Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by DaRanger
Blah, blah Blah...

I could be wrong.

:shakin' my head:

That was a given from the get go...

Continue to savor the dust from the panes...

[Linked Image]

HR IC

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Prwlr
DaRanger

You haven't been posting for long here on the fire and your already on your way to being the LONEranger. The man calls himself "elkhuntingguide" why wouldn't you believe that he witnessed truck loads of elk taken? Then you assert that those bullets didn't come from the truck loads of elk that he showed you. At the rate your sticking your feet in your mouth your going to qualify for permanent disability pretty soon.

Da Ranger: Prwlr gives good advise.... smile

Not to preach, but there is a lot of "experience" on here....

..I know guys who think the AB is the "Second Coming",yet I have emails in my file from African pro's saying very firmly...."Don't send anymore"....I know other very experienced hunters who like them,and some who won't give you two cents for them.

Not to single out AB's of course,but they are the one's mentioned.There are even experienced people on here who won't go around the corner for a Barnes or a Partition shocked and cite good reason based on their experiences....is this to be discounted? I think not.... frown

Hang around here long enough and you'll conclude pretty quickly(if you have an open mind about it)that quite a few expanding bullets work well for lots of people.....

....and, while you may have your own favorite,about the time you have made up your mind it's the "best",or vastly superior to anything else, someone will come along to show the errors of your thoughts..... frown

For example,the AB is a good bullet.....assuming the tips don't snap off and stove up your action......just a sample of "one"....but worth noting. whistle

So,whatever it is that you have done with an AB, I am willing to bet 10-1 that someone else can come on here and cite similar experience with a Barnes, a Partition, an Aframe, a Berger,a Hornady, etc. Best to keep an open mind and not discount the experiences of others.....Just my own thoughts on the matter.

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by AK_ARCHER
Witch one of thees bullets is the toughest/has hightest weight retention - Hornady InterBond, SST, Nosler AccuBond, Swift Scirocco II? MV should be around 3,100-3,200fps.

Neither has any superior funcionality over the other ecept the SST which, is not a bonded bullet.. Take your pick amongst the others..

My preference is the Accubond.

By the way, in case you missed it, Jeremiah was a bullfrog.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Well I stand corrected on the truck loads of wapiti.

That's an acceptable response.

Seems like a waste of game animals in my opinion.

This is not.

It is acceptable for others to have a differing opinion than yours. And, you are entitled to your own. I don't see any game animals being wasted. If the man were wasting game animals I doubt seriously he would be posting incriminating pictures of it.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
[Linked Image] [/quote]

Since you are "just wasting game animals"....you should sell me that bag of 308 150 AB's. cool grin

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Seems like a waste of game animals in my opinion.

Good grief man take a look at the picture... Just a thought, but if I was planning on wasting animals the size of elk, I sure a hell wouldn't bother to gut and load'em up.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Or would I bother to quarter them and prepare them for processing...

Just sayin'...

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Reloder28... I have a Model 7 308 Win that just loves the 150 AB's or I would give them to you...

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by AK_ARCHER
Witch one of thees bullets is the toughest/has hightest weight retention - Hornady InterBond, SST, Nosler AccuBond, Swift Scirocco II? MV should be around 3,100-3,200fps.

Interbond. I have had great accuracy success with the 6.5 129 Interbond in my .264WM at just over a chrono'd 3,100+ fps (the exact figure escapes me). It however is too tough for me as I like my projectiles to expand/explode and remain inside.

A few BS/estimated velocitys posted earlier.

6mm Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Accubond

IC B3

jpb Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by elkhuntinguide
Nosler Accubond gets my vote. Very reliable bullet. The Scirocco never did much for me.

I've killed about 10 elk over the years with the Accubond and wouldn't change a thing.

I doubt anybody has killed "Truck Loads" of wapiti. Especially with Scirocco's.

Before you engage your man pleaser, you may want to have an idea of who you direct your comments towards...

Congratulations on your 10 elk killed over the years... That's just a busy day for me to rack up that count...

I am confident by FAR that I have killed more animals in one season than you have viewed in a life time but please continue on with Tales of what you have accomplished and the talley of animals you have "Counted Coup" on...

My statement stands... By the [bleep] Truck Load...

DaRanger, you've been owned....

[Linked Image]

John

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

539 members (222Sako, 1badf350, 1234, 1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 257 roberts, 68 invisible), 14,401 guests, and 1,142 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,160
Posts18,542,807
Members74,058
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.