Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 18 of 30 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 29 30
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ironbender
� I don't know Splattermatic and have no comment on his character nor actions.

On the other hand, I do know Art. I have hunted with him, done business with him, spent time in his home with his family, and socialized with them all. He has done gunsmithing for me, gratis, no less. They are likewise welcome in my home, if that could be arranged. I can comment on his character.

Art is a loyal and trustworthy person. I believe him to be honest with integrity above reproach. I would trust him with any firearms, to do any work on them, and much else.

The conundrum is juxtaposing that knowledge with accusations made in this thread. Again, I can't explain this situation, but I do know that I trust Art and call him a friend.

"Nice guy" Jeffrey Dahmer wasn't rewarded for all those people whom he didn't kill.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Correct.

Attorneys getting involved is laughable......I'd guess that's one of the things wrong with America today. If this thread doesn't result in a return of merchandise, nothing will.

All American

All the time
S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by Stan V
Correct.

Attorneys getting involved is laughable......I'd guess that's one of the things wrong with America today. If this thread doesn't result in a return of merchandise, nothing will.

+ 1,000,000

K
K
Well this is a lively thread! After reading all of this maybe we are not giving Sean credit where credit is due. He may indeed know more than what is posted here and as a result knows that Art better than others who have commented on this matter both pro and con as it relates to returning of the property.

When you read all of the postings it is apparent that what on the surface looks like Sean supporting Art when he is actually implying that the man is not honest or ethical and taking specific legal action will be required to get the OP�s property back. Wow with friends like Sean who needs enemies! Art should have asked him just to keep his post count down and �recuse� himself from these proceedings.

Still waiting for Art to end this and he should before because it has the potential to escalate further. This whole thing defies not only logic but the most basic application of commonsense because Art is in a no win situation.

Drama Drama Drama!!

Last edited by Kimpek; 08/18/11.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Is Art still a moderator?

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Originally Posted by rrroae
Originally Posted by teal
.......Spat has recourse he's refusing to take and because it involves swearing out the truth to LEO, his refusal has my BS meter pegged.

I'm not inclined to get the law or a lawyer involved in my personal business I can handle myself.

Personally, if I got screwed by someone for anything around $1,000 or so, I'd get a helluva lot more satisfaction dragging their name thru the mud than sitting in some stinkin' lawyers office watching them think about all the money they were making listening to my sob story.

Absolutely correct and I'll even bump that figure to ten grand. Case in point, I was swindled by a Custom rifle maker of over six grand in Washington state. So I hired a lawyer, sued him obtained a judgment for the amount plus lawyer fees that he agreed to. He ignored it. Hauled him back to court and he was a no show so an arrest warrant was issued by the court for Contempt. Since it's a Civil Warrant the cops don't actively serve these, and that was over to years ago. So all I did was throw another two grand down the [bleep] for the attorney. The laws favor the perpetrator and if it out of state, forget about it. jorge

Sheriff's Offices serve court order civil warrants & criminal warrants generally, not City Police. If this order came out of a court in the county in question, the S.O has an obligation to serve it. That is one of the duties of the Sheriff in the state of Wa.

Every S.O has a civil warrant div. to handle these duties. If an contempt order was issued, this would be under the control of the criminal warrant div. all S.O's have these also. So your saying that this paper has yet to be served? If the person has moved, since this occured, they'll only attempt service at the last known address. Any further investigation as to the persons where abouts is depending on the agency and how much digging the person serving the warrant wants to do. If it's an arrest warrant, it's been entered into NCIC and if the person is stopped, he can be arrested for it.

An interesting fact, you wouldn't believe the number of people who have arrest warrants in their names from out of other states, that i stop or come in contact with. These folks are in the NCIC system. When we contact the agency holding the warrant, manytimes the answer is that the agency/DA's office will not extradite them. So i have to turn them loose versus taking them into custody for this other agency. I'll still get a current address and forward it to the agency, if they want to do anything later.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Stan V
Correct.

I do not agree.

If this thread doesn't result in a return of merchandise... the law is the only option.

This is a "he said - she said" with a lot of well meaning folks taking sides.

In the end, neither party gets satifaction.

Franlky I don't see how this could not end up in court.

That which does not kill us makes us stronger

Friedrich Nietzsche
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Well I have news for you. I called the Sheriff's office more than once and those doughnut eating pukes have better things to do I guess. The warrant is still active. Moreover, I've told that whomever gets his ass arrested and he coughs up the money, they can keep half.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by CowboyTim
Originally Posted by nsaqam
Maybe at this point, the public humiliation of Mr. Peck is more important to Mr. Splatter than is the return of his property.

That would indeed be very sad if that were the case.

I really wouldn't blame him, getting lawyers involved would probably cost more than it's worth. Stikka needs to man up and make this right one way or the other.

Not really... you can sue for court cost...

This can get really ugly... for no good reason.

The World Wonders

That which does not kill us makes us stronger

Friedrich Nietzsche
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Kimpek
Well this is a lively thread! After reading all of this maybe we are not giving Sean credit where credit is due. He may indeed know more than what is posted here and as a result knows that Art better than others who have commented on this matter both pro and con as it relates to returning of the property.

When you read all of the postings it is apparent that what on the surface looks like Sean supporting Art when he is actually implying that the man is not honest or ethical and taking specific legal action will be required to get the OP�s property back. Wow with friends like Sean who needs enemies! Art should have asked him just to keep his post count down and �recuse� himself from these proceedings.

Still waiting for Art to end this and he should before because it has the potential to escalate further. This whole thing defies not only logic but the most basic application of commonsense because Art is in a no win situation.

Drama Drama Drama!!

Listen sock puppet, you really should be posting under your regular byline.
You are too familiar with the details of the principals in this thread to be a newcomer. Man up and post under your normal byline dude.

Mark

NRA Life Member
Anytime anyone kicks cancers azz is a good day!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Well I have news for you. I called the Sheriff's office more than once and those doughnut eating pukes have better things to do I guess. The warrant is still active. Moreover, I've told that whomever gets his ass arrested and he coughs up the money, they can keep half.

Which county?? Did they tell you, that they attempted service and the person couldn't be located? The bigger the county, just like many Govt. agencies, your going to have less, one on one cooperation or response on things.

Do you know if the person has moved? Sad to say this, but if the person has moved and they don't have a good address or if it's outside of their jurisdiction, they're not going to serve it.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Lincoln County Wash state. They told me they dont serve civil warrants. They only enforce them if they happent to stop the guy for a traffic violation, etc. They NEVER attempted to serve it and yes he is still there and his daddy a big shot farmer in the county.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
"Sad to say this,"

No,....actually,...you've said it HUNDREDS of times here you smarmy preachy plick.

I'll goddam well post EVERY one of em',....

you're not "sad",....that just runs off of your tongue,....OOZES, as it were

I wish we could chase down, and abort the sorry POS that TAUGHT you to respond,....ad infin [bleep] nitum, in that vein

He really inflicted something on 'Law and Order" that this Country never needed, wanted, or deserved.

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Lincoln County Wash state. They told me they dont serve civil warrants. They only enforce them if they happent to stop the guy for a traffic violation, etc. They NEVER attempted to serve it and yes he is still there and his daddy a big shot farmer in the county.

I see that the last name issue, has come into play here. Lincoln is a small county in population. Sorry to hear that. Have you pretty much folded your hands on this? Have you tried talking to the judge who issued the warrant? But manytimes the judges & sheriff are tighter then ticks, in these smaller counties.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Ken Howell
Originally Posted by ironbender
� I don't know Splattermatic and have no comment on his character nor actions.

On the other hand, I do know Art. I have hunted with him, done business with him, spent time in his home with his family, and socialized with them all. He has done gunsmithing for me, gratis, no less. They are likewise welcome in my home, if that could be arranged. I can comment on his character.

Art is a loyal and trustworthy person. I believe him to be honest with integrity above reproach. I would trust him with any firearms, to do any work on them, and much else.

The conundrum is juxtaposing that knowledge with accusations made in this thread. Again, I can't explain this situation, but I do know that I trust Art and call him a friend.

"Nice guy" Jeffrey Dahmer wasn't rewarded for all those people whom he didn't kill.

Ouch

"If dogs don't go to heaven, when I die I want to go wherever they went." -Will Rogers

"If you have a lot of self control you don't need a lot of government control" - Thomas Sowell
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Yep, pretty much. Not worth the effort.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
"Sad to say this,"

No,....actually,...you've said it HUNDREDS of times here you smarmy preachy plick.

I'll goddam well post EVERY one of em',....

you're not "sad",....that just runs off of your tongue,....OOZES, as it were

I wish we could chase down, and abort the sorry POS that TAUGHT you to respond,....ad infin [bleep] nitum, in that vein

He really inflicted something on 'Law and Order" that this Country never needed, wanted, or deserved.

I see that your still hangover, by how you respond. Yes it is sad, in a case as this with Jorge. The agency has an obligation to serve this paper, but won't due to DNA of those involved, that is wrong, but it happens.

I was telling Jorge the facts of how it would turn out. Sadly as i stated, it might not get served. So tell me Mr. Welder, how many civil or criminal warrants have you ever served?? Again,, another issue that you, know nothing about or how the system works.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
By the time splatter were to pay for airfare, a hotel, missed time from work, court costs, just to go all the way to AK to sue in small claims, he loses regardless of judgement. Art has him by the balls and knows it. Classless...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rrroae
Originally Posted by teal
.......Spat has recourse he's refusing to take and because it involves swearing out the truth to LEO, his refusal has my BS meter pegged.

I'm not inclined to get the law or a lawyer involved in my personal business I can handle myself.

Personally, if I got screwed by someone for anything around $1,000 or so, I'd get a helluva lot more satisfaction dragging their name thru the mud than sitting in some stinkin' lawyers office watching them think about all the money they were making listening to my sob story.

Absolutely correct and I'll even bump that figure to ten grand. Case in point, I was swindled by a Custom rifle maker of over six grand in Washington state. So I hired a lawyer, sued him obtained a judgment for the amount plus lawyer fees that he agreed to. He ignored it. Hauled him back to court and he was a no show so an arrest warrant was issued by the court for Contempt. Since it's a Civil Warrant the cops don't actively serve these, and that was over to years ago. So all I did was throw another two grand down the [bleep] for the attorney. The laws favor the perpetrator and if it out of state, forget about it. jorge
Your [bleep] me?? I thought you had got all your money back and his ass was put out of business. I'm sorry to hear that jorge, I know how much you wanted that rifle. Wish I still had connections in Washington state but unfortuantely, I do not.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Nope. We won the judgment and he agreed to pay, then reneged and the doughnut-dopes refuse to arrest him on the civil warrant alone. A seven grand lesson learned. On the bright side, I've been very fortunate to have been picked up by a couple of companies post-retirement, so I have a made to order double showing up in about two weeks or so. Still, I'd be willing to GIVE that money to whoever gets that [bleep]'s ass in jail and his family living under a bridge sharing a tooth brush.

Page 18 of 30 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 29 30

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

61 members (2500HD, 10gaugemag, 300_savage, 12 invisible), 2,805 guests, and 736 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,447
Posts18,528,816
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.