayin'..................
If she's plannin' on ugly'n 'em to death that sure aughtta do the trick.
Jeebus, I am one goofy looking [bleep]! blush

The shame of seeing myself, has me thinking I better log off and go do something productive.

I said "B&C" not Buckmasters.................
I've faith in the system..............
That rifle is destined for a gay pride parade. Stick is closing in on steelheads collection of same.
Am delighted that my daughter's rifle,allowed you the courage to exit the closet.................
The power of the system,is not to be slighted...if only obviously..................(grin)
Very nice buck...
You are the one that called it the Eugene, Oregon "Rainbow Family Edition"...
Bless your little crossed eyes and retarded brain.

Might I suggest a reread Vagenius,if only in the honor of your newfound liberation?...................
How many names is Frammy up to now ?
One.

"STUPID"................
What bullet is your daughter going to use in her 7WSM this year Stick?
CoreLokt..................(grin)
Stick got that "popsickle" rifle decor idea from one of his [bleep] baggy friends.

He (your partner) must have gotton your hemmoroids to stretch purty darn good to convince you to paint a rifle lookin like a popsickle.

Stick got popsickled,,,,,more ways than one!!!.....
I'm gonna paint my Montana stock while the action is off at the shop.

With the bar set so high, it's a bit skeery, but persevere I shall.
Stick got that "popsickle" rifle decor idea from one of his [bleep] baggy friends.

He (your partner) must have gotton your hemmoroids to stretch purty darn good to convince you to paint a rifle lookin like a popsickle.

Admire your ease in talking about your homosexual tendencies,as opposed to rifle particulars,geared to your copious firsthand experience in the former and none in the latter. Your conviction to stay with whatcha' know best,is to be commended. Not every Peter Puffer has your resolve.

The power of this system is beyond refute...though very trying on closet doors.

Congratulations?...........
CoreLokt..................(grin)

Excellent choice!

I hear by those in the know that they're simply the bomb on those old swamp dwelling bucks. wink

One in the ass,is better than two in the grass!.....................
One in the ass,is better than two in the grass!.....................
..........You should know!!!

Admire your ease in talking about your homosexual tendencies,as opposed to rifle particulars,geared to your copious firsthand experience in the former and none in the latter. Your conviction to stay with whatcha' know best,is to be commended. Not every Peter Puffer has your resolve.

The power of this system is beyond refute...though very trying on closet doors.

Congratulations?...........
...U missin me?
Didn't mean to horn you up,yet again.

Though it'd be tough to slight your taste in men...................
Didn't mean to horn you up,yet again.

Though it'd be tough to slight your taste in men...................
..........You have that affect on me!
Hardly secreted.

Why else would you enter a Thread in regards to a rifle you've never seen,let alone shot or own? Then use your little ladyfingers to open the Homo door on the closet and prance out,in utter liberation?

Peg Boy................
Hardly secreted.

Why else would you enter a Thread in regards to a rifle you've never seen,let alone shot or own? Then use your little ladyfingers to open the Homo door on the closet and prance out,in utter liberation?

Peg Boy................
................Lest you forget there bonehead. You are the one who posted those rifle pics showing your wonderful paint jobs.............You DUMMY!

And you always bitch, moan, groan, and call rifles POS that you`ve never seen nor shot. A daily occurance.

Hypocrite.............
Hardly secreted.

Peg Boy................
................Lest you forget there bonehead. You are the one who posted those rifle pics showing your wonderful paint jobs.............You DUMMY!

And you always bitch, moan, groan, and call rifles POS that you`ve never seen nor shot. A daily occurance.

Hypocrite.............

This will be GREAT! What rifle haven't I shot now,in accords to your "amazing" "perception"?

As an aside there Vagenius,"occurance" ain't an occurence..............
You are correct and I will man up, you did not say it was a Eugene, Oregon Rainbow Family Edition.

Stump Dodger
Hardly secreted.

Peg Boy................

Hypocrite.............

This will be GREAT! What rifle haven't I shot now,in accords to your "amazing" "perception"?

...........You`ve been check-mated Stick. You obviously cannot comprehend anything.

No, I have never fired your paint job abortions. My comments were related ONLY to the paint jobs, WHICH YOU yourself posted pics of. My comments had nothing to do with the rifles,,,,,,,,.you mindless idiot!
Originally Posted by StumpDodger
You are correct and I will man up, you did not say it was a Eugene, Oregon Rainbow Family Edition.

Stump Dodger

I never ain't not correct.................
Hardly secreted.

Peg Boy................

Hypocrite.............

...........You`ve been check-mated Stick. You obviously cannot comprehend anything.

No, I have never fired your paint job abortions. My comments were related ONLY to the paint jobs, WHICH YOU yourself posted pics of. My comments had nothing to do with the rifles,,,,,,,,.you mindless idiot!

I asked you prior about your Kimbers.

Revisit that one for me please,I can't recall any...and that'd be yet another point you've missed.

Laffin'!................

Stump Dodger

Come on now skippy, repeat after me... I will keep telling myself this until somebody, anybody, believes me. Now quit playin' with your little wee wee, get your thumb out of your mouth and get busy !

Stump Dodger

Dunno if I would go that far there BS, I would leave a little wiggle room for the future. Not ready to provide slack to the choker cable.
Originally Posted by Blackheart

Stump Dodger

Come on now skippy, repeat after me... I will keep telling myself this until somebody, anybody, believes me. Now quit playin' with your little wee wee, get your thumb out of your mouth and get busy !

You've 33,110 pitches. Getcha one.................

Stump Dodger

Dunno if I would go that far there BS, I would leave a little wiggle room for the future. Not ready to provide slack to the choker cable.

Setting pukes really ain't my game,though I'd say I was better than most,anyhow.

Were I forced to sandbag......................(grin)
Posted By: 7 STW Re: More Kimber Tales of Woe.... - 02/23/11
The one who holds the bell controls the cable.
I'd not touch a bell,unless I was wearing the Bug...................
Lost a front tooth pulling that bastid outta a pile.Glad I just haul now..
I always like crowdin' the Riggin' and grabbing turns hot...'course that's why I was wearing the Bug too...............(grin)
Posted By: 10at6 Re: More Kimber Tales of Woe.... - 02/23/11
I always like crowdin' the Riggin' and grabbing turns hot...'course that's why I was wearing the Rug too...............(grin)

You need to get that Rug back on Stickster and also perhaps consider an AI version for photo ops? If only to keep the rest of us out of the ward.

Grin
Happiness is Squaw Humpin' a one log load to the landing,in a bridle...............(grin)
I always like crowdin' the Riggin' and grabbing turns hot...'course that's why I was wearing the Bug too...............(grin)

Glad to be outta that racket..
But this economy, plus no ones moving wood and being low man in the line up I'm on spring break 3 weeks earlier.
Fair amount of work going on here and the mild Winter kept the boys busy................
Good to hear cutting is going good up there..Our winter was everywhere up and down.Cold one week mud the next.

One of the bread and butter Canfor mills shut down in Jan throwning a curve in everything.Too bad stumpage is bearable at the moment.
No such thing as "Mud Season" or "Breakup" here.

Work,work,work...roughly in that order................
The way to be.Lots of clay in this country.Bungs up a loaded Star pretty good.
Rock abounds here...................

Posted By: CRS Re: More Kimber Tales of Woe.... - 02/23/11
I was going for subtle elegance,though feel things are perhaps a mite too subdued...but I'm not afeared to try again.

7Whizzum
7Whizzum
223AI...............

Missed the boat on subtle, better try again.

No inner beauty there, just a couple of obscure cartridges. Maybe slightly interesting.
Junior high was decades ago. Why do so many threads these days seem to resolve to help us relive those times. There is little to recommend the pubescent "manliness" and consequent comradery which accompanies those times. Why bring it here?
Originally Posted by CRS

7Whizzum
7Whizzum
223AI...............

Missed the boat on subtle, better try again.

No inner beauty there, just a couple of obscure cartridges. Maybe slightly interesting.

Results ain't never not interesting.

Points for "obscure"...that was funnier than schit!...............
Originally Posted by Klikitarik
Junior high was decades ago. Why do so many threads these days seem to resolve to help us relive those times. There is little to recommend the pubescent "manliness" and consequent comradery which accompanies those times. Why bring it here?

Some folks actually shoot now and did then.

Fell free to Start a "Hey I Don't Do A [bleep] Thing/Never Have" Thread...undoubtedly there SHOULD be lotsa takers and you gals can mull how everything works just GREAT,given your special "needs".

Lotsa key players to fill the bill,in this Thread alone............

[Linked Image]

That is just screaming for a silver leupy...
Blasphemy!

The gall,to infer spoiling the dynamic interactions of subdued matte black glass,to a camo scheme...by incorporation of gaudy accoutrement in exchange....................
Blasphemy!

The gall,to infer spoiling the dynamic interactions of subdued matte black glass,to a camo scheme...by incorporation of gaudy accoutrement in exchange....................

Laffin...my mistake...was thinkin gaudy was the purpose
STEALTH Is the purpose...I'll not suffer gaudy wares..................
grin grin grin

...sometimes the laugh is worth wading through the rest...
STEALTH Is the purpose...I'll not suffer gaudy wares..................

If stealth is what your after...all it's missing is a Mercedes Benz hood ornament...
Sir,

Had I not CLEARLY inferred,that there was a rifle hidden somewhere in that picture,you would NOT have been able to detect it..................
That is just screaming for a silver leupy...

That's it, perfect. I knew something was missing. You can add the clown strips to the scope too. Make it a complete package.

You gotta do it! But I ain't begging.
Think I'll add 21"+ of skull next..................
Can't hurt.

Krusty the Clown sort of schtick.
Ain't hurt yet.................(grin)

[Linked Image]
Now if someone could photoshop the popsicle rifle into that pic, we'd have something until the fling.
That's King Tut.................

[Linked Image]

Some folks actually shoot now and did then.

Fell free to Start a "Hey I Don't Do A [bleep] Thing/Never Have" Thread...undoubtedly there SHOULD be lotsa takers and you gals can mull how everything works just GREAT,given your special "needs".

Lotsa key players to fill the bill,in this Thread alone............

Founding the

Couterie of Do-Nothing Gals.

Required for rite of passage:

Discrepancy in derogatory online titling and real-world-achievement status of initiate.

crazy

Them that bitch the most,do the least.

Never ain't not funny to boot..............

Had I not CLEARLY inferred,that there was a rifle hidden somewhere in that picture,you would NOT have been able to detect it..................

I'd want that, if I ever get permission to hide-out for marmots marauding in a combination lemon grove/'mater patch, with some aluminum foil deer chasers dangling on strings? Or mebbe not? ;O)

As for Kimber rifles, we've given out a fair number at Friends of the NRA banquets over the years, on assorted raffles and such.

When I was un-packing a M84 one year prior to the festivities, another comm. member got to drooling at it and asked if I'd bought any tickets for that particular "contest". Said, nope.

They're kinda purty, but never interested me all that much, especially price-wise and the few folks I've known who owned one, weren't much more smitten than I, after the purchase.
Them posting most, rile most.......

Equally close correlation?

Funny, too.
I know lotsa guys with High Zoot Customs,that are parking them and running Montuckies turnkey instead.

Just sayin'..................(grin)
Originally Posted by cmg
Them posting most, rile most.......

Equally close correlation?

Funny, too.

Whiners will always find reason to whine and puzzies will never not be puzzies.

Them that Do-nothin',are typically always incensed about sumptin'.

Thankfully!.....................(grin)
How do you know there is an aviator in the room?

He will tell you.

Food for thought?
Tell me about your Kimber.

Laffin'!................
Everybody know Kimber makes [bleep] rifles and 1911's.
22's too,[bleep]............
Almost forgot those.........they're the worst
Have none. Never had.

Couterie of Do-Nothing Gals, Charter member here.

smile

Ain't it quaint?!!?

Now show of hands,as to who's suplized?!!?

Laffin'!......................
suplized = surprised ?

Yes?

Sorry having to ask - sparring in second language here.

As to the Kimber - held one once. Was nice - bought my boy a growing up supply of diapers ifor the money...

Sparring?!?

You just are so good at whining,you lose track of what it was you were whining about and can't turn the whine off.

You go girl!..................
Originally Posted by cmg
How do you know there is an aviator in the room?

He will tell you.

Food for thought?

laugh
I will contend myself now having seized this Feb. 23rd. Wishing this crowd a good night and the best in battles for the day.

Damn near was gonna start selling early serial number Montucky Whizzum's...give or take.

Damn near was gonna start selling early serial number Montucky Whizzum's...give or take.

I am feelin generous...will take no more than 2 off your hands...won't even charge ya...
Posted By: anh Re: More Kimber Tales of Woe.... - 02/24/11
I know lotsa guys with High Zoot Customs,that are parking them and running Montuckies turnkey instead.

Add me to the list. An 84M is THE pinnacle of hunting rifle development.
Squeezy is still trying to figure out how to make his Rugers work/shoot/stop scratching his brass. Took her a month to figured out the trigger was [bleep]. I have faith in her. She found the dremel and file. Don't crowd her wee fragile brain with too much good information at once. She gets all flustered and makes an ass out of herself...quite easily I must say. Flinch
She tries...but she's a victim of bother her "IQ" and "experience"...which ain't none too purty.

Though on the brightside,she do whine exceptionally and with heartfelt conviction...................
22's too,[bleep]............

I got a Kimber made Winchester. Model 320....she sandbags <grin>
May I suggest paint,so as to keep the Old Gal under the radar?................(grin)
Hot purple, a touch of white, a dash of yellow?
Them tough decisions,are squarely upon your shoulders...but I like the way you think....................
They made fun of my paint too, bastards.....

[Linked Image]
Well...you DID paint it upside down..............(grin)
They hang better that way wink
Particulars...........
Originally Posted by heavywalker
They made fun of my paint too, bastards.....

[Linked Image]

Anybody else have a sudden urge for a "Margarita with salt"?

Cant explain it......

[Linked Image]

I wonder if with enough blaze orange on the gun, you can avoid wearing orange clothes, in them states that want xx square inches of blaze orange...

grin

Laffin'!................

The point, for those who don't get it, is that this thread, as with many others, could have been one where folks could have learned something (without the obvious need to wear boots). I don't think too many question your apparent knowledge or obvious wit. The constant preening is a distraction, while "the naked giant in the room full of mirrors effect" can be virtually impossible to avoid - in so many threads. It's the latter detail that makes moot the the point of having an "ignore" feature. It's a whole lot simpler to spend waste less time sifting through threads here.
I'm at ease in cutting to the chase and getting to the crux and am the last to muse even in passing...that any of this schit is "hard".

There are some amazingly [bleep] stupid idiots here,who think they've a clue,that muddy the waters a smidge. I'm happy to filter same,if only in fairness.

As a Consumer,I dig my intel without fluff and try to extend the courtesy to others.............
I'm at ease in cutting to the chase and getting to the crux and am the last to muse even in passing...that any of this schit is "hard".

There are some amazingly [bleep] stupid idiots here,who think they've a clue,that muddy the waters a smidge. I'm happy to filter same,if only in fairness.

As a Consumer,I dig my intel without fluff and try to extend the courtesy to others.............

So case in point - why hide the measures of intel in trainloads of glee, rile, ridicule, selfindulgence?

Practice what you preach -

Facts and thank you for it.

That right there is funny.....
Originally Posted by cmg

So case in point - why hide the measures of intel in trainloads of glee, rile, ridicule, selfindulgence?

Practice what you preach -

Facts and thank you for it.

If you think you can find a better source of intel,simply use it.

I happen to have several Kimbers curiously enough...thus my ease in conversing in the firsthand,about same. You'll note that correlation,with more than a few goods and practices.

I'll never not dig the lippy whiners trying to enter the conversation,in order to regale me with how they've hurt feelers. Only gets better when asked about the Topic germane,they quantify that they have zero experience with said goods or pretend that they do. Comics can't even make schit like that up!

Pardon my inability,to condone the train of thought,that'd make easy schit hard. Stupid [bleep],doing stupid schit,will never not be funny and only you,can prevent you from saying sumptin' stupid.

Look before you leap and if you are goin' to talk out your ass...it prolly ain't gonna be purty.

Hint.........

Originally Posted by CRS

That right there is funny.....

Sweetheart,rest assured...it don't get any funnier,than you thinking you've a [bleep] clue.

Much looking forward to you yet again,eagerly proving same.

Laffin'!................

The point, for those who don't get it, is that this thread, as with many others, could have been one where folks could have learned something (without the obvious need to wear boots). I don't think too many question your apparent knowledge or obvious wit. The constant preening is a distraction, while "the naked giant in the room full of mirrors effect" can be virtually impossible to avoid - in so many threads. It's the latter detail that makes moot the the point of having an "ignore" feature. It's a whole lot simpler to spend waste less time sifting through threads here.

Waste of time Klik, there is no reasoning with a window-licker.
Squat to pee,

Tell me about your Kimber(s).

Laffin'!.....................
It seems a lot on here don't like stick. I can take him or leave him but he does point out a lot of people on here giving advice when they don't have much experience with the subject. Sometimes hard to read but its in there. miles
Admittedly,I do cast beautifully...................
I generally open a thread when I see your name just to see the pizzen and moanin. Lot of times I ain't even interested in the subject. grin miles
Tend to open them myself,for like reason.

I keep lotsa slackened rope handy,for them that think they's the best candidates to "effectively" use it up. Then they get so flustered with the realization of the depths of their stupidity,that they lose it and then it generally gets good.

Then they act like I'm a dick,because I made them say the stupid [bleep] schit they did.

I still remember when folks actually shot.....................(grin)
You are damn near as good as G.W. Bush for getting blamed for everything. miles
I've the shoulders and say "bring it"......................
About done there, now? Getting corny.
Feel free to cite to any "inaccuracies" you think are present and I'll happily use smaller words,just for you.....................
Squat to pee,

I currently own a POS Montana in 7mm/08, it's a solid 3 moa shooter, probably about like you.

Laffin'!................

Plus one, Klik.

For what it's worth I'll take one Klik post over ten Stick posts all day long.

Originally Posted by Take_a_knee
Squat to pee,

I currently own a POS Montana in 7mm/08, it's a solid 3 moa shooter, probably about like you.

Squat to pee,

Your Imagination is taking you places again.

Keep it up,as it's hilarious!................

Laffin'!................

Plus one, Klik.

I very seriously doubt that,despite granting fully,just how [bleep] stupid you really are..................
As fate would have it, I'm about to test Kimber's Customer Service.

My barreled action is off getting retubed, and following the rule that "idle hands do the Devil's work", I was thinking I'd paint the stock of my Montana while I wait.

SO last night I'm watching Restrepo (awesome) and masking off the parts I don't want painted with blue tape. The trigger guard is held on with a single Torx screw that holds it loosely (on mine) to the stock, just holding it in place on the stock it appears until the action screw is put in.
Long story short, when I went to run the screw back into the trigger guard assy for safekeeping, I discovered that the factory had crossthreaded it. So, it's screwed as far as putting it back together again.

There's a couple obvious redneck fixes but first I'm going to give Kimber the chance to just replace the part THEY screwed up. Any bets on whether they blame me or just send out the part? smile

Calling them right now...

My barreled action is off getting retubed, and following the rule that "idle hands do the Devil's work", I was thinking I'd paint the stock of my Montana while I wait.

SO last night I'm watching Restrepo (awesome) and masking off the parts I don't want painted with blue tape. The trigger guard is held on with a single Torx screw that holds it loosely (on mine) to the stock, just holding it in place on the stock it appears until the action screw is put in.
Long story short, when I went to run the screw back into the trigger guard assy for safekeeping, I discovered that the factory had crossthreaded it. So, it's screwed as far as putting it back together again.

There's a couple obvious redneck fixes but first I'm going to give Kimber the chance to just replace the part THEY screwed up. Any bets on whether they blame me or just send out the part? smile

Crossed threads and blue tape.

EPIC!.................

Laffin'!................

Plus one, Klik.

I very seriously doubt that,despite granting fully,just how [bleep] stupid you really are..................

You should aspire to be more like Klik...

Hint....
I can't forget everything I've done and everything I've done it with.

Crossed threads and blue tape.

EPIC!.................

Yeppers. The humor is not lost on me. But the blue masking tape is the good stuff.

Crossed thread from the Kimber factory, also yeppers. This part has not been off the rifle since I recieved it NIB as a special order.

.... and we can't forget it either because every... single... mother...loving...post... you make is all about you you you and how great you are, and what an idiot everyone else is.

Really, Stick, it's not pretty. And you know I'm not a guy who follows you around and heckles. I'm on your side here <g>. As are many others. But you make it awfully hard to even respect you because you are trying too freakin' hard. It's the "lady doth protest to much" syndrome. Back off a bit.

Hint.....
Well... I hit the brick wall at Kimber CS... "Jamie" wasn't listeningto what I was saying, at one point telling me to "send the pistol back". Followed by, "send the rifle in so we can do a full evaluation"...... not doing that, that's ridiculous. It's the bottom metal of the stock that is screwed up, the rifle is fine and for that matter, it's at Pac-Nor <grin>.

Finally got through to him and apparantly the way forward is that they want the part back for inspection. That's not unreasonable.

We'll see... gonna chap my ass if they try to blame me but we'll see...

.... and we can't forget it either because every... single... mother...loving...post... you make is all about you you you and how great you are, and what an idiot everyone else is.

Really, Stick, it's not pretty. And you know I'm not a guy who follows you around and heckles. I'm on your side here <g>. As are many others. But you make it awfully hard to even respect you because you are trying too freakin' hard. It's the "lady doth protest to much" syndrome. Back off a bit.

Hint.....

Only YOU,can prevent YOU...from saying something stupid. Though in fairness,I hope that you stay the constant and are unable to refrain that most simplistic of tasks.

How hard is it to laugh at a perpetual dumbphuck that guess wildly,talks out her ass about things she's never seen or done and THEN wishes to be taken seriously about tape coloration and it's affects on Harvesting Game?!!?

You are the longest running [bleep] Comedy on the 'net and that it's on accident,only strengthens your standing.

You go girl!.................
Naw, just take the groupies backstage...
In the interest of accuracy,I don't make inaccuracies.

That humps Window Lickers right the [bleep] up too and in fairnes...might could sweeten the pot.

Laffin'!................
A Cockalorum singing out the truth sours it, though...
I can only getcha to water...but perhaps I'm hopin' you don't drink,because it cracks me the [bleep] up......................(grin)

Hint.....

Only YOU,can prevent YOU...from saying something stupid. Though in fairness,I hope that you stay the constant and are unable to refrain that most simplistic of tasks.

How hard is it to laugh at a perpetual dumbphuck that guess wildly,talks out her ass about things she's never seen or done and THEN wishes to be taken seriously about tape coloration and it's affects on Harvesting Game?!!?

You are the longest running [bleep] Comedy on the 'net and that it's on accident,only strengthens your standing.

You go girl!.................

I work very close to deer, and they aren't behind every tree like they are for you, Mr. Six Tags at a 65% success rate. Damn right I'll put a different color on the tip of my barrel, given the option, than the color deer see best. That's just common sense.

You're living on third base, but you yap like you hit a triple.....

Congratulations?.......
"Common sense" ain't something you own...just like everything else you like to talk about.

Your Imagination is taking you places...again.

Laffin'!................

Kimber Montana 7mm-08
Talley Leightweights
Leupold FX III 6x42 M1 Ele (cause ele is physics; wind is voodoo...)
AMaxes IIRC seated KTL for shooting
TSX for hunting.

Notes taken - wondering; though - .243 Win NULA 20 Talley LW Leupold 6x36s...

since diaper need buying these days -

98, 6mm Rem, STD Bases, Redfield 3-9x40 ARR, 85gr. TSX for now...

meanwhile, don�t hurt yourself, please, not on my behalf.
No need to fret the thickness of my bark,but you should give consideration to your Estrogen levels.

Peddle the schit and live a leetle.....................

Will do - in good time. Meanwhile, life to me is not defined by "things" nice to have...

Estrogen? Surely you jest...
Shirley,I ain't jestin'.

Schit floats................
Well... I hit the brick wall at Kimber CS... "Jamie" wasn't listeningto what I was saying, at one point telling me to "send the pistol back". Followed by, "send the rifle in so we can do a full evaluation"...... not doing that, that's ridiculous. It's the bottom metal of the stock that is screwed up, the rifle is fine and for that matter, it's at Pac-Nor <grin>.

Finally got through to him and apparantly the way forward is that they want the part back for inspection. That's not unreasonable.

JO,

Just tell them you need a new screw. I got a new mag spring for my 7WSM and just had to pay for shipping. Of course, I had them ship a Montana stock that I bought while on the phone also...
Originally Posted by Take_a_knee
Squat to pee,

I've got 2 boys and only one Faux 7-08 Montana. How much you want for your POS?
Marianne, mind your manners - you forgot to flush...

Time to feed the hounds.
Feel free to chime in,ANY time you think you've wares that rate conversation or thunks granted towards same.

I'll be waiting.

Not the Two Hearted Ale. Good stuff.......
Originally Posted by Kimber7man

JO,

Just tell them you need a new screw. I got a new mag spring for my 7WSM and just had to pay for shipping. Of course, I had them ship a Montana stock that I bought while on the phone also...

The screw is fine; it mangled the hole in the "bottom metal" unfortunatly. It's got essentially no threads for the 3/16ths or so and that's all the deeper the screw goes...

I can think of a couple redneck fixes but I'd rather just have a new part that wasn't messed up from the factory.

We'll see! smile
Admittedly,I do cast beautifully...................

Doesn't take a Joan Wulff to be continuously hooked up in a crick steppin stone full of suckers.
If there was only one,I'd have a hook in it on the first pitch.

But dis is too easy......................(grin)
Well let's cut to the chase.. IN 1 WORD OR LESS, are the newer montanas any good? wink

BP...
Show me a new Montana 7 Whizzum.

That's Bean Counters for ya' and their "improvements".................

Is that a WSM?

BP...
Never seen a Whizzum that weren't...................

It was stupid to drop the 7wsm but if indeed it was the beancounters it was to save money.

As opposed to implementing a change in the machining of the rifle, which costs money, straight up, and opens the door wide for earlier users of your product to demand redress of their now-openly-acknowledged earlier substandard product.

Beancounters may have killed the 7wsm but they didn't cause the feed ramp redesign. Brad is right, you are wrong.

Tough call on the biggest goat [bleep]:

"Fixing" schit that ain't broken or knocking the best Killing Rifle ever offered,in the head.

You'd best doodle up a chart and correlate that dumbphucktitude and be sure to PM Brad Average,prior to same...if only to maximize comedic potential.

Laffin'!....................
been wonderin why I can't find a 7wsm montana anywhere...even the [bleep] up ones...startin to piss me off
Nah, I only bother with charts when Its to disprove some ballistic nonsense you throw up............

Agree 100% on the stupidity of disco'ing the 7, but you are out to frakkin' lunch on the other.....
Have yet to see you incorporate a chart upon anything you've seen,shot or used in the firsthand.

No reason to allow this subject to stop you,as it's unknown to you as well.

You go girl!..................
Actually, you have seen such a chart, but it didn't penetrate the Wall of Ego.

I groweth weary of that. smile You are entertaining up to a point but dude, you gotta at least try to play a reasonably "fair" game or else it just gets boring.

Oh, and Brad is right 'n' you are wrong. Just sayin'.
Imagination don't fare well with Reality,which you so eloquently quantify.

You'll never grow weary of it,because it's all you can muster and obliviously.

[bleep] riot!...............
I got a Kimber made Winchester. Model 320....she sandbags <

Me too, but one of my huntin' buds only ever gave it Near-Kimber status. Close enough.

Still shooting it, even if it is now worth about 7 times what it cost back in the early 70s, when new.
Originally Posted by dubePA
I got a Kimber made Winchester. Model 320....she sandbags <

Me too, but one of my huntin' buds only ever gave it Near-Kimber status. Close enough.

Still shooting it, even if it is now worth about 7 times what it cost back in the early 70s, when new.

I bought mine a couple years ago. I think in was in the mid $200's
Dammit Dumbrowski, doesn't do me any good to put folks on ignore, if you're gonna keep pasting their stuff so's I can read it.

Grumble, beech, moan. Coupla yucks throwed in.

Think I paid around $50-60 for mine new, probably around 1972?

Last time I saw a really minty one in these parts a coupla years ago, they wanted to have $400 for it. Maybe about 6-8 years ago, a guy had one NIB at a show and wanted $350 for it.

Wish I'd bought another one, when they were still below three digits in price. Mine has always been very accurate. My opinion, closest thing to 'em today, are the CZs.
Originally Posted by dubePA
Dammit Dumbrowski, doesn't do me any good to put folks on ignore, if you're gonna keep pasting their stuff so's I can read it.

Grumble, beech, moan. Coupla yucks throwed in.

She likes to delete...though who could blame her?...........(grin)
I'm on a limb here and guessing again.

But..I have seen rifles with so called feeding issues and in truth they had 'em, as you could not manipulate the bolt in any manner you chose or the problem would surface.

However, once you learned the "trick" (speed and feel) to running it, the problem disappeared.

Those lacking finesse had feeding issues, those that figured it out didn't.

Most of us can run any bolt and screw up it's feeding if we want to, I can also take some that may be tempermental and figure put how to make it operate.

Thinking that might be the case here.
my Montana had feeding issues, was a high spot on the follower of the mag.....lil sand paper, hand full of dummy rounds fed through a few hundred times while watching TV, problem gone....
Bingo. grin
not a problem only in Kimbers.....seen it in other brands.....if i can fix it with sand paper it aint a problem.....
my Montana had feeding issues, was a high spot on the follower of the mag.....lil sand paper, hand full of dummy rounds fed through a few hundred times while watching TV, problem gone....

90% of the people out there would never take the time to try such a thing and would rather ship off there "POS broken" rifle and bitch and moan about it for eternity.

The thing that gives $1000 dollar rifles a bad name is people with $2 brains buy them.
Originally Posted by heavywalker

90% of the people out there would never take the time to try such a thing and would rather ship off there "POS broken" rifle and bitch and moan about it for eternity.

The thing that gives $1000 dollar rifles a bad name is people with $2 brains buy them.

i keep printing presses that were built in 1927 that was put together in a guys garage in Minneapolis, 1950 in Germany, 1972 in Sweden and a US made one from 1979 running mostly with parts i can find at a smalltown ACE Hardware and a lumber yard.....the [bleep] if im gonna ship something off that just needs a lil elbow grease...would be more worried bout the post office loosing it or breaking it in transit...

the matched set of gears i paid $2,000 for plus shipping from Sweden needed a lil valve grinding compound to get to work perfectly, aint gonna send a rifle back to the manufacturer over a high spot on the follower that can be fixed quicker than it takes to package up and haul over to the PO...aint gonna beotch bout it either....if custom press parts that i pay big bucks for need a lil work for fitting i aint gonna complain bout a thousand dollar rifle that just needs a couple minutes with some sand paper....
My point exactly, but most people enjoy bitching about a problem way more than fixing it, then correlate complaining to experience.
Round pegs and round holes,have been knowed to go together..................(grin)
sumthin like that......
Posted By: dubePA Re: More Tales of WHOA!.... - 02/25/11
Gimme time, enough quality files and a big enough hammer'n I can fix damn near anything. Or not. ;O)
Posted By: Klikitarik Re: More Tales of WHOA!.... - 02/26/11
Originally Posted by JohnMoses
I'm on a limb here and guessing again.

But..I have seen rifles with so called feeding issues and in truth they had 'em, as you could not manipulate the bolt in any manner you chose or the problem would surface.

However, once you learned the "trick" (speed and feel) to running it, the problem disappeared.

Those lacking finesse had feeding issues, those that figured it out didn't.

Most of us can run any bolt and screw up it's feeding if we want to, I can also take some that may be tempermental and figure put how to make it operate.

Thinking that might be the case here.

I think I'll quit hunting when it all becomes hum-drum *yawn* boring enough that I can finesse the bolt. I have missed opportunities to a rifle which didn't function well when "needed"; I should have known. My fault only, though the rifle had a real and certain hitch that needed attention. I'm sure there are plenty who don't know how or if their rifles work in similar situations. The more you pay, the more you ought to expect. That's a cornerstone of capitalism. Nothing wrong in that.
Posted By: JohnMoses Re: More Tales of WHOA!.... - 02/26/11
Not an attack on capitalism, just stating that some can goatphuck the impregnable.

Small things can sometimes be cured and you'll have a first rate rifle.

I do agree that if I shell out alot of dough, I shouldn't have to be smithing on a brand new rifle.
Posted By: rattler Re: More Tales of WHOA!.... - 02/26/11
guess i just dont figure $1,000 is enough money to shell out on a gun and expect perfection......i know what i spend on single pieces for my presses that have no moving parts......a gear thats a pound and a half piece of steel that cost me $1,000.....only other thing current production in the Kimbers weight class really is a NULA and it costs 3 times as much cause the extra work that goes into it....even if it required some work a Montana was gonna be a bargain....thats what i look at.....
Posted By: Big Stick Re: More Tales of WHOA!.... - 02/26/11
Some is really good at makin' sumptin' outta nuttin'.

Pass the Montuckies,hold the fluff and get out of my [bleep] way...................(grin)

Someone's implying that Kimber hasn't had to deal with any feed issues with the 84M? Really?

I've not read though the whole pissin' match (doesn't seem to be worth the time), but has anyone mentioned the 84M feed rail re-design somewhere between 22K and 25K? I handled several pre-25K rifles that had left-side feed issues and/or bullet into the chamber-edge issues. My two 25K+ Kimbers, with the redesigned rails and feed ramps, feed more reliably than all the pre-22K Kimbers I've seen; they'll feed (literally) everything short of empty cases without a hitch.

Why does Kimber make these changes? Have they nothing better to do with their time? Just screwing with the perfection of the pre-25K rifles?
Wow...............
Posted By: CRS Re: More Kimber Tales of Woe.... - 02/27/11
Shouldn't have to learn how to finesse a bolt to get any rifle to function.

They either work or they don't. Fast, slow and anything in between.
Brad is right. Stick's convolution that there wasn't ANY problem to begin with- so the beancounters forced a machining change with the attendant new drawings and programming- is absurd on the face of it. Yeah, beancounters are always looking for ways to spend money for no reason. crazy

I'm starting to lose track of how many times Mr. "I'm never wrong" is wrong, but here's one fer sure.

It's all right, Stick. It'll keep you humble! *snork*
Originally Posted by CRS

It'd be the last thing I'd suffer...............
Brad is right. Stick's convolution that there wasn't ANY problem to begin with- so the beancounters forced a machining change with the attendant new drawings and programming- is absurd on the face of it. Yeah, beancounters are always looking for ways to spend money for no reason. crazy

I'm starting to lose track of how many times Mr. "I'm never wrong" is wrong, but here's one fer sure.

It's all right, Stick. It'll keep you humble! *snork*

Convolution,is your feigning a [bleep] clue.

Best build a chart and frame it with blue tape.

Laffin'!..............

Dan, the 84M feedramp wasn't nearly the issue that it was with the WSM/8400's. The newer, shallower ramp helps the 84M as anyone who has run both in comparison can attest, but it REALLY made a difference in the WSM's.

Back to the Regularly Scheduled Midget Masterbating....

I'm a fan of the School of Barsness when it comes to the WSMs.

The 300 H&H is a belted case with an indentical case capacity and is probably THE finest feeding cartridge on the planet. I've never met a WSM that I thought fed worth a [bleep].
Originally Posted by cmg
(cause ele is physics; wind is voodoo...)

For a guy whose 2nd language is english, you have an amazing grasp of reality....

And I nearly pissed myself laffin
Originally Posted by boilerpig1
Well let's cut to the chase.. IN 1 WORD OR LESS, are the newer montanas any good? wink
BP...

Inmyopiniontheresnothingcurrentlyonthemarketbetterthanthe84MMontana
Laffin....

You could pay 3 times as much for a NULA and still not have a CRF action with a firing pin block safety and a [bleep] Douglass barrel wink

So in summation, Kimber tubes are just as good, and its a production rifle costing a 3rd of a NULA.
Originally Posted by CRS

If ya' buy rifles that wont' feed you might need too... wink
Dunno? Lots of people still seem to have problems operating lever action rifles, even old ones that have slicked-up some with age.

My first bit of wisdom received on lever actions as a wee twerp, was work that bleepin' thing like you mean to tear the lever off, or it'll jam on ya.

I did, still do. Ain't suffered a burp, ever.
Originally Posted by Thegman
Originally Posted by boilerpig1
BP...

Inmyopiniontheresnothingcurrentlyonthemarketbetterthanthe84MMontana

Now this is what I'm talking about. grin

BP...
If I bought a rifle that had issues, it would get fixed.

The only time I have had problems with feeding is when converting to a different cartridge. A 09 Argentine to 9.3x64 and a 300 UM to 404 Jeffery. But some tweeking is to be expected when doing some custom work, and it's all good.

Of the three Kimbers I have owned/own. Not one has had a feeding issue. None were of the whizzum persuasion. A 22-250 and two 270's.

Thought I'd update this since I did mention a small Tale of Woe from Kimber (stripped hole in the "bottom metal" on my Montana).

First guy I talked to last week, was classic "New York"... kind of rude, in a hurry, didn't even really listen to what I was saying just proceeded ahead with his own idea of what was happening. Sorry New Yorkers... grin...

Anyway today I spoke with John and a more pleasant fellow you won't meet. Said to send it (the part) in and they'd take care of it one way or another. So away the part goes.

I also tried to accelerate the 84L Montana rollout and get the 7 WSM back into production. smile

I also tried to accelerate the 84L Montana rollout and get the 7 WSM back into production. smile

Thanks for thinking of us Left handers buddy.....
Crap, forget to lobby for backwards Kimbers.......

I notice Hill Country Rifles will not work on Kimbers due to accuracy issues.
Good thing all of my Montanas have shot great from the box. I'm sure the next one will as well.

That said, I'm sure there are plenty of other smiths who would do in a pinch.

George
© 24hourcampfire