Page 14 of 30 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 29 30
G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by teal
Originally Posted by RandyR
I know Splatt very well and believe in his integrity, I am guessing he only felt it would be made worse by involving the law.

I only know what I see here and bounce that off of my life experience. My life experience is telling me that the "truth" isn't in this thread and that if the law was involved - it wouldn't get worse for Art or the situation.

So you're saying Art has a legitimate reason to still have the man's stock? If so, what might that be?

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
.......Spat has recourse he's refusing to take and because it involves swearing out the truth to LEO, his refusal has my BS meter pegged.

I'm not inclined to get the law or a lawyer involved in my personal business I can handle myself.

Personally, if I got screwed by someone for anything around $1,000 or so, I'd get a helluva lot more satisfaction dragging their name thru the mud than sitting in some stinkin' lawyers office watching them think about all the money they were making listening to my sob story.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Ackleyfan
Maybe nimrod could convince art to send the op's property back, if he knows so much about this mess! that would be the right thing to do instead of saying his stock is a dog turd and his property is junk!
Maybe Sitka likes another Man's Junk.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I agree!

"Jerry is dead, Phish suck time to get a job "
A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Originally Posted by 340boy

Either Spat's primary satisfaction is just pissing and moaning (and not receiving the stock) or he's a moron.

Up to him to decide which it is...

Or, door number three: Splat can't get the desired response(i.e., his stock returned to him) and is resorting to the 'scorched earth' option and trying to make Art look as bad as possible to further damage his reputation.

Cept Spat hasn't done what's required to get the stock back. Want a tax refund - you have to file the tax forms. He's not willing to file the forms so he can't want that refund all that much.

I don't know what or if Art has it or if it's firewood but Spat has recourse he's refusing to take and because it involves swearing out the truth to LEO, his refusal has my BS meter pegged.

All he should have to do is ask for it... do you agree?

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I'm saying that Splat's request for his return might not hinge just sending something back that Art agreed to work on for free. That's Splat may or may not have agreed to other terms and hasn't lived up to them yet. Like maybe the work's free if you let me finish it 100% when I can but if you want it back and I have to send it out 1/2 finished with my name on it - I want X dollars to compensate me etc. Not saying that's what happened but it's something I could see happening....

There's more here than what Splat's presented. IIRC in the last or the one before that, thread where he's pulled this - he ended up admitting it wasn't EXACTLY as presented. Art's mentioned that Splat's not been exactly honest or had the same story on just who did the rough cut on the stock to begin with - there's enough smoke there for me to think Splat's not always 100% on just how the story goes.

You all carry on - I'm done with this. But I will say this - I'd trust Sean and Art with my last dollar long before I'd trust Splat with a spare lightbulb based upon what I've seen here at the 'fire (entire body of work, not just one thread) and I've not met or done business with either Sean or Art.

YMMV -

Me

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Sean is a straight shooter who tells it like it is. He�s also got a brass set and he meets problems head on. I�d never doubt anything he told me. I spoken with him at length on the phone and traded quite a few PMs. As far as I�m concerned his integrity and morality are beyond question. If you don�t like what he�s saying, put him on ignore. It�s very easy to do and will do wonders for your perspective.

This other fight between Peck and Splatter�well, Splatter, Peck came after me on the boards back in the dark ages when he was a moderator. He even had me call him at home to tell me how important and all-knowing he was. I was less than impressed.

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
I'm saying that Splat's request for his return might not hinge just sending something back that Art agreed to work on for free. That's Splat may or may not have agreed to other terms and hasn't lived up to them yet.

There's more here than what Splat's presented. IIRC in the last or the one before that, thread where he's pulled this - he ended up admitting it wasn't EXACTLY as presented. Art's mentioned that Splat's not been exactly honest or had the same story on just who did the rough cut on the stock to begin with - there's enough smoke there for me to think Splat's not always 100% on just how the story goes.

You all carry on - I'm done with this. But I will say this - I'd trust Sean and Art with my last dollar long before I'd trust Splat with a spare lightbulb based upon what I've seen here at the 'fire (entire body of work, not just one thread) and I've not met or done business with either Sean or Art.

YMMV -

I view them a little different than you, I will tell you that splat has got things rolling this much I do know, I don't know anyone involved ,but no matter what this should not have gone this far, and I would trust splat long before art or nimrod based on their actions alone!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If you're referring to me, I have no problem with Sean. Might disagree with him from time to time but I like him. Quite a bit in fact.

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Originally Posted by Magnumdood
Sean is a straight shooter who tells it like it is. He�s also got a brass set and he meets problems head on. I�d never doubt anything he told me. I spoken with him at length on the phone and traded quite a few PMs. As far as I�m concerned his integrity and morality are beyond question. If you don�t like what he�s saying, put him on ignore. It�s very easy to do and will do wonders for your perspective.

This other fight between Peck and Splatter�well, Splatter, Peck came after me on the boards back in the dark ages when he was a moderator. He even had me call him at home to tell me how important and all-knowing he was. I was less than impressed.

sean may be a straight shooter he may tackle things head on but he doesn't have to bully certain people on fire like he does , just because his friends don't like certain people, he does it strickly for attention and post counts, his mouth got this thread going this direction, and has since dissapeared, talk about "Telling"

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by T LEE

Splatt and Co. need to take it to PM's with Art and act like grownups.

For the love of God, +1

Last edited by Mink; 08/17/11.

"If dogs don't go to heaven, when I die I want to go wherever they went." -Will Rogers

"If you have a lot of self control you don't need a lot of government control" - Thomas Sowell
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by rrroae
If you're referring to me, I have no problem with Sean. Might disagree with him from time to time but I like him. Quite a bit in fact.

No, I wasn't referring to any of the other posters; it was just a post to add to the pile.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Mink

For the love of God, +1

If memory serves me right, that method has been tried and Sitka ignores the PM's......

The basics as have been posted by both parties is that Sitka has Splat's stock and has said he would return it when Splat quits asking about it......that kind of response should do wonders for his reputation.

Sitka should just return Splat's property and call it a (18 month) day.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Sig220
Originally Posted by Mink

For the love of God, +1

If memory serves me right, that method has been tried and Sitka ignores the PM's......

The basics as have been posted by both parties is that Sitka has Splat's stock and has said he would return it when Splat quits asking about it......that kind of response should do wonders for his reputation.

Sitka should just return Splat's property and call it a (18 month) day.

Oh, I've read the thread, as I read the one back in November. As VAnimrod did point out so eloquently (sarcasm intended), if one of the parties, in this case Sitka Deer, is not willing to cough up the goods. Then you are left with limited options, one of which being legal action. The thread in November did not resolve this issue then, I see no reason to believe this one would result in a different outcome.

Last edited by Mink; 08/17/11.

"If dogs don't go to heaven, when I die I want to go wherever they went." -Will Rogers

"If you have a lot of self control you don't need a lot of government control" - Thomas Sowell
V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V

sean may be a straight shooter he may tackle things head on but he doesn't have to bully certain people on fire like he does , just because his friends don't like certain people, he does it strickly for attention and post counts, his mouth got this thread going this direction, and has since dissapeared, talk about "Telling"

Want some cheese with that whine?

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Maybe nimrod could convince art to send the op's property back, if he knows so much about this mess! that would be the right thing to do instead of saying his stock is a dog turd and his property is junk!

He knows his options.

Whether he'll actually do something is, of course, the question.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 340boy

Either Spat's primary satisfaction is just pissing and moaning (and not receiving the stock) or he's a moron.

Up to him to decide which it is...

Or, door number three: Splat can't get the desired response(i.e., his stock returned to him) and is resorting to the 'scorched earth' option and trying to make Art look as bad as possible to further damage his reputation.

Cept Spat hasn't done what's required to get the stock back.

Splat has done all he should have to do to any honest person. He has asked that his property be returned and it has not been. I don't give a flip how great a guy you are if you keep something that is not yours against the will of the owner you are a thief. Pure and simple. He may be the salt of the earth most of the time. But he is still a thief. A man is either honest or he is dishonest. One lie makes a man a liar. One fling with another woman makes one an adulterer. Stand up for Art any way you want but he is guilty as hell of being a thief. A mostly nice guy thief but still a thief. That my dear friends is the honest truth. His reasons for being a thief don't matter. He is indeniably a thief.

From Wikipedia The actus reus of theft is usually defined as an unauthorized taking, keeping or using of another's property which must be accompanied by a mens rea of dishonesty and/or the intent to permanently deprive the owner or the person with rightful possession of that property or its use.

Sean and Terry......You are both great guys and I admire you both a lot. I don't know what Art's reasons are. That doesn't matter anymore. Splat has asked his property be returned. For Art to keep it now is theft.

Splat....Sean is correct in your course of action now. Since it is obvious that Art has stolen your property you must now take legal action to recover it. You would not have to do that with an honest man. Good luck.

Art....even though Splat has been a royal PIA you still owe him his property back. To do otherwise tells all here what you have the propensity to do when you get agrivated or what you might do if you make a mistake and mess up someones property. Just send him his stuff back and show everyone that you are a man of your word and honesty and integrity are not just words when it comes to you.

My last word on this. Good luck to all.

Jim

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by nsaqam

Quite frankly - Sean's not sticking up for Art (as those who can't read for content are asserting) as much as he's telling Splat to hike up his skirt and actually do something other than bitch and moan.

Sean's right - he has 2 choices if he feels like he's a victim of theft (regardless as to if he is or isn't) - he can file a police report or do nothing. All the crying in the world here doesn't change those choices.

+1

Whew...

For a while there I was beginning to think I was speaking Greek.

Thanks for pointing out that at least SOME folks around here can actually read AND comprehend what is written.

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Originally Posted by VAnimrod

Want some cheese with that whine?

Sound like I struck a nerve.... smile

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Nope, just got what you were whining for; a response.

Learned to read, and comprehend, yet?

If not, ask teal or nsaqam; they've got it down, and both will likely teach you "nicely" so as to not offend your delicate sensibilities.

Page 14 of 30 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 29 30

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

521 members (10Glocks, 1badf350, 06hunter59, 1936M71, 10gaugemag, 1minute, 69 invisible), 2,476 guests, and 1,169 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,699
Posts18,513,696
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.