Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
KC Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker

Just got back from a hunt near Kake. Here are some photos. Everyone got something.

Joe was the first to score when he called in this wolf.
[Linked Image]

Then I got this guy. It's small but it has a real pretty coal black coat, no rubs. It will look nice under the pool table.
[Linked Image]

Josh got this one the same day that I got mine. It's bigger than mine and it has the same beautiful coat.
[Linked Image]

Tim got the nicest one. It measures about 70" from the tip of the nose to the base of the tail.
[Linked Image]

We had a great time. Joe is going back this fall.

KC

Wind in my hair, Sun on my face, I gazed at the wide open spaces, And I was at home.

GB1

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Awesome KC! I'm leaving on Saturday and I can't wait. What did your skulls measure???

KC Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker

taylorce1:

I didn't bother to measure the skull on mine and I don't think any of the other guys measured theirs. I guess we just didn't think it was very important.

KC

Wind in my hair, Sun on my face, I gazed at the wide open spaces, And I was at home.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
It weren't....

Good to see a wuff.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
It doesn't really matter just wanted to compare the big boy to my previous one. I like the wolf as well, hoping I can call one in as well while I'm up there next week.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Woke up early to tie up some Feesh Riggin' and saw this and appreciate the chuckle,as Bear Season never ain't not hilarious.

Pretty sad when a Woof trumps the "Bears"...and points is always awarded for soaking wet Rats,laying in the ditch alongside the road. Though the humor associated with the Rubbed Rat,isn't to be totally discounted by default.

Only thing missing,is a Humpie.

Wow............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Big Stick
....as Bear Season never ain't not hilarious

Never ain't not .... wow is right... a triple negative!!!... with English like that I figured you were from Arkansas... or Mexico...

And stated as such, I find it odd that in the end... (canceling two of the negatives out,) we are left with the fact that you find bear hunting to never be funny yet you are chuckling...just psychosis leading you to laugh when something is not funny??

I find your mastery of the English language ain't never not funny... now that is worth a laugh.

Andrew
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
At least he knows a rat when he sees one. English lessons are gay.

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
In the spirit of Good Sportsmanship, I generally try not to pizz on someone else's parade. Sometimes I try harder'n others.

WTH, I wasn't there? Nothin' much to sneeze at, for a 70" bear and a nice wolf.

If three or more people think you're a dimwit, chances are at least one of them is right.
BW Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Really gents... those first two are just way too small. You can't travel all the way to SE Alaska, and shoot the first thing you see.

But, a good adventure is not defined by the trophy only. If a good time was had by all, and no laws were broken, then it's a success.

On the bright side, taxidermy bills are going to be very cheap for a couple of you.

Brian

IC B3

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
And folks wonder why Guide Only happens for non-residents.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
should be able to pass as a fox if you just tan the hide and hang it on a nail on the wall....might save you from some awkward moments

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Geez these guys are catchin' schitt for shooting what was obviously the bear of their choice...

How come I don't catch this much Krapp when I shoot a dink deer????

Oh, wait a minute.....I catch more krapp than this...

That's how come...... grin

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
They are fortunate Stick has only posted once...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by lovemy99
Originally Posted by Big Stick
....as Bear Season never ain't not hilarious

Never ain't not .... wow is right... a triple negative!!!... with English like that I figured you were from Arkansas... or Mexico...

And stated as such, I find it odd that in the end... (canceling two of the negatives out,) we are left with the fact that you find bear hunting to never be funny yet you are chuckling...just psychosis leading you to laugh when something is not funny??

I find your mastery of the English language ain't never not funny... now that is worth a laugh.

WooHoooooo!...Bear Season brings out ALL the Window Lickers and for some reason compels them to feign clues,in regards to the matters they know the least about. My Engleesh has no peer,nor do my Bear sizing abilities and I'm hoping you are dumb enough to tackle one,if not both.

Just gettin' home,so am easing into the Cast & Blast,but as per usual,yesterday didn't suck. Found myself releasing Trout that exceed the "Bears" pictured and curiously enough,passed a solid 7-footer that was flawless in all regards. His saving grace? Baby Boy is visiting Grandfolks with Sister and Big Momma,or he'd of received a 62TSX outta the BBMF. Luckily for Yogi,my videocamera's "record" button wouldn't actuate,or I'd of given him a 162 A-Max in the cheerio at 30yds,if only for posterity. In fairness,I wear out alotta cameras.

He'd of not dried All Time B&C,but he'd of Grossed it. Didn't schlep my long lens in on the Cursory Recon,but did affix same for the trek home and had a 6.5-footer at spittin' distance. Pardon my handholding 1/30 at 200mm focal length in very last light and the 6400 ISO...but it's an inkling.

Trout(gotta be clear for DSMFer Window Lickers).

[Linked Image]

Rat(much beeger than the Soaking one and the Rubbed one both).

[Linked Image]

MUCH looking forward to your "Tutorial(s)",frosted copiously with your "experience" and "knowledge",accumulated in the "firsthand"...so give it a whirl Toots. Points awarded for pics of ANY Bear you've sluiced,though it's gonna be another long/awkward silence.

You go girl!

As an aside,I'm all ears about the "nuances" associated with Kake................(grin)

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Hunting off the road near Kake isn't easy. I tried it a couple of times while I was hunting on my boat out of Kake, but it wasn't nearly as productive. The logged out sections are all overgrown and the bears are very difficult to spot. The bears there are pretty wise to the sound of a vehicle too, especially the big ones. Sows and cubs were all I ever saw off the road.

The good news though, is that a 70" bear is pretty average for that area and if you hold out a 7' bear can be had. Just cruise the coast and you'll see some really nice bears.

"Beware the man with only one gun; he may know how to use it."
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by BigStick
passed a solid 7-footer that was flawless in all regards. His saving grace? Baby Boy is visiting Grandfolks with Sister and Big Momma,or he'd of received a 62TSX outta the BBMF.

I'm looking forward to seeing Juggie riding that one in a similar manner to his doggie ride of yore. smile

BBMF? Damn decoder ring is missing again. a little hep?

The lollipop rifle don't never not crack me up. wink

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Mike
Guessing I can help you out on the "MF" part, "if only obviously." grin

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Thanks.

If only...

Draw me a picture. wink

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by ironbender
BBMF? Damn decoder ring is missing again. a little hep?

A picture's worth a thousand words...
[Linked Image]

Follow the link to the full size photo if you can't read the writing.
BBMF pic

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

585 members (160user, 17CalFan, 222Sako, 219 Wasp, 219DW, 007FJ, 59 invisible), 2,258 guests, and 1,263 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,281
Posts18,486,813
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.