Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 22 of 30 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 29 30
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
I just read this whole thing hoping that by the time I got to the end the issue would finally be resolved. Serves me right for procrastinating at work....

----------
Hunting is my religion
GB1

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Originally Posted by 458 Lott
Originally Posted by Ackleyfan
Originally Posted by Magnumdood
Mob mentality is an interesting phenomena, not pretty, but interesting.

Really? How does this thread meet the definition of "Mob mentality"?

It doesn't!

Oh really? Somebody in the streat cries they've been wronged, and the crowd gathers with tar and feathers in hand. How is that not mob mentality? Some people have a personal beef with Art and are taking advantage of this thread to attack him. Others have been wronged in the past by someone completely unrealated to this issue, yet are using this venue to vent their frustrations and someone attack everyone that has wronged, or is percieved to have wronged someone. Yet there are still others that simply want to attack from the sidelines, because that is the way they are.

We have only been presented with one side of the story, and perhaps that side has not given a complete and accurate presentation of the facts, something worth considering before passing judgment.

Could both sides have handled this differently? Certainly. Hindsight is always 20/20. Some people simply can't be made happy and would rather trash somebody then try and seek resolution to an issue.

I only know a little bit from both sides of this story, so I'm not going to make a judgement on what happened, nor how it should be resolved. I'll give both sides the benefit of the doubt.

After 17 months what possible reason could a guy have for keeping another mans property, exspecially when both parties know the deal has no good outcome?

BTW I don't know art, can't remember ever having any issues with him and don't have a beef with him other than I think he should return OP's property!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It amazes me that folks are still lining up to kiss his azz. Don't "know" either of them. But if one man has another man's property and refuses to return it, it makes him a THIEF. And thats right under a liberal dumocrap in my book. Amazes me to no end that some here still think Splatt is wrong for calling the guy out. Give him his stuff back and go back under your rock.

Crossed Arrows Archery LLC
Authorized Obsession Bows Dealer
Custom Strings/Tuning
www.crossedarrowsarcheryllc.com
Black Eagle Arrows Pro Staff, Montana Black Gold Shooting Staff, Dead Center Archery Products Shooting Staff
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by nsaqam
I'm thinking that we've met Kimpek before. Several times before in fact.

Thinkin' the same. Time will tell and shouldn't take long.

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Very simple thing here... All those attacking me while hearing exactly one side are welcome to. I could not possibly care less. The fact this jerk started off with about every sort of lie possible, left me in a tough spot... the incredible whining over what he was going to have to do next... the fact the third name has come up as the one who did the stock... The fact he has not stopped attacking me in every way possible for the duration make it very simple to me.

And this after I had told him I was going to fix it without cost to him of any kind. And this crap starts and continues unabated. As the actor would ask "what's my motivation?" Why should I care what Splatt wants, needs, does, or owns? With the crap he has posted about me he can wait until I find that motivation.

Should be lovely to see him explain the inconsistencies. Or calculate damages... which may have more than one direction.

And the trial lawyers like jim62 suggesting mail fraud is in play... Now that is funny.

He first said a poster here had done the work and that left me in a position of badmouthing the work of another here, which I would not do. Then he claimed he did the shaping... and just now he tosses out another name...

To be clear, if the whiner ever stops the public posting and whining he might get his stuff back.
art

I just realized Art did reply....

The only question I have is, Art, wouldn't it be prudent to just send everything back to the owner. Other than posting pictures of the current condition, he is still going to be unhappy.

I believe a solution may be to ask, In a PM to splatter, what he wants for the stock so you can keep it ( burn it) and then you can return his hardware and move on? May not be financially the best for you, but unless you are almost finished, I can't see you finishing it in Splatters lifetime from your words above.... I am sure the air has sailed from that balloon.

Just a suggestion, sometimes it cost money to stop the harassment you feel you are receiving......

Good luck to both parties in being satisfied and END these type postings.

IC B2

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Ackleyfan
Originally Posted by Magnumdood
Mob mentality is an interesting phenomena, not pretty, but interesting.

Really? How does this thread meet the definition of "Mob mentality"?

It doesn't!

Oh really? Somebody in the streat cries they've been wronged, and the crowd gathers with tar and feathers in hand. How is that not mob mentality? Some people have a personal beef with Art and are taking advantage of this thread to attack him. Others have been wronged in the past by someone completely unrealated to this issue, yet are using this venue to vent their frustrations and someone attack everyone that has wronged, or is percieved to have wronged someone. Yet there are still others that simply want to attack from the sidelines, because that is the way they are�.

Do you think you could broaden your definition a little? You missed the Aka, Ef� and Mbuti pygmies of central Africa.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
One of the most shamelessly pathetic threads of all time.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by isaac

Art is both shameless and pathetic. Read his own words, "Why should I care what Splatt wants, needs, does, or owns?"

I hate a thief.

I'm better when I move.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by FlaRick
Art is both shameless and pathetic. Read his own words, "Why should I care what Splatt wants, needs, does, or owns?"

I hate a thief.

Megaphuckindittos.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

If Peck had any shame there wouldn't be a thread.

IC B3

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A

Any recomendations to art on how he can resolve this issue?

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Some are incapable of doing the right thing.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Art hasn't posted in a while and neither has Splatt, there could be a reason why.

Art has no reason to come here and explain anything to anybody and if I were him, I wouldn't either, it's none of yalls business.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by slg888

Yup, including the vast majority of people posting on this thread that have jumped to conclusions and accusations without having the whole story.

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Originally Posted by slg888

Yup, including the vast majority of people posting on this thread that have jumped to conclusions and accusations without having the whole story.

I haven't jumped to any conclusions,or accused art of stealing, but once the property was asked to be returned, it should have been returned!

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr
Art hasn't posted in a while and neither has Splatt, there could be a reason why.

Art has no reason to come here and explain anything to anybody and if I were him, I wouldn't either, it's none of yalls business.

I beg to differ; more than anywhere else I've been on the Internet, we are a community here. We have organized get togethers all over the nation to hunt, fish and some organized meetings just to meet people you've been "talking" to for years. I place a lot of stock in trading/buying-selling with somebody from the Campfire, especially those that are well known. I feel more secure in the transaction. After all, this isn't an auction business like Gun Broker or Flea Bay where you have recourse to recover your money or goods if the other person proves to be [bleep] skunk. I know Peck isn't coming back on this thread to explain anything to anyone. If I didn't know him before, this thread would serve as plenty of warning to avoid doing any business with him. If he wants people to remember this as his last non-word on the subject, that, of course, is his choice, just like it's his choice to keep property that doesn't belong to him for as long as he can stand the judgments that will be levied against him.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Dogpiling is a Campfire tradition <grin>....

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
Dogpiling is a Campfire tradition religion<grin>....

Save an elk, shoot a cow.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
hint....

[Linked Image]

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Ken Howell
Took me thirteen years to get the makin's of a pair of special, expensive rifles back � undone, and not all the expensive custom hardware � from a trusted former friend in Tucson.

Took me 16 years but I did finally get my stuff.

By the way, in case you missed it, Jeremiah was a bullfrog.
Page 22 of 30 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 29 30

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

151 members (673, 2ndwind, 10gaugemag, 1minute, 29aholic, 805, 16 invisible), 2,202 guests, and 984 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,758
Posts18,514,936
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.