-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 22 of 23 1 2 20 21 22 23
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
guess i just dont figure $1,000 is enough money to shell out on a gun and expect perfection......i know what i spend on single pieces for my presses that have no moving parts......a gear thats a pound and a half piece of steel that cost me $1,000.....only other thing current production in the Kimbers weight class really is a NULA and it costs 3 times as much cause the extra work that goes into it....even if it required some work a Montana was gonna be a bargain....thats what i look at.....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Some is really good at makin' sumptin' outta nuttin'.

Pass the Montuckies,hold the fluff and get out of my [bleep] way...................(grin)

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Brad
Keep telling yourself the feedramp wasn't changed to a shallower degree for a reason... too funny from all angles!...............

Someone's implying that Kimber hasn't had to deal with any feed issues with the 84M? Really?

I've not read though the whole pissin' match (doesn't seem to be worth the time), but has anyone mentioned the 84M feed rail re-design somewhere between 22K and 25K? I handled several pre-25K rifles that had left-side feed issues and/or bullet into the chamber-edge issues. My two 25K+ Kimbers, with the redesigned rails and feed ramps, feed more reliably than all the pre-22K Kimbers I've seen; they'll feed (literally) everything short of empty cases without a hitch.

Why does Kimber make these changes? Have they nothing better to do with their time? Just screwing with the perfection of the pre-25K rifles?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Wow...............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
CRS Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Shouldn't have to learn how to finesse a bolt to get any rifle to function.

They either work or they don't. Fast, slow and anything in between.

Arcus Venator
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Brad is right. Stick's convolution that there wasn't ANY problem to begin with- so the beancounters forced a machining change with the attendant new drawings and programming- is absurd on the face of it. Yeah, beancounters are always looking for ways to spend money for no reason. crazy

I'm starting to lose track of how many times Mr. "I'm never wrong" is wrong, but here's one fer sure.

It's all right, Stick. It'll keep you humble! *snork*

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by CRS

It'd be the last thing I'd suffer...............

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
Brad is right. Stick's convolution that there wasn't ANY problem to begin with- so the beancounters forced a machining change with the attendant new drawings and programming- is absurd on the face of it. Yeah, beancounters are always looking for ways to spend money for no reason. crazy

I'm starting to lose track of how many times Mr. "I'm never wrong" is wrong, but here's one fer sure.

It's all right, Stick. It'll keep you humble! *snork*

Convolution,is your feigning a [bleep] clue.

Best build a chart and frame it with blue tape.

Laffin'!..............

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Brad
Originally Posted by DanAdair
Truth be known, the old feedramp angle on my 84 is the only thing I DIDN'T have a problem with.

Dan, the 84M feedramp wasn't nearly the issue that it was with the WSM/8400's. The newer, shallower ramp helps the 84M as anyone who has run both in comparison can attest, but it REALLY made a difference in the WSM's.

Back to the Regularly Scheduled Midget Masterbating....

I'm a fan of the School of Barsness when it comes to the WSMs.

The 300 H&H is a belted case with an indentical case capacity and is probably THE finest feeding cartridge on the planet. I've never met a WSM that I thought fed worth a [bleep].

I'm Irish...

Of course I know how to patch drywall
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by cmg
(cause ele is physics; wind is voodoo...)

For a guy whose 2nd language is english, you have an amazing grasp of reality....

And I nearly pissed myself laffin

I'm Irish...

IC B3

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by boilerpig1
Well let's cut to the chase.. IN 1 WORD OR LESS, are the newer montanas any good? wink
BP...

Inmyopiniontheresnothingcurrentlyonthemarketbetterthanthe84MMontana

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Laffin....

You could pay 3 times as much for a NULA and still not have a CRF action with a firing pin block safety and a [bleep] Douglass barrel wink

So in summation, Kimber tubes are just as good, and its a production rifle costing a 3rd of a NULA.

I'm Irish...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by CRS

If ya' buy rifles that wont' feed you might need too... wink

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Dunno? Lots of people still seem to have problems operating lever action rifles, even old ones that have slicked-up some with age.

My first bit of wisdom received on lever actions as a wee twerp, was work that bleepin' thing like you mean to tear the lever off, or it'll jam on ya.

I did, still do. Ain't suffered a burp, ever.

If three or more people think you're a dimwit, chances are at least one of them is right.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Thegman
Originally Posted by boilerpig1
Well let's cut to the chase.. IN 1 WORD OR LESS, are the newer montanas any good? wink
BP...

Inmyopiniontheresnothingcurrentlyonthemarketbetterthanthe84MMontana

Now this is what I'm talking about. grin

BP...

CRS Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If I bought a rifle that had issues, it would get fixed.

The only time I have had problems with feeding is when converting to a different cartridge. A 09 Argentine to 9.3x64 and a 300 UM to 404 Jeffery. But some tweeking is to be expected when doing some custom work, and it's all good.

Of the three Kimbers I have owned/own. Not one has had a feeding issue. None were of the whizzum persuasion. A 22-250 and two 270's.

Arcus Venator
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Thought I'd update this since I did mention a small Tale of Woe from Kimber (stripped hole in the "bottom metal" on my Montana).

First guy I talked to last week, was classic "New York"... kind of rude, in a hurry, didn't even really listen to what I was saying just proceeded ahead with his own idea of what was happening. Sorry New Yorkers... grin...

Anyway today I spoke with John and a more pleasant fellow you won't meet. Said to send it (the part) in and they'd take care of it one way or another. So away the part goes.

I also tried to accelerate the 84L Montana rollout and get the 7 WSM back into production. smile

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jeff_O

I also tried to accelerate the 84L Montana rollout and get the 7 WSM back into production. smile

Thanks for thinking of us Left handers buddy.....

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Crap, forget to lobby for backwards Kimbers.......

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I notice Hill Country Rifles will not work on Kimbers due to accuracy issues.

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing 1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~
Page 22 of 23 1 2 20 21 22 23

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

643 members (1beaver_shooter, 160user, 1badf350, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 66 invisible), 2,777 guests, and 1,272 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,830
Posts18,516,955
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.