Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Just had a great meet and greet with My youngest daughters boyfrind here in Sacramento California. they are getting pretty serious about each other and look to be in love, just watching them together. He seems to be a very fine genetleman, An outspoken and bold / serious in his Faith Christian man, a former US Marine, has his MBA and is second in command (VP) of a good sized and growing company here in Sacramento. Don't know what more I could hope for in a son in law. When I have a photograph to show I will post it here. He is 6'5" (2.5 taller than me) and a muscular 260 or so lbs. He is a second generation Jamaican. We discussed the builds and features of the people of Africa where his descendants obviously originated and I shared that based upon his build, coloration, bright mind and features I thought his heritage might be Zulu, at least in part.

More to follow as it develops but I have, at lease in this moment, high hopes for my daughter and to have this young man as a part of the family. We had a big family gathering with my Dad (75 years young) My aunt of 70, my other two children (both already married) as well as my sister and a cousin and my two young grandchildren here tonight. To say that the young man made a good impression and was universally liked would be an understatemtnt.

Exciting times, these.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
GB1

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
You are so excited you can't even spell understatement.... smile

Nothin' like a plan (even unplanned) that comes together...

Hell, he's a Marine! What's not to like?

Seems to me your daughter is not the only one in love. Way it should be. Congratulations.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
But is he a hunter????

The original international turd
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
He's a Marine. If he ain't- he can be made one. And Safari can do it...

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Good for you and your daughter!

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Good luck to your daughter.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
congratulations[mabey]
norm

There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle----Robert Alden .
If it wern't entertaining, I wouldn't keep coming back.------the BigSky

KDK Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by safariman
Don't know what more I could hope for in a son in law.

Membership at a productive duck or pheasant club that he'll take you to? smile

Originally Posted by ingwe
This is a shooting forum, there is no place here for logic.
D
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
D
Did ya show him your gun collection and explain how you weren't afraid to use it if someone were to wrong a family member?

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Best of luck to you and the young couple.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge
Did ya show him your gun collection and explain how you weren't afraid to use it if someone were to wrong a family member?

I had two things to say to my youngest's suitor. "Don't do anything to her that you wouldn't want me to do to you." and,
"I'm not afraid to go back to prison."
smile

To anger a conservative, lie to him. To annoy a liberal, tell him the truth.

Promoted to Turdlike status 03/17/12

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
We discussed the builds and features of the people of Africa where his descendants obviously originated and I shared that based upon his build, coloration, bright mind and features I thought his heritage might be Zulu, at least in part.

Dunno this young man's ancestry or reasons for thinking Zulu but it brings up an interesting point.

All Africans of course do not look alike in the same way that all Europeans dont either. Although in every region there's individual exceptions we can say that some people "look Irish" or "look German" because of commonalities in those regions.

That being so, the West Africans where I was looked pretty much exactly like American Blacks, or more correctly many American Black folk I saw after I got back were ringers for people I had seen back in the villages.

North, South and East Africans, not so much.

Congrats on your fine family cool

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I admire you Mark. You are taking the right approach.

I, on the other hand, have four daughters and the oldest is about to turn 13. I'm still in the mode of nobody gets near my daughter! Nobody! I don't care if it's the son of the King of South Africa and he wants me to go on safari every year for free. (OK, bad example. That guy can have all 4 of my daughters). Anybody else though! Grrrr! mad

Wade

"Let's Roll!" - Todd Beamer 9/11/01.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by las
You are so excited you can't even spell understatement.... smile
Or "least". wink

Safaraiman, good on ya'.
Of course, the father of any daughter has my hat off to 'em. The good Lord knew I wasn't up to the task.

NRA Lifer
"It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare." - Mark Twain
"Everybody has principles... until they are an inconvenience." - Me

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
sounds good mark, but to be on the safe side, you'd best set a precedent

I vote whup his azz for him, and then tell him no hard feelings, you just thought it was important for him to know that it can happen

best of luck

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
LAffin here with ya Mr Wade. If your duaghters make it into thier 20's unmarried and kind of wonder if they will ever meet the right man and have thier own family then I think your attitude will change. Mine did. I was much like you when the girls were that young but there is a time when it is known to be the right time by all. I am VERY fortunate and blessed that my children all have done it the right way - Gods way - and the marriages so far have been wonderful celebrations of life.

BTW, Grandkids are WONDERFUL! And, they are hard to come by if no one gets near your daughters smile

Thanks for the kind thoughts, everyone.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
sounds good mark, but to be on the safe side, you'd best set a precedent

I vote whup his azz for him, and then tell him no hard feelings, you just thought it was important for him to know that it can happen

best of luck

Ummmm, you missed the 6'5" 260lbs former Marine part? That worked for me when my daughters were dating teen boys, now that they have both become of age to marry, bothhave picked REALLY big strong guys. I am no mini guy at 6'2" and 240, but this new young man and my new son in law are BIG athletic guys. So in law now married to my middel child / older girl is also about 6'5" and just now out of a ten year stint as a PROFESSIONAL Baseball player. Power hitter type.

They all have seen the dead critters on the wall, including the ELephant so that helps some. I showed the new guy my newly aquired (from a good freind, super cheap) KAHR CM40 last night, stoked with Black Talons. Gotta keep up SOME semblenesce of fear and respect...... smile

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
done. and i like what i see in the mirror vanimrod. some aren't afraid to speak there mind. no malcontent was intended

Last edited by bluegillman; 10/03/11.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by bluegillman
black grandkids ? maybe will look like obama. i wish the best for your family.everyone has an opinion as i do. i shouldn't have mentioned anything but ....that is the only thing that is taboo with our kids. but to each there own

Wrong answer bubba, people are people, and I for one am very happy for Safariman, please remove your comment, it is pretty disgusting. Les

Back in the heartland, Thank God!

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by bluegillman
black grandkids ? maybe will look like obama. i wish the best for your family.everyone has an opinion as i do. i shouldn't have mentioned anything but ....that is the only thing that is taboo with our kids. but to each there own

Personally, I've set the taboo at my daughter marrying inbred, racist DSMFers.

If you need a clue as to what one of those is like, look in the mirror.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

599 members (10gaugemag, 12344mag, 1234, 10ring1, 007FJ, 10gaugeman, 57 invisible), 2,488 guests, and 1,248 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,800
Posts18,477,464
Members73,944
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.