-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 16 of 30 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 29 30
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
All name-calling and accusations aside........

I don't know Splattermatic and have no comment on his character nor actions.

I'm no stock maker and actually prefer synthetic, so can't comment on the stock in question, nor what was needed, requested, nor the original condition.

I cannot comment on why the work has not been completed, why the stock is still in Art's possession and why it has not yet been returned.

BUT...I'll bet anyone a Pepsi that only Art and Splat are the only individuals in possession of ALL the facts, reasons and issues; VAnimrod aside. As Paul Harvey used to say, "the rest of the story".

On the other hand, I do know Art. I have hunted with him, done business with him, spent time in his home with his family, and socialized with them all. He has done gunsmithing for me, gratis, no less. They are likewise welcome in my home, if that could be arranged. I can comment on his character.

Art is a loyal and trustworthy person. I believe him to be honest with integrity above reproach. I would trust him with any firearms, to do any work on them, and much else.

The conundrum is juxtaposing that knowledge with accusations made in this thread. Again, I can't explain this situation, but I do know that I trust Art and call him a friend.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by VAnimrod
If ya had a clue, you'd know what to do.

You don't, as is evidenced by the comment.

Guess what is generally included in said suit for damages? Hint...

Point is, I do have a clue. It's just pretty sad when you have to resort to civil action to recover your own property.

The beatings will continue until morale improves
V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by ironbender
All name-calling and accusations aside........

I don't know Splattermatic and have no comment on his character nor actions.

I'm no stock maker and actually prefer synthetic, so can't comment on the stock in question, nor what was needed, requested, nor the original condition.

I cannot comment on why the work has not been completed, why the stock is still in Art's possession and why it has not yet been returned.

BUT...I'll bet anyone a Pepsi that only Art and Splat are the only individuals in possession of ALL the facts, reasons and issues; VAnimrod aside. As Paul Harvey used to say, "the rest of the story".

On the other hand, I do know Art. I have hunted with him, done business with him, spent time in his home with his family, and socialized with them all. He has done gunsmithing for me, gratis, no less. They are likewise welcome in my home, if that could be arranged. I can comment on his character.

Art is a loyal and trustworthy person. I believe him to be honest with integrity above reproach. I would trust him with any firearms, to do any work on them, and much else.

The conundrum is juxtaposing that knowledge with accusations made in this thread. Again, I can't explain this situation, but I do know that I trust Art and call him a friend.

Oh, you're SO gonna get it now....

wink grin

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by captbutch
If ya had a clue, you'd know what to do.

You don't, as is evidenced by the comment.

Guess what is generally included in said suit for damages? Hint...

Point is, I do have a clue. It's just pretty sad when you have to resort to civil action to recover your own property.

That changes the current facts, how?

B
BFD Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Having been in this little schitstorm before, there're reasons that obviously escape you.

Yup, saw it. Didn't make sense then either - 'less you got something in this like protectin' a bud.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It changes nothing obviously. But it will make me think long and hard about who I send my work to.

The beatings will continue until morale improves
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle

Oh, you're SO gonna get it now....

wink grin

Big girl panties in place. wink

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Posting this at page 13 and there's two new pages I haven't read yet buuuuuut...

Are "we" seriously busting Splatter's balls for not invoking cops, lawyers, and the law to get his stock and blank back from Sitka Deer, former moderator and a major participant of this forum?!?!

REALLY?!

THAT is being held up as the proper way for hunting/shooting men to resolve this?

This is [bleep] embarrassing. Art... dude...

Last edited by Jeff_O; 08/17/11.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Yep, protecting someone is exactly what I'm doing, by telling splat he has exactly two options (and, I still ain't wrong there).

Yep.

Reading comprehension; who knew it was so foreign?

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
Posting this at page 13 and there's two new pages I haven't teacher buuuuuut...

are "we" seriously busting Splatter's balls for not invoking slasher and the law to get his stock and blank back from Sitka Deer, former moderator and a major participant of this forum?!?!

REALLY?!

THAT is being held up as the proper way for hunting/shooting men to resolve this?

Speaking of a [bleep] embarassment.....

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Auto-correct... fixed it. blush

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
No, you haven't...

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D

Would you still "trust" him if he kept your property for 17 months, then refused to give it back to you? Obviously Splatter' trusted him at one point too. What kind of rational man would want this drama in his life forever, rather than just making a trip to the post office?

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Yep, protecting someone is exactly what I'm doing, by telling splat he has exactly two options (and, I still ain't wrong there).

Yep.

Reading comprehension; who knew it was so foreign?

Don't you sometimes just want to reach across the desk and slap the $hit out of someone just because they are stupid.

I could do the legal thinking and plotting but deal with the stupid is way beyond my ability now days. wink

This should have never reached the Fire.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223

Would you still "trust" him if he kept your property for 17 months, then refused to give it back to you? Obviously Splatter' trusted him at one point too. What kind of rational man would want this drama in his life forever, rather than just making a trip to the post office?

That's why I think there is more to the story than ONLY what is posted here, even if the emotion and drama were removed.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by JohnMoses
Let's look at what we do know. The stock was sent for work. There was a difficulty and the owner has repeatedly asked for his property back. No one is denying these facts.

Sitka has said he didn't like Splats attitude, so he has basically kidnapped the man's stock and refuses to return it.

I understand some folks like Sitka, consider him a friend and that is fine, but don't go be a prostitute and try to shove some ridiculous bullchit argument over on the rest of us.

John said it best.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
That's why I think there is more to the story than ONLY what is posted here, even if the emotion and drama were removed.

It shouldn't matter if Art caught Splatter bending over his sister, give him the schit back and part ways.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
which is why I stated above that I can't explain this jackpot. In fact there are only two people who can, and they can't reach consensus.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
As soon as Splatter does go to the legal action, then the few Sitka deer supporters will still cry foul, as in "you should have handled this man to man".

I also laugh when people so freely suggest legal action, of course it's not your money splatter is spending is it?

As far as some smoking gun of untruthfulness on Splatters half,Art would have played that card along time ago.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
Posting this at page 13 and there's two new pages I haven't teacher buuuuuut...

are "we" seriously busting Splatter's balls for not invoking slasher and the law to get his stock and blank back from Sitka Deer, former moderator and a major participant of this forum?!?!

REALLY?!

Speaking of a [bleep] embarassment.....

it remains telling...

Page 16 of 30 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 29 30

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

521 members (01Foreman400, 1badf350, 10Glocks, 06hunter59, 1936M71, 10gaugemag, 69 invisible), 2,445 guests, and 1,169 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,699
Posts18,513,711
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.