Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 101 1 2 3 4 5 6 100 101
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
IIRC, that [bleep] hog was pink. It probably tipped the scales at 4 bills, but it was an angry gay hog (something that Bob would be drawn to) grin .

Sorry, my friend, but it's been a long couple weeks and that was way too easy.

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
GB1

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
IIRC
=============

"der's your problem. That pink was blood and rain and that sunshine in the pic is to be ignored as a photo-shopped stunt by one of the members.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Originally Posted by 7x57STEVE
NYH1,

You've sure had a string of bad luck. Hope things turn around for you real soon.

Pics will be posted after the hunt, and there always seems to be a lot of good stories and memories after these boar hunts that keep getting mentioned. Some sort of history in the making.

Steve

Thanks, my son would love to go, he's 10 so he wouldn't have a firearm, just be tagging along. He loves to go hunting with me. If fact I can't go hunting or to the range without him. Maybe some day! wink

NYH1!

Take nothing I say personal, remember....it's just the interweb!

ROLLTIDE

YANKEE'S

new yorkistan SUCKS!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by isaac
Is there a couples discount?
=====================

Sure! I'll pay 100 bucks if your lovely wife hunts with me!

take the deal, Mark. she'll appreciate you more after a day with Bob.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
7X57STEVE,

Can a person such as myself go on the hunt? having yet to reach the vaunted "Turdlike" status grin

If so I'm in, and the 303 British is ready smile

Gunner

Trump Won!
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
NYH1,

There's not a guy from the Fire who would not say that the most important thing you can do is hunt with your children, and you are doing that with your son.

You may want to show him the hunting pictures on this thread, and see if he is interested in going. I think we'll be doing this for some years and it would be beyond great if the two of you could join the hunt.

Something for all of us to look forward to.

Steve

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
gunner500,

Both you and the 303 are most welcome and I'm glad you can make it.

And your 303 will get a lot of attention. Just the kind of rifle and cartridge that the loonies wet their knickers over.

Steve

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
grin 10-Roger PM sent.

Thanks
Gunner

Trump Won!
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
saddlering

John,

It's a tribute to Wilderness that so many of those who, like you, hunted there previously, would like to return.

I think the hunting is excellent there, but I'm pretty sure that in a group of hunters from the Fire, the best memories will be made around the real Campfire there.

That's the way it has worked for the three years we were at Carryonah, and I believe it will only get better.

So, you gotta come back!

Steve

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I am certain he would be a welcome addition to any camp Sir as would you.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
sounds pretty interesting smile I now live a lot closer to Tennessee than in past years. Might be a good spring getaway.

As to guns, it will probably be either a Ruger #1, or an AR10. I have eclectic tastes...

grin

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
tex n cal,

Now,with just about a whole hunting season ahead of me, I have a lot of options. Come March, I'm climbing the walls needing a hunting fix.

I think a lot of us are in the same boat. Thus the planning now for March, 2012.

You are probably about a days drive to Wilderness, as are most of us. And as good as the hunting is, meeting Fire members, and building new friendships is even better.

And you do not have to choose between the #1 and the AR10. Bring 'em both and use them on alternate days.

Hope you can join us.

Steve

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Originally Posted by 7x57STEVE
NYH1,

There's not a guy from the Fire who would not say that the most important thing you can do is hunt with your children, and you are doing that with your son.

You may want to show him the hunting pictures on this thread, and see if he is interested in going. I think we'll be doing this for some years and it would be beyond great if the two of you could join the hunt.

Something for all of us to look forward to.

Steve

He looks at pic's on this site as well as others. He not only watches, but records hunting shows on the DVR box. We went hog hunting quite a few times this summer. Thought we were going to get one the last time we went. We went to the range last Saturday to sight in my new Remington 7600 Carbine 30-06 Spr. He brought his Ruger 10-22 with the Leupold 2-7x28mm Rimfire Scope he saved his money to get two years ago. My wife and I said we'd pay half so he saved his money. He went through 4 boxes of CCI Stingers that day.

I was having trouble with my 30-06. I made some changes Sunday. Today I picked him up from school and we went back to the range. Got my 30-06 figured out, gotta fine tune it a tad but it's getting there. He went through 3 more boxes of Stingers. He shoots out to 100 yards and is pretty good at that range, he has the correct hold over. He tried shooting the 200 yard target but it was a little to far lol. My wife and I are getting him a Marlin 336Y 30-30 Win. (short 12" LOP stock, 16.25" barrel) to go with his 10-22 and 870 Jr. model 20 ga. (12" LOP stock, 18.5" vent rib barrel). We're helping him start his collection early!

NYH1! wink

ROLLTIDE

YANKEE'S

new yorkistan SUCKS!

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
NYH1,

There are a lot of people with no health or financial problems who would be very envious of your relationship with your son.

Your wife and you, and your son, are blessed.

Steve

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Thanks!

Our daughters used to be into shooting. Now they're 14 and 18 they have better things to do. I shot a deer with my 18 year old daughter when she was 8 or 9, she actually saw it before I did LOL. Our 14 year old will go shooting once in a while if she doesn't have anything else to do. Neither of our girls were into it like my son is. Same with the ATV's, they can take them or leave them. My son will ride the tires off them if we let him. That's understandable I guess. I hope to get all our ATV's up and running for next summer. Hopefully I'll be able to ride. It's been a long time since I swung a log over my 2000 Big Bear 400 4X4. It's my little tank. We'll see.

NYH1! wink

ROLLTIDE

YANKEE'S

new yorkistan SUCKS!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Ok I am in PM me on how to handle the deposit....

I have alot of good stories on Les's pioneering days to be told... wink

Cimarron 45-70 1885 High Wall Rifle will be accompanying me.....

Is this strictly for fire members only or can a hunting friend of similar and likeminded tastes go also?

If 'ya can't put hot sauce on it, it ain't worth eat'n....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm, of course in. Should be a great time again and looking forward to the spot and stalk vice the more posted hunted we did at Carayonah.

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
PAMac,

Welcome to the Campfire Boar Hunt.

The deposit of $250 should be sent in to the Wilderness during the first week of January, with 24HCF written at the bottom of the check.

Stories about Les are always welcome and no one ever doubts the truthfulness of them. That would be because we know Les. Hope he joins us for the hunt.

The 45-70 should do some most sincere damage.

Non Fire members are most welcome, and it is one of the ways that hunters become members. Just PM the names to me so we can keep track of the number of hunters we have and so we don't over-subscribe.

Steve

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Pugs,

Had you counted in from the start since you and Isaac are the co-conspirators of the Hunt.

And thanks for the PM to Rick asking him for a sticky for this thread.

Steve

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I have tried most places in TN and Wilderness is my favorite . They let you hunt on your own and the guides will come pick up your hog when you let them know you have killed. I have never used a rifle, only bow and handguns. You will have a better choice of hogs if you are using a rifle since the hogs are very spooky and haul ass when you close the distant to 50 yards or closer. Bow and handgun is more of a Challenge. I like stalking so this my primary way to hunt them but they do have stands if you prefer. Most hogs are Russian and Razorbacks. Here are the photos from my last hunt in Feb 2011.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Page 4 of 101 1 2 3 4 5 6 100 101

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

300 members (320090T, 303savage, 10ring1, 160user, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 34 invisible), 1,246 guests, and 930 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,847
Posts18,517,518
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.