Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 28 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 27 28
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by TexasPhotog
Originally Posted by logcutter

Do you think weight or boot choice matters to these guys that are in shape?

[Linked Image]

Jayco

I know guys in that line of work now and who have been in that line of work in the past. Boot choice and weight is something they consider carefully because they have so much gear to carry. They like anything that will help them move faster, including light weight boots. So yes, it does matter to those guys.

This is the funniest part of the thread.

Jayco posted a picture of his doll collection as if it would prove a point. grin

Do a search on 'Fake navy seal picture" and this will come up a million times.

Poor jayco, hard to be a cool kid when you're still playing with dolls. smirk

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have to admit the GI Joe doll pic does bring out a laugh everytime I see it. smile

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by ShootDogs
Originally Posted by Take_a_knee
Originally Posted by Winnie1300
Before I started PT with the recruiters I could barely walk a mile with my pack and rifle.

But after a few months I can run with my pack on and still get a six minute mile. Am I in great shape? No, most of my friends can do a even faster mile.

You are a lying SOB.

What evidence do you have that he can't do it?

I don't have a shred of evidence, but I still think he's a liar.

To start with, you don't post BS like, "I can run a mile with a pack in X min" unless that pack has some weight in it. If the pack weighs five pounds and you can run a six minute mile with it, you are still a bullshchittin' SOB.

SF ODA standard is to be able to cover multiple miles with a 45# rucksack, an M4, plus a fighting load and water, at a 14min/mile pace. For PT we often just did hard fast ruck marches with the #45 ruck and a camelback. There were quite a few studs who could run downhill and force march uphill for 4mi in under 40min. NO [bleep] BODY could cover a mile with that load in six minutes. There may be somebody who can do it, but I doubt it's him.

I also used to train guys getting ready for SFAS so I've operated a stopwatch a few times and observed what is doable. I have a pretty good BS detector when some internet commando tries to spray my a$$.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I think your definition of "pack" is different. He didn't claim to be carrying a full combat load, just "my pack"

"A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
With or without a pack, a six minute mile is still a frickin fast run... I'd like to know what he could do two, or three, or four, miles in.

The best race I ever did was the Mini Marathon in 1 hour 37 minutes. Without a pack...

“There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.”
ALDO LEOPOLD
IC B2

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
He amended it to 6:20 or 6:25. Before we check him at 2 or 3 miles, mebbe we better check that mile time, first. Ain't sayin' he can't do it, just sayin' the Reagan Rule is in effect: trust, but verify.

Exquisitely turdlike in all of his many manifestations!!

Resist much - obey little. Hayduke lives!

"30-06 guys don't worry about schit 'cause 30-06 guys don't worry....." 16bore

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have a book by Clay Harvey. He doesn't seem to like to carry anything over 6 1/2 pounds scoped. I have another book by Bob Hagel and he says todays hunters seem to lack the stamina to carry anything more than themselves into the woods. He seems to prefer 8-9 pound rifles. Me? I like 7 1/2 to 8 1/2 scoped. Makes them more steady for when I need to take an offhand shot than some wispy 6 pounder.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Take any flatlander and place them at altitude, and your going to see diminishing performance.

Give that same hunter a thin mat he can't rest well on, and a surrounding he is not accustomed to, change his diet, hydration requirements, and performance drops further.

Using the term reluctantly, most every athlete there is loses mobility with added weight.

Clinging to my God, and my guns!
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
*** You are ignoring this user ***
Toggle the display of this post

I'm sure it was just confirmation of what I already knew anyway, so I won't bother saying "huh?" cuz I didn't wanta hear it anyway...

L
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
****I am a puzzy and can't stand up for myself**** That's what the ignore button means to real men not afraid to tackle hard subjects.

Putting people on ignore,whomever they are,show that persons lack of backing up the facts..Never have in my life, have I put anyone on ignore,I can ignore them like a man,or prove them wrong!!!!

My choice, instead of the chicken chit method of running from the facts and the easy way out on the net,the Ignore Button.

Just my opinion..

Jayco

IC B3

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
*** You are ignoring this user ***
Toggle the display of this post

More of the same... huh I guess having you on ignore isn't that different from not having you on ignore?

L
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
See..Here are the facts about rifle weight and hunting...

First..Most people choose to carry way/way more than they need on a hunting trip,mostly because they have no idea or read it on the net.You do not need a 50# pack on your back..I never in all my years of hunting,wore a backpack...Don't need it....

Second..Those that whine about 16 ounces of rifle weight,what the heck do they do when they have to pack out Elk quarters????

A heavy wool jacket weighs more than anything your going put on your rifle and you don't need the dang thing..Why,you ask..I did over 40 years of logging and some in waist deep snow never owning a wool jacket I wanted to take to work and get ripped to threads...

Why does this thread bother some because it is a fact?

Just prove me wrong or ignore me,I could care less but I can back up my experiences....

Jayco

L
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
Facts are, and know one wants to listen,Fritos Corn Chips are one of the best fire starters out there and levis keep you dry and warm if there water proofed at the dry cleaners.....I used to snow ski in them because I couldn't afford ski pants not to mention the many years I worked in waist deep snow.

My off time was and is Fishing/Hunting/Huckleberry pick'n and just being out there..Not one Wal-Mart within 75 miles of my house nor a free-way within 200 miles...Never sat at a desk/peddled real estate or worked full time in a city over 3500 people...

We have one stop light in our town...Play is work and rifle weight is not now or ever an issue even as I age..If I can't carry a rifle around anymore,regardless of weight, I will quit hunting and check into a rest home...

Jayco

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

A heavy wool jacket weighs more than anything your going put on your rifle and you don't need the dang thing..

Just prove me wrong or ignore me,I could care less but I can back up my experiences....

Jayco

You just proved yourself wrong with your comment on the wool jacket. Wool is great as an insulator, keeps you warm even when wet, is quiet, etc.

But it's heavy, much heavier than other materials you can use for insulation.

So lots of guys wear a jacket made from synthetics, keeps 'em just as warm with less weight to lug around.

Just like lots of guys choose a rifle that weighs less. No sense carrying an 8 1/2-9 lb. rifle if you can carry one that does the same thing at 7 1/2.

"Manliness" has nothing to do with it.

If you want to measure your "manliness," measure the weight of the pack you can strap on your back and still negotiate the mountains, that's a much more accurate measure than what a single piece of gear weighs. You can get 'em pretty heavy with a good load of elk meat. Hell, anybody can tote a single piece of over-weight gear, that doesn't indicate more balls, just less brains.

Oh, almost forgot:

I never in all my years of hunting,wore a backpack......

Never wore a backpack, what, are you some kind of a puzzy?

A wise man is frequently humbled.

L
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
Base that on experience,Smokepole...

How many years have you hunted Elk with a centerfire rifle?

Show us your first with you in it....With a centerfire weapon...

Jayco

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Have I mentioned the callouses on my pecker where it drags on the ground?

"For some unfortunates, poisoned by city sidewalks ... the horn of the hunter never winds at all" Robert Ruark, The Horn of the Hunter

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

..I never in all my years of hunting,wore a backpack...Don't need it....

Second..Those that whine about 16 ounces of rifle weight,what the heck do they do when they have to pack out Elk quarters????

Jayco

Do you use a pack to pack out elk quarters?

I carry everything from 10 lb muzzleloaders to 6 lb rifles with a wide mix in between. None of them are hunt stoppers to me and I enjoy hunting with all of them. ...but 6 lbs is always easier to carry than 10 lbs...doesn't matter how good or poor your conditioning is.

L
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by exbiologist

Post the picture of your first Elk Stud....Your all fricken talk or you could,prove me wrong,if you can.

Just post the picture of your first Elk with you in it.

Jayco

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I can't post any pictures of me and my first elk with a rifle. I've only taken em with a bow. My bow weights 7lbs all up. Maybe I should strap weights on it!

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
L
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
I have been bow hunting for close to 40 years..I also have none taken with a bow..Owe well..

Just calling a few crude/gross loudmouth's bluff,and your not one of them.

They probably stole kids lunches in the past with descriptions of there "private parts" which puts them in the pedophilia class as exbioligist so masterly printed on a public inrernet where kids read...What a looser!!!

This is his quote....

Jayco

Page 6 of 28 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 27 28

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

225 members (673, 06hunter59, 2ndwind, 10Glocks, 1badf350, 29aholic, 35 invisible), 1,625 guests, and 1,044 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,976
Posts18,519,854
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.