Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 11 of 23 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 22 23
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
DPhillips,

Wait, what??? You need that scope (6-24x72) on a 12lb rifle chambered for 30-378AI with a bipod attached to shoot cloverleaf targets at 200 yards?

Are you cross-eyed?

You are the perfect person for me to ask. I have been wondering something and maybe you can answer.

Why do you try to belittle folks who have nice stuff? Meybe your answer is the same as others would be.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
GB1

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Originally Posted by DPhillips
Originally Posted by Magnumdood
Originally Posted by RDFinn
How does that thing shoot ?

Like a dream. It shoots Berger 210 VLDs and Barnes 200 grain LRXs into little holes at 100 yards and clover leafs 'em at 200.

Wait, what??? You need that scope (6-24x72) on a 12lb rifle chambered for 30-378AI with a bipod attached to shoot cloverleaf targets at 200 yards?

Are you cross-eyed?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't remember him saying he built his rifle to please you.....grow up!

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
[quote=Ackleyfan]
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't remember him saying he built his rifle to please you.....grow up! [/quote

Right on....!

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Like a dream. It shoots Berger 210 VLDs and Barnes 200 grain LRXs into little holes at 100 yards and clover leafs 'em at 200.

Are you cross-eyed?

Nope.

Care to detail what groups are at distances you have such a rig for? Most anybody can cloverleaf 200 yd groups with a Leupy 4x on a featherweight factory rifle (take your pick). Much easier to carry, if in pursuit of anything but paper too... Hang around, you might learn a thing or two. Or not...

An honest man's pillow, is his peace of mind... JM
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Ringman
DPhillips,

Are you cross-eyed?

You are the perfect person for me to ask. I have been wondering something and maybe you can answer.

Why do you try to belittle folks who have nice stuff? Meybe your answer is the same as others would be.

I can't remember anytime that I have ever belittled anyone for having nice stuff. But, if they claim to be an expert on 200 yard targets with a 72mm objective and a 24x scope, something seems a bit obtuse, doesn't it?

I couldn't care what anyone shoots, but all the chest thumping of lugging such a rifle, chambered for such a cartridge, with such skills, well, let's say I'm less than amused. I wouldn't lug a 12 lb rifle anywhere for anything, and unless solely punching paper, I'd never consider a Hubble sized objective.

No, I ain't Stick, but Alaskans tend to actually use their firearms instead of dream of what they COULD be used for...

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Ackleyfan

Are you cross-eyed?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't remember him saying he built his rifle to please you.....grow up!

Exactly right. But don't claim to know what works, when it is a handicap. I'll never build a rifle to suit anyone by myownself. But I try to not influence everyone to do the same, unless someone is being stupid or ridiculous, which might be a hint...

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I can't remember anytime that I have ever belittled anyone for having nice stuff. But, if they claim to be an expert on 200 yard targets with a 72mm objective and a 24x scope, something seems a bit obtuse, doesn't it?

I never claimed to be an expert at shooting�ever.

I couldn't care what anyone shoots,

Then why�d you open your big mouth to begin with?

�but all the chest thumping of lugging such a rifle, chambered for such a cartridge, with such skills, well, let's say I'm less than amused.

I couldn�t care less, and I mean that, I could not care less that you aren�t amused; I don�t give a [bleep].

No, I ain't Stick, but Alaskans tend to actually use their firearms instead of dream of what they COULD be used for...

No, you ain�t stick, at least you have that going for you. I�ve noticed one common trait among most, not all, but most, of the Alaskans on this sight; most of you are keyboard bad azzes and mealy-mouthed azzholes. [bleep] off DPhilips.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Exactly right. But don't claim to know what works, when it is a handicap. I'll never build a rifle to suit anyone by myownself. But I try to not influence everyone to do the same, unless someone is being stupid or ridiculous, which might be a hint...

Find the post where I said anyone should build a rifle like mine. After you find that post, find the one where I said my rifle would put you at significant advantage hunting. Then find the post where I claimed to know what works.

Since I know you won�t ever find those posts why don�t you just STFU?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Care to detail what groups are at distances you have such a rig for? Most anybody can cloverleaf 200 yd groups with a Leupy 4x on a featherweight factory rifle (take your pick). Much easier to carry, if in pursuit of anything but paper too... Hang around, you might learn a thing or two. Or not...

Wish I could cloverleaf groups at 200yds with a featherweight and 4x leupie. I am going to hang around and learn me a thing or 2 grin grin

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Care to detail what groups are at distances you have such a rig for?

Care to detail how any of that is your [bleep] business?

IC B3

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C

I never claimed to be an expert at shooting�ever.

I couldn't care what anyone shoots,

Then why�d you open you big mouth to begin with?

�but all the chest thumping of lugging such a rifle, chambered for such a cartridge, with such skills, well, let's say I'm less than amused.

I couldn�t care less, and I mean that, I could not care less that you aren�t amused; I don�t give a [bleep].

No, you ain�t stick, at least you have that going for you. I�ve noticed one common trait among most, not all, but most, of the Alaskans on this sight; most of you are keyboard bad azzes and mealy-mouthed azzholes. [bleep] off DPhilips.

haha, yeah, us Alaska are "keyboard" bad azzes, yet we happen to punch a few tags.

You've got nothin in the hunting dept.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Calvin

And that affects you how...?

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Calvin

And that affects you how...?

It makes me view your opinion on any matter as worthless.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Because I'm not some Great White Hunter that invalidates my opinion on anything else?

Preposterous, that's an awful myopic view of the world. But it aligns nicely with someone who has kids at home, but will drop 4K in transportation fees just getting to his DIY hunting area.

Whoops...there goes little Johny's college fund!

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Yup..

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Back on ignore baldy. And, if you doubt, just try to PM.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Truth stings a little, eh?

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Because I'm not some Great White Hunter that invalidates my opinion on anything else?

Preposterous, that's an awful myopic view of the world. But it aligns nicely with someone who has kids at home, but will drop 4K in transportation fees just getting to his DIY hunting area.

Nice edit, btw.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
All the theory in the world cannot make up for real world results. Sad, ain't it?...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Magnumdood,

I will join you in the "ignore" feature. Only I am going with
DPhillips. This is the first thread I have noticed his posting and it will be the last of his I read.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Page 11 of 23 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 22 23

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

71 members (BALLISTIK, 6mmbrfan, 907brass, Akhutr, 7mm_Loco, 10gaugemag, 10 invisible), 1,476 guests, and 939 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,748
Posts18,495,222
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.