Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
GOEX and Pedersoli both booted Bridges for being a douche.

Here's Wakeman's history on the 'fire... last here in March of '08: http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/ubb/userposts/id/3448

GB1

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Bridges showed up here for a week or two also. Didn't stay long.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
On the first page of this thread, y'all were talking (arguing?) about something called a "Walker trigger". Is that the trigger that was designed and installed on the original Model 700 Remington BDL's?

If so, then I agree... it was a very dangerous trigger. It caused the M-700 to fire when the safety was taken off. It happened to my best hunting buddy and his older model Remington 700 BDL in .30/06. He had his M-700 fire a round as he removed the safety. He was so shocked that he tried it AGAIN... and, again, the rifle FIRED the round as he removed the safety!

This was prior to Remington admitting there was a "problem" and recalling the M-700 for a free new trigger installation. He paid to have his Pennsylvania gunsmith install a new, high-quality trigger on his M-700 BDL.

And the M-700 wasn't the ONLY Remington rifle that had such a trigger. The same friend just picked up a like-new Remington Model 600 in .350 Remington Magnum and the first thing his Tennessee (my friend moved his residence) gunsmith said to him was, "You need to send that little rifle BACK to Remington for a trigger/safety exchange! The gun isn't safe with that original factory trigger in it and Remington will replace the trigger and the safety free-of-charge!".

My friend just got the M-600 back from Remington... and he called to tell me that they did a beautiful job on the rifle and didn't damage or tear up his custom stock on the rifle when they cut a notch outta the custom stock in order to install the replacement safety.

Apparently, the Remington Model 600's also have a trigger problem which made them unsafe.

Jus' my 2 cents... smile

Strength & Honor...

Ron T.

It's smart to hang around old guys 'cause they know lotsa stuff...

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
I sit on my knees with my arms outstretched toward the heavens and cry to the gods to please deliver me and my pals from the likes of Swampy and Larry Root. Swampy wasn't dropped on his head when he was an infant, he was thrown across the room.

You guys deal with this idiot. I'm taking a three day weekend.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
smokepole;

Yep. I'll put Bridge's crap up next.

As for Larry Root and Swampy; Rick obviously doesn't care about them being here.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
There has never been a problem with the Walker trigger. There are plenty of liars that will tell you they didn't cause the AD by tinkering or failure to properly maintain.

You can keep changing the subject but you can't change the fact that spanish made muzzleloaders are dangerous.

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing 1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by VAnimrod
smokepole;

Yep. I'll put Bridge's crap up next.

As for Larry Root and Swampy; Rick obviously doesn't care about them being here.

+1000

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by Swampman700
There has never been a problem with the Walker trigger. There are plenty of liars that will tell you they didn't cause the AD by tinkering or failure to properly maintain.

You can keep changing the subject but you can't change the fact that spanish made muzzleloaders are dangerous.

Bullschit, on both.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You can change the subject, but you can't change the facts.

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Randy Wakeman didn't know Jack about muzzleloaders until he picked the brains of a bunch of knowledgeable folks on Huntamerica forums back in the late 90's. Most of his vast knowledge came from other folks experience and that's a fact. I was there and remember all the stupid, neophyte questions he asked back then. The man is a liar and a fake, plain and simple.

Not just HA there were others as well .
funny ??/ i dont know about you Blackhart , but i dont remember swampman being there ?
I also remember Wakeman threatening to sue many of us claiming copy write , after he used our information he gained , in his books .
I wish the old HA web site was still around . we could post proof to that

VA
Your list for some reason isn�t complete . I don�t see the thread containing the Pedersoli Information and resulting letter that I posted some where back .
In that thread , as I recall RW openly threatened to sue me hear on this forum for providing a link to one of his writings AND a quote which I gave him credit for .

but again maybe i missed it as just about every post that RW made , also had volumes of stupidiy from swampman or local Troll

Also Remington has had more problems then just triggers and shotgun barrels .
Remington also had a very big problem with rifle barrels . Most notably those with low 6 digit Serial # that were put on the O3A3. Thos dam things had a very common tendency to blow apart .
Granted that was fixed and only as far as I know , pertained to early war time production .

As to the triggers not killing anyone . Ahhhh sorry but I seem to recall that about 9 years ago here in Idaho there was a young man killed who was killed while hunting ,when his Rem went off .
Remington claimed he had modified the trigger and that it was shooter error .
But the 2 different local gunsmiths down in Boise who inspected the rifle for the ISP disagreed in court

Last edited by captchee; 06/17/11.

[Linked Image]
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Still changing the subject.....

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Yep, Toby Bridges made it a whole, whopping 18 posts; all of them being an azzhole: http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/ubb/userposts/id/24365

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by captchee
Randy Wakeman didn't know Jack about muzzleloaders until he picked the brains of a bunch of knowledgeable folks on Huntamerica forums back in the late 90's. Most of his vast knowledge came from other folks experience and that's a fact. I was there and remember all the stupid, neophyte questions he asked back then. The man is a liar and a fake, plain and simple.

funny ??/ i dont know about you Blackhart , but i dont remember swampman being there ?
I also remember Wakeman threatening to sue many of us claiming copy write , after he used our the information he gained , in his books .

VA
Your list for some reason isn�t complete . I don�t see the thread containing the Pedersoli Information and resulting letter that I posted some where back .
In that thread , as I recall RW openly threatened to sue me hear on this forum for providing a link to one of his writings AND a quote which I gave him credit for .

but again maybe i missed it as just about every post that RW made , also had volumes of stupidiy from swampman or local Troll

Detailing the dumbphuckitude of Wakeman, Bridges, Swampass, and Larry Root would take lifetimes.

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by Swampman700
You can change the subject, but you can't change the facts.

Nor can you.

The facts are that Remington has and had a problem with the Walker trigger, and the modern Spanish MLs are safe.

Additionally, it remains a fact that you are a collosal jackass, you're a liar and lack honor to back up the promise you made to Rick, and your ass ought to be long gone from here... long ago.

You bring nothing to the table any more, which is sad, as you do have a good base of knowledge when you don't resort to trolling constantly. Mark, you're a loss at this point, and it's self-inflicted.

Rick asked us to lay off of you, in exchange for you not being a jackass.

You failed, miserably.

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by captchee

I also remember Wakeman threatening to sue many of us claiming copy write , after he used our information he gained , in his books .
I wish the old HA web site was still around . we could post proof to that
Hey captchee, good to see you here ! It's nice to have others here who can vouch for the fact that what I've said is the truth ! It is too bad the old HA archives are gone as they'd surely prove what we've said here beyond a shadow of doubt. I do remember swampy being there, but for the life of me I can't remember what his handle was.

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Well, he's Mark Lewis, if that helps.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I thought he was Bob Williams back then . but have been told he wasnt .
there are alot of folks that go by swampman .
to the pint that i know a couple that changed thier user names . others do everything they can to make it clear they are not the same swampman that posts here .

[Linked Image]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That's good, because they post misinformation.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If Rick asked y'all to lay off then why didn't anyone lay off?

I did what I said I would do.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Why does anyone have to ask anyone ekse to "lay off" in the first place?

I bet your mommy had to walk you to school and watch you on the playground to make sure the other kids "layed off."

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

422 members (10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 160user, 1lessdog, 44 invisible), 13,811 guests, and 1,089 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,223
Posts18,543,887
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.