-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
last named Robinson in Washington County,Mississippi, which is more than 2/3 black...you don't have to be NCIS to make a high probablity guess about the race of the perp.

as to conclusions from that fact drawn by others about how bad it was, whether a child is less valuable because of it, etc....somebody's doing some major projecting. I didn't make any such judgments or imply any.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
last named Robinson in Washington County,Mississippi, which is more than 2/3 black...you don't have to be NCIS to make a high probablity guess about the race of the perp.

as to conclusions from that fact about how bad it was, whether a child is less valuable because of it, etc....somebody's doing some major projecting.
The point isn't about how probable it is because of geography or name, the point is ... what the hell is the point of even bringing it up?!?! I know some here just can't help themselves and jump at every opportunity to bring derogatory race comments into a thread (but are generally the first to decry Sharpton et al. for the very same thing) but you'd think in the case of such a horrific death of an innocent child they could shelve their stupidity for ONE freaking thread! I realize it's asking too much.

NRA Lifer
"It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare." - Mark Twain
"Everybody has principles... until they are an inconvenience." - Me

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
If you think this is bad, and it certainly is, you should look into the death of 12 year old Michael Belitz here in Omaha. His Mother, Angela Manns, killed him and the police found his body decomposing in a bathtub "after several weeks".

Crazy white woman or stoned black woman, I don't understand how any Mother can kill her child.

JEff

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Agree1000% percent...

Wonder if anyone remembers this one....
Last name Smith, Lots of black folks with htat name...
Mid state SC... be a few blacks in that area...
[Linked Image].

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by santeerangerman
Agree1000% percent...

Wonder if anyone remembers this one....
Last name Smith, Lots of black folks with htat name...
Mid state SC... be a few blacks in that area...
Unfortunately my then 7 year old heard the story of the woman who drowned her two kids last year in S.C. He had nightmares a few nights later about it. The only ones he's ever had in his life. He never once asked what color the mother was.

NRA Lifer
"It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare." - Mark Twain
"Everybody has principles... until they are an inconvenience." - Me

IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Damn....she looks like Michelle Obama, on a bad hair day.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by Steve_NO

as to conclusions from that fact drawn by others about how bad it was, whether a child is less valuable because of it, etc....somebody's doing some major projecting. I didn't make any such judgments or imply any.

OK, Mr. Wizard, or Imperial Wizard or whatever title you use, employ that razor sharp wit of yours to pick the race on this one:

Mother held in deaths of two in Tampa, FL

Or just Google child murder and pick the race, ethnicity or whatever other factor you want for the perpetrator and victim of all you find.

Then make some trenchant yet bigoted comment. Then backtrack when you are called on it by professing that you didn't make or imply bigoted judgments and they were all inferred by others.

You're smart enough not to be bigoted. Use that wit for something useful.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by slymule

You are clearly a bigot. However, unlike some others on this thread who have sufficient intellect to be capable of overcoming bigotry, you are clearly doomed to it permanently.

Please slither off and don't bother piping up again where there is a level of discourse clearly above your capacities.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by BrownDog

Then make some trenchant yet bigoted comment. Then backtrack when you are called on it by professing that you didn't make or imply bigoted judgments and they were all inferred by others.

nothing in what I wrote that's bigotted. can't help your insinuations. but, just to be safe, blow me.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B

You are clearly a bigot. However, unlike some others on this thread who have sufficient intellect to be capable of overcoming bigotry, you are clearly doomed to it permanently.

Please slither off and don't bother piping up again where there is a level of discourse clearly above your capacities.

I bet some of the bigots you speak of are thinking [bleep] you right now.

I saw a movie where only the military and the police had guns. It was called Schindler's List.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm too slow-witted to conclude, yet, that a crime has been committed here.

Maybe it has, maybe not. In light of little kids' penchant for playing in old refrigerators and washing-machines, I have no trouble conjecturing how this tragedy could've been a horrible accident.

If it's unintended man-slaughter (cruel punishment gone farther than intended?) or intended homicide, that's horrible.

If the kid crammed himself into that oven to hide or to get warm, that's an entirely different flavor of horrible.

I'm just going to wait and see what further evidence discloses � my crystal ball being very murky today.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Bulletbutt

You read minds wink

But I am wondering when Rick Bin turned over control of this forum to him. When was he given control over who has the right to post here and who doesn't, and what they can say or not say.

Lynn

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
He's OK, he's just holier than those he disagrees with.

I saw a movie where only the military and the police had guns. It was called Schindler's List.
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by Miss Lynn
Originally Posted by Bulletbutt

You read minds wink

But I am wondering when Rick Bin turned over control of this forum to him. When was he given control over who has the right to post here and who doesn't, and what they can say or not say.

Lynn

I clearly don't "control" anything here. And, it doesn't really matter to me what the bigots I speak of are thinking - regarding me at least. Nor, I'm sure does it matter to them what I'm thinking. They can display their bigotry and ignorance however they want on this particular forum. Plenty of it gets displayed and applauded here regularly.

I was suggesting, indelicately perhaps, that one particular individual educate himself just the tiniest bit so he'd at least be able to raise his level of discourse to something approximating the general level in whatever thread he posts so as not to embarrass himself more than absolutely necessary. You know, actually contribute something worthwhile - something with actual thought behind it that has meaning.

I am neither religious nor deluded enough to believe I am "better than others". "Holier than thou" is not a phrase anyone who knows me would apply. I've made many mistakes. I try to learn from them. Mindless bigoted hatred is, fortunately for me, not one of the mistakes I've made. Some here, like me, seem to have the intellect to critically examine their own beliefs, shortcomings, and behavior - to recognize their mistakes and use that information to benefit themselves and others. Some don't.

If it it's only themselves they harm through their ignorance and bigotry that's fine. I don't much care what they do to themselves. When they harm others or attempt to influence others or even just mindlessly spew their hatred to up their post count I see nothing wrong with pointing it out and suggesting (perhaps in this instance too unkindly) that they examine their thinking and behavior and perhaps seek some minor self-improvement before making further "contributions".

I don't give a damn if you like me, think I'm an a**hole, support or completely disagree with what I've written. You apparently have opinions. Yours don't seem to contain mindless bigoted hatred. And, they reflect an intellect and contain humor and a degree of thoughtfulness completely lacking in slymule's pathetic comment. Your opinion, stated thoughtfully and with logic is actually more interesting to me than my own. slymule's opinion, at least as reflected by his pathetic post, offers nothing.

Flame on. I'll enjoy it if it at least reflects an intellect.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The moveon.org sorts generally strike me as rageaholics... major control issues in blind attempts to compensate for God only knows what...

Please don't feed the trolls!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
BrownDog,

Where did SteveNo make a racist comment??? It wasn't him, he was replying to someone's racist remark.

And SlyMule didn't really say anything racist either. Not that I see. Just made a comment on how some girl in a picture looked like Michelle Obama. Maybe it was intended to be racist or maybe not. But I don't get the joke if it was.

You seem just a little over defensive. You're yelling at the wrong people I think.

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
People who make a habit of looking for bigotry have no trouble finding it. It's a mindless way of life for them.

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Can't we all just get along????

Now join hands and sing campfire songs.

I hate change, it's never for the better.... Grumpy Old Men
The more I learn, the more I realize how little I know
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
or just remember this thread is about an innocent child who died and badly by all accounts and leave the internet ego crap out of it for once.

huh?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

577 members (2500HD, 1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 222Sako, 1lesfox, 72 invisible), 2,564 guests, and 1,368 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,515
Posts18,509,462
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.