Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
okok Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
My least favorite sport, could really care less.

Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does.
GB4

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Care about what?

Someday I hope to be the person my dogs think I am . . .
The only true cost of having a dog is its death.
Someone once said "a nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves."
Shiloh Sharps . . . there is no substitute.
NRA Endowment Member
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
the guy i work with was all giddy. i on the other hand could careless.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
i put 1,000 bucks on the dbacks winning their divison

One who is a vegetarian is not living life too the fullest.
S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
My son is fired up and loves Baseball... (he is 9) i enjoy it as well... much better than any basketball game.... and any pro football game....

The worst thing ever to happen to cops is the personal video recorder... Now people can see the truth
IC B2

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
For me, the local High School and American Legion is where it's at. If there was college baseball close by, I would be up for that too. MLB lately seems to be a contest on who can put the biggest fat-azz on the mound.

This is God's universe, and he has a plan. You might think that you have aa better plan, but you don't have a universe.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
very excited will always be a baseball fan!

EVERYBODY is pro-gun, some just don't know it. When an anti-gun person is in trouble, the first thing they do is call 911 and demand that they send somebody with a gun!

"Turdlike".... in record time

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
More to watch my son play in high school than anything else. Twords the end of the season i have been known to sneek down the right field line with a well consealed beer and some peanuts. When the weather is nice there is nothing i would rather do than watch a ball game outside.

Deserve's got nuthin to do with it- Willam H Munny
U
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
U
we've got a decent Adv-A team here in Ogden (on a gorgeous field)

alums: Prince Fielder, Ben Sheets, Russel Martin, Cory Hart

we also have a decent AAA team in SLC (on the only field better than Linquist, IMO)

alums: David Ortiz, Todd Walker, Torii Hunter

tix are cheap and you can sit right next to the dugout and talk to the players.... wink

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I don`t care about baseball until Sept just before the playoffs begin. If my teams are in or close to getting in, then I watch. If not, there are other things to do.

For right now,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,GO LAKERS (which they`re doing quite well).

28 Nosler,,,,300WSM,,,,338-378 Wby,,,,375 Ruger

IC B3

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
The pros--who cares. I love playing catch with my 10 year old and watching him pitch.......

Grammar is important.
Capitol letters are the difference between "helping your Uncle Jack off a horse" & "helping your uncle jack off a horse".
J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
Even though I played some pro ball, I really could care less about most of MLB today. I'm no fan of all the Latins, roids, and that "never enough" attitudes nowadays. I am a big fan of Matt Holliday though, and , BTW......he had emergency appendectomy this morning and will be out a while.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
O
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
Baseballs popularity will continue to dwindle as more and more of us old guys are gone. In the "modern" age with computers, video games, 24 second clocks and games governed by a clock or "Sudden Death" overtime, baseball is outdated.

It hurts me to say this, but as a former Little League, Pony League, Babe Ruth League, High School and Semi Pro player I see the trends in our society and baseball is shrinking. Most of the star Major League players now come from third world countries.

I love baseball. I also coached my son for 8 years, the best years of my life. The game of Major League Baseball has hurt its self by losing a generation of kids due to caving in to the TV networks scheduling. Having games so late that kids can't stay up and watch them...so they don't and they don't miss them. The other major sports cater to the younger people, while baseball turns their nose up at them.

Baseball is a great game, a humbling game, a game where the individual has to work as part of a team, but also "go to bat" for him/her self. It's a great game to teach kids how to succeed in life.

Yesterday was the best day of the year for me and my son, Opening Day. Although he's grown and has his own life, we talked last night on the phone about baseball.

I�m afraid that fathers and sons in the future won't have this great game to bond with and enjoy together. Baseball and hunting keep my kids and I close - both are in danger. Ovis_Chaser

okok Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Good post! I really hate the DH in the American League. Edgar Martinez in the best DH of all time, but I don't think he should ever be in the HOF. Now days if starting pitchers make it to the 7th inning they're applauded and it's a big accomplishment. crazy

Last edited by okok; 04/01/11.

Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does.
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
I'd rather have bamboo shoots run underneath my fingernails than watch sports of any kind.

mad

J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
I care, but rarely have had the time in the past 20 years. I do prefer to play it more than any other.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Don't "care" as much as I once did, but the Phils pulled out the opener today in the bottom of the ninth, with good old fashioned scratchin' and clawin', to come from behind, tie it and then win it.

It's the kind of baseball my grandpap would've appreciated.

Most of my participation is in shooting, reloading and hunting. But I watch NASCAR, the Phillies and the Steelers. I do not watch much TV hunting crap.

If three or more people think you're a dimwit, chances are at least one of them is right.
byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
6 strikes (think that's right) in my lifetime. No thanks!

But if there was one team it would be Go Braves!!

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
My family go hooked on Baseball when my son started playing it... (he is 9) Then we made the mistake of going to a local AA league game... The Tennessee Smokies who are a farm team for the Cubs... MAN WHAT A BLAST... 10 bucks a head... dollar hotdog night and generally always sit within the first three rows.... awesome fun for family and friends....

this year we are even having his birthday party there.... he gets to throw out the first pitch... we are taking 36 people with us, food for them, field level seats, he throws out the first pitch, the stadium sings Happy birthday to him, he gets to announce a few batters who come up to plate on the PA system and a cookie cake.... for under $500 dollars.... not bad for a night out of entertainment and party for our son with 36 people..... and they have fireworks after the game.... Minor league baseball is awesome.... (but we still like the majors as well)

The worst thing ever to happen to cops is the personal video recorder... Now people can see the truth
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Where have you gone Joe DiMaggio, our nation turns its lonely eye to you.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

628 members (160user, 007FJ, 12savage, 12344mag, 10ring1, 1936M71, 67 invisible), 2,110 guests, and 1,345 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,909
Posts18,479,473
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.