Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Bet that doesn't work too well in poor light, with all those "skinny" lines?

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by mud_bogger
not the best pic but oh well. holdin the camera in one hand an the gun in the other. took a few tries grin
[Linked Image]

Looks like you got that focusing seminar down to a science.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Ok just spent a few minutes trying to get a shot with my point and shoot through the new burris I got in today. How are you guys taking such good pictures through your scopes?

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
A few guys have lately posted pictures taken through their scopes in different threads.

I figured a thread just for through scope pictures would be interesting to compare different reticle and optics.

Please include the spec of the optic and reticle and range to target.

Here is an elk at 1250 yds and scope at 14X. Also a wild turkey, antelope and cow elk in view.
[Linked Image]

Another bull at 580yds and scope at 14X. I screwed up the camera as it is slightly in telephoto so image is slightly larger and eye relief is off.

[Linked Image]

One of my yard bucks at 25 yds with scope at 4.5X.

[Linked Image]

HOLY Smokes...that is COOL! Undoubtedly much research went into the selection process to realize the consummate Haybale & Crockett/High Fence scope/reticle arrangement?! One can nearly count the strands on the barbed wire fence and distinguish the equipment that baled the field(s)! Those WILD Turkeys are magnificent in their primal splendor.

That rugged terrain must wreak havoc on both man and machine.

Thank you for the magnificent tutorial,as it's resplendent in nature and an illuminating view into the thought processes associated with optics advancement and their applications in same.

Might you be able to suggest an Outfitter?

Thanks!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
It's BOXER!

Bless his heart, he's back. Yay.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
IC B2

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
This young buck was in the backyard last night feeding with the yard deer.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by Boxer

haha.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
and have used the system quite a few times when the lasers would not penetrate the snow storm or I simply forgot my range finder.

Been there, and very good points thanks.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

HOLY Smokes...that is COOL! Undoubtedly much research went into the selection process to realize the consummate Haybale & Crockett/High Fence scope/reticle arrangement?! One can nearly count the strands on the barbed wire fence and distinguish the equipment that baled the field(s)!

Thanks Lil Fish, I am glad you like the pictures. This is why we use the 4.5-14 for our hunting as it helps for longer range shooting. I understand you don�t have much experience there but I do notice you showing more interest in precision shooting, as of late, and can�t help but feel I am helping you out in a small way.

Those WILD Turkeys are magnificent in their primal splendor.

I forget some guys don�t get to see wild turkeys and it must be a thrill for you. Those little blacktails you hunt from your boat are cute but I imagine pictures like this must really blow you away.

Only one WILD turkey in the pic but I understand your excitement. grin Good for you.

I can imagine how that terrain would be intimidating for someone like you but it really isn�t much compared to most places hear in Wyoming. The river bottoms where there is water are about the only places we can have any agriculture and this in turn is a natural draw for wildlife. No hunting is allowed on this ranch but it sure is a nice place to take a few pictures.

Thank you for the magnificent tutorial,as it's resplendent in nature and an illuminating view into the thought processes associated with optics advancement and their applications in same.
Thanks!

If I in any small way made your life better then that is enough for me, no thanks necessary, pardner. smile

Might you be able to suggest an Outfitter?
Thanks!

Why yes: Milligan Brand in Chama New Mexico and Wyomings Finest Outfitter in Sheridan.

Both outfits have experience dealing with guys like you who have absolutely, positively no elk hunting experience (we are talking zero) and going the extra mile to try and get you your first bull. Wow, wouldn�t that be cool if you had a few picture of your first elk hunt that you could post here and let us all enjoy. laugh laugh

Or maybe your first antelope or maybe your first mule deer or maybe your first whitetail deer or maybe your first turkey or maybe your second coyote. laugh laugh

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
If I were Boxer, I'd ask about their special rates for half a person, you know, 1/2x1 rate. He can't possibly eat as much or take up as much room as a regular person.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
IC B3

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
You guy's better give Lil Fish some slack as it's looking like she is swimming away!

Imagine that.. laugh

Last edited by Nrut; 09/30/11.

It's a great life if you don't weaken..
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
You are one of few people in this World,that can make Jackie Bushman look like a Hard Charger.

The pot is sweetened mightily in it's humor quotient,with a Texan and a Canuck feigning an inkling.

Bless your hearts.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Hey John, why ever bother with the douchebag Boxer, Bigstick, [bleep] or whatever his name is??
He has a bad case of "Little Man's Syndrome"!!

On another note John, you killin anything yet??

Last edited by 300MAG; 10/01/11.
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Me, have a clue??
There ya go with your imagination again... laugh

But calling me a canuck, well the is just plain mean, as I am not..

It's a great life if you don't weaken..
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Epic Thread..got every Do-nothing Dumbphuck swooning schit glass and reticles,via Haybale & Crockett High Fence "Hunts".

You gals are a never ending series of belly laughs.

Bless your hearts.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
I am also limited by the horrible glass in the Leupold VX3.

Why didn't you choose a different scope maker such as NightForce or some other that can deliver quality glass? Leupold has proved over & over they cannot. Or do I not know what I'm talking about?

By the way, in case you missed it, Jeremiah was a bullfrog.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
I just want to know what is the point of this thread? Are we selling a reticle/scope?

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 300MAG
Hey John, why ever bother with the douchebag Boxer, Bigstick, [bleep] or whatever his name is??
He has a bad case of "Little Man's Syndrome"!!

On another note John, you killin anything yet??

Jeff,

No killin yet but November is coming. grin

Ps Lil Fish amuses me at times.

Originally Posted by Nrut
You guy's better give Lil Fish some slack as it's looking like she is swimming away!

Imagine that.. laugh

You are one of few people in this World,that can make Jackie Bushman look like a Hard Charger.

The pot is sweetened mightily in it's humor quotient,with a Texan and a Canuck feigning an inkling.

Bless your hearts.

Nrut
No matter how lip hurt he gets he just keeps comes back. I did notice he backed up on the 68gr HPBT thread but I really sunk the hook deep on that one and yanked him all the way out of the water. laugh

Originally Posted by Reloder28
I am also limited by the horrible glass in the Leupold VX3.

Why didn't you choose a different scope maker such as NightForce or some other that can deliver quality glass? Leupold has proved over & over they cannot. Or do I not know what I'm talking about?

Reloader28,

I assume you understood my post about the VX3 glass was tongue in cheek. In my opinion Leupold VX3 glass stands up to anything that weighs the same. Sure if you are willing to mount a 2lb optic there are other scopes that offer a slight resolution gain. Nightforce not being one.

Leupold has also proven they can build heavy glass that will stand side by side in terms of resolution to anything available but I have no interest in adding weight to the optic system for no real gain in performance.

The VX3 in 4.5-14x50mm is the lightest optic available that is totally suitable for any type of shot on big game, from near too far. The fact that it is rugged and durable, optically is very good, tracks perfectly and is reasonably priced simply cannot be beat. That is why we use it as the base optic.

Originally Posted by cfran
I just want to know what is the point of this thread? Are we selling a reticle/scope?

Cfran,

With all the pictures you must have missed the beginning of the original post. Hope this clears it up.
A few guys have lately posted pictures taken through their scopes in different threads.

I figured a thread just for through scope pictures would be interesting to compare different reticle and optics.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
You and Jackie Bushman are the only two folks dumb enough to think the 68 and 75 Hornady BTHP's are "identical". Bless your hearts.

Folks that dumb,like to botch reticles and "Hunt" outta golf carts within the confines of a fence.

You poor clueless stooge.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
You poor clueless stooge.

Looking in the mirror?

By the way, in case you missed it, Jeremiah was a bullfrog.
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

586 members (007FJ, 1badf350, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 117LBS, 55 invisible), 2,486 guests, and 1,351 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,929
Posts18,518,914
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.