-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 12 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 11 12
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You already had your mind made up. They look like $hit. They are dangerous. They are gay....

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing 1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~
GB1

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by Beprepared
i have never read a such a long post full of absolutely useless crap posted by people with absolutely no clue whatsoever what they they are talking about

2 entire pages of people talking trash about something they know precisely NOTHING about

i asked for information from people with EXPERIENCE... instead i got several pages of word vomit....

[Linked Image]

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by funshooter
I am waiting for the day that they start reporting that inexperienced riders are getting thrown off of them becouse they do not know how to handle them going fast around a corner.

They look scary to me
......And who`s fault would that be? And what you state can also be very easily done, in fact much easier on a 2 wheeled bike.

When you have some evidence, post it.

28 Nosler,,,,300WSM,,,,338-378 Wby,,,,375 Ruger

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by bigsqueeze
I am waiting for the day that they start reporting that inexperienced riders are getting thrown off of them becouse they do not know how to handle them going fast around a corner.

They look scary to me
......And who`s fault would that be? And what you state can also be very easily done, in fact much easier on a 2 wheeled bike.

Ummm, sorry Mr. Can-Am. But anybody that rides knows a bike is about as safe as it comes in regards to getting "thrown off". That's why I start my kids out on two wheels and not four or (for [bleep] sakes) three.

Travis

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by deflave
If that long winded post was an effort to make these things sound cool you failed miserably....

Travis
..............Well Good! Because I wasn`t trying to be cool and frankly don`t give a rip that I failed miserably by your estimation.

Besides, it wasn`t by my wind which created that long post. And you could always be somewhat creative and use that round circular device attached to your mouse to either ignore that long post or maybe even choose not to read it??.... grin

No need. I'm not bothered by it. But you were obviously expounding on how great these machines are. You just coated it with sarcasm.

Travis
............I own one! Not speaking here like I don`t know what the hell I`m talking about. You and others post from ignorance, where at least I post from experience and plenty of research. I also have talked with other Can-Am owners who HAVE owned regular bikes, WHO have themselves said that they are great. And you have done what??

Sarcasm? Call it what you want.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

They could be the finest machine made by man, and I'd still be ashamed to be seen on one, without a full face tinted shield helmet. Then get on and off it somewhere that no one knew me.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by 700LH

They could be the finest machine made by man, and I'd still be ashamed to be seen on one, without a full face tinted shield helmet. Then get on and off it somewhere that no one knew me.

Dad?

That summed it up for me!

Travis

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Ummm, sorry Mr. Can-Am. But anybody that rides knows a bike is about as safe as it comes in regards to getting "thrown off". That's why I start my kids out on two wheels and not four or (for [bleep] sakes) three.

Travis

I've been riding my whole life and I'll say that I've been on the ground riding my KTM 250EXC and my GasGas 321 TXT trials bike a WHOLE bunch more than when riding my Prairie 650 quad.
Thrown OFF isn't what I'd call it exactly but I've surely been thrown DOWN a whole bunch while riding dirt bikes.

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B

They look scary to me

Travis
.....Telegram to Mr. Travis. If someone were to get thrown off of any bike, it`s because they were either forced off the bike by getting hit or they lost control. Any Can-Am rider can get hit and be thrown off. Not saying they couldn`t.

However, conventional bikes and trikes, if given the same identical road conditions were to lose control, the rider is more apt to get thrown off the bike, whereas on the Can-Am far less likely to be thrown because of the features they put into them.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B

..............Good! Wouldn`t want you ashamed! I feel purdy good on one!

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If the Spyder is as fun to ride as I think it would be I wouldn't give a damn what anyone else thought of me for riding it.

Wouldn't have a problem getting out of a Caterham 7 either.

I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Beprepared
i have never read a such a long post full of absolutely useless crap posted by people with absolutely no clue whatsoever what they they are talking about

2 entire pages of people talking trash about something they know precisely NOTHING about

i asked for information from people with EXPERIENCE... instead i got several pages of word vomit....
...See what UUUU started!!!! LOL!.....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

..............Good! Wouldn`t want you ashamed! I feel purdy good on one!

Yep, but then you live in Anaheim. Isn't that where Disney Land is?

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Come on bro. A bike MAKES you lean. It's natural. Not so much on a quad. I think you know what myself and others mean when they say "thrown off".

But yeah, a fella can still eat schit on two wheels no doubt.... grin

Travis

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by nsaqam
If the Spyder is as fun to ride as I think it would be I wouldn't give a damn what anyone else thought of me for riding it.

Wouldn't have a problem getting out of a Caterham 7 either.
.......Agreed. Where some would would never find their azzez on a Can-Am, I wouldn`t be caught dead in one of those POS little "Smart" cars.

There`s always something that people would never see themselves riding in or on.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

They look scary to me

Travis
.....Telegram to Mr. Travis. If someone were to get thrown off of any bike, it`s because they were either forced off the bike by getting hit or they lost control. Any Can-Am rider can get hit and be thrown off. Not saying they couldn`t.

However, conventional bikes and trikes, if given the same identical road conditions were to lose control, the rider is more apt to get thrown off the bike, whereas on the Can-Am far less likely to be thrown because of the features they put into them.

I hope you enjoy whatever the [bleep] that thing is they call a Can-Am.

Laters,
Travis

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Come on bro. A bike MAKES you lean. It's natural. Not so much on a quad. I think you know what myself and others mean when they say "thrown off".

But yeah, a fella can still eat schit on two wheels no doubt.... grin

Travis
......Well I suppose if ya don`t lean too damn far that everything will be fine. As with all driven vehicles, its up to the operator to know his limitations and the ride he`s on!

As far as losing control and getting thrown off, 3 wheeled stances (with two on the front) is superior. That`s simply the way it is brudder.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Travis....I do! And plan to enjoy my [bleep] Can-Am even more.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'm lucky enough to have wrenched, and herded a couple of these,....as well as their four wheeled brethren.

Certainly somewhat less "Gay", if that at all

....talk about flat haul azz around a CORNER,.....fun, too,....once one becomes accustomed to kinda' being the tail on a happy dog.

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Have had the pleasure of watching those old JAP engined Morgans fight it out on the racetrack several times.
Looks like a lot of fun.

Page 7 of 12 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

188 members (450yukon, 673, 06hunter59, 2ndwind, 10Glocks, 69sportfury, 27 invisible), 1,495 guests, and 1,014 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,976
Posts18,519,864
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.