Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 17 of 30 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 29 30
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Kenneth
As soon as Splatter does go to the legal action, then the few Sitka deer supporters will still cry foul, as in "you should have handled this man to man".

I also laugh when people so freely suggest legal action, of course it's not your money splatter is spending is it?

As far as some smoking gun of untruthfulness on Splatters half,Art would have played that card along time ago.

The situation is very clear just from using Spatter's and Art's own words ON THIS THREAD:

Spatter isn't even asking for his stock back.He had to buy a replacement already.

He want's the barrel blank returned which was to serve as payment for the stock work.

He want's his "stock furniture" returned which Art was to install in return for the stock blank.

Art has said he MIGHT send his stuff back to him if Spatter will quit asking for it.

THAT is all documented in this thread.ALL the speculation about what else may have gone on just clouds these basic facts.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
GB1

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by nsaqam
Maybe at this point, the public humiliation of Mr. Peck is more important to Mr. Splatter than is the return of his property.

That would indeed be very sad if that were the case.

I really wouldn't blame him, getting lawyers involved would probably cost more than it's worth. Stikka needs to man up and make this right one way or the other.

Mauser Rescue Society
Founder, President, and Chairman

I don't always shoot Mausers, but when I do...I prefer VZ-24s.

jdi do píči
A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Originally Posted by Kenneth
As soon as Splatter does go to the legal action, then the few Sitka deer supporters will still cry foul, as in "you should have handled this man to man".

I also laugh when people so freely suggest legal action, of course it's not your money splatter is spending is it?

As far as some smoking gun of untruthfulness on Splatters half,Art would have played that card along time ago.

+1 I will say splatter is doing what needed to be done a long time ago, so we will see what happenes, I'm still amazed by all who have their blinders on ....very telling!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F it I'm bored. Maybe some humor is what this thread needs.

I know the solution! Get bricktop involved! He'll solve this crime!

Even better solution . . . . Don't feed the trolls and send the stuff back.
An even better better solution . . . . Don't feed the trolls and get the law involved and let this die.

I like this solution. Both sides do what is right, wipe the sand out, and never speak of this again.

I would love this to go 30/40 pages but with nothing but pictures of big mule deer so I can tell everyone posted to adopt me so I can go hunt big mule deer again.

I am a troll sometimes when I am bored. plz don't feed me. I am too fat and when I am bored I write stupid stuff to try and either make people laugh or shake their head.

All joking aside,
Art, send the stuff back man. These threads about you are getting old.
Splat, if he don't, do what you gotta do but stop these threads man. I am getting tired of reading all the negative stuff happening on this fire.
You both know what is right and you both know the options. Can you guys trade a couple PM's and put an end to this?

Not taking sides, just trying to be reasonable in a funny, stupid, level headed way.

Kique

Enrique O. Ramirez
CLAN OF THE BORDER RATS - Member

"..faith is being sure of what you hope for and certain of what you do not see.." Hebrews 11:1
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Karnis
Originally Posted by DPhillips
But, but, but... Art, just damn... grin Anyway, when are you free for lunch? BTW, the action we got from Karnis has matured. Duane put the rifle in the mail and should be here in a couple of days. Wanna go shoot it?

And, if Carlos is reading this, you won't believe what happened to that Argentine!!! Stupid good stuff!

What happened?????????? I wanna pic!!!!!

Coming soon, cuz!!! Many thanks. BTW, PM me your email addy, I'll send pics straight away on the morrow... Or if you still have my email, use that instead!

An honest man's pillow, is his peace of mind... JM
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Originally Posted by DPhillips
But, but, but... Art, just damn... grin Anyway, when are you free for lunch? BTW, the action we got from Karnis has matured. Duane put the rifle in the mail and should be here in a couple of days. Wanna go shoot it?

And, if Carlos is reading this, you won't believe what happened to that Argentine!!! Stupid good stuff!

That should be a dandy! But I am almost afraid to ask... I have several projects in need of shooting within the next week... Give a holler. Tomorrow is not so good.

Deal, tomorrow isn't good for me, but we should touch base for the weekend or next week. The first descent float hunt is coming up quick...

Take care.

An honest man's pillow, is his peace of mind... JM
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
Originally Posted by ironbender
Art is a loyal and trustworthy person. I believe him to be honest with integrity above reproach. I would trust him with any firearms, to do any work on them, and much else.

Would you still "trust" him if he kept your property for 17 months, then refused to give it back to you? Obviously Splatter' trusted him at one point too. What kind of rational man would want this drama in his life forever, rather than just making a trip to the post office?

That's why I think there is more to the story than ONLY what is posted here, even if the emotion and drama were removed.

I have been on the fire for some time. I would like to think there is a reasonable excuse for Art to not send back the property of Splattermatic as he has requested...just can't phathom one at the moment.

"What country can preserve it's liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms." (Thomas Jefferson to James Madison, Dec. 20, 1787)

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Every quarrel is a private one. Outsiders are never welcome...

One man with courage makes a majority....

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Scott F
Originally Posted by VAnimrod
Yep, protecting someone is exactly what I'm doing, by telling splat he has exactly two options (and, I still ain't wrong there).

Yep.

Reading comprehension; who knew it was so foreign?

Don't you sometimes just want to reach across the desk and slap the $hit out of someone just because they are stupid.

I could do the legal thinking and plotting but deal with the stupid is way beyond my ability now days. wink

This should have never reached the Fire.

Scott and Sean,

Respect to both of you, but you're wrong.

This transaction only occurred, because of the Fire. This is an internal matter.

At this stage of the game airing it out here is completely appropriate.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Maybe at this point, the public humiliation of Mr. Peck is more important to Mr. Splatter than is the return of his property.

That would indeed be very sad if that were the case.

Public shaming is used very effectively in other cultures as a method of punishment for certain crimes. Unfortunately for our culture, publicly shaming someone just humiliates them and they dig their heels in no matter how wrong they are. The effectiveness of public shaming works very well in cultures where Honor and Duty aren't just words mouthed in the taking of various oaths; Honor and Duty are prized in those cultures where public shaming works. Here? Not so much.

IC B3

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Jeff_O

I'm staying out of this...

That don't mean what you think it does!
lol...

I mean, laffin.......................

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Couldn't do it, Mike.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
the public humiliation of Mr. Peck is more important to Mr. Splatter than is the return of his property.
Well it's working.

I googled Art Peck...... I hope he's not single,looking for a job, or running for office... 'cause it don't look good. smile

Ruin your name over a cartridge trap...Classic!

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Originally Posted by slg888
the public humiliation of Mr. Peck is more important to Mr. Splatter than is the return of his property.
Well it's working.

I googled Art Peck...... I hope he's not single,looking for a job, or running for office... 'cause it don't look good. smile

Ruin your name over a cartridge trap...Classic!

Very telling

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Ouch.

Honestly- Splatter could be the biggest a-hole in the world (not saying he is), and Art would STILL be solidly in the wrong at this point.

I've had a couple recording sessions that went south somewhere along the line. If a client requests their stuff back I am stumbling over my [bleep] feet, I'm trying so hard to get it to them ASAP.

Play a stupid game, win a stupid prize. Art... come collect your prize. And it pains me to say that, and that's no lie. frown

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
Ouch.

Honestly- Splatter could be the biggest a-hole in the world (not saying he is), and Art would STILL be solidly in the wrong at this point.

I've had a couple recording sessions that went south somewhere along the line. If a client requests their stuff back I am stumbling over my [bleep] feet, I'm trying so hard to get it to them ASAP.

Play a stupid game, win a stupid prize. Art... come collect your prize. And it pains me to say that, and that's no lie. frown

+1

For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "If a man will not work, he shall not eat."

2 Thessalonians 3:10
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
JUST A COMMENT, NOT IN RESPONSE TO ANYONE IN PARTICULAR �

More and more, I'm coming to realize that (a) the Internet is a risky "place" to do business, and (b) the Campfire is no exception. I've been scalded here twice, so now I'm suspicious of even cold water. I'm not easy with the idea of doing any more money business via the Internet unless the other guy is somebody whom I already know and trust.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by rrroae
Originally Posted by teal
.......Spat has recourse he's refusing to take and because it involves swearing out the truth to LEO, his refusal has my BS meter pegged.

I'm not inclined to get the law or a lawyer involved in my personal business I can handle myself.

Personally, if I got screwed by someone for anything around $1,000 or so, I'd get a helluva lot more satisfaction dragging their name thru the mud than sitting in some stinkin' lawyers office watching them think about all the money they were making listening to my sob story.

Absolutely correct and I'll even bump that figure to ten grand. Case in point, I was swindled by a Custom rifle maker of over six grand in Washington state. So I hired a lawyer, sued him obtained a judgment for the amount plus lawyer fees that he agreed to. He ignored it. Hauled him back to court and he was a no show so an arrest warrant was issued by the court for Contempt. Since it's a Civil Warrant the cops don't actively serve these, and that was over to years ago. So all I did was throw another two grand down the [bleep] for the attorney. The laws favor the perpetrator and if it out of state, forget about it. jorge

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
sold a set of tires to a cousin on credit. He was to pay me some each week. When it dawned on me that he was dodging me for several weeks, I found his car, put the Hi-Lift jack in the middle, took everything, and put his ride on the ground. Amazing he was able to find me then..

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
There is no question of ownership. No matter what has transpired, I can't imagine Art forcing Splatter to get the law involved just to get his stuff back. I have to believe if there was at least one rational mind this situation wouldn't be where it is. Art, if your goal was to lower yourself to your perception of Splatter, you've succeeded.

Page 17 of 30 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 29 30

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

518 members (222ND, 163bc, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 219DW, 1Longbow, 65 invisible), 2,550 guests, and 1,114 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,485
Posts18,529,729
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.