-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Definitely ranks in the top 3 for most painful.

Holy crap, what were the other two?
I hope not eek

A government is the most dangerous threat to man�s rights: it holds a legal monopoly on the use of physical force against legally disarmed victims.
GB1

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Shoulder/rotator cuff/collarbone and sciatica. Truth be known they were all about equal but the shoulder was by far the worst. Had me in tears for a long time. Still ain't right.

Having said the above gout would be the worst of the 3 that I would not wish on anyone.

Last edited by byc; 03/01/11.

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I had a big needle stuck into my ankle joint so some fluid could be drawn out.
Took two Marines and a corpsman to hold me down and everyone overlooked that I threatened a US Naval Officer with serious bodily harm while underway on a US Naval vessel.

I banged a gouty toe once, that hurt worse.

A government is the most dangerous threat to man�s rights: it holds a legal monopoly on the use of physical force against legally disarmed victims.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Probably the worst pain Ive ever had...Ibuprofen, lots of water...the cherries seemed to help as well...mine was so bad that It hurt to have a blanket laying on it while in bed...

I wish you the best of luck for a speedy recovery.

It must feel so good to be right all the time.....
Click "Ignore"..get rid of the whore..
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I've been lucky not to have had it, but Kidney stones will definately get your attention. I just hope I never get it. A friend has had it a couple of times and put's him down.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Well i'm drink'in cherry juice, sucks taste wise. Maybe a few beers tonite to get it thur the system faster...

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Been awhile since I had it but as I recall alcohol was the last thing that lends to a quick heal of gout. Maybe things have changed. Although, if I had gout right now I'd have a stiff Knob Creek. Maybe 2-3.

Godspeed recovery for sure as I know it's painful!

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by byc
Had a brief encounter with it when I played soccer/rugby in College. Lots of drinking going on after all those matches.

Man, brings back memories.

...drinking out of dirty boots, Barnicle Bill the sailor,....my stomach hurts just thinking about it.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Gout is a mean dirty bastard.

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by rrroae
Originally Posted by byc
Had a brief encounter with it when I played soccer/rugby in College. Lots of drinking going on after all those matches.

Man, brings back memories.

...drinking out of dirty boots, Barnicle Bill the sailor,....my stomach hurts just thinking about it.

Yup! Post-match we'd go downtown Charleston to a place called Captain Harry's Blue Marlin. The place was a hell hole but packed full with the best of the best and the worst of the worst. Drinking out of whatever or whomever they could find. DHEC had a field day with Capt's Harry's but they left it alone.

It was that kind of joint. In fact, a gout joint. wink

Go Nats!!!!

IC B3

1B Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Watch out for docs who over prescribe diuretics. They can dry out your kidneys and lots of bad things happen then. All your other meds become stronger acting because they are not being passed. And uric acid builds up -- presto, you've got gout. Colchicine worked for me w/o any side effects but YMMV.

1B

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R

I wouldn't wish gout on Obama.

I would and more......

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've had serious gout years ago. Now if any symptoms appear I just watch my diet closely for a few days.

I would rate gall stones right up near the top for excruciating pain. Haven't had kidney stones but imagine they would be about the same.

Jim

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Had a series of gout attacks. The bad news, you could get a kidney stone attack brought on by having uric acid levels which are too high. That hit me a year ago. I'll call it a dead heat for pain, but instant replay showed the kidney stones edging out the gout. Good luck and a lot of good advice on the thread.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
A friend's son had gout real bad, allopurinol did no good at all. A shot of organic apple cider and a large tbs. of honey in a glass of water 3 times a day(and Diet) cured him. Best of luck.
Allan

PS ;I drink vinegar for high blood sugar.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

355 members (160user, 2500HD, 3333vl, 257 mag, 12344mag, 38 invisible), 2,023 guests, and 1,254 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,498
Posts18,472,211
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.