Hop To
Page 27 of 30 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 30
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by jim62

What you been up to Ida?

I have not seen you post here in a while!

You been busy shooting those '03 Springfields of yours?

Summer is a busy time for me it seems between working and helping out on a local ranch.

I mostly lurk but do post occasionally.

As far as the Springfields go, yah I do shoot them a bit. I have three in various stages of completion and when they are finished I think I will quit adding them to the safe. If I counted correctly the last time I was in the safe, I think that will make ten total including the one full military one.

I picked up a 30-40 Krag in the last year and that has been taking most of my shooting time lately.

Larry
"Speed is fine but accuracy is final" - Bill Jordan
"We do not exaggerate when we state positively that the remodelled Springfield is the best and most suitable "all 'round" rifle".......Seymour Griffin, GRIFFIN & HOWE, Inc. wink
GB1

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Glad you are doing OK..

Don't be such a stranger around here..

When you get some more of those '03 builds done, post some pics..

It will class the joint up a bit. grin

Last edited by jim62; 08/21/11.

To all gunmaker critics-
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.."- Teddy Roosevelt
H
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
H
Originally Posted by Mark R Dobrenski
Originally Posted by powdr

Another of your favorite chronys is always bragging about changing the world one 7mm Mashburn at a time. His favorite lines are send me your phone # and I'll walk you through the process, whatever you need to know just contact me, I'll help you any way I can. He's had my phone # for over a month. Guess how many calls I have received? If the world is waiting on him to change the world with one of these rifles at a time they've got a hell of a long wait!

See what I mean...

I mean seriously I forget (never mind that something happend a couple days b4 his pm to me that was fairly life changing and I wasn't perfectly on my game) forget one call and it's open season and Bertuzzi is off the bench and the gloves are on the ice....

Never mind the calls I did remember to make, never mind the times I've sent my reamer to a smith to help someone out with a MSM build (just got it back yesterday from another MSM build 3rd time in as many months). Never mind the times I've sent dummy rounds, sent formed brass, loaned my dies to folks (during season), helped people out with more than a fair bit of load developement and so on. And never mind the multiples of emails and pm's that I've received and answered. Miss one call and wowsa it's tee time baby... wink

Recently as you know I bought a 2nd set of 7 MSM dies, now I really didn't need them but I choose to buy them for a couple of reasons. That being that the seller had bought them at Art Mashburns shop and I thought that was kind of kool, and the second reason was so I could use them as a loaner pair for someone who has a new 7 MSM and is awaiting dies. I can send them these dies and help them out for a bit, and keep my old set around and they can get to working with their new rig.

And that's the reason POWDR that when you pm'd me and told me that you'd really wanted to buy the set from the seller and would I sell them to you I said no as I wanted to follow thru with my original idea of having them around for a loaner.

Lastly, I recall the first time we had reason to pm POWDR a few years back. Seems to me you were searching for a safety for a Mauser and it seems to me that someone sent you a nice 2 piece safety and it seems to me that the price was fairly reasonable ( free right...) and it seems to me that that person was me right...? If I recall right when you pm'd me thx and asked if there was anything you could do as you really liked what I sent if I recall right I merely asked you to if you were a church goer to next time you went toss in a couple of bucks in the plate or give it to the youth group.

And lastly, a while back when you were talking 338/06 for a Mauser I almost, note I said almost sent you my Channlyn barrel from my 338/06 and my dies. Now you never asked for this or anything, just something I was gonna do to help a brother out....

Long and the short POWDR I sure hope that someday when you forget to make a phone call that whoever's on the end is forgiving...

Mark D

Jesus,

This thread even has the thud of Dober going under the bus....
What a shame..."chrony", Dober? Hardly.
What galls me is the act of asking to get something for nothing and getting nothing is some sort of unforgivable travesty and the guy with the something is schit.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Well look what the cat drug in.

grin

Randy, I was gonna go to bed but on your account one more beer.

Brother is back for a week or two on break from school.
Him and a bud and myself made it until midnight on Busch Light and Canadian Club last night.
Getting too old for wakin' up early the next day....grin

[bleep]......(grin)

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
At least no one turned this thread to complete [bleep] by mentioning a 222 Remington Magnum...

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
IC B2

H
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
H
Originally Posted by Steelhead
At least no one turned this thread to complete [bleep] by mentioning a 222 Remington Magnum...

Its official, the thread is now complete schit....complete and utter schit...

Anybody try [bleep] someones wife yet? Bout the only thing missing....

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Lame cartridge and an even lamer caliber.

Logsniffer wouldn't even shoot a pack rat with one.

H
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
H
And they usually aren't heavy enough....

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I nailed Sam's sheep.

H
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
H
Close enough....

If you used a condom it doesn't really count and Sammer shouldn't have hurt feelers...

IC B3

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Made from her sister!

[Linked Image]

H
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
H
It was a she?

He might not forgive you then...

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P

Nor by saying it is a "Canucks" fault. crazy

"The 375HH is the greatest level of power you can get for the investment in recoil." (JJHack)
79s and losttrail, biggest waste of air.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Partsman

It's Mulroney's fault wink

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Miss Lynn

You are right, but then women always are! whistle

"The 375HH is the greatest level of power you can get for the investment in recoil." (JJHack)
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Miss Lynn

You are right, but then women always are! whistle

You are sooooooooooooooooooooooooo smooth wink grin

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I can be, with the right women. blush

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This thread at least proves one thing.

The line between men and sniping old ladies has been irreparably blurred.

Ken's schit hook comment made it worth reading though. Haven't heard that word in a long time. Laffin.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Pictures.
Originally Posted by HawkI

Its official, the thread is now complete schit....complete and utter schit...

Anybody try [bleep] someones wife yet? Bout the only thing missing....

Ideas are far more powerful than guns, We dont let our people have guns. Why should we let them have ideas. "Joseph Stalin"

He who has braved youths dizzy heat dreads not the frost of age.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
This is all Obama's fault. You people have entirely too much time on your hands..

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Page 27 of 30 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 30

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

536 members (1minute, 06hunter59, 10Glocks, 160user, 01Foreman400, 1badf350, 69 invisible), 2,429 guests, and 1,132 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,701
Posts18,513,776
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.