-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The fed has no business -- but has taken the authority -- in state's K-12. I'd also support any, and all measures to cut the head off that serpant as well.

Why does the Federal government have my money to give them?

'Cause the fed has the authority to tax - but doesn't excercise the discipline not too.

I'm thinkin' the message is starting to come across though.

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Mako25
The fed has no business -- but has taken the authority --

Bingo. That is THE problem, not public unions, not corporations, not liberals, not conservatives. If California wants to have gay parades, New York wants to have lunch-hour abortions or Wisconsin wants to fire all it's teachers, it should be of no concern to me.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Paper towel - just a plain ol' har, har - but a messy one!

If California wants to have gay parades, New York wants to have lunch-hour abortions or Wisconsin wants to fire all it's teachers, it should be of no concern to me.

Cops, they get ya talkin', and they're takin' notes the whole time!

>grin<

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Thanks...I think. smile I just don't get it. The only reason for the Federal government is to keep the States from [bleep] with each other and other countries from [bleep] with the States. It seems that the government has become a facilitator for just the opposite.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
my sister in law got a slip in tx thankful my wife has not

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
'twas meant as a compliment - you're good at your vocation, and fair-minded.

"The only reason for the Federal government is to keep the States from [bleep] with each other and other countries from [bleep] with the States. It seems that the government has become a facilitator for just the opposite."

On that, we are 100% in concert.

I'd cut the head (METAPHOR) off that serpant too. (figured you'd get it, but my PM's overflow lately).

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
As you know, there's nothing to cut in Texas but jobs. We don't pay many taxes, relatively. That's partially why I resent the political groupthink that inundates the general populace when another State's problem is heralded as the National crisis of the day. Does anybody really think that public unions in the blue States are any more of a burden than illegal immigration is in Texas? Welfare in Louisiana? Let's face it...some people are just easier to pick on.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ltppowell
As you know, there's nothing to cut in Texas but jobs. We don't pay many taxes, relatively. That's partially why I resent the political groupthink that inundates the general populace when another State's problem is heralded as the National crisis of the day. Does anybody really think that public unions in the blue States are any more of a burden than illegal immigration is in Texas? Welfare in Louisiana? Let's face it...some people are just easier to pick on.

Here's the real problem though. If we don't care what the blue states do, they will inevitably destroy themselves and a bunch of jackazzes in DC will make the rest of us bail them out with some spread the wealth scheme. I personally don't want to care what other states do but my intuition says it's in my best interest.

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Fair enough, but why don't we address the several BILLION dollars that Wisconsin residents (no offense Wisnonsinites)also? How can anybody not see the political games being played? The REAL issues are alway avoided, and the sheeple (R and D) are always distracted from them.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
California has a $24 billion dollar deficit and an $80 billion budget. The new Governor has promised to balance the budget with cuts and tax increases. So it's no wonder that layoffs are likely.

[Linked Image from ]
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I wonder how much it cost to send out those 19,000 pink slips and I also wonder what the real cost savings are once they all go back to work?

If they eliminated the pink slip sender jobs - Ca may actually save a few bucks. grin

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I wonder how many education administrators are included in that list? You know the mid level bururcrats that are making 2-3 times as much as the average teacher and has a secretary or two also. Their only job seems to be going to each others meetings.. That way they have something to do.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Ahh..the pendulum swings. In ten years, or so, the country will be begging for teachers and willing to pay unbelievable money. It's just another symptom relieved by the drug-of-the-day, without addressing the cause.

That is just what happened with Nurses...

That which does not kill us makes us stronger

Friedrich Nietzsche
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Greyghost
In California teachers have to get advance notice of a pending lay off for the following year...

An article in the paper a couple day's ago stated that some 19,000 teachers in the state to get a lay off notice... could be higher because a few County's hadn't stated their intent before the article went out...

But [bleep] they keep on building 50,000,000+ dollar high schools!

Phil
I hope they love all that 'hope and change' they're gettin'..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Agree with a lot of what Pat said. Brian was spot-on when he said it was a ploy. That's not all it is, but it is certainly partly that.

Kansas cut ed funding drastically last year. Other stuff in the budget-not so much. My Rep had a plan to achieve the same ends without the drastic cuts, but he is kind of a Ron Paul type that nobody listens to much. Part of his proposal involved cutting his own salary along with those of his fellows at the State House. You can imagine how well that went over.

Teachers and ed is convenient. We have Republicans in our state legislature and also as a Governor. They generally love to cut education because people dislike the nazi-like aspects of the schools and also a lot of the curriculum that has been shoved down their throats. Everybody got a story about how they were mistreated when they were in school.

Now, this year, the [bleep] just cut 56 mil out of the current budget in order to end up the fiscal year with a bit of a surplus. 50 mil of it came out of education! You can't find but 6 mil in the whole budget that ain't education?

Anyway, most of the asswholes up in Topeka have their kids in private school anyway and could care less about those who value education but just ain't got the money for private school.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by fish head
I wonder how much it cost to send out those 19,000 pink slips and I also wonder what the real cost savings are once they all go back to work?

If they eliminated the pink slip sender jobs - Ca may actually save a few bucks. grin

It costs a lot less to send pink slips than to pay the teachers and bureaucrats. Anyway the law requires that they send them if there is a possibility of layoffs. They really don't cost very much as they have all they equipment and labor necessary to make and send them out.

Last edited by ConradCA; 03/18/11.

[Linked Image from ]
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by bigwhoop
Oh no, just think of the class size - way over union limits!

Stop and think for a few moments. Do you think your son/daughter will have a better learning environment if the class size is increased from 30:1 to let say 40+:1?

At some point we as tax payers and parents will have to say hold on just 1 minute!

I don't know what is going on in the Golden State but as was said on an earlier post the pendulum swings and in a very few years there will be a massive shortage of teachers and the school districts will up the pay a bunch to close that gap. It would be great if we as a country could find some middle ground rather swinging so wildly from the far right to the far left.

Short Story:

I was attending a teaching recruiting fair in Montana many years ago with my only intention being interviewing with 2 districts from Alaska. The gym floor was covered with school districts from California which I had to traverse to get to the small area set aside for Alaska. When districts saw that I was a Science Teacher they were leaping over their tables to greet me. I was very frank in telling them that I was only interested in Alaska but Orange County and Sacramento both offered to match the wages from Alaska and both offered me a signing bonus along with mortgage assistance if I would sign. Talk about crazy! This was with out seeing my packet or an interview. So glad I did not give it any thought.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Greyghost
Hell, that's on the cheap... Los Angeles County and a few others have been building some in the 400+ Million dollar range...

Phil
Lot of kick-backs being handed out. School construction is very corrupt.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Go down to the local schoolhouse and watch the teachers, then go down to the corner where crack is sold and your local welfare recipients hang. Get back with us about how teachers, cops, firemen etc. are the problem with the country. Politicians, including "conservative", will not TOUCH the real issues.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The "conservative sheeple" are no different than the "liberal sheeple". They will jump on whatever band wagon is popular at the moment. In their minds, all government employees should be "servants" performing a duty as a favor to the taxpayers and the flag, and thankful for the crumbs they are fed.

+100

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

520 members (22250rem, 3040Krag, 12344mag, 270cowboy, 1beaver_shooter, 348srfun, 52 invisible), 1,703 guests, and 1,230 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,131
Posts18,523,127
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.