Print Thread
Hop To
Page 15 of 29 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 28 29
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by scenarshooter

BH, your comment about folks who hunt with guides being desperate so and so's is about as lame as it gets...I'd love to be there if you ever called the man in the above picture that to his face.

Well said Pat. wink

NICE bucks!

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
[Linked Image]

This fine young man made an annual trip to Montana with his father every fall to chase whitetail bucks, hunt antelope and kill a few pheasnts. He's one of the best and "coolest" rifle shots I've ever seen. He learned how to hunt deer in Upper Peninsula of Nothern Michigan.....desperate?....hardly.

Luck....is the residue of design...
[Linked Image]
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Pat...the only dude thats desperate around here is Blackheart...

But I suspect you knew that.....

Cool pics, as always! grin

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
[Linked Image]

Another "old schooler" from Pennsylvania. The first morning out he passed on a 160" whitetail.....he had his heart set on a good mule deer buck. This one was right at 30" wide.

[Linked Image]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hold on now...I'm desperate too.

Hey Bob,

The first buck I killed, I was following my dad and looking at his back the entire time as usual. mad

We came to a very small drainage that we had to cross, but first we had to crawl over a large downed oak.

Just as I layed my shotgun down to cross the tree, a buck broke cover and ran from left to right in front of us, dad missed him twice. grin

I grabbed my gun and the buck circled up the hill about 30 yds away and was standing in some thick cane. Dad said, "you see him? You see Him?" I said no, then I did see him and put a load of buckshot and a slug into his neck, which was all I could see.

So the moral of the story is sometimes you don't know how one will react in any given circumstance.

I always figured that was a gift from The Good Lord to a little boy that hunted his tail off, but wasn't going to kill anything without divine intervention. wink

JM

IC B2

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Sorry....a sin of exclusion...

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
[Linked Image]

Another skilled and dedicated whitetail hunter from Pennsylvania, who was a very dear and close friend. Ray hunted with me every year up until his untimely death at 62. He was a man of few words....he let his boot leather, binoculars and rifle do his tailking......Desperate? What an insult.

[Linked Image]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Pretty country there. Lots to look at. Great buck too.

JM

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
[Linked Image]

Another man that I consider a great friend. Pete grew up in the Northeast and cut his teeth on whitetail deer in heavily hunted areas and thick brush. His ability to glass and find game with binoculars is as good as I've ever seen. He's also one of the quietest walkers I ve ever hunted with. Desperate?

[Linked Image]
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by JohnMoses

I always figured that was a gift from The Good Lord to a little boy that hunted his tail off, but wasn't going to kill anything without divine intervention. wink

JM

JM: Sounds to me like you were "deserving"..... grin

Divine Intervention accounts for most of my kills...... blush

I may not be good, but someone,somewhere... is looking out for me sick

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The only desperate person here is Blackheart himself. He's so desperate for people to believe he is as skilled as he claims he is. He is so desperate to be noticed he resorts to being vile, disgusting and ignorant because in his pathetic little world he feels that any attention is good enough. I cannot imagine the self esteem and insecurity issues he deals with every day

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Great pics scenar, as usual. Thanks for sharing.

Amen Drum. All kidding aside, there's lots of folks here I'd love to hunt with. Sharing a blind or buckshot hunt with JM, hunting Montana with scenar, the plains country with Drum, woods, etc with BobinNH.......I freaking love it..... it's food for the soul.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
With all the talk on this thread about how southerners should be hunting I thought I�d take spin out to a management area I hunt fairly often and take a few pics. This whole area was under at least 10 foot of water back in May(?) and it�s only been reopened a few weeks so this was a good excuse to go back out there and poke around. I took a bunch of pics but they�re all just more of the same. Earlier in the thread someone mentioned �just going around the thick stuff�. This first pic is a ROW that cuts E-W across the property, the second is from the levee going N-S. The whole 12 mile road looks the same so you can see there really is no going around it. Thick woods is what it is. That�s where the deer live, if you wanna shoot one ya gotta go in after them.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
These next two pics are of different ATV trails going in. Off the sides of the trails you can see how thick these areas are. The trail is covered with banana spiders this time of year so I tried to get one in the pic but it�s out of focus.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
This is a maintained trail into the woods and again you can see how thick it is once you get off the trail. As deer season gets closer you�ll start seeing lots of little trails being cut of these main ones where guys will go in a ways to set up their stands.
[Linked Image]
These areas that are a little more open like this flood when the water gets higher. If you were to have any chance of still hunting these are the areas are to do it when they�re not flooded. In the picture it looks like you could move through pretty easily and you can but they don�t continue for long stretches. They�re basically just pockets of open area. Plus a lot of hunters set up stands in these little open areas and I wouldn�t feel too comfortable intentionally walking through Billy Bob�s shooting area
[Linked Image]
This last pic believe it or not is where I shot my deer last year. Admittedly this is the thickest spot out here that I hunt. There�s a number of others out here I hunt that are similar to this but it�s too hot to hike out to them. This one�s just a 5 min walk from the truck. The tree I jacked up on is about directly in the center of the picture on the edge of the embankment. It looks crazy in the picture but late in the season and a little work with a machete you can actually see to about 40-60 out in the woods from there. This spot was cut over about 8 years ago and it�s too thick to hunt further in but when I�ve hiked around in there there�s deer trails everywhere and some good sized deer. So even though it can be a real headache to hunt there�s a lot of guys that hunt this same stretch of woods.
[img]http://i599.photobucket.com/albums/tt71/TC260/Sherburne031.jpg[/img]
Sorry for the long post but it�s a long thread and thought it might shed some light on the subject of why people hunt the way they do.

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Looks like some of the management areas I hunt..... makes still hunting hard.

The view one sees is his own
Practitioner of the ancient art of skank fu
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by JohnMoses

I'd like to get Edward Scissor Hands and The All Seeing Eye together at a real campfire. That would be a hoot. grin

You me and skybuster at a real campfire really would be a hoot.

im not into the broke back mountain chit. sry

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That's good to know. Save me the trouble of having to stick your face in the coals. grin

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
jesus christ! thats aggressive! hahaha 30 pages!! wahoo

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Last year, after the past 10, we lost our lease, with it's permanent stands, box blinds, and cultivated food plots.

I am now hunting on SC -DNR public land...and loving it! I have been forced to LEARN how deer behave, look for lots more than a few prints and good trail, understand wind, etc, etc, etc. Until I can afford a decently light stand, I am hunting on the ground, and last year I only took one doe, but I SAW more deer and had SUCH A BETTER HUNTING EXPEREIENCE than I have NO INTENT to go back to food-plot land!

Psalm 19:14-May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.
_
Humble servant of Jesus Christ. Living His plan and praying to show it in name, word, body, and light.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
i just started carrying a camera into the field w/ my last season so i could take a few pics of the more interesting stuff. durring our hurricane today i found a few pics on my sd card from last season. thought ide share them w/ you guys. get an idea of the country side up here

from the bottom to the top. no hunters and usually a few good bucks hang around here
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

this ones worth tracking for sure
[Linked Image]

some of my fav. places to still hunt

[Linked Image]

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Have never hunted Maine, but that looks real familiar...:)

Defend the Constitution
Page 15 of 29 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 28 29

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

99 members (8MMX57JS, Akhutr, 01Foreman400, 79S, 9 invisible), 928 guests, and 839 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,091
Posts18,522,096
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.