Hop To
Page 12 of 29 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 28 29
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by JGRaider
You know Drum, it doesn't matter whether it's hunting, your occupation, sports, or whatever......If you have to talk up your "game", then you ain't got one.
You [bleep]' Texans always crack me up. You always think the way you hunt in Texas is the only right way and if you can't accomplish it some other way, nobody else can either. I never once said I was the best hunter since Ishi died. What I did say is that it's obvious many here have little knowledge or experience with still hunting and obviously don't really know how to go about it correctly. That IS A FACT and it won't change because you refuse to listen to, and don't even want to hear from someone who has done it successfully for years. There is much truth to the old saying "you can lead a horse to water but you sure can't make him drink".

That should have hurt my feelings, but luckily for me, I had my feelings taken out with my tonsils when I was 5.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
GB1

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by rost495
Originally Posted by milespatton
I could see where you could ease through there without making much noise. Here the Oak leaves will be five or six inches thick, hiding dry sticks, I see no thickets and the deer would not be legal, unless there are brow tines that I can't see. That is another peeve of mine. Having to count to three on one side before you shoot. You will lose a lot of good shots and either have to take a marginal shot or not shoot. And there is a rock in the picture. No rocks here unless somebody carried it in. miles

Thank God your game department is managing the age structure by the point requirement. Most folks are too damn greedy to do managing and would shoot anything thats legal.
Point requirements are fine for stand hunters but not so good for drivers or trackers. Of course the food plot planting, feeder filling, deer farming, trophy hunter types don't give a damn about stepping on others toes so long as they get to shoot big antlered bucks the easiest way possible and as often as possible.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You know Drum, it doesn't matter whether it's hunting, your occupation, sports, or whatever......If you have to talk up your "game", then you ain't got one.
You [bleep]' Texans always crack me up. You always think the way you hunt in Texas is the only right way and if you can't accomplish it some other way, nobody else can either. I never once said I was the best hunter since Ishi died. What I did say is that it's obvious many here have little knowledge or experience with still hunting and obviously don't really know how to go about it correctly. That IS A FACT and it won't change because you refuse to listen to, and don't even want to hear from someone who has done it successfully for years. There is much truth to the old saying "you can lead a horse to water but you sure can't make him drink".

You sound just like another internet "tough guy"......trying to prove to all what he knows by his sharp and vulgar tongue....Let me give you a little advice, you ain't done nothing that hasn't been done before but a lot of hunters a whole lot more skilled than you ever will be....and they dont run around bragging about it.

Luck....is the residue of design...
[Linked Image]
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by scenarshooter

You sound just like another internet "tough guy"......trying to prove to all what he knows by his sharp and vulgar tongue....Let me give you a little advice, you ain't done nothing that hasn't been done before but a lot of hunters a whole lot more skilled than you ever will be....and they dont run around bragging about it.
Ain't braggin' about it. Just trying to tell these guys who say it isn't possible that it is. Other than that, [bleep] off pilgrim, nobody asked you.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Classy reply......

[Linked Image]
IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

That should have hurt my feelings, but luckily for me, I had my feelings taken out with my tonsils when I was 5.
Meaning last week ? Is your throat still sore ?

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Classy reply......
Your contribution wasn't exactly classy either.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You dont really want to go toe to toe, do you?.....laffin!

[Linked Image]
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Classy reply......

It was the truth and it wasn't ugly. Your response was exactly what we all expected, simply ignorant and ugly

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You dont really want to go toe to toe, do you?.....laffin!

Careful Pat! He's packing pruning shears! grin

IC B3

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by skybuster20ga
I could see where you could ease through there without making much noise. Here the Oak leaves will be five or six inches thick, hiding dry sticks, I see no thickets and the deer would not be legal, unless there are brow tines that I can't see. That is another peeve of mine. Having to count to three on one side before you shoot. You will lose a lot of good shots and either have to take a marginal shot or not shoot. And there is a rock in the picture. No rocks here unless somebody carried it in. miles

well my good sir, some places they can be deep like that, and the sticks underneath are part of it. thats why i like my non insulated lacross grange boots. i can feel them before i put my foot down. sometimes your gonna break a twig or two. big deal. there are brow tines on that little 6er. marginal shots are about as common as house flys up here. somehtin ppl have to cope w/. this buck was bedded down chewin his cud and took one almost head on. the 350 went about the whole length

Deer are killed every year in central and Northern New England using the methods described by Skybuster...it is pretty common here.

This does not mean it will work in all parts of the country, which is a silly conversation.

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Classy reply......

Edward.....when do you start giving scenar long range shooting lessons? I'm sure we can all learn from that too.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Why even bother asking? It's like poking a dog turd with a stick....

Now with even more aplomb
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Classy reply......

Edward.....when do you start giving scenar long range shooting lessons? I'm sure we can all learn from that too.

That would be like Blackheart "teaching" his parents how to screw. Pretty sure that had that down before he showed up.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Just trying to tell these guys who say it isn't possible that it is.

If my memory is any where close to good, you are the one that came on here not liking the way others hunt. The rest is people calling BS when they hear it. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Classy reply......

You're grasping at straws now you silly llittle puke. The depths that the scum will sink to around here is really quite astonishing.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Just trying to tell these guys who say it isn't possible that it is.

If my memory is any where close to good, you are the one that came on here not liking the way others hunt. The rest is people calling BS when they hear it. miles
It's not so much that I don't like it, I'll still sit a stand sometimes myself, I just think it's sad when they get stuck in the rut of one trick ponies and become so closed minded that they can't do anything else.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Classy reply......

You're grasping at straws now you silly llittle puke. The depths that the scum will sink to around here is really quite astonishing.

Your trash, plain and simple! You just told one of the classiest guys on this website to "[bleep] off pilgrim". Freaking loser!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Perhaps he has an issue with self-esteem?

Now with even more aplomb
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
ya think??? grin

Page 12 of 29 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 28 29

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

316 members (1lesfox, 160user, 10Glocks, 10ring1, 12344mag, 1eyedmule, 24 invisible), 1,926 guests, and 1,106 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,391
Posts18,469,842
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.