Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by T LEE
Heck, I was 14 or so before I realized my name was Terry not DAMMITTERRY

I was 18 before I thought my name didn't start with dammit, some of us have a harder head than others. shocked

Back in the heartland, Thank God!

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Cacciatore
I will answer a couple of the questions asked to give a clearer picture.

Cacciatore does mean "Hunter" in Italian. It is not my name, but what my Italian buddies I met called me as a nickname when I lived there for a couple years for work.

My wife's name is Katherine (Kate). My name is Robert. I was named after my Dad's Dad. My middle name is Larry after my Dad. If I continue this trend, it may turn into a never ending cycle.
I would like to name him after my Dad, but my wife is a little unsure, so I am trying to get some options.

There have been some real good suggestions. I kind of like the sound of Rigby as well as someone suggested.

I am not looking for something goofy that my son will resent me for later, but I would like something strong and maybe even outdoorsy (not sure if that is a word).

Hmmmm ..... Have you considered taking a name from history? A famous explorer or leader? Or how about famous outdoor or gun writers? Characters from a hunting novel? Or big game guides or professional guides (like in Africa - like Finn Agaard for example? Or Zachery or Jedediah?).

Also, I forgot earlier that if you do name your son some common name like 'John' or 'Robert', etc. ..... be sure to spell the kid's name the NORMAL, COMMON way too!! My real-life first name has two "D's" in it and is FOREVER a pain-in-the-a## ALWAYS correcting people!!

If you were starting the name-search from scratch, I'd say name your boy a very MASCULINE and STRONG name like a CEO would have; John, Joseph, David, Kevin, Kyle, George, Thomas, etc. GOOD LUCK. wink cool

I
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I
Originally Posted by Pine_Tree
Have met some folks who named their first son Hunter and Fisher. And others with some of the suggestions like the above. It's cutesy when they're 2.

Thereafter it's a reminder that some folks aren't clear on whether God's given them children or pets.

Give him a man's name. Larry and Lawrence (and Robert) are all perfectly fine. I'd bet your family and hers both have many examples that he would be proud to pass on one day, instead of remembering that his very name is a gag.

+1

.....civilize 'em with a Krag
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Every generation has its popular names, some carry on to the next, some dont. My kids were born in the 21st century, their names are Finn and Talon. I have no regrets and their names are pretty tame compared to some kids I know.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Bart

IC B2

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

535 members (1badf350, 1minute, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 117LBS, 1Longbow, 59 invisible), 2,359 guests, and 1,331 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,164
Posts18,503,048
Members73,993
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.