-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My trap was sprung twice last night. The dog alerted me at 0300 and I saw the little devil stealing food through the side of the live trap. I loosed the hounds on him but he escaped over the fence. After re-baiting and setting the trap I retired for the night. At dawn I discovered the trap had been sprung again and all the booty had been taken.

The enemy has changed tactics and I fear he has enlisted mercenaries as there was an assault on the tool shed last night by what appears to be a large rat.

As my present conditions prevent the use of powder and ball I am considering the use of chemical weapons.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Edmund Burke 1795

"Give me liberty or give me death"
Patrick Henry 1775
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Might be time to send that sticky live trap off to the company armorer for a little trigger work.

Respectfully,

Cpl. Can Coon
Sole defender,
Northern coon defense outpost

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Last night we were attacked by a division of mercenary marsupials. The coons are now in cahoots with the possums and the rats.

[Linked Image]

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Edmund Burke 1795

"Give me liberty or give me death"
Patrick Henry 1775
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Cpl Coon

The invader looks to be in decent shape. Incarcerate him in a chicken coop and feed him on cornbread and milk for a week or two.

You may coerce a roast out of the little bugger.

Gen Cornpone

Quando Omni Moritati
C
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
C
To All Troops:

Maintain high alert. The enemy is on the move.
Beware flanking movements.
Our enemy is diabolical and bloodthirsty.
Decorations and suitable libations ordered for all.

Gen Cornpone

The enemy is trying to out flank you via the eastern seaboard. Was awakened early this morning by a skirmish in the lower 40. Seems Pvt. Jackal was ambushed while reconnoitering. He decided that discretion was the better part of valor, and retreated due to superior numbers. Was awarded Purple Heart for wounds suffered in battle.

Your Humble Servant,

Major Dick Head

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Extend Pvt Jackal our thanks and tell him he is mentioned in dispatches.
Rally to the colors men. The nefarious mudsills are everywhere.

Gen Cornpone.

Quando Omni Moritati
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
NORTHERN OUTPOST (MICHIGAN) REPORT:

I dispatched insurgant from recon post in tree behind a friendlies house. I understand cb caps have been effective in other fronts. My findings are that a 3.5 inch 12 gauge shell loaded /w 2.25oz of Heavy T-shot is VERY effective. Especially through jelly-head choke. No information was extracted from insurgant due to being neutralized with extreme prejudice. Also 2 sappers dispatched by friendly sniper w/ Rock River .223. 2 300yd shots to tree line. Also quite effective. One shot one kill policy was honored. Also concur on Marsupial conspiracy. Activity has been high after sundown. Was able to neutralize 2 last week w/ 2003 Peterbilt hauling 70,000 lbs of milk. Again no intelligence was collected due to extreme flattening.

END COMMUNIQUE
Major Woody

Last edited by k20350; 08/29/11.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
CCI .22 short hollow points. Works wonders on possums and 'coons in a Havahart trap. Caught hell from the neighbor for not being "sporting." Next possum was released and shot in a sporting manner, Died in his garage after bleeding all over his flagstone patio. Back to the previous routine. Last capture....a skunk! Let it go. Hopefully wont be back!

Happy Trails!
NRA Life Member
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Gen Cornpone;

Sir - I have been engaged in this war for months! The thought of killin chickens (without frying in my secret herbs ) is beyond diabotical! Its shameful! Kill tha bastids! My Army of the West Tennessee joins your forces. We are engaging with Walkers, Mt Curs, and Black and Tans. Our speciality is night infiltration and attack vs these nocturnal scoundrals. Kil Coons - Eat more Ky Fried!
Ur Ob Serv
Col Sanders

Last edited by RelodR; 08/29/11.

Take a kid hunting!!! Old member name - Reloader - joined 2001
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
With great regret, I report that our lines have finally been infiltrated.

Last night in the hay barn the trap nailed the first coon I"ve caught in probably 5 years... twas a teenager but he got a lesson in not coming back before being released to those ugly black birds.

I may well have to shortly do some due diligence in the deer pasture too.

Regards, and back to find another box of super Colibri...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Gen. Cornpone,

Troops were on post last night when War Dogs "Lady" and "Tessa the WonderLab" alerted to intruders.
After a careful stalk it was determined that the intruders were actually four members of the P.O.T.H.S. clan (Possum On The Half-Shell, aka Amaradillos).
The intruders had uprooted a significant area of lawn, which caused your scribe to trip on the uneven terrain in the dark,
Pleased to report that two of the intruders were dispatched with extreme predjudice, while the other two managed their escape.
On a more sobering note, collaborator neighbors gloated over providing food and water to the enemy and that there is a new crop of recruits that have appeared in the past week.

Will continue the good fight.

Your Obedient Servant,

Maj. Malfunction

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Dispatch from the front:
To All Troops:

It is noted that the war is widening and our mutual nefarious nemisis is increasing the pressure on our beligured forces.

We shall never surrender or retreat and do pledge ourselves to extracting from the enemy forces a bitter harvest of death.

Especial mention to Major Woody for his skillful use of heavy artillery. Well done. Double shot the guns and give them HELL.

Welcome also to the Army of West Tennessee. It is with thanks and a greatful heart that these gallant warriors along with their auxilaries are welcomed to the seat of war. The Volunteer State lives up to its fame.

Be it long rememberd that this war for the sancity of our homes, our wives our sweethearts, our chickens and our groceries is open to all without reguard to race creed or geographical location. Unless you are a member of the coon, possum, or rat consortium. Fie in the face of PETA and their sordid ilk.

We have identified the enemy as a flea infested, ring tailed masked mudsill without pity or mercy else he is a gray haired naked tailed miscreant or a bucktoothed brigand.

Forward our cause confusion to our enemies.

No quarter asked none granted.

Advance the colors.

Gen Cornpone.

Quando Omni Moritati
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
So Major the enemy has enlisted an armored corps to throw into the fray. You see how nefarious they are. Thanks be for your swift and decisive action. Road pizza are defeatable as you have discerned by your swift and gallant action.

Cornpone

ps Don't step in a hole!

Quando Omni Moritati
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
General,

I managed to get the battlefield leveled out again and the breach in the wire repaired today.
I have moved one of the traps to inside the wire and have switched bait to confuse the enemy.
Fresh ammo has been placed at strategic points and the battery for the spotlight has been recharged.

I would have never believed that they would have started using armor.
Now I have begun spotting their black winged sentries lurking near the birdfeeders and along the inner perimeter fence. They put up an awful racket when we step outside, alerting their comrades with their incessant cawing.

.17HMR with 20gr VMax seems to subdue them quite a bit.

If you get word from General Confusion, Corporal Punishment, Major Fubar, or Private Parts' sectors, would you pass them on to us in case they have any useful tips?

Death before dishonor!

Maj. Malfunction

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I was out numbered last night 3 to one and only killed one of the enemy, they fade into the woods rapidly in the face of fire.

The falling block has served me faithfully for a long time but it would seem the numbers may demand one of them newfangled repeaters forthwith.

Gn'l Neu Sance

In the swamps of Florida

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Gen. Neu Sance,

I was also relying on my Savage Mod 74 in .22lr, but after the massed attack of B.A.R.'s the other night, I switched to my Mountie. Seemed more appropriate, some how.

Y'r Ob't Sv't

Maj. Malfunction

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Thank you for your kindness Maj. Malfunction, will probably pull out the Winchester lever action repeater for this evenings expected assault. Will also bring the belt pistol for safety reasons.

In the swamps of Florida,
Gn'l Neu Sance

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Sad to report I checked the cam after our big fire and just before getting on this plane...evident that some coon families were displaced by said fire. Evidently coon red cross is now located at our protein feeder as pics show up to 9 at a time since fire.....

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Well no assault for a few days, they must be dodging the rain.

Did lose another avian trooper in the night though, Sterling the Rooster was reduced to a pile of feathers. I shall seek to punish the interlopers if it is the last thing I do, by all that is Holy!

In the swamps of Florida,
Gn'l Neu Sance

Old cat turd!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm wondering when Captain Headspace is going to report...

grin

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

400 members (160user, 17CalFan, 22250rem, 10Glocks, 280shooter, 2500HD, 35 invisible), 1,733 guests, and 1,058 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,874
Posts18,478,818
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.