Hop To
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
ROFLMAO!

"Knowing New Orleans city folks like you do, I'm sure you'd appreciate that one."

Last time I was there and on my way to Chalmette I remember seeing a sign in the yard of a house there next to the industrial canal drawbridge, "Coons for Sale"....

LOL! Never forget that!!!!!!!

Kaywoodie

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

GB1

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
A few years back the little bastards found the feed in my barn. Instead of ripping open 1 bag and eating from it they ripped open every one that was exposed (15 or so). Crapped and pissed everywhere.

2 live traps have thinned them out considerably. A sprinkle of cat food lures them inside. WV coons have not wised up yet. Interestingly though, this year has mostly seen young ones.

Fly bait mixed with grape juice works wonders. Critters drop within 5 feet of the dish. Problem is it kills indiscriminately. Fear for local pets has kept me from using this method although others find it very successful.

The magazine Fur Fish and Game advertises a trap that catches the coons front leg as he reaches in for the bait. IIRC ad states it is pet safe. I may give one a try someday.

I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Skirmishes are also occurring in the fine state of Idaho. Defenders in this locale have made effective use of live traps baited with "Little Friskies".

POW's may easily be enticed to nibble upon the muzzle of a Savage Striker in 17 HMR, which ends their combat career.

Defenders have called in canine reinforcements. A Jack Russel Terrier does effectively maintain a clear perimeter.

I have found it even more amusing to watch the dog chasing the varmints out of the yard than it is to shoot them. The dog has recently been vaccinated for rabies and gets a monthly dose of "Fipro-guard" to prevent transfer of external parasites.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
We got lots of coons here also; 98% on welfare!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Groan

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
IC B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Bigbuck215
Well, ya could make hats outa them skins. Start or revive a new fad. I can see all them NFL players getting off the bus wearing coon skin hats along with their wolf hide coats.

+1! grin

Two excellent Ideas! wink

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Gen Jubilation T Cornpone Sir,

Nothing to report over night here on the frontier.

All quiet and no probes.

They seem to have discovered my reach and stayed out of range.

Beware a flanking movement in you area.

Your Obt Svt,
Gen B Neu Sance.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Gen. I beg to report that flanking movement discovered.
The miscreant mudsill #8 is in durance vile and awaits a blind fold and a smoke.

I am going to go smoke him in a minute.

Y'r Ob't Sv't

Cornpone

Quando Omni Moritati
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
ROFLMAO!

"Knowing New Orleans city folks like you do, I'm sure you'd appreciate that one."

Last time I was there and on my way to Chalmette I remember seeing a sign in the yard of a house there next to the industrial canal drawbridge, "Coons for Sale"....

LOL! Never forget that!!!!!!!

Kaywoodie

Used to see signs like that every year we'd go back down to the Houston Fatstock show off south 288 and beltway 8 area...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
General Cornpone Sir,

Far North outpost reporting. Have recently discovered 3 of the enemy scaling a fruit bearing tree. Suspect them of trying to breach perimeter by going over wire.

Ended threat immediately upon discovery. Can report that .44 special makes noticeable impression upon enemy. Shot placement not critical, large margin of error useful on fleeing enemy targets.

Next report will follow next enemy contact.

Respectfully,

Pvt. Property

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
With the thanks of a greatful nation, raise that man to corporal.

Gen. Cornpone

Quando Omni Moritati
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
Wifey says I gotta use the CB longs...... Jeez..... " I don't want you waking the neighbors!" she says...... Cmon, ain't like I'm using the freakin' Holland & Holland!!!! They live way he** other side of the pasture!!!! I wanna bust a coon!!!!

Kaywoodie

Try Remington Sub-Sonic LR HP's. They don't break the sound barrier and don't make that much noise. And, they're accurate, more so than some of the other stuff. I use them with my suppressor.

DF

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
CHEM/BIO WARFARE PLAN:

Depends on you morals but Golden Marlin fly pellets and Pepsi in a tin pie pan. A person I knew had them chewing up wiring in very expensive earth movers. Made a "dessert pan" for them. No BS he left it for 3 days and had 10 dead 'Coons! Draw a ten foot circle around plate. NOTHING will make it out of the circle. Just be sure nothing you like can get to it. They cant resist the stuff.

Last edited by k20350; 08/24/11.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I heartily concur.

Gen. Neu Sance

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Well, the camera showed what I thought wasn't there too bad. Showed I have 4 resident coons. But mostly they eat what the deer drop out of the feeder.

I'll get with them during bow season though I suspect.

At least its not tons of them. So many deer tracks I guess the deer tracks wipe out the tracks of the coons by the time I go look.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I dispatched # 10 this am. They have kind of slowed down. grin

Quando Omni Moritati
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have relaxed the sentries and one slipped past the pickets last night. The dog ran it of of his feed dish about midnight. I'll go back on full alert tonight and re-set the trap.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Edmund Burke 1795

"Give me liberty or give me death"
Patrick Henry 1775
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Been eerily quiet on our front, I know they are laying back and plotting. Word might be afoot that I am in process of acquiring the latest state of the art sniper rifle in .243 Win.

Gn'l Neu Sance

Old cat turd!

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Gen. Cornpone,

It is with urgency that I write of the latest development.

The enemy has recruited scouts from another species to throw us off course.

My Wardog/Sentry alerted me to intruders and I discovered two B.A.R.'s (Big Ass Rats) probing the defenses around the birdfeeders last night. One succumbed to a .22CB long and the other was dispatched by my War Dog, Lady, pictured below.
[Linked Image]

The Sgt. Maj. has informed me that if I deploy Golden Malrin around our post that R&R will become a thing of the past.

Y'r Ob't Sv't

Maj. Malfunction

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Been eerily quiet on our front, I know they are laying back and plotting. Word might be afoot that I am in process of acquiring the latest state of the art sniper rifle in .243 Win.

Gn'l Neu Sance

Old cat turd!

Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

642 members (160user, 007FJ, 1936M71, 10gaugemag, 1234, 1lessdog, 65 invisible), 2,892 guests, and 1,276 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,371
Posts18,469,186
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.