-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 25 of 30 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 29 30
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There are very few better guys on here than Dober.

Powdr must be off his meds judging from some of his posts lately.

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
GB1

S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by nsaqam

I would have to agree, I had asked for some info on bear hunting that he had written, he got it to me pronto.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
One thing I've noticed throughout this entire thread is that if you're not beating Sitka relentlessly then you're seen as supporting him and his actions.

It isn't that black and white.

I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by jim62

Like said,

If Splatter really HAD told Art to "just keep his property" THAT communication would have surfaced by now.

Art has no problem exposing constantly about what he "knows" on this site for 10 years+, but now is strangely silent about providing "proof" of anything on his behalf about this situation. He is taking the 5th. No pics of any work done to date, no proof of any FUBAR stock shaping before he got it,no communications from Spatter to "just keep his property"..

That's because there IS none.

And one thing is for DAMN sure, and that is Art cannot produce a bill of sale or other title proving he owns ANY of it.

Dream on [bleep]- keep defending the indefensible.

You look funny doing it.

If I had communication or a proof of sale and Splat kept pulling this chit - I'd hold onto it until he pushed the legal thing and then watch him REALLY step on his crank. Way I am - screw with me and I'm right? I'm gonna screw back.

Maybe Art did steal the stuff - I don't know for sure - I see people pointing fingers and I hear 1/2 stories. I'm MUCH more inclined to believe that there's something else going on based upon bad communication or cross wires or WHATEVER than a guy's a POS. Mostly because I've seen too much from Sean and Rick and numerous others here to believe they'd chose a POS to be friends with or to help run this place.

I do see a guy who's been rather stand up around here since inception and I also see a bunch of turds ready to write a guy off based upon one person who drops a turd in a punch bowl and walks out.

He's disappeared from the thread.

I don't really give 2 chits what you or anyone else on this damned site thinks of me. Cripes it's like the 8th phugging grade around here too often. "waahhhh so and so said mean things about me...."

As a smart man once said - you guys need to get laid.

Me

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Dober, I was gonna PM but figured everybody here might as well know just how bad you really are.

Got something in the mail on Friday.

You nasty sob.....grin

Thanks for the Carhartt yote coat and vest!

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Big plus one to that.

Mark has been very willing to help me out with elk hunting stuff, and has always returned my calls, though maybe not instantly. laugh
He even sent me a copy of a bear hunting article that he was working on, and which I enjoyed.

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Mark R Dobrenski

Lastly, I recall the first time we had reason to pm POWDR a few years back. Seems to me you were searching for a safety for a Mauser and it seems to me that someone sent you a nice 2 piece safety and it seems to me that the price was fairly reasonable ( free right...) and it seems to me that that person was me right...?

No good deed goes unpunished...azzhole... grin

I felt compelled to say that...I guess I need to quit reading those turdlike posts....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There've been a passel of moderators on the Campfire forums through the years. I was one � very briefly, a long time ago � but begged off. Camera Land Doug is one. So is Steve Timm.

And there may be others. I haven't checked, but I'm sure that if you look for that little yellow "M" tag next to some members' names, you'll find a bunch � certainly more than one.

And for the record, I've never bought or offered to buy any kind of a gun from anyone here. The one time when I bought a camera from a member will forever be my last.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Seems funny to me that he didn't have any trouble answering my pm about the dies but he can't remember to call a guy "after he asked for his number". Sam as far as I'm concerned you're just another sheep butt [bleep] Montana [bleep]. He's a selfish, self centered, egotistical fellow.If he wants to help you he might? Otherwise go take a flying leap at a rollin donut.I'm building a Mashburn but it's got nothing to do with him! As a matter of fact if it was up to his influence I wouldn't.

P.S. I found a set of dies so thank God I don't have to depend on him for anything!

powdr

Last edited by powdr; 08/21/11.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Teal, out of curiosity, did you read the other 2-3 threads on this over the last year-plus?

I stuck up for Art TWICE on those threads, even though he'd not piss on me if I was on fire. But this is ridiculous.

Whether the WHOLE story is out there, I don't know. But within those threads and this one, most of it certainly is. Including a bunch of PM's between the two gentlemen.

I have no idea why Art is turning this into such a drama fest but e deserves to be called out for it. He has Splat's stick, cartridge trap, and a barrel blank. He started work on the stock, found a problem he'd missed, said it was fixable, said itd be done in a matter of weeks, then.... nothing. For like a YEAR. Now he's openly mocking Splat for asking for his stuff back.

Art might be the greatest guy in the world but he's acting like an azzhole here. IMHO. Can you even imagine the... gutting that would ensue if virtually any other member had done this?! I stuck up for the guy and now I'M feeling like an idiot for doing so. mad

Last edited by Jeff_O; 08/21/11.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Powdr... I can speak for Dober, in that we shared a profession... his phone rings constantly. The damn things are evil. They rule your life. If he forgot to call you, he forgot! What's the big deal? You've never forgotten to return a call?

Last edited by Jeff_O; 08/21/11.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Jeff it's called the chrony hierarchy. The higher you are the more precedence you have. powdr

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Jezzuusss powdr, cry a little more why don't you. Pusss
Seems to me you tossed a turd in the wrong punch bowl.

Mark

NRA Life Member
Anytime anyone kicks cancers azz is a good day!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by m_stevenson
Jezzuusss powdr, cry a little more why don't you. Pusss
Seems to me you tossed a turd in the wrong punch bowl.

Amen!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by powdr
Jeff it's called the chrony hierarchy.

I always thought that went - Oehler, and then all others.....

Me

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O

I would add +100 on Dobers helpfulness on this site. Mark spent over an hour on the phone with me one evening discussing bear hunting with me, as I was going to start. He has assisted me with build ideas and loading ideas for my .240 Weatherby. he also send me a box full of various .338 WM bullets for me to try on while developing a load. he is definately one of the good guys.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Jeff it's called the chrony hierarchy. The higher you are the more precedence you have. powdr

Care to opine about all the other stuff Dober has done for you?

Or just ignoring that?

If one forgotten phone call gets you like this, you must be on hard times fella...

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
Powdr, Mark is the real deal, send him a pm and work out your hard on. Art on the other hand, fix this crap. If you have the mans stuff, send it to him. If you continue to act like a bitch, it will only hurt you..... Russ

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Seems funny to me that he didn't have any trouble answering my pm about the dies but he can't remember to call a guy "after he asked for his number". Sam as far as I'm concerned you're just another sheep butt [bleep] Montana [bleep]. He's a selfish, self centered, egotistical fellow.If he wants to help you he might? Otherwise go take a flying leap at a rollin donut.I'm building a Mashburn but it's got nothing to do with him! As a matter of fact if it was up to his influence I wouldn't.

P.S. I found a set of dies so thank God I don't have to depend on him for anything!

powdr

Pretty GOD DAMNED funny that I post pics for you for items for sale and a few months later you ask if I will do it again and I say yes and you ask for my email but never sent the pictures. I spent countless hours checking my email to see if you would send the pictures, but nothing.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Teal,Did you read the last thread about this subject? The pm's,

03/17/10.

"The trap will not be an issue to install. Did not realize it is in the white and essentially unshaped... Are you going to do the polishing or is that something you want me to do?

My steps:
Install metal in wood which will leave a little metal proud.

Reduce metal to shape of stock.

Next step is to polish metal, which can take a while... I can reduce metal edges to match the stock, leaving metal proud for you to draw file to shape... Or I can do it. WIll not take long, but can be tricky...
art".

And then,
08/19/10.
"Had cut into it before I realized what was going to happen or I would never have gone there. Nothing that cannot be fixed... Just time.
art".

I guess your right, it was all just a big Christmas gift.

Page 25 of 30 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 29 30

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

518 members (160user, 01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 06hunter59, 1936M71, 10gaugemag, 67 invisible), 2,437 guests, and 1,164 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,699
Posts18,513,711
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.