-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Since only ONE of the groups is shooting and killing innocents , I'm kinda in favor of ONLY killing THAT bunch.

???

What, you think I'm not in favor of shooting the scum?? grin

As for the rest, are you seriously gonna tell me American dollars from drug purchases are NOT funding all of that?

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
All the romantic GAS being blown by Birdy notwithstanding,....he really knows little about Mexico TODAY,....

Ain't difficult to grasp....

Folks killing/torturing each other with abandon, fighting over the billions of dollars to be made by catering to the American drug market.

NO rule of law, ergo one can easily get away with murder so long as one is aligned with a suffuciently powerful bunch.

Evil walks untrammelled and unchecked.

VAST quantities of drugs crossing over with impunity, distributed by a network of millions of participating Americans such that, as I have often posted, every high school kid in America can easily access the stuff.

Anything needing to be added?

Ain't ever bought illegal drugs myself. Took a hit or two of weed back in the days but never did care for it. I believe someone slipped me acid or pcp once but that weren't my doing. Other than that, never have been a user/purchaser.

Alchohol was my drug, and I abused it heavily.

All that being so I still got no problem using a collective "us" when talking American participation in the drug trade.

Strange thing is, 3,000 people still cross over into Mexico at El Paso EVERY DAY, a stat reflected at other Texas ports of entry. I even know some people who STILL visit kin there eek

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
All the romantic GAS being blown by Birdy notwithstanding,....he really knows little about Mexico TODAY,....

Ain't difficult to grasp....

Folks killing/torturing each other with abandon, fighting over the billions of dollars to be made by catering to the American drug market.

NO rule of law, ergo one can easily get away with murder so long as one is aligned with a suffuciently powerful bunch.

Evil walks untrammelled and unchecked.

VAST quantities of drugs crossing over with impunity, distributed by a network of millions of participating Americans such that, as I have often posted, every high school kid in America can easily access the stuff.

Anything needing to be added?

Ain't ever bought illegal drugs myself. Took a hit or two of weed back in the days but never did care for it. I believe someone slipped me acid or pcp once but that weren't my doing. Other than that, never have been a user/purchaser.

Alchohol was my drug, and I abused it heavily.

All that being so I still got no problem using a collective "us" when talking American participation in the drug trade.

Strange thing is, 3,000 people still cross over into Mexico at El Paso EVERY DAY, a stat reflected at other Texas ports of entry. I even know some people who STILL visit kin there eek

Birdwatcher

Birdy, we've had our differences, but your very much correct that US citizens are funding the Cartels in Mex. Many here won't admit that it's a multi-billion dollar a year business funded by US citizens desire for illegal narcotics. Yet your cussed, for stating the truth.

When you can interdict veh's on a major Interstate in mid. TN. with marijuana, heroin, meth. and the driver when interrogated, tells you that it all came out of Mexico, and to what cartel the money is to go back to, it's a business.

Because many here don't want to admit that the US citizens are driving the train in this cartel funding, they feel that it's a failure to admit the facts. It's not failure, it's the fact and reality of the situation.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
When you can interdict veh's on a major Interstate in mid. TN. with marijuana, heroin, meth. and the driver when interrogated, tells you that it all came out of Mexico, and to what cartel the money is to go back to, it's a business.

Aint nowhere very far anymore. I could cross over the river from the hell of Nuevo Laredo on Saturday morning and be in Nashville in time for a late bunch on Sunday pretty easy.

6,000 inbound trucks a day from Nuevo Laredo, estimates as high as 3% total cargo being contraband. Even 1% would be the equivalent of 60 semi truck loads, EVERY DAY.

For my own part I see the Border as being inconsequential in this trade, just different ends of the same snake is all.

Mention was made on another post about the Cartels recruiting high school students to work for them on this side of the Border. Heck, they already are, have been for years, EVERYBODY who sell their product works for the Cartels.

More direct than that I believe its common knowledge that the Cartels have multiple pairs of American eyes and ears working for them on our side of the Border, the extent of finding out the personal information of all the local LEO's.

Most worrying to me is the corrupting effect of all those billions of dollars in drug profits on our own law enforcement community. We lose the integrity of THAT group of people and we're sunk.

Birdwatcher

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
All Cross can do is "cut & paste" what he can find. He can't debate the issue, because all he has is his "cut & paste" articles.

He performs a service for us that do not live it day to day. Most of us would not be aware of what is happening cause the lib press just will not carry the stories. Can't figure out how anyone could get pissed cause Cross decides to post articles concerning the invasion in his backyard.

This is all bullsh!it. Everyone knows the border could be sealed tomorrow if congress had the will to do so. Just too much money to be made by keeping it open - and therein lies the rub.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by crowrifle
All Cross can do is "cut & paste" what he can find. He can't debate the issue, because all he has is his "cut & paste" articles.

He performs a service for us that do not live it day to day. Most of us would not be aware of what is happening cause the lib press just will not carry the stories. Can't figure out how anyone could get pissed cause Cross decides to post articles concerning the invasion in his backyard.

+1

Snake

That which does not kill us makes us stronger

Friedrich Nietzsche
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Aint nowhere very far anymore. I could cross over the river from the hell of Nuevo Laredo on Saturday morning and be in Nashville in time for a late bunch on Sunday pretty easy.

6,000 inbound trucks a day from Nuevo Laredo, estimates as high as 3% total cargo being contraband. Even 1% would be the equivalent of 60 semi truck loads, EVERY DAY.

For my own part I see the Border as being inconsequential in this trade, just different ends of the same snake is all.

Mention was made on another post about the Cartels recruiting high school students to work for them on this side of the Border. Heck, they already are, have been for years, EVERYBODY who sell their product works for the Cartels.

More direct than that I believe its common knowledge that the Cartels have multiple pairs of American eyes and ears working for them on our side of the Border, the extent of finding out the personal information of all the local LEO's.

Most worrying to me is the corrupting effect of all those billions of dollars in drug profits on our own law enforcement community. We lose the integrity of THAT group of people and we're sunk.

Birdwatcher

Your right about, being anywhere in the nation from the border in a short period of time.

Doing interdiction for narcotics is like looking for a needle in a haystack. they don't advertise on the veh's. "Hey, i've got drugs, stop me." It's like fishing manytimes, you have to throw alot of lure to get a hit. You have to make alot of stops, (look for characteristics, it's PC for profiling) ask alot of questions and watch and listen to the answers, both verbally & body lanuage. Good dogs help too.

We don't get every load, don't even get half, when your on a stop, you ask yourself what's rolling by. You start asking the questions, looking for the responses, back it up with criminal checks/EPIC. If it all looks good and you've no suspicions, you kick'em loose and look for another duck.

I have no doubt that HS kids are involved in the US, it's good money. The cartels know that if kids get ping'd for a narcotics charge, it won't be a big deal. I was introduced to an 8 yr old in one of the many projects in Memphis, by a Shelby Co. Narcotics Agent, years ago. This kid worked for a gang. He sure knew his way around the drug business, he was a spotter and a holder.

It's a business, those that don't believe that are just fooling themselves, and trying to fool others. The LE agencies on the border need to keep a close check on their LEO's. I can't imagine that they pay that much. Folks don't realize how much money is out there and how easy it would be to take an envelope if presented by a cartel member.

These cartels aren't stupid, they plan, they're organized. They employ highly qualified people in the intell. and Spec. Ops. business, again many trained by US Mil. organizations in years past. You don't make the kind of money that the cartels are by luck.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by temmi
[quote=crowrifle]

It's the same old story, day in and day, out. You can't win a battle by posting about it on the 'net. This isn't going to be an overnight adventure. It's going to take years.

It's a proven fact, that our previous POTUS's and Congress's and our current POTUS & Congress, along with our possible future POTUS and possible Congress don't care. The front runner for the GOP and possible POTUS from a border state, isn't all that concerned with the issue, is he??

In my business when we have a particular criminal who we know has been committing crimes we go hunt him down. The same with criminal activity in a particular area, we put hands on involvement in that area, we don't "cut & paste" on the 'net. Crossy, could do more hands on in his community, but he chooses not, to.

That his choice, but don't piss & whine about the issue, if your not willing to go out there and get involved physically, more then welding on ranges.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by crowrifle

This is all bullsh!it. Everyone knows the border could be sealed tomorrow if congress had the will to do so. Just too much money to be made by keeping it open - and therein lies the rub.

Liar1960 hasn't got it in him to try and explain this weirdness,......seems to be pointedly ignoring the issue, in fact.There's certainly no question but that it is some SERIOUS weirdness,.....pathologically so.

Maybe his simple little mind hasn't ever gone there, and he just does this as a "Knee Jerk" kinda reflex ?

"Thought Processes of an Amoeba, and How They Relate Modern American Law Enforcement"

THERE is a Book Title that would get one's attention,...

Like, WTF, Over !?,....

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by hunter1960

In my business when we have a particular criminal who we know has been committing crimes we go hunt him down. The same with criminal activity in a particular area, we put hands on involvement in that area, we don't "cut & paste" on the 'net. Crossy, could do more hands on in his community, but he chooses not, to.

That his choice, but don't piss & whine about the issue, if your not willing to go out there and get involved physically, more then welding on ranges.

A goddam FUHRER, issuing this morning's edict. Looks like freedom of speech is not going to be a big hit in Fascist1960s new Reich. frown

[bleep] you, your Kiwanis, Lions, and lodge, you eight ball mofo

Last edited by crossfireoops; 09/29/11.

-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Really DOES appear that what we have here, I mean our local CROPS sufferer (Cranio-Rectal Over Pressure Syndrome)...
is some sorta THOUGHT POLICE,....No ?

Somebody get this azzwhole a brown shirt and an armband, muy pronto.

GTC

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
LMAO!

Dude, you're 1960's b....make that a B.

All American

All the time
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Constructive and informative discussions always seem to reduce to mud slinging.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The LE agencies on the border need to keep a close check on their LEO's. I can't imagine that they pay that much. Folks don't realize how much money is out there and how easy it would be to take an envelope if presented by a cartel member.

I've gotta find again a book that Crossfire told me about "Ten Years on the Line: My war on the Border" by Mike Lignon.

http://www.amazon.com/10-Years-Line-War-Border/dp/1456889346

A somewhat rambling and repetitive account that coulda used a good edit, but in it he lays out what it was like to work at the Douglas Az. Port of Entry.

Rampant nepotism and inefficiency, but more than anything a failure to enforce on all levels. Not usually big stuff but a host of minor transactions setting a climate wherein those intent on enforcing the letter of the law became the "bad" guys.

Somewhere in that book he gives a quote as to the going rate for looking the other way when a big shipment DID come through. I'm recalling something in the ballpark of about 1% of the total street value.

Here's a spot I've posted before, in Starr County TX right next to a famous birding spot on the Rio Grande.

[Linked Image]

EVERYBODY knew this had been a major crossing point forever; abundant signs of cross-Border transits left in the dirt, common knowledge that you needed to be out by dark. 2008/2009 they finally moved and siezed a single pickup at that spot loaded with $23 MILLION DOLLARS worth of cocaine (IIRC ~750 lbs).

If I have my numbers correct, one "didn't see it" on that one could have given a cash payment of about $200,000.

Near as I can tell, the place ain't changed any since then, I have heard of one group of locals arrested living in walking distance from that spot in 2009 who had brung an estimated 18,000 pounds of marijuana over.

The question being, if this is so flagrantly obvious even to a visiting bird watcher, how can it continue like that for years on end?

I will say that this is Starr County, where an estimated HALF of all the locals derive their income from contraband. At least two successive Sheriffs have been convicted, so maybe the local LEO's just bow to the economic realities of the population they serve. Sorta like Cops in old days in the moonshine counties of Tennesse.

Prob'ly significant that despite it being the poorest county in the US outside of Pine Ridge, Starr County like most of the Texas side of the Border remains a remarkably safe place for clueless ecotourists to visit.

Birdwatcher

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Funny you bring that up,....I had a pretty good visit and "Fat Chewing" session with Mike Ligon a week ago today.

He's since addressed ("Sworn Witness") the Arizona joint Legislative Committee on Border Security.

The bad azz "Border Sheriffs" are all recently sworn onto that deal......

Guess who's next.....

GTC

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Greg, Crossfire, Buddy,
Quit wasting the internet ink. Take action for once in your life, do something today. Something you can come back and report to us on the fire that you did to stop the madness in your own backyard.
But please do us all a favor and stop the doing your part by just telling us what we already know. We don't need your blathering and carrying on about how bad things are. Tell us tomorrow that you did something worthwhile today. I will come back on tomorrow for your response. I hope I will not be disappointed again.

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.

Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Since only ONE of the groups is shooting and killing innocents , I'm kinda in favor of ONLY killing THAT bunch.

???

What, you think I'm not in favor of shooting the scum?? grin

As for the rest, are you seriously gonna tell me American dollars from drug purchases are NOT funding all of that?

Birdwatcher

You just need to THINK a bit further , Birdy:

Let's say you - or Hunter 1960 - could wave a magic wand and clean up half the addicts, across the board.A 50% reduction in demand means WHAT , as far as border violence?

You think half the cartels are just gonna fold their tents and find another line of work?

Or is it more likely that the "competition" for market share in a reduced market might get even more "aggressive" ?

I've tried to use the language of "business" for those who see the border violence as "just business".

In plain talk , reduced demand will bring an increase in violence.That's just a fact.

These cartels are not run by businessmen.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
In plain talk , reduced demand will bring an increase in violence.That's just a fact.

??

Why am I reminded of the stoning scene from "The Life of Brian"?

Guy about to be stoned to death for taking the word "Jehovah" in vain: "All I said was these kippers were good enough for Jehovah"

High Priest: "Be quiet, you're just making it worse." grin

Birdwatcher

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What's with the question marks? You may be too smart for this class , but I'll try again:

Everybody knows that illegal drugs have been coming across the Mexican border for years. Check.

Everybody knows that Columbia became a war zone due to drug cartels .Check.

Everybody knows that the rampant violence just across the Mexican border , and increasingly on this side of the border , is a recent development - let's peg it at seven years .Check.

The violence is due to territorial disputes between cartels.The territories being the "shipping lanes".Check.

Decreasing the demand for drugs would increase the worth of each shipping lane.Each cartel would need more distribution points just to keep THEIR gross revenue at the present level.

Put another way ; Where is the correlation between the demand for drugs and the amount of violence on the border?Where is a credible graph showing one leading the other?

Let me try my original statement again:

I'd rather see ALL our dollars spent for bullets to shoot bad guys on the border rather than one penny spent trying to rehab one addict.

React to the violence on the border without regard for its' root cause.

You don't deserve to be lumped with Hunter1960 , but when the thread topic is border violence and he insists on talking about some ghetto in Tennessee , or you point out how you birdwatchers come and go on the river,

YOU ARE DANCING TO JANET"S TUNE AND IT PISSES ME OFF!grin

And who in Hell is Brian? He don't even SOUND Mexican.

Last edited by curdog4570; 10/01/11.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I'd rather see ALL our dollars spent for bullets to shoot bad guys on the border rather than one penny spent trying to rehab one addict.

Rehab don't work unless the addict wants to quit, look at Amy Winehouse, and there's already bucks there for these that do.

Only MAJOR change would be legalization. Good luck with that one, I suspect narcodollars already have infitrated our political system.

Birdwatcher

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

536 members (10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 53 invisible), 2,528 guests, and 1,178 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,586
Posts18,511,109
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.