Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 31 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 30 31
V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by jolintaxidermy
hey, you bear hunters, etc....quit hijacking the post.

joe

Right.

No hi-jacks allowed unless you're gonna talk fishing... wink

GB1

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Don't forget cable!

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by rattler
Originally Posted by Spanokopitas

I don't want to spend $5,000.00 to get back $1,000.00. You can BYSA these thieves are well aware of the economics involved.

Have you done business with The Fraud?

ive spent $3000 to [bleep] with a guy ive gotten $20 out of so far.....if yah want the wood hire a lawyer or go bust the [bleep] door down and get it back

I am not dumb enough to do either, you seem to be.

I've hired many attorneys over the years and I know very well when not to waste a lot of money to gain little. The thieves also know this that is why they can get away with this crap. You will notice he did return my barreled action. I guess he not dumb enough to risk a firearms charge.

I read Sitka's response and it certainly sounds reasonable. However I still cannot understand why he didn't simply return the stuff and be done with it. This is damaging his business.

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Maybe it's because he wants to finish what he started, you know, some people are just that way.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I don't want to spend $5,000.00 to get back $1,000.00. You can BYSA these thieves are well aware of the economics involved.

ive spent $3000 to [bleep] with a guy ive gotten $20 out of so far.....if yah want the wood hire a lawyer or go bust the [bleep] door down and get it back

I've hired many attorneys over the years and I know very well when not to waste a lot of money to gain little. The thieves also know this that is why they can get away with this crap. You will notice he did return my barreled action. I guess he not dumb enough to risk a firearms charge.

I read Sitka's response and it certainly sounds reasonable. However I still cannot understand why he didn't simply return the stuff and be done with it. This is damaging his business.

nah took the [bleep] chit for 7 years without saying a damn thing till he dug a hole to deep to get out of, then i cut my lawyer a check and said "sic'em".......all it would have took is him keeping his word to the girls just once out of the hundreds of lies and i woulda shrugged off the bullchit....

Last edited by rattler; 03/28/11.

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
IC B2

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Art

FWIW, I have a similar let me help you scenario... its a kudu head to mount. Guy gave me a form another guy butchered but expects me to use it. The hide was tanned God knows where, full of holes....

End result... I finally bought a GOOD cape and whenever I have spare time I"ll order a new form that isn't butchered and when he gets it, it'll be worthy of the time spent on it.

I feel for ya. And its things like this that irritate folks on either side.

Since the above kudu I have basically refused any welfare type work. He could not begin to pay me what the mount will be worth after trying to no avail to salvage the first attempt....

As far ruining business, hearing Arts side only makes me want to like wood stocked guns so I can give him some business...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by isaac
It's clique, Einstein.

grin

Sounds like one of those lawyers who vetos undesirable prospective jurors with "preemptory" challenges.

(And, I assume, swears to uphold and defend the Constipation of the Uncited Slates.)

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[quote=Spanokopitas]

nah took the [bleep] chit for 7 years without saying a damn thing till he dug a hole to deep to get out of, then i cut my lawyer a check and said "sic'em".......all it would have took is him keeping his word to the girls just once out of the hundreds of lies and i woulda shrugged off the bullchit.... [/quote

for some the accumulation of dollars is at the very top of their list as to what's important to them.

for others, the same is down the list of what they place value upon.

that you fall into the latter category surprises me not at all, rattler

that some don't get that, sadly doesn't surprise me either

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
This thread is waaayyy past due for some girlie pics!

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Originally Posted by Ken Howell
Originally Posted by isaac
It's clique, Einstein.

grin

Sounds like one of those lawyers who vetos undesirable prospective jurors with "preemptory" challenges.

(And, I assume, swears to uphold and defend the Constipation of the Uncited Slates.)

==============

About 4 years ago I posted something about one of my peremptory challenges and you were quick to point out that I was maybe one out of every ten lawyers who you saw get it right.

You can't expect non-litigation attorneys to focus on that one.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

IC B3

G
gbp Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
""This thread is waaayyy past due for some girlie pics!""

shamelessly stolen from sh, just to lighten the mood

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Now we talking wood!

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
FVA Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
[quote=Bulletbutt]Since this has now been aired for everyone to see, I just hope it gets resolved in a manner that lets everyone know how it's resolved. The last one of these situations left me in limbo as to the integrity of the smith, and until I know how he handled the situation, I will never trust him, or recommend him,. I don't like that because he may be a heck of a good guy and may have settled things quite satisfactorily. [/quote

Don't worry how this is resolved. Art is a known quantity here, in the plus.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by MadMooner
This thread is waaayyy past due for some girlie pics!

FINALLY an intelligent post!

Save an elk, shoot a cow.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

nah took the [bleep] chit for 7 years without saying a damn thing till he dug a hole to deep to get out of, then i cut my lawyer a check and said "sic'em".......all it would have took is him keeping his word to the girls just once out of the hundreds of lies and i woulda shrugged off the bullchit....

My only response to that is; Good on you.

My little snit with Claude the Fraud does not arise to the level of your problem. I'm not going to throw good money after bad. Maybe someday he will see the light and send me my wood. I'm not the only one he screwed.

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 2muchgun

Jack Belk? Mr. "Expert witness". I can't believe you sent that POS anything............

It wasn't the smartest thing I've ever done, that's for certain.

Brian.

"You set your own goals for success, and when you succeed it don't necessarily mean that you're going to be a big star or make a lot of money or anything. You'll feel it in your heart whether you've succeeded or not." - Roy Buchanan
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
It really doesn't matter who was right or wrong, or any of the details. I don't understand why Art doesn't just ship it back and wash his hands of this mess. Then they could both move on...

Rost: I also don't understand why you would eat the cost of a replacement cape and a form. Saying "no" to potential business is a smart move sometimes. I have a couple customers that I will not do future taxidermy work for. Learned that there are easier ways to make money than dealing with a dickhead. I had a customer that I did several mounts for, and everytime payment was due, he would try and short me $50. I now refuse to do anything for him, good riddance.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I don't know why I'm really responding to this but Splatter- I wouldn't have posted all of these PMs here either. I consider the phrase, "Private Messages," a "contract" of sorts.

I won't make any suggestions to Art because I don't have his side of the story but what I would suggest to you, and I'm not claiming any moral superiority here, is take the high road, chalk it off to experience, and forget about it.

At worst, if what you say about Art is true, you've made a much bigger mess of it, and not helped him (at least knowingly) or yourself at all; and if you are at least partly to all wrong, you've slandered him and reflected very, very poorly on yourself in the process.

Better to walk away before any wounds are made bigger. Some issues are more than just dollar amounts particularly within a community such as the 24HCF.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd

I don't know why I'm really responding to this but Splatter- I wouldn't have posted all of these PMs here either. I consider the phrase, "Private Messages," a "contract" of sorts.

I won't make any suggestions to Art because I don't have his side of the story but what I would suggest to you, and I'm not claiming any moral superiority here, is take the high road, chalk it off to experience, and forget about it.

At worst, if what you say about Art is true, you've made a much bigger mess of it, and not helped him (at least knowingly) or yourself at all; and if you are at least partly to all wrong, you've slandered him and reflected very, very poorly on yourself in the process.

Better to walk away before any wounds are made bigger. Some issues are more than just dollar amounts particularly within a community such as the 24HCF.

Sitka deer posted his side earlier in this thread. Go back a few pages and you'll find it.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
I'm assuming it's because the stock is in the process of becoming something of value and would be worthless if shipped back in it's current repaired and refurbished state.

I sure wouldn't ask Doug Turnbull to return my stock half way into the job...and I'm actually paying for it.

William Arthur Ward

Page 9 of 31 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 30 31

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

568 members (222Sako, 219 Wasp, 257_X_50, 10gaugemag, 264mag, 12344mag, 64 invisible), 2,041 guests, and 1,254 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,075
Posts18,521,731
Members74,024
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.