-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 23 of 30 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 29 30
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I understand all the emotion but I think the only person who has a dog in this fight personally, is the man who owns the property, and simply wants it back. It's understandable to me that the owner is very unhappy and has communicated it, regardless of the anger - which is IMO justified, the way it's communicated is subject to debate, but he has a right to be mad, and I think anyone in his shoes would feel the same way.

The person holding the property admits having it, and now wants to taunt the owner, by withholding and delaying. Why? For kicks? Let's grow up and be men, gentlemen.

It's not how I would handle it. Offering to follow thru on work, with or w/o pay is fine, but the owner should have the final say, I am sure he paid to ship it to AK.

I don't know all the details from day 1, but it seems very simple to me. Someone is the owner, and the party who has possession is not the owner, and is being asked by the owner for his property back.

What part of that is hard to understand? Why should the owner be 'denied' his property.

No lawyer, no dog in the fight, just saying, I'd be pissed too if someone had my stuff that long, and was refusing to send it back asap at my repeated request.

I see absolutely zero reason why the property cannot be returned immediately that is being requested by the owner. There can be no excuse or explanation.

I hope for the OP he gets his property back, timely. It just seems to be the right thing to do at this juncture, simple as that.

GB1

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr
Art hasn't posted in a while and neither has Splatt, there could be a reason why.

Art has no reason to come here and explain anything to anybody and if I were him, I wouldn't either, it's none of yalls business.

There's a home run!

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by 458 Lott
Originally Posted by slg888
Some are incapable of doing the right thing.

Yup, including the vast majority of people posting on this thread that have jumped to conclusions and accusations without having the whole story.

And another outta da park!

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
Dogpiling is a Campfire tradition <grin>....

Whoa!!! Even Jeffy is swinging the big wood!

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
No way hoser. 4-iron. grin

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
IC B2

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Very simple thing here... All those attacking me while hearing exactly one side are welcome to. I could not possibly care less. The fact this jerk started off with about every sort of lie possible, left me in a tough spot... the incredible whining over what he was going to have to do next... the fact the third name has come up as the one who did the stock... The fact he has not stopped attacking me in every way possible for the duration make it very simple to me.

And this after I had told him I was going to fix it without cost to him of any kind. And this crap starts and continues unabated. As the actor would ask "what's my motivation?" Why should I care what Splatt wants, needs, does, or owns? With the crap he has posted about me he can wait until I find that motivation.

Should be lovely to see him explain the inconsistencies. Or calculate damages... which may have more than one direction.

And the trial lawyers like jim62 suggesting mail fraud is in play... Now that is funny.

He first said a poster here had done the work and that left me in a position of badmouthing the work of another here, which I would not do. Then he claimed he did the shaping... and just now he tosses out another name...

To be clear, if the whiner ever stops the public posting and whining he might get his stuff back.
art

Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr
Art hasn't posted in a while and neither has Splatt, there could be a reason why.

Art has no reason to come here and explain anything to anybody and if I were him, I wouldn't either, it's none of yalls business.

There's a home run!

In his own words; he doesn't give a schitt what Splatt owns. That's not a home run; that's watching three fast balls cross the plate and he never took the bat off of his shoulder. He's OUT.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

Yup, including the vast majority of people posting on this thread that have jumped to conclusions and accusations without having the whole story.

Jumped to the conclusion Peck admitted in his own words? He has Splatt's property and he's refusing to return it. Another home run turned in to three whiffs at the plate.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by ingwe
hint....

[Linked Image]

Winner - Winner, Chicken Dinner! crazy crazy grin

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Magnumdood

Jumped to the conclusion Peck admitted in his own words? He has Splatt's property and he's refusing to return it. Another home run turned in to three whiffs at the plate.

+1

To all gunmaker critics-
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.."- Teddy Roosevelt
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Art lost me (and many others here, it appears) with the "he can have it back when he stops asking" bullcrap. There's no excuse for that.

The PM's Splat posted some months ago showed Art beginning the work, finding a problem he should've noticed (his words) but didn't, and saying it'd take a couple weeks. That was a very long time ago.

It's just wierd. In a bad way.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
IC B3

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
Art lost me (and many others here, it appears) with the "he can have it back when he stops asking" bullcrap. There's no excuse for that.

The PM's Splat posted some months ago showed Art beginning the work, finding a problem he should've noticed (his words) but didn't, and saying it'd take a couple weeks. That was August of 2010.

It's just SAD. In a bad way.

I agree.

Fixed a few things for you..

Last edited by jim62; 08/20/11.

To all gunmaker critics-
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.."- Teddy Roosevelt
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
For all of you nay saying muther [bleep] that don't have a dog in this fight I say your all a bunch of Art ass kissers. We live in the United States and the last time I checked the constitution allowed you to have and possess your own personal property. The [bleep] stock belongs to splatter...we all can agree on that I hope. He sent it to dip wad Art to fix it and if Art was any man at all he would have sent it back, fixed or unfixed, with a charge for services; but either [bleep] way the stock belongs to splatter. If any of your other guys that belong to the "old chronys" club had the slightest little problem with your rifle the rest of the cry baby club would have come running with a hundred posts to hold your hand, call the local law, or represent him for free in a court of law. Where are all the men on this board? Here we have a member...not only a member but a moderator no less that has had a man's property for well over a year and not only will he not respond to him, he won't give the man his own [bleep] property back. [bleep] all you spineless Chronys!

I had a similar thing happen with another Moderator on this site when he wanted a Model 12 shotgun I had for sale. Everyone who has ever done business w/me knows that if your not satisfied w/what I send you...you get your money back no questions asked. Instead he lies about the gun and says that it wouldn't hold a shell in the magazine. When I got the gun back and tried a shell it worked perfectly. When I confronted him about it he became angry started a smear campaign about my knowledge and character and even threatened me w/physical violence. I shut him up by saying,"you didn't have to lie about the gun, if you didn't like it for any reason you knew you could send it back for a full refund." But no he chose to lie instead of just doing the simple, manly thing of being honest.

Another of your favorite chronys is always bragging about changing the world one 7mm Mashburn at a time. His favorite lines are send me your phone # and I'll walk you through the process, whatever you need to know just contact me, I'll help you any way I can. He's had my phone # for over a month. Guess how many calls I have received? If the world is waiting on him to change the world with one of these rifles at a time they've got a hell of a long wait!

So for all of you gutless wannebe's that enjoy riding on the shirtails of the rich, famous, and popular, I say [bleep] all of you! Be a man for once in your life and do the right thing for a change.

1. Art send the man his stock back finished or not...it belongs to him.
2. One's honor and integrity is worth more than any damn gun!
3. I don't really care if you like what I just wrote it's the truth and the truth sometimes hurts. powdr

I use to think Jim62 was just kind of a smart aleck, a know it all...but he's proved me wrong on this post and I count him as a man of integrity...from this day forwad!Put RG Raider and 264 Man in that company as well.

VA Nimrod I use to think you were an OK guy but you really showed your Chrony ass on this thread...so I need to send out a special "[bleep] You" to you! It ought to be illegal to be as [bleep] stupid as you are! powdr

Last edited by powdr; 08/21/11.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Now there is a man who says whats on his mind..yowza..I like your style..

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by powdr
I had a similar thing happen with another Moderator on this site when he wanted a Model 12 shotgun I had for sale.Everyone who has ever done business w/me knows that if your not satisfied w/what I send you...you get your money back no questions asked. Instead he lies about the gun and says that it wouldn't hold a shell in the magazine. When I got the gun back and tried a shell it worked perfectly. When I confronted him about it he became angry started a smear campaign about my knowledge and character and even threatened me w/physical violence. I shut him up by saying,"you didn't have to lie about the gun, if you didn't like it for any reason you knew you could send it back for a full refund." But no he chose to lie instead of just doing the simple, manly thing of being honest.

Originally Posted by powdr
I don't really care if you like what I just wrote it's the truth and the truth sometimes hurts. powdr

AFAIK or remember in the last 8 years or so - there's only been 2 actual moderators here. Rick Bin and Art. So Rick Bin physically threatened you? Are you saying the owner of this site did that?

So please tell me, did Rick do this? What's the "truth" in your story? As long as we're talking "honesty".

Last edited by teal; 08/21/11.

Me

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
We've had more than 2 moderators from time to time. No, Mr. Rick has been a little short with me on ordering a stock a time or two but I don't think he knew just how little I knew about the process. He's always been a gentleman of the highest order in my opinion. Loyal to the members, honest to a fault, and a kind decent man.He has also acted, in my estimation, very professionally and fairly concerning any problem that has arisen
between members or matters concerning the forum itself. Great Guy in my opinion. If anyone has a reason to be on the rag from time to time...it is Rick, not the members he provides for.

P.S. What I really like about Rick is that he is a true "Hunter and Fisherman". Anybody that can come out of the Mexican desert with a 30in buck is no city slicker...no matter where he lives!

powdr

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Who are the other moderators? - seriously, been on here mostly every other day for the last 8 years - Rick Bin and Art have been the only guys I've EVER seen with moderator privileges.

Words mean things, who were the other moderators?

Me

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by teal
Who are the other moderators? - seriously, been on here mostly every other day for the last 8 years - Rick Bin and Art have been the only guys I've EVER seen with moderator privileges.

Words mean things, who were the other moderators?

Dogzapper is a Mod.

But I highly doubt he's the one powdr has taken issue with.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Ah yes - that's one I forgot.

So Rick, Art and Steve. If it's a moderator, it would have to have been one of them. Perhaps Ken Howell, his status is "mod-esque"

So one of these guys threatened you - honesty, truth and all that.

Me

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I don't know [bleep] know teal! Said he was a moderator. You win. powdr

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
it was Sysop

the dude's a badazz, he'll light your azz up if you don't fly right.

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Page 23 of 30 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 29 30

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

END YOURBOW RIGHT RAIL 3 -->
Who's Online Now
544 members (1badf350, 222ND, 219DW, 1Longbow, 10ring1, 204guy, 64 invisible), 2,577 guests, and 1,167 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,481
Posts18,529,689
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.