-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 16 of 41 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 40 41
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Took me awhile to figure out WTF he was even talking about three quarters of the time. Rude and obnoxious ? Yup, but I have to say that I've gotten some very good advise from him as well, though usually via PM's. Only thing I'm trying to say is that there are alot of folks here (no one in particular) who go out of their way to pick a fight with him then get all vaginal when he delivers what they so aggressively sought after.

GB1

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
Originally Posted by WTM45
And, who would that be? Serious question here.

I am fully aware you want to know whose barrel I use but I am not going to tell you.

Wonder if Larry will charge 6 grand for the info you want, where/who/WTF the pard of a pard is?

Schit is apparently worth it to some.... crazy

L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
Originally Posted by Calvin
So.. Is anybody going hunting in 2011?

lol, good post, sometimes it's easy to put aside what we all enjoy and are here for..

yes, can't wait. spring bear in idaho coming up very quickly. applying in 9 different states. and should draw my deer and elk tags in my home state this year. possibly archery antelope as well.
then there is spring varmint hunting soon, etc, etc....

last but not least, the dream of pulling a sheep tag, somehow, someday!!!!

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Magnum PI and Little Jimmy would pay I am sure.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
Originally Posted by FOsteology
Originally Posted by lovdasnow
does he ever put forth any good info, or just argue, and act like an idiot?

he seems to me more of a detraction to this site then a benefit. he short circuits threads that could be useful with the the most ridiculous comments i've ever heard. i don't want to hear about a montucky ever again:)

he doesn't get under my skin at all, but it has become more of a pain to try and glean decent info from this site while trying to wade through the crap storm he stirs up in nearly every thread. take this thread for example. it went from the stinking sponsor of this whole page posting a pic of some good looking rifles, to this. 30 pages of mindless crap, and the biggest problem is that i'm here still:)

am i way off, or do you guys like his "style"?

You make a valid point.

However, let's be realistic, other than Stick and RicK Bin.... who has control over what he posts? Does anyone honestly think they're going to change him?? Don't be obtuse!

You are aware that there's an ignore feature?

I'm indifferent to him. I learned long ago that there is no point engaging him in debate.

good point, i do have him on ignore, and even though i don't read his stuff, he sparks the debates that i'm talking about that detract from the useful info here.

this discussion going on now is mostly civil, and a lot more fun to be a part of then when stick is here.

IC B2

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Talked with an employee from a well-known stock builder at the shotshow last month and he asked me, why does the 24hrcampfire site-owner allow someone post 100 times a day with senseless crap? Kinda detours new members away would'nt you think?

I said....yap.

Calvin, just got back from Texas with 'Yukonal. Killed 21 hogs in 2 days. Next hunt will be June(plains game) and SK in November.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by FOsteology

What YOU seem to fail to grasp is HOW exactly is this lie supposedly affecting Burns bottom line? I would imagine (and hope for his sake) that John sells more than one stock.

If one man claiming that "a pard of pard ordered a GreyBull stock, and declared it a POS and promptly returned it" is going to severely affect his business, then I submit that perhaps the businessman should be more concerned with the quality of his product....

But that honestly isn't the case NOR the issue here.

Stop being obtuse.

The only idiot who's being obtuse here is you...

If someone posted outright lies about Cameraland /Ric Bin McMillan's products or service, guys like you would be all over them (and rightfully so)

The debate is not about how such mean spirited crap affects a sponsors business, it the double standard that allows such baseless lies to be posted in the first place.

Last edited by jim62; 03/01/11.

To all gunmaker critics-
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.."- Teddy Roosevelt
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
John Burns is not Doug or Rick, both of whom I've purchased from. He still has to live down his trollish episode, but I do believe he has toned it down. No way he has garnered the respect of those two and to insinuate is ridicules. It's gon'a be a he said, she said and no way to prove out either.

Kent

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

We have been, or still are, however you want to look at it. Matter of fact Rachel just finished loading up another batch of 105's for the 243ai and we're going to go ring long-range steel again tomorrow. I hope I don't miss too much while we're out doing stuff. (Grin)

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by jim62
...If someone posted outright lies about Cameraland /Ric Bin McMillan's products or service, guys like you would be all over them (and rightfully so)

Though I have no proof of the above, because no has been stupid enough to do it, I agree with it wholeheartedly.

FOsie old buddy, you'd be at the head of the line to light the fire that burned the miscreant at the stake!

IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by slg888
Talked with an employee from a well-known stock builder at the shotshow last month and he asked me, why does the 24hrcampfire site-owner allow someone post 100 times a day with senseless crap? Kinda detours new members away would'nt you think?

I said....yap.

But......as far as I can tell 24HR Campfire is the most popular hunting/gun site on the internet...........

Don't get me wrong, the nastiness has reached new levels the two years, but I think that comes with the popularity.

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by BradArnett

We have been, or still are, however you want to look at it. Matter of fact Rachel just finished loading up another batch of 105's for the 243ai and we're going to go ring long-range steel again tomorrow. I hope I don't miss too much while we're out doing stuff. (Grin)

[Linked Image]

We are in the cold spell from hell. Everything is froze up. Spring should be arriving shortly though. Going to be rather tough on the bears this spring.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by krp
John Burns is not Doug or Rick..... He still has to live down his trollish episode, but I do believe he has toned it down.

Toned it down? Maybe he just got tired of idiots and tried to fill his rifle orders. He was a hell of a lot nicer than I'd have been. No one has challenged him to a "shootout", and actually shown up , I've noticed.

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Well, he ended up with Jeff O and a handful of others as his benefactors and about everyone else calling him a troll, not much of an endorsement...

I'm not here to bash on John... but saying he's in Rick and Doug's league just marginalizing whatever you guys have said or will.

Still will be a he said, she said and no way to prove otherwise. You guys just egg it on.

Kent

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by krp
John Burns is not Doug or Rick, both of whom I've purchased from. He still has to live down his trollish episode, but I do believe he has toned it down. No way he has garnered the respect of those two and to insinuate is ridicules. It's gon'a be a he said, she said and no way to prove out either.

Kent

That's a lame argument on two counts.

It does not really matter what folks feel about other sponsor's "reps" vs John Burns It's still a double standard.

As a matter of fact, by Ric allowing John Burns to even be a sponsor here, that is Ric's tacit approval of Burn's business and/or products. At the very least his neutrality towards same.

So by that logic, those who impune John Burns/Greybull's integrity are also impuning Ric Bin's character as well or at least implying his incompetence in vetting prospective sponsors.

To all gunmaker critics-
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.."- Teddy Roosevelt
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
If I buy a sponsorship here, do I get immunity for whatever I say/claim? Or better yet, can I petition to get certain members banned?

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by krp

Kent

That's a lame argument on two counts.

It does not really matter what folks feel about other sponsor's "reps" vs John Burns It's still a double standard.

As a matter of fact, by Ric allowing John Burns to even be a sponsor here, that is Ric's tacit approval of Burn's business and/or products. At the very least his neutrality towards same.

So by that logic, those who impune John Burns/Greybull's integrity are also impuning Ric Bin's character as well or at least implying his incompetence in vetting prospective sponsors.

Did you miss all the hubbub a couple months ago?

John was impugned quite liberally by many here... did that relate to Rick also?

Kent

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
If I buy a sponsorship here, do I get immunity for whatever I say/claim? Or better yet, can I petition to get certain members banned?

I don't know, you might ask Ric those questions...

IMHO, if you are claiming Burns to be dishonest, then Ric would be as well for letting him be a sponsor here.

Frankly, I don't think anyone should be banned for criticizing a product with opinions offering them as same..

But knowingly making up baseless lies just to push a petty vendetta(which is what Big Stick is doing)is over the line.

The fact Stick has cut and run once confronted with providing any proof to back up up his "pard of a pard" story is very telling.

And the fact that the same half dozen Burns haters come to Stick's defense no matter what he lies he posts, is even more telling.

To all gunmaker critics-
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The debate is not about how such mean spirited crap affects a sponsors business, it the double standard that allows such baseless lies to be posted in the first place.

That may be how you're spinning it now, but that was not the case nor intent originally.

I stand firmly unabashed by my earlier statements and observations. Neither you nor Magnumdood have been able (and likely won't) to alter my stance.

As stated, I'm indifferent to the man, so your "fan boy" label you eagerly apply to those who disagree with you will be a ineffective tactic.

I find the whole dramatic episode nothing more than attempting to make a mountain out of a mole hill.

Obviously, YMMV.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by krp
...It's gon'a be a he said, she said and no way to prove out either.

Kent

Put the paint can down and back away from the keyboard. It's easy to prove what limp schtick said; he posted it for all the world to see.

When John disclosed that no stocks had been returned in AK...at all...limp schtick took off like his tail was on fire and his azz was catchin'!

Page 16 of 41 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 40 41

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

623 members (1badf350, 16gage, 1moredeer, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 59 invisible), 3,088 guests, and 1,288 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,959
Posts18,519,447
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.