Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by scenarshooter
[Linked Image]

My North Face VE25 up on top. I've owned it for more that 30 years and it sure has served me well. I figured it out one time and I've spent more than 400 nights in it over the years...going to be using it again here in a few days..There's nothing like a bombproof shelter to crawl into after being out all day in the mountains..

Looks like a VE24... I should know, got mine in 1979. Still have it. VE25 came some years later.

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
GB1

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
[Linked Image]

Gorgeous, just gorgeous. .......

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Greenhorn
Nothing more funny than jubilant dink photos, especially if you do the Chuck Adam's special.
[Linked Image]

Laffin...now there is a classic, Looks like a B&C gopher!

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Big ones that got away....but at least we have proof!!!!
Mid 80s buck that I'm pretty sure would have nudged the Muzzleloader state record. Hunter missed him four times from the same spot @ 125-140 yards. He actually shed tears.
[Linked Image]
Gagger Coues buck 115++ that we stalked all day to get a shot at.... hunter missed at 200 yards. I wanted shed tears!
[Linked Image]
Big 380s bull. We were making a move on this bull when he decided to bugle one more time alerting another hunter who stumbled into him. Guy shot 7 times within 150 yards to kill him. My tears again!
[Linked Image]

"I used to be a tired hunting guide, now I'm just a re-tired hunting guide"

"No eternal reward will forgive us now, for wasting the dawn" JM

Jared
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
NM...whoa, those are some incredable misses, reminds us all on the need to prepare so we can make the best of opportunities.

Reminds me of a buck from my past...have to see if I can find a picture.

IC B2

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
damn nice muley. be nice to see the other side. it's a nice hunting picture.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
great pic's there dog hunter. was that a woof?

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by Sendero_man
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Oh you make me feel so good. my first bow bull we found at dark and gutted then overthe ridge and down the steep leading the horses after dark to camp at timberline. we returned the next morn and had it skinned before remembering to take pics. i'm ashamed to show them.

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
damn pistol, did that big buck come from the southern half of nm. i saw one similar one time on the circle cross 30 years ago while bowhunting.

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
[Linked Image]
The old homestead..
[Linked Image]
Tuckered out after a long day of goat hunting.
[Linked Image]
We shared a great day.....My friend, Scott made a really nice one shot kill on this buck with his .270.
[Linked Image]
Scanr, is that you relegated to a wheelchair? As a doc and fellow hunter i'm sorry to see that and wish a great hunter good fortune. thanks for the great pics. rc

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by eyeball
Originally Posted by Sendero_man
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Oh you make me feel so good. my first bow bull we found at dark and gutted then overthe ridge and down the steep leading the horses after dark to camp at timberline. we returned the next morn and had it skinned before remembering to take pics. i'm ashamed to show them.

same with both of those.. taken right at dark in grizz country. no time for pics until the next day. still have great memories of that hunt !! had nothing but saddle blankets for cover and slept 8 miles from camp. Hunt of a lifetime !

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Greenhorn
Nothing more funny than jubilant dink photos, especially if you do the Chuck Adam's special.
[Linked Image]

LOL---And what may I ask is the Chuck Adam's special?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Here is a picture of a net B&C mule deer as we walked up to him

[Linked Image]

And this is one of my favorite camp pics from a bear hunt 3 years ago in WY

[Linked Image]

And my hunter snapped this picture as I kneeled down to look at this buck for the first time on a plains hunt 2 years ago. This buck had 18 scoreable points

[Linked Image]

Last edited by huntsonora; 05/12/11.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by eyeball
[Linked Image]
The old homestead..
[Linked Image]
Tuckered out after a long day of goat hunting.
[Linked Image]
We shared a great day.....My friend, Scott made a really nice one shot kill on this buck with his .270.
[Linked Image]
Scanr, is that you relegated to a wheelchair? As a doc and fellow hunter i'm sorry to see that and wish a great hunter good fortune. thanks for the great pics. rc

He's one of my old buds from Bozeman, where I used to live. He owns a shipping service store over there. I was always mailing and shipping from there and we got to be friends. Great guy who loves to hunt....a damn good shot too!..

Luck....is the residue of design...
[Linked Image]
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Stud bucks Drum, that Sonora buck.....WOW! Hey, is Henderson the camp bouncer, crowd control guy or what? smile

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Stud bucks Drum, that Sonora buck.....WOW! Hey, is Henderson the camp bouncer, crowd control guy or what? smile

Naw, Dan is always the camp "fluffer" grin

That was a great hunt though!

The Sonora buck is one of my favorites! I thought it was a cool pic, we had literally just walked up on it, the deer was just taking his last breaths and we had not even touched his antlers yet.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Shocked
Campfire Outfitter
F
Ula, that looks like Dan Henderson on the left there.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by firstcoueswas80
Ula, that looks like Dan Henderson on the left there.

It is, that's why I said what I said about crowd control, etc.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I really put the "mohican sneak" on this guy. wink
Smile for the camera... grin

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by archie_james_c
I should have just
bought a [bleep] T3...

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
My all time favorite is of someone's little boy with his deer . He is making antlers with his hands beside his head. I tried to find it to link to it wasn't able to. Great photo.

Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

265 members (10gaugemag, 41rem, 348srfun, 264mag, 12344mag, 160user, 32 invisible), 1,773 guests, and 1,097 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,090
Posts18,522,048
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.