-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 29 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 28 29
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
I dunno...he was downright funny one night....

And I mean funny in a "good" way...... grin

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Blackheart
There's just one problem with you hunting here. You ain't been invited.

Nope, but I wish to and I'm asking. Nicely.

There are two farms still left in my family. One is posted now but permission to hunt is routinely granted free for the asking and many do hunt it every year. The other one my uncle still refuses to post and anyone who wishes is welcome to hunt.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Has JD #7 been approved as a treatment for BHDH syndrome?

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by mathman
Has JD #7 been approved as a treatment for BHDH syndrome?
Yes !

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
The good news is there are several million acres of state land here that anyone can hunt. The bad news is there aren't any food plots, feeders or shooting houses/tree stands on it and baiting ain't allowed. If you really wanted to come here I can put you on tons of state land and several thousand acres of private land too. I'd do it for someone I like and have many times. I just ain't too sure I like you.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Why can't you hunt the way you want ? Some dickhead deer farmers won't allow it cuz they're afraid it'll [bleep] up their feeder/shooting house/trophy farm buck setup ?

We're not discussing me. I am blessed to be able to hunt as much as I want, where I want and how I want. But there are lots of folks who own or have access to only small properties (and this situation is getting worse as more an more folks buy their little ranchettes in the country) of say 40 acres. They want to hunt. You can't very well still hunt on property that size without chasing all the deer off the property, or endangering other folks. What are these folks supposed to do? Not hunt? Go out west? I know, just move...

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Very nice Bluedreaux. Those kids look like fine young men. Here's one from a DICKHEAD cooperator.

[Linked Image]

I'm a proud DICKHEAD!! Any others out there? Part time or full time. Don't matter. smile laugh grin

Wood is Good.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by southtexas
Why can't you hunt the way you want ? Some dickhead deer farmers won't allow it cuz they're afraid it'll [bleep] up their feeder/shooting house/trophy farm buck setup ?

We're not discussing me. I am blessed to be able to hunt as much as I want, where I want and how I want. But there are lots of folks who own or have access to only small properties (and this situation is getting worse as more an more folks buy their little ranchettes in the country) of say 40 acres. They want to hunt. You can't very well still hunt on property that size without chasing all the deer off the property, or endangering other folks. What are these folks supposed to do? Not hunt? Go out west? I know, just move...
Boy you're full-o-schit. I've got a little 32 acre spot I used to still hunt a buck off of of every danged year I hunted there.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Nobody ever said deer farmin' practices don't work dickhead.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Must not have hunted there very many years.

Wood is Good.
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have one 1/4 acre turnip plot. Dickhead.

Wood is Good.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
4 or 5 years I guess. My buddy hunted it for 40+ years and took bucks off it every season. You don't need a big piece of land if it's the right piece.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Pictures? It ain't [bleep] without pictures. Dickhead.

Wood is Good.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Well dickhead I don't have a digital camera or a scanner so I'm afraid I ain't gonna be putting up any pics. But hell, this is the internet anyway and I don't know you from Adam so how do I know those are really your pics or your deer ? It amazes me the dumbphucks who post pics of targets on here all the time and get taken as gospel.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yet you have a computer and post BS on web boards. Throws into question every post you have for me. Interwebs (borrowed that from Northern Dave) Go figure.

Wood is Good.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Gosh it really concerns me that you question my posts dickhead.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Winding down. Whew.

Wood is Good.
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
You get to really hunt. Most hunters of wt deer don't. To many,the challenge is to get a good deer for the wall by any legal means and hunting is sitting in the same blind every time they go hunting and hoping to see a good deer. Why they wear camo is to look like a hunter. The bad part is that so many 'hunters' are great hunters because they are often 12 hrs old and have monster deer you and I will never see the likes of. It's not about developing hunting skills or the enjoyment of pitting your ability against a deer, but in picking a good book to read while waiting on a good set of horns to beat your friends with. Small acreage and city slickers also makes it mandatory to 'hunt' in a safer manner in many areas.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
to the OP, a foodplot to me is a farmers 30 acre once-cut cornfield nestled in a little creek bottom and bordered by pine and thickets. keep the tecomate mix and atvs with plows and bags of deer cocaine with antler supplements. i'll take my woolrich coat, remington pump and a little six point sneaking past about 8am.

My diploma is a DD214
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Well, today you can either be a deer hunter or a deer farmer, your choice. Lot's choose to be farmers and if it didn't make it easier to kill deer I doubt like hell they'd bother.
Well, today you can either be a deer hunter or a deer farmer, your choice. Lot's choose to be farmers and if it didn't make it easier to kill deer I doubt like hell they'd bother.
You are right, but Texas has a lot more deer now than when I was a kid and they weren't farmed. Now, worry how many will die from drought. Even with food plots, most good bucks are hard to kill as the become nocturnal and circle plots well downwind before coming in.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Page 6 of 29 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 28 29

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

122 members (01Foreman400, 300_savage, 1_deuce, 308xray, 673, 2500HD, 9 invisible), 985 guests, and 945 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,090
Posts18,522,088
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.