Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
B
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Just had to brag a bit, living here on the Hood Canal of Wa. ST we have access to some mighty fine sea food.
<br>Today I got a hankerin for some Oyster stew. So I made a pot full, you guys shoulda been here. Last night I went out to the family's oyster beds and found my self a dozen of the largest oysters I could find. We save the largest oysters just for Oyster stew. This morning I shucked these guys and a few extra smalls for breakfast. The big oysters I parboiled just enough to set the meat. The little ones went into an omlett, once the large oysters were removed from the hot water I cooled them off in cold water, mainly so they could be handled and one last search done for shell bits. Now I cut them up into half inch bits and placed them in a pot added chopped celery a quarter cube of butter covered in water and simmered for three hours added some fresh ground pepper and a quart and a pint of Half-Half simmered on low another hour and took from heat to let cool to a comfortable eating temp. added oyster crackers a little salt and eat. When served too hot you just cant taste the soup or stew in this case, that is why it is always better the next day.
<br>Now that oyster omlett there is good eats for the AM, just prep an omlett in the normal manner, fry up three or four or five or six... little oysters toss them in the middle of the egg fold over and its time to eat, add some good salsa and sour creme if you will. Just salsa for me. Also toss in some mushrooms if ya got em.
<br>Tommorow "RAZOR CLAMS" oh joy can't wait.
<br>
<br>Bullwnkl.

Money talks Bull [bleep] walks
Business as usual
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Bullwnkl
<br>Any allocation issues with indian claims to the family oyster beds? Seem to remember hearing about a judge giving half the oysters to the indians, even if they were on long held private property.
<br>
<br>Had a girlfriend a lotta years ago with a bed near Seabeck. Ate a lot of oysters back then;-)
<br>art

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sounds like good groceries winky. I'll pass on the sea food for breakfast though. Just not to my tastes though any other time I'm right there with you. If you are going to make " Manhattan" style chowder out of those clams I will wring your neck.
<br>BCR

Quando Omni Moritati
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Slobber, slobber [Linked Image] badger.

To anger a conservative, lie to him. To annoy a liberal, tell him the truth.

Promoted to Turdlike status 03/17/12

B
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Art our beach was not populated with native oysters, my grandfather and his brother seeded it in the 20's and records were kept. Ole gramps' brother farmed the beaches until his death in the late 60's. With the records showing this to be a planted and farmed beach, we keep it certified and harvested just enough to keep it on the tax roles as a sea food producing beach. This also keeps the Indians from laying any claims to our beach. And they could get shot at by my cousin, he's a bit crazy.
<br>
<br>Seabeck is just accros the canal and over younder hill, about 5 0r 6 miles as the crow flies.
<br>
<br>Boggy there is nothing wrong with seafood in the AM so long as it is warm, I just can't do cold fish unless it is raw or smoked. So buck up pal and be a real man eat that crappie raw for breakfast, you will get a new outlook on life...trust me[Linked Image]
<br>
<br>Bullwnkl.

Business as usual
IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Oh yeah Boggy I forgot to mention... Manhatton style clam chowder is FORBIDDEN on this part of the planet. It is a sacralidge to desecrate fine clams in such a manner, one may find ones self at the gates of Hadies for such a sin.
<br>
<br>Bullwnkl.
<br>
<br>RIDE ON

Business as usual
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Is there any clam chowder that is good to use them in? Sounds good, I love seafood, gee I will have to try and cross the border and head down that way, I am sure if I say Bullwnkl sent me, I would breeze through and have no problem.

"The 375HH is the greatest level of power you can get for the investment in recoil." (JJHack)
79s and losttrail, biggest waste of air.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Winky on the Manhattan chowder, thank God. I always knew you weren't a hethen. I didn't say there was any thing wrong with sea food for breakfast it just don't suit my personal taste. Don't particularly care for raw fish either unless it is cviche, that Mex way with lime juice and jalapenos. Now cold fried fish with a little honey-mustard on it is right tasty.
<br>BCR

Quando Omni Moritati
B
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
uhhh, what?[Linked Image]
<br>
<br>Bullwnkl.

Business as usual
B
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Bog Man would that be at McDonalds or Taco Bell where you find cold fish and Honey Mustard?[Linked Image]
<br>
<br>Bullwnkl.

Business as usual
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well Winky their recipe ain't too hot, I've tried it. What I meant was if you have some left over crisp fried filets they aren't too bad at all with honey mustard. Not cold exactly just room temp. [Linked Image]
<br>BCR

Quando Omni Moritati

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

127 members (160user, 35, 44mc, 7887mm08, 7x57Hunter, 10 invisible), 1,495 guests, and 924 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,758
Posts18,476,420
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.