Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 16 of 28 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 27 28
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by logcutter
This is horrible.I have a special place in my heart for Smoke Pole...The man loves to argue and doesn't cross the line often and offers examples and proof of his endeavors unlike some trolls that only want to argue and put down.

That's what it is all about rather than getting down in the dirt calling names and not offering any evidence of even being an outdoors man/hunter rather wanting to act like a troll just spitting out high school dribble.

So Smoke..I really don't care how much a rifle weighs,I do care how it handles/comes to my pull for quick shot and of course,accuracy.I don't have or shoot wild cats or custom rifles.The closest thing to a custom is my pre-'64 270 Winchester thats weighs in naked over 8lbs but I dress it and the weight I could care less about,because that puppy fits me as well as any rifle I own.

To end this...I really don't care what a rifle weighs if I like it and it fits me and get this...I don't publically complain about 16 ounces of anything bothering me..Chit...A camera weighs how much on average and I don't own one.

How many items in a guys pack does he use on every trip?I take what I need and only that and I think after over 50 years of hunting Elk,I have an idea what I need and don't need.....

Jayco

I feel that you boast and antagonize a bit too much. Maybe you could try getting along with others instead of calling them out?

GB1

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco
do us a favor and post some pix of that.

That doesn't make any sense. If there'd been anyone there to take pictures I wouldn't have been trying to load that stupid bovine into the truck *by myself*, would I? And if there had been someone else there, and they'd been taking pictures instead of pitching in to get the work done, I'd have been pretty pissed.

Last edited by T_O_M; 08/13/11.

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by T_O_M
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco
do us a favor and post some pix of that.

That doesn't make any sense. If there'd been anyone there to take pictures I wouldn't have been trying to load that stupid bovine into the truck *by myself*, would I? And if there had been someone else there, and they'd been taking pictures instead of pitching in to get the work done, I'd have been pretty pissed.

Perhaps it was the 'lacy panties' that he was asking for a pic of. shocked

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C'mon.. Who would want to see pix on the internet of some guy in lace panties loading some dead critter into a truck..
grin

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
John Moses might......

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
IC B2

N
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
N
Originally Posted by ingwe
John Moses might......

might??

It's a great life if you don't weaken..
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Jayco, did you play Izzy Mandelbaum on Seinfeld?

I have blackbelts in 2 styles of martial arts and trained extensively in boxing and kickboxing. I know and have trained with a number of very tough and very accomplished fighters. One thing I have noticed is that the toughest, baddest, and most physically capable guys are the ones that don't go around saying how tough they are. In my experience, the guys that say how tough they are are the first ones to get their ass handed to them.

You are a passive-aggressive old prick that has a lot of self-esteem issues. You bring absolutely nothing to the Campfire. Just my opinion.

"I am at heart a meat hunter."
John Barsness, The Life of the Hunt
L
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
Colin

Go back and quote me where I said I was tough...Please quote me where I said I was tough..I said my boys are,and they are..

Your the one posting how tough you are,not me.

Since we are on an elk hunting forum,give us a quick run down on your elk hunting experiences and how rifle weight effects you hunting Elk.Is 16 ounces of rifle weight a determining factor in you choosing a firearm to hunt with.

Jayco

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cViX...BA70381B6324A&index=6&playnext=2

heres some hand gun kills , showing its mostly shot placement that counts, less than ideal shot placement above, better results below

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKTeEmNUkjw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n295MguvbwU

L
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
340mag

That's what it is all about..Slam bam and your out with a well placed shot like this handgun on an Elk video you linked to....

Awesome!!!

Jayco

IC B3

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I looked up logcutter on urban dictionary. Closest I could find was logsplitter. laugh My children refer to them as special needs..

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I will bet atleast 75% of the whiners about rifle weight,have never been in the military where they make men out of boys.Benning sure changed my way of life at 17. grin

I mean were not talking tons of weight,just 16 ounces and it breaks a hunt to some!!!!Sad....

Yet your in shape?

Do you think weight or boot choice matters to these guys that are in shape?

[Linked Image]

Jayco

Weight of gear matters so much to these guys that millions and millions of your taxpayer dollars just to shave fractions of ounces from each little piece of gear. Lots of folks have served the armed forces. I thought boot camp was superfun. You didn't learn much.
http://www.soldiermod.com/volume-5/mers.html

L
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
You didn't learn much

Really...How far have you packed an M-1 at 9.5 lbs as Military Issue?

I learned alot,it seems you didn't..If you want to talk trash,take it somewhere else,if you want to talk elk hunting,let's talk.

You tell me how 16 ounces of rifle/scope/sling weight effects you at the end of the day compared to what you take along with it on your back or around your neck and which is more important,stuff you don't need or your rifle?.

Jayco

L
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by Greenhorn
I looked up logcutter on urban dictionary. Closest I could find was logsplitter. laugh My children refer to them as special needs..

You apparently have no clue about logging..A logcutter is a person whom falls tree's/limbs them and cut's them to length as he goes,one tree at a time, leaving only logs ready to be skidded and loaded,not tree length un-limbed tree's as some do.

It was more work but more money than the way alot of them do it now.

Jayco

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
You didn't learn much

Really...How far have you packed an M-1 at 9.5 lbs as Military Issue?

I learned alot,it seems you didn't..If you want to talk trash,take it somewhere else,if you want to talk elk hunting,let's talk.

You tell me how 16 ounces of rifle/scope/sling weight effects you at the end of the day compared to what you take along with it on your back or around your neck.

Jayco

I couldn't teach you how to hunt elk, mostly because you're old and dumb. If you can't remember that NOBODY in boot camp wanted to carry the heaviest stuff, you've killed a lot of brain cells since then - that is if you ever had any. At the end of the day, when you are wiped out from doing more than sitting in a saddle, lightening your load makes a difference. It's why there's a lot of money being dumped into shaving the weight from military equipment.

For what it's worth, I've carried an M60 machine gun with ammo, and a full ruck for 12 miles one day, which was absolute child's play to the stuff I've encountered while hunting elk and other things..

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by Greenhorn

You apparently have no clue about logging..A logcutter is a person whom falls tree's/limbs them and cut's them to length as he goes,one tree at a time, leaving only logs ready to be skidded and loaded,not tree length un-limbed tree's as some do.

It was more work but more money than the way alot of them do it now.

Jayco

Awesome funny. www.urbandictionary.com search on logsplitter. You're the butt of a joke you don't understand which is nothing new.

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
The M16A2 with M203 won't exactly "light", and I'd take my 7.75 lbs .30-06 to that all day, any day, when hunting. Weight makes a difference.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I think the M60 with a can of belted ammo is over 30lbs.. could be wrong, but I do remember it wasn't something I'd want to carry elk hunting. Though it might be fun to set up on a hillside with one and get the orange glow going.

L
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
At the end of the day, when you are wiped out from doing more than sitting in a saddle, lightening your load makes a difference

Not if your in shape...What do you do for a living that 16 ounces of rifle weight, makes that much of a difference?

How much does a standard sniper rifle weigh??????

Jayco

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
You are dumb and that's the bottom line.

Page 16 of 28 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 27 28

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

348 members (17CalFan, 06hunter59, 1_deuce, 1badf350, 345dl, 219 Wasp, 47 invisible), 2,311 guests, and 1,259 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,973
Posts18,519,820
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.