Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by bigsqueeze
Originally Posted by tndrbstr
............I own one! Not speaking here like I don`t know what the hell I`m talking about. You and others post from ignorance, where at least I post from experience and plenty of research. I also have talked with other Can-Am owners who HAVE owned regular bikes, WHO have themselves said that they are great. And you have done what??

Sarcasm? Call it what you want.

Have you ever owned a two wheel motorcycle yourself?..If not, then discounting others opinions on comparing the two based soley on the fact that they have never owned the canam is kind of redundant don't you think?
...........Redundant? Don`t think so. I know guys that own motorcycles, talked with many others who have, who they themselves HAVE purchased a Can-Am. Interestingly, THEY don`t think its gay at all. How about that!

You don`t need to have ever physically owned a 2 wheeled motorcycle in order to know what the differences or road characteristics are between them vs a Can-Am. It is very simple to discuss with them and compare their many years of riding experiences on conventional 2 wheeled bikes vs their more recent experience riding on Can-Ams.

So no, that`s not redundant.

LOL,...My comments was made because you on one hand, never having owned a motor cycle, contiualy insist you know what your talking about when comparing the two...but on the other hand, You are saying that others who haven't owned the canam can't possibly know what they are talking about when comparing the two....

What does all that really mean?..I guess it means you have two hands...you can do the gay wave from either side.... laugh

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Can-Am was making MX and off road bikes in the mid to late 70's..there was nothing made at that time that could touch them.
There was a 250 MX that would leave your hair standing on end.
I'll bet that Spyder is a hoot...if you can keep it grounded.

When it comes to choosing friends....I'm at an age where I'd rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444
Originally Posted by ingwe
I'm secure in my masculinity...

[Linked Image]

Nice Tassels.!

Look how far you have to hang off this thing to take it thru a corner at a decent speed...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Yeah,...That Looks Stable.! Just what I'd want a non-experienced rider to have to do,...hang off the thing going into a curve with oncoming traffic...

Can-Am is comparable to a snowmobile or a bike with training wheels. Test rider says so. For those that don't want the Full experience of riding a bike.

..........Yep! I do have to lean my body more into the curves IF I take the curves at a higher speeds than normal.

And you`re going to tell me from that video, that his body is so far off that Can-Am when rounding the curves, that any body part will even come close to colliding with any on-coming traffic?? Yeah right! No part of his body ever exceeded or went beyond the widest part of that Can-Am and nether do mine.

Going through curves, a 2 wheeler bike and its rider must lean or tilt to one side, right? With the Can-Am, only the rider leans as needed depending on how fast he takes the curve.

It is kinda like a snow mobile on wheels. Training wheels or not, nanny technology or not, gay or not, or whatever else any criticisms may be, the Can-Am nonetheless offers me an open air ride just exactly like a regular motorcycle does, but with much better stability, stopping, and manuverability. Even former motorcycle owners of many years who now own a Can-Am will tell say exactly the same thing.

Call it gay, NAMBLA (good one there Great Wapoopie), or any other so called gay nickname you wish. And I`ll bet that there won`t be one time where I will ever take a spill off of it, whereas the odds of taking spills or losing control are usually greater for the far "less gay" looking 2 wheeled manly machines?

28 Nosler,,,,300WSM,,,,338-378 Wby,,,,375 Ruger

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
And I`ll bet that there won`t be one time where I will ever take a spill off of it

Don't get too confident, that's when accidents happen... wink

the far less gay looking 2 wheeled manly machines?

There,..you admit it.! That didn't hurt did it.?

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Training wheels or not, nanny technology or not, gay or not, or whatever else any criticisms may be, the Can-Am nonetheless offers me an open air ride just exactly like a regular motorcycle does,

And THAT is all that matters. Ne need to apologise for that...
...Cruise what ya choose...
...I'll stick with 2 wheels.....

IC B2

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
............I own one! Not speaking here like I don`t know what the hell I`m talking about. You and others post from ignorance, where at least I post from experience and plenty of research. I also have talked with other Can-Am owners who HAVE owned regular bikes, WHO have themselves said that they are great. And you have done what??

Sarcasm? Call it what you want.

Have you ever owned a two wheel motorcycle yourself?..If not, then discounting others opinions on comparing the two based soley on the fact that they have never owned the canam is kind of redundant don't you think?
...........Redundant? Don`t think so. I know guys that own motorcycles, talked with many others who have, who they themselves HAVE purchased a Can-Am. Interestingly, THEY don`t think its gay at all. How about that!

You don`t need to have ever physically owned a 2 wheeled motorcycle in order to know what the differences or road characteristics are between them vs a Can-Am. It is very simple to discuss with them and compare their many years of riding experiences on conventional 2 wheeled bikes vs their more recent experience riding on Can-Ams.

So no, that`s not redundant.

LOL,...My comments was made because you on one hand, never having owned a motor cycle, contiualy insist you know what your talking about when comparing the two...but on the other hand, You are saying that others who haven't owned the canam can't possibly know what they are talking about when comparing the two....

What does all that really mean?..I guess it means you have two hands...you can do the gay wave from either side.... laugh

......On this thread, I have based my knowledge on WHAT BOTH current and former motorcycle owners "WHO ALSO" own Can-Ams have said.......THEY ARE "ONE" IN THE SAME!..Got it?

I`ll probably feel more comfortable doing the gay wave with my left hand.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D

[Linked Image]

Nice Tassels.!

Look how far you have to hang off this thing to take it thru a corner at a decent speed...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Yeah,...That Looks Stable.! Just what I'd want a non-experienced rider to have to do,...hang off the thing going into a curve with oncoming traffic...

Can-Am is comparable to a snowmobile or a bike with training wheels. Test rider says so. For those that don't want the Full experience of riding a bike.

Well, we've all been having a fine time bustin' balls here, haven't we? Funny how some threads just degenerate that way here on the 'Fire. Bigsqueeze, don't take it personal. It's just the Campfire, and balls will get busted. laugh

Now, I really appreciated this video review of the pros and cons of the Can-Am Spyder. As I suspected, the handling characteristics are more like a sled than a bike, which is not something I'm personally looking for. But I also agree with the guy when he says this vehicle will attract a lot of people who can't ride a 2-wheeled cycle comfortably or safely, but they still want to ride. More power to 'em, I say. I have friends and patients whose strength, balance, or agility has been compromised by health issues to the point where a 2-wheeled ride isn't in the cards any more. But this innovative trike could be a ticket for some of those folks to ride again, and that is never a bad thing.

I for one won't have a problem giving Can-Am riders a wave when we pass on the highway.

The reviewer says, "... a true motorcyclist will be disappointed in the Spyder when compared to his 2-wheeled bikes...", and after observing him riding it hard on the track, I am inclined to agree. You have to "hang some ham" in tight corners to compensate for the inability to lean. Not my cup of tea. Also, "...The active steering control is like having your mom--or a nanny--on the seat behind you."

So, for the record, I vote against the "gay" label on this sucker. After all, if we're gonna do that, we're on a slippery slope that can only end in calling Bristoe "gay" for riding a Bergman and drinking Ketel One.
laugh

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
And I`ll bet that there won`t be one time where I will ever take a spill off of it

Don't get too confident, that's when accidents happen... wink

the far less gay looking 2 wheeled manly machines?

There,..you admit it.! That didn't hurt did it.?
Accidents always happen for sure. Through no fault of my own, if someone hits me then they hit me. But when it comes to losing control and taking a spills due to road conditions (slick wet roads), weather, avoiding something or someone and so on, the odds are greatly reduced on a Can-Am.....Sorry! Those are just the facts and not my own facts either.

I`d rather be safer and look gay-er to some or to all vs that manly 2 wheeled motorcycle look with greater odds of being mamed for life or dead.

I only admitted "less gay 2 wheeled manly machines" as a polite form of sarcasm.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by DocRocket

[Linked Image]

Nice Tassels.!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Well, we've all been having a fine time bustin' balls here, haven't we? Funny how some threads just degenerate that way here on the 'Fire. Bigsqueeze, don't take it personal. It's just the Campfire, and balls will get busted. laugh

Now, I really appreciated this video review of the pros and cons of the Can-Am Spyder. As I suspected, the handling characteristics are more like a sled than a bike, which is not something I'm personally looking for. But I also agree with the guy when he says this vehicle will attract a lot of people who can't ride a 2-wheeled cycle comfortably or safely, but they still want to ride. More power to 'em, I say. I have friends and patients whose strength, balance, or agility has been compromised by health issues to the point where a 2-wheeled ride isn't in the cards any more. But this innovative trike could be a ticket for some of those folks to ride again, and that is never a bad thing.

I for one won't have a problem giving Can-Am riders a wave when we pass on the highway.

The reviewer says, "... a true motorcyclist will be disappointed in the Spyder when compared to his 2-wheeled bikes...", and after observing him riding it hard on the track, I am inclined to agree. You have to "hang some ham" in tight corners to compensate for the inability to lean. Not my cup of tea. Also, "...The active steering control is like having your mom--or a nanny--on the seat behind you."

So, for the record, I vote against the "gay" label on this sucker. After all, if we're gonna do that, we're on a slippery slope that can only end in calling Bristoe "gay" for riding a Bergman and drinking Ketel One.
...............You sir, are amongst some of the more mature posters on this thread......

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
But when it comes to losing control and taking a spills due to road conditions (slick wet roads), weather, avoiding something or someone and so on, the odds are greatly reduced on a Can-Am.....Sorry! Those are just the facts and not my own facts either.

The fact is... thats your onboard NANNY thats keepin the reigns on you...
If you ever decide to "cut the apron strings" you will never look back....

IC B3

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by DocRocket

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

...............You sir, are amongst some of the more mature posters on this thread......

Don't hold my disability in the sarcasm department against me... my feelers might get hurt.
laugh

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D

[Linked Image]

Hey, Poobah!! I got a really nice Subaru Forester for sale, should go well with that headdress...
laugh

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
But when it comes to losing control and taking a spills due to road conditions (slick wet roads), weather, avoiding something or someone and so on, the odds are greatly reduced on a Can-Am.....Sorry! Those are just the facts and not my own facts either.

The fact is... thats your onboard NANNY thats keepin the reigns on you...
If you ever decide to "cut the apron strings" you will never look back....

.....The fact is, that all the std so-called on board nanny features it has, I like. Don`t hold your breath waiting for me to cut the apron strings and never look back. wink

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I have a serious question. Assuming proper health and a desire for the "open air" feel. WTF is so complex about operating a motorcycle?

Travis

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Well boys! Gonna hit the road for awhile and head down to San Diego. Have a friend down there who has a Harley motorcycle and wishes to see my new Can-Am. His wife will not ride with him on the motorcycle. If she likes the Can-Am, he`ll buy one so they both can ride.

Nice day today for an open air ride.

If anybody waves hi who appears to be gay, I`ll let ya know!......LOL!

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Have fun. Don't tip over.

Travis

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by deflave
I have a serious question. Assuming proper health and a desire for the "open air" feel. WTF is so complex about operating a motorcycle?

Travis
...I have a serious answer which you should have already known if you read all my posts!

Aside from being hit by another driver thru no fault of my own, a 3 wheeled stance which has 3 wheeled disc brakes w/ABS on the two fronts, a much wider front tire footprint, where when stopped there`s no need to place any feet on the ground, when there is built in electronic traction control for wet roads and built in stability control for emergency manuvering, (those nanny features), you have something which will out stop and out manuver conventional 2 wheeled bikes, along with the much reduced odds of losing control.

Also, the Can-Ams in many respects are more user friendly aka; 5 spd electronic semi-auto trans w/no clutch is one example, and that I don`t have to place either foot on the ground when stopped is another.

Has nothing to do with how complex or the lack of complexity that conventional bikes have. It`s a matter of having more safety and what I feel more comfortable on when in traffic or on the open road.

And on another thread which I started right after I took delivery of my Can-Am, I admitted to having a built-in deathly fear of 2 wheeled motorbikes. Many years ago, I had two very close friends killed while using their bikes many years ago. Ironically, there were no other vehicles involved in both accidents.

The Can Am simply gives me the same open air motorcycle feel. And because of its different design with the 3 wheeled stance plus the other safety features, I can now bridge that fear, be confident and content with doing some open air riding just as though I were truly on a 2 wheeled motorcycle. The Can Am bridged that gap for me.

I really cannot explain things any better than that.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by funshooter
I am waiting for the day that they start reporting that inexperienced riders are getting thrown off of them becouse they do not know how to handle them going fast around a corner.

They look scary to me
......And who`s fault would that be? And what you state can also be very easily done, in fact much easier on a 2 wheeled bike.

When you have some evidence, post it.

I did not Bash the Can Am.
My piont was given by the test driver in the video. An inexperianced driver my not lean into the corner and could be troughn off the bike on a two wheeled bike you tend to fall down and yes slide for a very long time if you are lucky enough not to hit something that stops you. Been there done that toooo many times myself. But I personaly would rather slide than be launched.

My opinion was they scare me. I have been riding for over 30 years on 2 wheels and also have a quad in the dirt the quad is great and I do not like riding it on asphalt that too scares me but at least you can slide the back end around on the quad the Can Am looks to be to computer controled to allow that.

Again I am not bashing the Can Am just voiceing my opinion.
To each his own I could care less about what others think of me

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by deflave
Have fun. Don't tip over.

Travis
......Don`t worry. Because unless something strikes me hard and forces me to tip over,,,it cannot tip over.

If I were to lets say take a curve too fast, the sensors would take over by quickly reducing the engine`s RPM and quickly slowing down the rear wheel RPM down, which in turn slows the Can-Am down. So even if I tried tipping the thing over rounding a tight curve, the darn thing wouldn`t let me.

Hey! Nice try though! But I`ll do my best not to tip over!

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
......Don`t worry. Because unless something strikes me hard and forces me to tip over,,,it cannot tip over.

If I were to lets say take a curve too fast, the sensors would take over by quickly reducing the engine`s RPM and quickly slowing down the rear wheel RPM down, which in turn slows the Can-Am down. So even if I tried tipping the thing over rounding a tight curve, the darn thing wouldn`t let me.

If you trust "drive-by-wire" long enough it will let you down.

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

74 members (375sunrise, 257robertsimp, 10Glocks, 338reddog, 35, 35WhelenNut, 11 invisible), 860 guests, and 861 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,977
Posts18,519,901
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.