Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ltppowell
I'm sorry, but I consider the "conservatives" that are swallowing this hook, no better than the dumbasses that bit on Hope and Change.

Most people are suckers when it comes to politics. I learned a long time ago that all politicans are skunks, no matter what letter is after their name.

Brian.

"You set your own goals for success, and when you succeed it don't necessarily mean that you're going to be a big star or make a lot of money or anything. You'll feel it in your heart whether you've succeeded or not." - Roy Buchanan
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by WheelchairBandit
I'm sorry, but I consider the "conservatives" that are swallowing this hook, no better than the dumbasses that bit on Hope and Change.

Most people are suckers when it comes to politics. I learned a long time ago that all politicans are skunks, no matter what letter is after their name.Brian.

Brian,

That is why we'll never have real "Hope and Change". If there is enough disgust with Pres. O come 2012 (by that I mean the economy-the only thing Americans really seem to care about) he will be ousted and the opposition will be victorious and...nothing will change. That is what I find most 'distasteful' about so many of the radicals in the R or D party (and here on the Fire). They really believe if they can get 'their guys' in power everything will be great (Obama proved that to be a lie for the Dems). Those who don't learn from history...

It ain't what you don't know that makes you an idiot...it's what you know for certain, that just ain't so...

Most people don't want to believe the truth~they want the truth to be what they believe.

Stupidity has no average...
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Sadly, the people we need in the Presidency don't want to do it and the ones who want to do it, we don't need.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Mako25
What hook?

The "more government" hook. Just because the government de jure is in your favor, don't mean it's less government. Is that what we really want?

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
nobody to support since Goldwater.

Those who seek absolute power, even though they seek it to do what they regard as good, are simply demanding the right to enforce their own version of heaven on earth. And let me remind you, they are the very ones who always create the most hellish tyrannies.

IC B2

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
THey will never get laid off in CA.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by JBGQUICK
Sadly, the people we need in the Presidency don't want to do it and the ones who want to do it, we don't need.

Boy, aint that the truth....

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MojoHand
They really believe if they can get 'their guys' in power everything will be great (Obama proved that to be a lie for the Dems). Those who don't learn from history...

That's been going on in American politics since day one. Everyone thinks "Oh man, if my guy just gets in there, everything will be sunshine and roses and puppy dogs for the next 4 years!"

But who are we going to replace Obama with who's any good? Sarah Palin? Mitt Romney? C'mon.

The really sharp thinkers with the knowledge and common sense to turn the country around aren't interested in the job. It's a pay cut for most of them and a lot of stress that they just don't need. Takes an odd person to want to be President in this day and age. I wouldn't take that job no matter what the pay was. Same goes for most other sane people.

Brian.

"You set your own goals for success, and when you succeed it don't necessarily mean that you're going to be a big star or make a lot of money or anything. You'll feel it in your heart whether you've succeeded or not." - Roy Buchanan
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 2ndwind
Dear CA, here is a suggestion, how about every student you are planning to enroll has to prove citizenship before they walk in the door.... you might find that you don't need to employ as many school teachers...

You nailed it.

NRA Lifetime Member
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Well said Brian. Being a successful Politician requires a special personality... intelligence, carisma, acting abiltiy and a lack of scrupples.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
and sources of funding

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by WheelchairBandit
Originally Posted by MojoHand
They really believe if they can get 'their guys' in power everything will be great (Obama proved that to be a lie for the Dems). Those who don't learn from history...

That's been going on in American politics since day one. Everyone thinks "Oh man, if my guy just gets in there, everything will be sunshine and roses and puppy dogs for the next 4 years!"

But who are we going to replace Obama with who's any good? Sarah Palin? Mitt Romney? C'mon.

The really sharp thinkers with the knowledge and common sense to turn the country around aren't interested in the job. It's a pay cut for most of them and a lot of stress that they just don't need. Takes an odd person to want to be President in this day and age. I wouldn't take that job no matter what the pay was. Same goes for most other sane people.

Brian.

Damn straight. And even if, by some miracle, we had a decent choice to vote for as Pres. what could he do without 535 other 'decent' people to back him up (or a majority)?

It ain't what you don't know that makes you an idiot...it's what you know for certain, that just ain't so...

Most people don't want to believe the truth~they want the truth to be what they believe.

Stupidity has no average...
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Yes.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The "more government" hook. Just because the government de jure is in your favor, don't mean it's less government. Is that what we really want?

All I can offer is that every generation of my family has had teachers, administrators, and board members in Wisconsin's K-12 system. When I threw my hands up, contracts, and mandates comprised over 75% of the district's revenue, and yearly the budget always increased, which forced property taxes to escalate.

The closed-loop of the politicians (Democrats), and the teacher's unions had/have a complete strangle hold on the educational system.
That omnipotent power has raised taxes to the point that people literally are forced to sell their homes, because the tax burden dictates it.

I view the current law in Wisconsin as a definite reduction of government, and more importantly - return of some authority to the taxpayers.

Yes, that's what I want - and don't give a rip who's party gets power advancing that type of reform.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'll buy that, but why is Wisconsins's problem, my problem?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Well said Brian. Being a successful Politician requires a special personality... intelligence, carisma, acting lieing abiltiy and a lack of scrupples.

Fixed that for you.

Nothing I hate more in a person than someone who can look you square in the eye and tell you a bold faced lie, and never blink once. Hence my distaste for pretty much every politican on earth.

Brian.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'll buy that, but why is Wisconsins's problem, my problem?

Here's a start. Former Governor Doyle raided Wi funds from transprtation (and other areas) and sent those funds to "education" (funded benefits packages to the tune of 500 million).

Obama sent federal 'stimulus' money to Doyle to the tune of 717 million for education (680 million more, for benefits), and wala! 500 million for transportation.
That'd be 1.5 B, billion to fund Wisconsin's benefit packages. That kinda cash buys a lot of loyalty in a battleground state.

Last I checked, federal funds means you too.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
That's my point. Why does the Federal government have my money to give them?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 340boy
I still can't believe 50 million bucks for a high school!
crazy

Just think, 100 years ago, before the progressives [bleep] up schools, kids went to a one room building that a handful of people could build in a weekend today for a couple thousand bucks. And they got a better education.

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
...and the teachers got better pay.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

530 members (12344mag, 222Sako, 1lessdog, 1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 007FJ, 60 invisible), 1,740 guests, and 1,221 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,124
Posts18,522,957
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.