Page 5 of 29 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 28 29
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by southtexas
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by tedthorn
My Dad is an "old school" deer hunter....I kill more deer in a year than he has in his life (8) my way.
Well lotsa people do suck at hunting. I do it completely old school myself and averaged 4.7 per season over the past 10 years.{didn't keep track before that} There aren't any food plots where I hunt and I haven't set foot in a treestand since the 90's. I could kill more if I could get more tags. Way more.

The question is, why do you have this need to continually tell everyone that you are the second coming of Daniel Boone/Davy Crockett, and everyone else is just a wannabe hunter.

"Look at me, I am tough, my daddy can whip your daddy." Kinda sad...
That was an attempt to refute tedhorns assertion that "old school" methods will doom one to failure/low success rates when nothing could be further from the truth. On the other hand, you'll never learn how to be successful without the use of modern crutches like food plots and feeders if you don't try. There are an awful lot of successful deer "hunters" these days who posess almost no woodsmanship/hunting skills at all. Without the use of food plots, feeders and elevated shooting houses/stands, they're nearly helpless and I think that's kinda sad. I never said anything about it at the time but there was a story posted on here awhile back by a little girl who killed her first buck {and a nice one at that} under a feeder from an elevated shooting house in Texas. That story paints a picture that perfectly illustrates what I'm talking about, and quite frankly, it made me puke in my mouth just a little when I read it. I hope someday she has the opportunity to learn that there can be more to deer hunting than just filling up a feeder and climbing into a shooting house.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
and quite frankly, it made me puke in my mouth just a little when I read it.

why do you care so much how other folks spend their free time?

Isnt' it better that that little girl is enjoying the outdoors, and the "hunt" rather than sitting at home playing video games?

why is the way you hunt the only acceptable way?

I understand that you hunt with a 30-30 and a 243. Don't you know there are others who think those tools give you an unfair advantage, and REAL "old school hunters" don't do it that way?

If you lived in an area without thousands acres of public land to access, and the only option was to hunt smaller places, for which moving around thru the woods is not possible. What would you do? Just not hunt at all?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I would poach. wink

If you want to talk old school, hunt with a recurve, better yet kill a bunch of stuff while hunting with a recurve.

It's a slippery slope when we start criticizing others methods of hunting...

As long as it's legal and fair chase, I don't hold any method of hunting against anyone.

Just hunt.

JM

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Why yes I do hunt with a .30-30 and a .243 during rifle season. I also hunt with an open sighted T/C Hawken muzzleloader during MZ season and occasionally a Bear kodiak Magnum recurve during bow season. In the past, I've also taken deer with shotguns and handguns. I don't begrudge anyone hunting the way they wish but when they only do the food plots/ feeders/Quality deer management/ grow-a-trophy thing exclusively, they almost always end up turning into real dickheads and start whining about others who spook "their" deer or kill their "trophy buck" before it's "ripe" with that nasty stillhunting/ dog hunting/ driving/ stalking/ tracking {you name it} nonsense and then what happens ? I'll give ya a clue there spanky, it ain't the stillhunters/ trackers/ dog hunters who end up trying to get laws/rules restricting the food plot/feeder/shooting house bunch !

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
Jeff, don't bother with Blackheart. You're a great guy, but his ability to be an ignorant jackwagon far exceeds your ability to reason with an idiot. It's an unwinnable battle.

+1. A classic example of a guy who's much more impressed with himself than anybody else is.

Just like Flinch grin

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
they almost always end up turning into real dickheads and start whining about others who spook "their" deer or kill their "trophy buck" before it's "ripe" with that nasty stillhunting/ dog hunting/ driving/ stalking/ tracking {you name it} nonsense and then what happens ?

Well, you were doin' ok there for a little, but then you make this incredible leap of inductive logic.

To me the dickheads are the ones who would require that everyone hunt the way that they do, or they can't be real hunters.

Again, I'll ask: What if the local situation doesn't allow still hunting, tracking, dog chasing? If you've hunted "everywhere" like you claim, you would know that there are many areas where your vaunted techniques just are not possible. I'm sure we'd all like to live near a gazillion acre national forest where we could hunt in perfectly "virgin" conditions. But most of us don't.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I can't help it if you don't have room to hunt the way you want. Move.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'm a total DICKHEAD!!!!

[Linked Image]

And I like it! laugh

Wood is Good.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
BASTID!

I wouldn't hunt with you....

Unless you invited me.... wink

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You'd have to hunt with TOTAL DICKHEAD JUNIOR!

[Linked Image]

I love that boy.

Wood is Good.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
What some fail to realize, hence the "ignorant" comment, is that there's lots of ways to enjoy hunting. Call it old school, new school, or whatever. I call it doing what I like.

Here's me and the the dudes going to load up a feeder. Later this year they'll sit in a pop-up ground blind and blast some critters, right off the trail.
[Linked Image]

Here's #1 & #3 with 300+ inches of bone taken about 2 miles from the truck, where everyone said there were no deer. We slept in a hotel every night.
[Linked Image]

They got packed out just like this little one taken the next year.
[Linked Image]

Here's where I spent a week in Colorado, lotsa more miles away from the truck, looking for another big muley and thinking I was gonna freeze every night. The little yellow spot in the bottom center-right is our tent.
[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Tell him I'd like to shoot a whitetail like that one when I grow up... grin

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 4_S_ter
You'd have to hunt with TOTAL DICKHEAD JUNIOR!

[Linked Image]

I love that boy.

There's some serious tine-age on that buck.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I can't help it if you don't have room to hunt the way you want. Move.

Brilliant answer. All the millions of people who live in areas where they can't be "real hunters" should just need to move to an area near a national forest, so they can hunt in a way that is acceptable to you.

Gotta hand it to ya. smirk

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Why can't you hunt the way you want ? Some dickhead deer farmers won't allow it cuz they're afraid it'll [bleep] up their feeder/shooting house/trophy farm buck setup ?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
From May 20th and 21st of this year...

Originally Posted by ranger1
Not one red cent to buy access or block others from it, however.
Me neither, never have and NEVER WILL. Anybody who does is a lowlife [bleep]' scumbag !

There are two farms still left in my family. One is posted now but permission to hunt is routinely granted free for the asking and many do hunt it every year. The other one my uncle still refuses to post and anyone who wishes is welcome to hunt.

Blackheart, we'd like to have a 24HCF hunt at your place this fall. Of course it'll be free for the asking since you're not a lowlife scumbag. You mind letting us know when the season is and sending some directions?

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Bh: stop....cool down...go pour a couple jiggers of hooch...and get back to us when you are in a better mood.... grin

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Dude, that's the weird thing. The better mood never seems to come.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
There's just one problem with you hunting here. You ain't been invited.

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
I guess im a part time dickhead......

The view one sees is his own
Practitioner of the ancient art of skank fu
Page 5 of 29 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 28 29

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

75 members (338reddog, 8MMX57JS, Akhutr, 8 invisible), 898 guests, and 818 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,091
Posts18,522,103
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.