Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 31 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 30 31
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
No dog in the fight, but indeed this does seem to be a simple solution. Had that been done 4 months ago none of this would be transpiring.

Life Members SCI & NRA. NRA Instructor & RSO. What have YOU done to support hunting & gun rights?
GB1

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Simple, just pack up the stock and parts and get them shipped back to the owner.

No dog in the fight, but indeed this does seem to be a simple solution. Had that been done 4 months ago none of this would be transpiring.

A couple examples of short and sweet, no emotions, no picking sides, no accusations, no siding with "friends".

The two sides aren't going to be happy anyway, Art can cut his losses and avoid doing any further free work, Mark can get his stock back, and life goes on.

Why drag it out?? crazy

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by ColdBore
Why drag it out?? crazy

In a word: Spite

- or maybe he is being "artful" smile

Save an elk, shoot a cow.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have to admit "artful" has been the most entertaining choice of words on this abomination of a thread.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
[/quote] maybe he is being "artful" smile [/quote]
As in Artful Dodger.

IC B2

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Or Artful Codger.

I'm just guessing, but I think splattersmith is pretty "artful" as in having had his fill of "art".

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

I have an almost identical situation going with another stockmaker I found on the Campfire, Claude Gatewood. He has a large chunk of instrument grade fiddle back maple (enough for two stocks). He has my deposit and refuses to return my wood. He did return my barreled action.

I won't bore you with all the emails and phone calls, suffice it to say; Never have any dealings with Claude, the Fraud, Gatewood.

All I want is my beautiful wood back, he can keep my deposit.

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I wouldn't jump on Splatter like he's a troll and I wouldn't accuse Art of being a thief either.

Both seem to be good guys, just need to iron it out.

It does crack me right the [bleep] up when others come charging in, not knowing WTF has went on between the two and start making accusations.

A thread like this attracts the stupid in droves.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

What I can't understand about these two situations is why the hell doesn't the supposed businessman simply return the stuff and be done with it?

Anyone who has been in business for any length of time will have unhappy customers. It is best to get these situations taken care of quickly and quietly. To let them rage on the internet, especially on a forum specifically serving your future customers, is just plain stupid.

Makes me wonder if these "businessmen" have any comprehension of how to run a successful business.

Sitka may be the best stockmaker in the world but you can BYSA I would never use him and that goes double for Claude the Fraud.

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by JohnMoses
It does crack me right the [bleep] up when others come charging in, not knowing WTF has went on between the two and start making accusations.

A thread like this attracts the stupid in droves.

This whole thread reminds me why I stick to the other parts of the forums, this whole thing ain't nobody's business but the two people involved.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Haven't seen the stock in the Classifieds yet :grin

[Linked Image]
"Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened."

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

I think it is everyone's business. I wish someone had told me about Claude the Fraud.

www.paracay.com

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
I'm blaming Bush and the Unions for this mess.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Spanokopitas

I think it is everyone's business. I wish someone had told me about Claude the Fraud.

+1

FVA Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sometimes when you get started into a job you never should of took on via good deed you almost have to finish it, at least to a point to give the owner back a semblance of what he brought you. I wouldn�t doubt that this is a position Art might be in and pissed at what he was given and that he got himself into this position.
I can understand the OP�s frustration but will continue to think highly of Art regardless of how this turns out. As always I reserve the right to change my opinion.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Powerguy

You see, now that's just ignorant. Everybody knows it was Cheney who masterminded the whole deal.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
I always hate to see threads like this. Especially when it involves members I admire. At this point, I only see a single side to the story ... and I hate rushing to judgement without all facts, and when others do so. What I do know is that Sitka Deer is rather generous with his time and knowledge on this forum. I agree with isaac on how this was handled. Publically calling out a man for a thief is strong language, although I can understand the frustration of scant communication and time involved. I hope there is still a way these two gentlemen can resolve this ... as gentlemen.

Best.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by Powerguy

You see, now that's just ignorant. Everybody knows it was Cheney who masterminded the whole deal.

SSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I've followed this from the first thread and I don't believe there is a satisfactory outcome for either party. If it were my stock, I would let it go and chalk it up to experience. There comes a time when the grief involved is no longer worth it. I've learned more expensive lessons than a few hundred dollars for a stock.

I expect that both parties have decided that there are some people whom they no longer wish to deal with.

He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.

- Albert Einstein
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

I have been in business for many years and can assure everyone that when a customer is unhappy we will do just about anything to make him happy. I really don't care whose fault it is.

Nothing is more damaging to a business than someone badmouthing it to the public. I cannot understand why Sitka doesn't ship the stuff back. He has now had 10 pages of mostly negative comments. I doubt anyone who read this string would take a chance on doing business with him.

www.paracay.com

Page 5 of 31 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 30 31

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

523 members (1badf350, 10gaugeman, 1eyedmule, 1lessdog, 12344mag, 1234, 51 invisible), 17,945 guests, and 1,306 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,955
Posts18,539,564
Members74,052
Most Online20,796
04:44 PM

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.