Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 12 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 11 12
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 378Canuck
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]Nice bear, nice rifle -Near mounts? Pic of mine not so good. The bolts are 3/8. She doesn't move anymore. Accumark are well made rifles. Action like butter. I just tip mine forward and the bolt slides on it's own. Not CRf but haven't had to roll over on my back to shoot anything yet. Just put a pic of few other cartridges I load in my Harem for comparison.

Nice mounts 378Canuck. What are they?

I bought my Accumark mounts/rings before Near Mfg had the one-piece, three-ring version I later put on my DGR. The blue rings on my .340 were a product of me missunderstanding the term "blue" as "blued" over the phone when ordering, but I learned to live with them. The three-ring one up close looks like:

[Linked Image]

Yeah Boxer, the bear was shot with a non-Accumark MkV DGR. And it has the exact same action as the Accumark. Trust me, I have had those both apart on the same cleaning table at the same time.

GB1

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by bigsqueeze
Originally Posted by Boxer
"Oddly enough" the rifle pictured with the Rat Bear isn't an Accumark,'bigsqueeze has pictures of nothing and "butter bolts" are moot.

For frosting...a .284" 162 A-Max at 3150fps and a like zero ala 7WSM ,gives away next to nothing in the exchange and does not require electronic hearing devices,a muzzle brake nor a Cub Permit.

Bless her heart.
.........Gee Schittystick. Bless your little immature heart. No 7mm is a 338-378. Don`t mind the brake and the noise. Kinda like it. Wimps like you would have a more difficult more though.

I know that`s not an Accumark w/the bear. And what do you see in the other pics dummy? Accumarks.

Have 8 large photo albums containing thousands of hunting pics over many years. Wanna come to So Cal to see them?

I don`t enjoy the company of cowards, liars and those with a great deal of immaturity, but in your case I`ll make you the welcome exception.

Then you`ll have your big chance to test my imagination and realities up close and personal.

You "discussing" rifles,chamberings,scopes or bullets is well beyond moot,for the simplistic fact that it's all Imaginary. Very much enjoy the notion of "thousands" of photos housed in the Mythical Albums,nearly as much as I do your feigning a first clue and reliably dropping all the marbles via your "assertions".

Your joys are pretend,make believe and La-La Land fabrications,fueled via your Imagination and the things you've never done,mainly because you couldn't.

Bless your heart and look forward to your indoctrination to the Imagination Hall Of Fame,as you've well earned the "honor".

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
"Oddly enough" the rifle pictured with the Rat Bear isn't an Accumark,'bigsqueeze has pictures of nothing and "butter bolts" are moot.

For frosting...a .284" 162 A-Max at 3150fps and a like zero ala 7WSM ,gives away next to nothing in the exchange and does not require electronic hearing devices,a muzzle brake nor a Cub Permit.

Bless her heart.
.........Gee Schittystick. Bless your little immature heart. No 7mm is a 338-378. Don`t mind the brake and the noise. Kinda like it. Wimps like you would have a more difficult more though.

I know that`s not an Accumark w/the bear. And what do you see in the other pics dummy? Accumarks.

Have 8 large photo albums containing thousands of hunting pics over many years. Wanna come to So Cal to see them?

I don`t enjoy the company of cowards, liars and those with a great deal of immaturity, but in your case I`ll make you the welcome exception.

Then you`ll have your big chance to test my imagination and realities up close and personal.

You "discussing" rifles,chamberings,scopes or bullets is well beyond moot,for the simplistic fact that it's all Imaginary. Very much enjoy the notion of "thousands" of photos housed in the Mythical Albums,nearly as much as I do your feigning a first clue and reliably dropping all the marbles via your "assertions".

Your joys are pretend,make believe and La-La Land fabrications,fueled via your Imagination and the things you've never done,mainly because you couldn't.

Bless your heart and look forward to your indoctrination to the Imagination Hall Of Fame,as you've well earned the "honor".
...............Another typical post of yours. Totally expected from Schittystick/boxer.

You keep telling everyone including me how imaginative and lacking in realities we are, and as always you coward up when challenged and called out.

You are a pathetic, cowardly, lying, and hit and run assassin type driveler, who has perfected his craft from the safety confines and comfort of your home sitting at your keyboard.

You are more than welcome to come down here and experience first hand all of my fabrications, lack of realities, and imaginations. You can see all 8 albums and thousands of photos for yourself, three rifles, a brown bear rug on the den floor, a trophy elks head hanging above the fireplace in the den, as well as all 9 of my "imaginary" black belt certifications and tournament pics.

Afterwards, there is also a convenient Kaiser Permanente down the road from me, where you will be keeping some nurses company while they nurse you back to health before you go home. You can say that it was just "pure imagination" that put you there? laugh

But accepting challenges is NOT what liars and cowards do. You have become quite the expert in those two depts.

Maybe someday up there where you live, somebody will do me and a few others here a favor and take care of some business.

28 Nosler,,,,300WSM,,,,338-378 Wby,,,,375 Ruger

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I like my 30-378.

180 E-tips at 3520 fps and under 1/2" groups.

[Linked Image]

https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com
μολὼν λαβέ

"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

Bless her heart.

...............Another typical post of yours. Totally expected from Schittystick/boxer.

You keep telling everyone including me how imaginative and lacking in realities we are, and as always you coward up when challenged and called out.

You are a pathetic, cowardly, lying, and hit and run assassin type driveler, who has perfected his craft from the safety confines and comfort of your home sitting at your keyboard.

You are more than welcome to come down here and experience first hand all of my fabrications, lack of realities, and imaginations. You can see all 8 albums and thousands of photos for yourself, three rifles, a brown bear rug on the den floor, a trophy elks head hanging above the fireplace in the den, as well as all 9 of my "imaginary" black belt certifications and tournament pics.

Afterwards, there is also a convenient Kaiser Permanente down the road from me, where you will be keeping some nurses company while they nurse you back to health before you go home. You can say that it was just "pure imagination" that put you there? laugh

But accepting challenges is NOT what liars and cowards do. You have become quite the expert in those two depts.

Maybe someday up there where you live, somebody will do me and a few others here a favor and take care of some business.

I'm notoriously slow to deviate from Reality and will happily leave Fantasy to you,mainly because you so badly need to. My gracious nature is boundless in affording others their Dreams,if only in their Imaginations and I'd not slight you in that salvation.

I've perfected Doing and you've an uncanny grip on Dreaming,none of which is secreted. Now you've got more "Black Belts" than "Photo Albums" and a whopping 3 rifles...which puts me at a crossroads,beings I'm not certain which lark is the most hilarious and in compilation it is offa the charts in humor! Must be incredibly "satisfying" for you to peck at a keyboard and accidentally spill your copious stupidity all over the place and in grand fashion?!? Bless your do-nothin' heart.

No doubt you are a resident at Imagination Permanente and are a Board Certified Window Taster of legendary repute...none of which could be argued.

Here's a challenge that will be an impossible occurrence for the rest of your sad little Life: Punch a tag with a Weatherby.

Laffin'.

IC B2

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I waded through all this bull chit to see 4 pics of Accumarks? Come aaaaaaan!

Originally Posted by Take_a_knee

If I were smart enough, which apparently I'm not
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by archie_james_c

You ain't doing it "right".

If you take squeeze's lead,close your eyes and crank up your Imagination,there's 1000's of "Trophy Pics",a pile of "Black Belts",some great "sounding" muzzle brakes and a host of other delusions upon this very thread alone.

Remember bigsqueeze's "rigorous" R&D regimen to concoct her Fantasies(and I quote): "Since when does "ANY" actual in the field prior hunting experience with a 338-378 Mk5 Accumark such as mine, need to occur, before one can conclude its capabilities in the field ahead of time? Hmmm?"

Ahhhh...the sanctity of a vivid Imagination,do come in very "handy" for her.

Bless her heart!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It's Near but not integral. I have the exact same 3 ring integral on my 378 Bee. I move my scopes around to different rifles so I put the picatinney rail on most all my rifles and moving scope to different rifles is easier. A the price of the NF scopes you don't want every rifle to wear one. The blueing versus blue rings has fooled more than one person I've read the same on other forums. Nice rig - looks set up for brush hunting rather than long field shooting. That scope has long relief- compared with my NF on the Accumark. Do you have to push your head forward to focus? When you bring your rifle up and place it on your shoulder you should be able to focus quickly without moving your head forward. Can you do that with that scope?

It is better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6.
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G

FWIW, here are three for one money!

Weatherby Super Varmintmaster, 308 Win., & 165 gr. Sierra HPBT
[Linked Image]

Accumark, 257 Roy., & 100 gr. Nosler Partition
[Linked Image]

Accumark 240 Wby., & 85 gr. Nosler Partition
[Linked Image]

Works for me!

Best

GWB

Last edited by geedubya; 09/12/11.

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sweet. Like the sand stock on the varminter.

It is better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6.
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 378Canuck
It's Near but not integral. I have the exact same 3 ring integral on my 378 Bee. I move my scopes around to different rifles so I put the picatinney rail on most all my rifles and moving scope to different rifles is easier. A the price of the NF scopes you don't want every rifle to wear one. The blueing versus blue rings has fooled more than one person I've read the same on other forums. Nice rig - looks set up for brush hunting rather than long field shooting. That scope has long relief- compared with my NF on the Accumark. Do you have to push your head forward to focus? When you bring your rifle up and place it on your shoulder you should be able to focus quickly without moving your head forward. Can you do that with that scope?

Yeah, the .340 Accumark is my longish-range rifle, and it has the Bushnell 6500 2.5-16x 50mm. The .375 DGR is for rougher hunts. It has a 24-inch instead of 26-inch barrel, the barrel is heavier, and it has back-up open sights. The 1.25-8X 6500 on that one has about 6-inches of eye relief. I had to mount the scope (as indicated in the pic) as far forward as I could on my rig in order to have the best focus with my natural posture. It works great for me. On the 1.25X setting it has a wide field of view and you easily and quickly can acquire a close target with both eyes open.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B

You ain't doing it "right".

If you take squeeze's lead,close your eyes and crank up your Imagination,there's 1000's of "Trophy Pics",a pile of "Black Belts",some great "sounding" muzzle brakes and a host of other delusions upon this very thread alone.

Remember bigsqueeze's "rigorous" R&D regimen to concoct her Fantasies(and I quote): "Since when does "ANY" actual in the field prior hunting experience with a 338-378 Mk5 Accumark such as mine, need to occur, before one can conclude its capabilities in the field ahead of time? Hmmm?"

Ahhhh...the sanctity of a vivid Imagination,do come in very "handy" for her.

Bless her heart!
.....Yep! Bless my heart. And I never stated you lying azz hole, that I had 1000s of trophy pics. I do have 1000s of hunting pics from many many trips. Included are alot of dead game. Taking things out of context,,,AGAIN! Deliberately lying is more like it.

ANYTIME you wish to test my vivid imaginations there Boxer, Big Schitstick or whomever you are, you`re more than welcome to try at anytime or at any place.

Your above posts contain and say nothing more than pure cowardice, lies and total immaturities,,,as usual.

You never will take me up on my proposal, because the yellow streak running up and down your back easily matches the length of the yellow lines on any two lane road in the country.

I have more than enough hunting experience to handle my Accumark in the field and more than enough experience to thoroughly plant your azz as well.

Either your mother mated with a flower or your dad did, because what they got and they raised in you was and is, a total blooming idiot.

28 Nosler,,,,300WSM,,,,338-378 Wby,,,,375 Ruger

S
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
S
30-378 at 800 yards is deadly. 200 grain Accubond at 3250 FPS. The gun was capable, but too big and ugly. I sold my Sako deluxe 300 WBY to get the 30-378. I was able to convince the owner to sell it back to me and dump the 30-378...

[Linked Image]

The 300 WBY will still work well at 650...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
There ya's go! I personally can't stand the wood/blued Bee's. But those Accumarks have some sex appeal.

Dober- you're one hell of a good troll.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by GuyM
Experience and opinions on the Wby Mk V Accumark for longish range mule deer, elk and bear hunting?

And... What thoughts on .30-378 & .338-378 ?

Too much cartridge? Value?

Kind of thinking a .257 for most stuff, and something bigger for, well, bigger stuff.

Thanks, Guy

I've got an Accumark in 30-378. Still developing loads but it shows promise and recoil is quite mild with the muzzle brake. Some find the Accumark heavy but I like the extra 1.5 lbs or so to steady the rifle for long shots. I really like my Accumark 257 Wby for open country deer and hope that the 30-378 will prove as effective for elk.

The critters have to win every time, I only have to win once. www.swanspointoutfitters.com
www.lazybar-t.com outfitters
65-43-22-5
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There ya's go! I personally can't stand the wood/blued Bee's. But those Accumarks have some sex appeal.

Dober- you're one hell of a good troll.

Huh...?

Dober

"True respect starts with the way you treat others, and it is earned over a lifetime of demonstrating kindness, honor and dignity"....Tony Dungy
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I know Dober well enough to guarantee he didn't bait a single hook in this thread. On the other hand there is an Alaskan powder burner who is likely over his limit. Then again is there a limit on suckers?

Is it Friday yet?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sky-bruin ruin season is about to begin, I'd better get a gun sighted in...grin

Hope all is well in your camp!

Dober

Last edited by Mark R Dobrenski; 09/13/11.

"True respect starts with the way you treat others, and it is earned over a lifetime of demonstrating kindness, honor and dignity"....Tony Dungy
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

I have a lightweight accumark in 270 weatherby that I bought when they first came out.

I have had the trigger tuned but otherwise it's completely stock.

I have taken dozens of critters with this rifle,it has worked well for me. If you sight in 3 inches high at 100 yards,it is pretty much point and shoot out to 400 yards. I really like that,no need to fiddle with lasers,dots,turrets,or windometers,

Just get a decent field rest and kill stuff quickly.

If there is something wrong with the Accumark,I haven't noticed it with my rifle.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Sorry gents I had Dober mistaken for Big Stick. Its my fault...Im Canadian.

Page 6 of 12 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

564 members (12344mag, 219DW, 204guy, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 56 invisible), 2,416 guests, and 1,230 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,863
Posts18,517,866
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.