-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 11 12
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've never seen a gay looking hat so I couldn't say. All I have is a handmade replica of an original 19th century Confederate soldier's hat.

But if you ride your Can-Am to one of the large gay rallys that Can-Am riders attend you should be able to get the Rump Ranger special hat that you're so fond of.

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing 1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~
GB1

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Swampman700
The new Fudge Packer limited edition Can-Am will be out soon.

Costume included?
[Linked Image]

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Mink
In all seriousness, what would the bene's be to a Can-Am vice a Goldwing trike or HD Trike?
.........Read my long azz post? Or maybe try doing some research between the 3-wheeled Can Am stance with 2 wheels in the front and one @ the rear, vs the 2 wheelers and the Harley trikes with 2 wheels in the rear and one @ the front?

Sorry boys! Because of motion physics as related to road characteristics and the features that the Can-Ams have in traction control, in stability control, braking features, and because of its 3 wheeled stance or footprint on the road (2 front wheels; one rear), there is no 2 wheeled Harley, no 3 wheeled Harley trike, no 2 wheeled Goldwing or any other 2 wheeled bike on the planet earth that will out slolem, out stop, out manuver or out corner the Can-Ams. The physics simply say no.

3 wheels on the ground with a much wider front footprint of two wheels in the front will win every time over a conventional 2 wheeled bike or the Harley trike. Much easier for a 2 rear wheel and one in the front Harley trike or a 2 wheeled bike to tip over and lose control if a curve is either taken too fast or in the event of an emergency manuver.

As Charlie the Tuna was always told,,,,,,,,,Sorry Charlie!

28 Nosler,,,,300WSM,,,,338-378 Wby,,,,375 Ruger

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
They started up legalized civil unions here in Illicagonausea and I heard that the first half dozen or so arrived on Can-Ams. They're offering an AWD version next year for the Subaru crowd.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I've never seen a gay looking hat so I couldn't say. All I have is a handmade replica of an original 19th century Confederate soldier's hat.

But if you ride your Can-Am to one of the large gay rallys that Can-Am riders attend you should be able to get the Rump Ranger special hat that you're so fond of.
...Well Swampo! In case you`re wondering, my ass has always and is,,,,only used as an exit hole.

So if anyone gets any ideas, I`ll just have to kindly stop `em.

IC B2

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by MagMarc
The new Fudge Packer limited edition Can-Am will be out soon.

Costume included?
[Linked Image]
.......Looking forward to your expert design!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There are quite a few of them up here, must be a 1/2 decent machine.

I'm not trying to equate them with the official ride of the rainbow warriors, but I just can't understand what the appeal is??? If 3 wheels are better than 2, and one is after greater stability, traction control, comfort, etc, why not go with 4 wheels and a soft top sports car? I'm having a hard time believing some sensors and a computer are going to keep you on the road if you take a corner too fast, weather you have 2, 3 or 4 wheels.

If it's the riding experience one is after, you remove as many complications and modern conveniences as possible and pare it down to you and the road.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by levrluvr
They started up legalized civil unions here in Illicagonausea and I heard that the first half dozen or so arrived on Can-Ams. They're offering an AWD version next year for the Subaru crowd.
..........Oh yeah! Please keep me posted. I`ll look for the same out here in So Cal.

I may have to stay out of Northern Calif though. Those wierdos up there may hi-jack my Can-Am.... laugh

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This should be the only color they come in...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Can-Am Inspiration..!

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
While the Spyder isn't that appealing to me I will note that a similarly designed 3 wheeler pulled some incredible G's on the R&T skidpad.
There are handling benefits to the Spyder's design and although they don't look that good to me they are in all ways vastly superior to the more conventionally designed trikes out there.
I'd like to try one some time.

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
IC B3

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Pete E
Still trying to think of something gay-er than a CanAm but so far no luck. I mean there's gotta be something........

Well, here's a clue..

[Linked Image]

"Wonky",..ain't no other word to describe it.

If the word "wonky" had yet to be implemented into the English language, it would have occurred at the first sight of that hat.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
C'mon guys, they look like a snowmobile with tires.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by 458 Lott
There are quite a few of them up here, must be a 1/2 decent machine.

I'm not trying to equate them with the official ride of the rainbow warriors, but I just can't understand what the appeal is??? If 3 wheels are better than 2, and one is after greater stability, traction control, comfort, etc, why not go with 4 wheels and a soft top sports car? I'm having a hard time believing some sensors and a computer are going to keep you on the road if you take a corner too fast, weather you have 2, 3 or 4 wheels.

If it's the riding experience one is after, you remove as many complications and modern conveniences as possible and pare it down to you and the road.

Well, to answer your question, I do have an `011 Shelby GT500 convertible. 4 wheels on it as as I recall... LOL! The Can-Am is different.

What do 4 wheeled sports cars have on the sides?.....Doors and fenders.

In essense what the Can`Ams do, is offer the rider that same open air motorcycle feel, just as though one were riding on a 2 wheeled motorcycle. But because of its 3 wheeled stance, one gains nearly the same stability and other qualities as you get with a car.

It`s a combination open-aired motorcycle and a car wrapped into one.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
do they make a mower deck for it?

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by T LEE
C'mon guys, they look like a snowmobile with tires.
........Kinda does at that!

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I decide to do a little reading up on the can am. This a review from the first site I hit when I googled it....

"At first glance, one might not know what to make of the Can Am Spyder. It�s sort of a �reverse trike�, the wheels are fairly close in size: two 14� tires in the front, (yes, in the front!) and one 15� tire in the back. It almost looks like a recreational vehicle; as if they mounted a jet ski or a snowmobile on top of three wheels then called it a motorcycle. All I know is that never before have I been on a bike that attracts this much attention! Riders of every brand would stop me at intersections and ask me what it was, what it cost, and where to get one. Abercrombie clad, suburban teenagers came out in droves to say how cool it was. And from every building I walked out of, I would find men circling it in the parking lot. If dogs and babies are �chic magnets�, Spyders are bonified �dude magnets�."

Now really guys,...does that sound the least bit gay to you?.... confused

whistle whistle

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by tndrbstr
I decide to do a little reading up on the can am. This a review from the first site I hit when I googled it....

"At first glance, one might not know what to make of the Can Am Spyder. It�s sort of a �reverse trike�, the wheels are fairly close in size: two 14� tires in the front, (yes, in the front!) and one 15� tire in the back. It almost looks like a recreational vehicle; as if they mounted a jet ski or a snowmobile on top of three wheels then called it a motorcycle. All I know is that never before have I been on a bike that attracts this much attention! Riders of every brand would stop me at intersections and ask me what it was, what it cost, and where to get one. Abercrombie clad, suburban teenagers came out in droves to say how cool it was. And from every building I walked out of, I would find men circling it in the parking lot. If dogs and babies are �chic magnets�, Spyders are bonified �dude magnets�."

whistle whistle...........

.....The review forgot to include the gay guys. That`s discrimination! I`m disappointed!

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by levrluvr
do they make a mower deck for it?
.......When they do, I`ll come over and cut yer grass ther,,,,,,,BIG BOY!.....How abouts a wink wink.... wink wink

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by bigsqueeze

.....The review forgot to include the gay guys. That`s discrimination! I`m disappointed!

I thought the last three sentences just about coverd all the bases!.... grin

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by bigsqueeze

I thought the last three sentences just about coverd all the bases!.... grin
.......I didn`t see the word "gay" though. Perhaps a few in the crowd.

Page 5 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

218 members (673, 06hunter59, 2ndwind, 10Glocks, 1badf350, 29aholic, 34 invisible), 1,610 guests, and 1,043 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,976
Posts18,519,854
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.