Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 31 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 30 31
V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by isaac
I'm assuming it's because the stock is in the process of becoming something of value and would be worthless if shipped back in it's current repaired and refurbished state.

I sure wouldn't ask Doug Turnbull to return my stock half way into the job...and I'm actually paying for it.

Holy crap...

Bob actually made sense.

GB1

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Doesn't matter what state it is in. Sounds like Splatter doesn't care about the prepayment, he just wants his wood back. Easy solution, ten minutes with a box and some tape and the drama is over.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Originally Posted by VAnimrod
I'm assuming it's because the stock is in the process of becoming something of value and would be worthless if shipped back in it's current repaired and refurbished state.

I sure wouldn't ask Doug Turnbull to return my stock half way into the job...and I'm actually paying for it.

Holy crap...

Bob actually made sense.

=============

I used small words for you.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Spanokopitas
Originally Posted by rattler
Originally Posted by rattler

ive spent $3000 to [bleep] with a guy ive gotten $20 out of so far.....if yah want the wood hire a lawyer or go bust the [bleep] door down and get it back

I am not dumb enough to do either, you seem to be.

I've hired many attorneys over the years and I know very well when not to waste a lot of money to gain little. The thieves also know this that is why they can get away with this crap. You will notice he did return my barreled action. I guess he not dumb enough to risk a firearms charge.

I read Sitka's response and it certainly sounds reasonable. However I still cannot understand why he didn't simply return the stuff and be done with it. This is damaging his business.

nah took the [bleep] chit for 7 years without saying a damn thing till he dug a hole to deep to get out of, then i cut my lawyer a check and said "sic'em".......all it would have took is him keeping his word to the girls just once out of the hundreds of lies and i woulda shrugged off the bullchit....

My only response to that is; Good on you.

My little snit with Claude the Fraud does not arise to the level of your problem. I'm not going to throw good money after bad. Maybe someday he will see the light and send me my wood. I'm not the only one he screwed.

actually its pretty much the same.....either put up the cash to solve the problem or quit beotching......i was [bleep] over by a gunsmith on here but unless someone asks bout the [bleep] you dont see me whining bout it, hell havent seen a post in regards to that [bleep] in a number of years.....sucked it up took my loss and i dont beotch bout it cause i decided it wasnt worth the plane trip to Texas to put the rifle up his arse sideways.....

Last edited by rattler; 03/28/11.

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
There's anudder fifteen minutes I ain't never gonna recoup, plus I ran outta popcorn part ways through this particular adaptation of War'n Over A Piece.

Glad SD finally responded. Good to "hear" both sides. Also glad most of the fidiots that felt compelled to chime-in, were already on ignore. ;O)

Have had my share of customer relations snafus over the years and they've taught me one thing: If my initial feeling is that the customer might could be a jackass...run the hell away and don't look back. So my glitches have thankfully been few and of short duration.

Bad deal all around, hope it works out?

If three or more people think you're a dimwit, chances are at least one of them is right.
IC B2

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Doesn't matter what state it is in.
=============

Of course it does.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I read Sitka's response and it certainly sounds reasonable. However I still cannot understand why he didn't simply return the stuff and be done with it. This is damaging his business.

If he was going to return the stuff, he should have done it before touching the chisel to the stock. Art admitted that his mistake was starting the work in the first place. In doing so, he quickly discovered that installing the cartridge trap is going to take a whole lot more work than originally thought. The stock needs to be re-shaped & refinished in order to make for a professional looking installation.

If he "simply" returns the stuff now, he he'd be returning a stock with the work partially completed. That would reflect very poorly on Art, because no matter what condition the stock was delivered to Art, the incomplete work will be forever touted as "his" hack job. The only way out is for him to complete the installation and return stock in the condition he originally said he would. That is exactly what Art said he would do, and he went one step further and said he'd do it for free......hardly the actions of a thief.

As for the delay - do you work best when your wife nags you to do something, or do you procrastinate? When continually hounded, do you do your best work or do you just rush through it to get her off your ass? Now, for fun, change my reference of "wife" to "child" and watch a person's patience for nagging/whining drop exponentially.

Thoroughly enjoying Alaska since 2001.
V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by DanInAlaska

If he was going to return the stuff, he should have done it before touching the chisel to the stock. Art admitted that his mistake was starting the work in the first place. In doing so, he quickly discovered that installing the cartridge trap is going to take a whole lot more work than originally thought. The stock needs to be re-shaped & refinished in order to make for a professional looking installation.

If he "simply" returns the stuff now, he he'd be returning a stock with the work partially completed. That would reflect very poorly on Art, because no matter what condition the stock was delivered to Art, the incomplete work will be forever touted as "his" hack job. The only way out is for him to complete the installation and return stock in the condition he originally said he would. That is exactly what Art said he would do, and he went one step further and said he'd do it for free......hardly the actions of a thief.

As for the delay - do you work best when your wife nags you to do something, or do you procrastinate? When continually hounded, do you do your best work or do you just rush through it to get her off your ass? Now, for fun, change my reference of "wife" to "child" and watch a person's patience for nagging/whining drop exponentially.

DING! DING! DING!

Winner!

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
My God, since when did dicking with a piece of wood become such a big deal? People act like Art is restoring a 68 Shelby or something.

J
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by VAnimrod

Holy crap...

Bob actually made sense.

Sean,
Don't do that! You will just encourage him!

Johnny $

“My horn is full and my pouch is stocked with ball and patch. There is a new, sharp flint in my lock and my rifle and I are ready. It is sighted true and my eyes can still aim.”
Kaywoodie
IC B3

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
attaboy!

William Arthur Ward

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Unlike most here, I've actually seen the piece of wood in question. He's actually trying to make a '68 Shelby out of some popsicle sticks & a barn hinge. grin

Thoroughly enjoying Alaska since 2001.
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by DanInAlaska

Agreed! Sitka being compared to a thief is like someone breaking and entering a house to vacuum and dust. No self respecting professional would do a half azzed job.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Agreed! Sitka being compared to a thief is like someone breaking and entering a house to vacuum and dust. No self respecting professional would do a half azzed job.
==============

It used to be that the concept of doing such wouldn't be beyond the comprehension of a good many folks. I was way off on that.

William Arthur Ward

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I don't know nothing about anything going on here,...but I've known Splattermatic for several years via another forum and he's universally considered a "good guy" by the membership there.

I've personally purchased a stock off of him, and he went to great lengths to describe every tiny fault on it, and if anything, exaggerrated its flaws far beyond their significance.

Lots of selling and trading goes on at the other forum, and if somebody does a bad deal, they get hammered pretty good for it.

I've never heard of any problem that anyone had with Splatt concerning a transaction.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
I don't know nothing about anything going on here
==========

You should have stopped there.

William Arthur Ward

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I don't know nothing about anything going on here
==========

You should have stopped there.

The difference between me and you is,..you don't know [bleep] about it either,...but you're bending over backwards to stick your face in the middle of it.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Now it's clear you don't know anything.

William Arthur Ward

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by gbp
""This thread is waaayyy past due for some girlie pics!""

shamelessly stolen from sh, just to lighten the mood

[Linked Image]

I are distracted...

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Now it's clear you don't know anything.

So take 2 seconds and tell us everything you know,...knothead.

Page 10 of 31 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 30 31

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

536 members (17CalFan, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 19rabbit52, 10ring1, 53 invisible), 2,110 guests, and 1,246 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,086
Posts18,521,930
Members74,024
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.