Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Where are the current pictures of "sister" and another "pig" you put her on, or some current photos of your boy?

I've seen that 20 year old pic of you and the tree so often I'll puke if I have to see that again.

No current pics of the kiddos...why not?

Oh...yeah...Bless your heart.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by varmintsinc
John,
Why not a FFP scope for ranging?

I find that I need all the magnification available to accurately optically range. Dialing the scope down will only make me slower and less precise.

Originally Posted by whiskeyjacked
John,

Would you mind posting what you use for a "Back to brisket" height on some other critters? Like a Mule Deer buck and a Pronghorn Buck? thanks

Muleys work pretty good using an 18 inch height and while it never seems I have to optically range goats I would use a 16 inch right now. I really should go out and measure a few antelope at known distance to get a for sure on that but again I just never seem to need to optically range antelope. Good weather during antelope season.

CMG,

Thanks for the pictures. Very nice.

Lil Fish,

Oh Boy, where to start?

Nice pictures of your entry level ARs and some fish. Well done??

Hint, the title of the thread is "Picture through your scope�. Try again. Promise we will let you play with the big boys if you really give it a try.

Ps. An M&P Sport?? Really?? Couldn�t afford a dust cover and the forward assist?? Looks like you hacksawed the A-2 off?? Dude, they unscrew. FSB get the hacksaw also? Add all that to the lettering I guess you reckon you have pretty sweet custom AR. Nice.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by JohnBurns

Ps. An M&P Sport?? Really?? Couldn�t afford a dust cover and the forward assist?? Looks like you hacksawed the A-2 off?? Dude, they unscrew. FSB get the hacksaw also? Add all that to the lettering I guess you reckon you have pretty sweet custom AR. Nice.

laugh laugh laugh

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
John,

I find that I need all the magnification available to accurately optically range. Dialing the scope down will only make me slower and less precise.

Originally Posted by whiskeyjacked
John,

Would you mind posting what you use for a "Back to brisket" height on some other critters? Like a Mule Deer buck and a Pronghorn Buck? thanks

Muleys work pretty good using an 18 inch height and while it never seems I have to optically range goats I would use a 16 inch right now. I really should go out and measure a few antelope at known distance to get a for sure on that but again I just never seem to need to optically range antelope. Good weather during antelope season.

CMG,

Thanks for the pictures. Very nice.

Lil Fish,

Oh Boy, where to start?

Nice pictures of your entry level ARs and some fish. Well done??

Hint, the title of the thread is "Picture through your scope�. Try again. Promise we will let you play with the big boys if you really give it a try.

WooHoo...love this schit!

"Oddly" enough a FFP reticle grants you the same view at top power zoom that you currently think is in "vogue",yet allows constants elsewhere in the zoom selector scale,less concession. It makes it impossible to read a scale wrong,just like a fixed power.(hint) Groovin' on the 5Mil 100yd Haybale substension symposium.

Pardon my being less than enthralled to dangle a point & shoot camera through a schit scope,wearing a schit reticle,at some penned Pet within a fenced enclosure and think it is "something". You are welcome to those "pursuits" if they excite you and all the help it takes to make same "happen"...just please keep talkin' about it!

Curious to me that someone would suffer a loudener of any flavor on an a '15 and refrain zipping the offensive portion away and retaining the balance as a thread protector. But I guess when your greatest aspiration is to tote a Mall Ninja AR to the nearest haybale to sluice someone's Pet,you've the luxury of fiddle [bleep] zoom selectors,calling 18" substension values "pretty good" and have time to tune your Game Ears and quantify same with a test drive ala Cough Silencer. May as well say a Hornady 68HPBT is "identical" to a 75HPBT too,if only to flaunt your dumbphucktitude further.

I dig that playing stupid ain't an act for you.

Wouldn't wanna slight Magnumdoosh and her sole satisfactions being the vicarious "journeys" she takes with others as a salve for her Realities. Must be "satisfying" to sluice a Turkey damn near once every few years,as a "fruition" of her "time" spent "afield". Too [bleep] funny!

Bitter pill for 'Doosh to swallow that a 10yr old playing hookie today,done more in an afternoon than she's done in her Life...yet it's somehow poignant. Bless her Do-Nothing heart and vast Imagination!

[Linked Image]

Admittedly,the Do-Nothing Gang is really on "fire" as of late.

Laffin'!

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Yeah, I do like Turkey hunting. I'm a solid member of the 10th Legion. I also enjoy many other pursuits that are beyond the scope your meager, narrow abilities.

I still don't understand why anyone would care if I hunted every free minute or not. That one escapes me. It's my time to do with as I wish, and I'm not intruding on your hunting/fishing. Maybe you can explain this "Do-Nothings" nonsense. I doubt you can, but do give it a try.

Bless you heart!

<snicker>

IC B2

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
I bet the 10 year old is really impressed with your profound scriptures on the stocks of your gun(s) - heck of a role model you are . . .

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
John,

do you have a pic of the camera/scope adapter or a link?

thanks

Loving life in the Great North West one day at a time.

sounds like its time for a new gun.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
This thread intregued me. These photos were taken through the Swarovski z5 on 5X, 8X, 12X, and 15X took several minutes to get. It took a couple minutes to get the eye releiv thing down.

Looking through on 8X you can see the deer antlers against the tree on the right of the verticle crosshair and just below the horizontal crosshair. In the 12X the antlers are at 1:30 to the crosshair and very close to it. The 15X antlers are at 3:30. The side focus was really sharp on the stuff at the pump house. I didn't think to re-adjust to the antlers because they were crystal clear in the scope. All attempts to photo above 15X produced a totally blacked out picture.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by cfran
I bet the 10 year old is really impressed with your profound scriptures on the stocks of your gun(s) - heck of a role model you are . . .

Being a proper role model aside, I'm beginning to like his additions to his guns. It's bound to send the blood pressure of anti-gunners through the roof. I'm tired of trying to appease them.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
'Doosh,

Beings you are President of the 10th Imagination Foundation,you just stay the course and keep telling yourself that you're really "getting it done". Of course noone cares what you do,but many(including myself) look forward to each installment of your Contrived Chronicles as they relate to the Outdoors,mainly because it would be difficult to pinpoint someone who spends less time there than you. You only add to the humor by pretending that the correlation escapes you and mightily to the humor quotient obliviously,due to an incredible amount of stupidity frosted with an incredible amount of Imagination. Really is a "special" blend of dumbphucktitude and you "wield" it like few others.

Bless your heart.

cfrannie,

Kids really hate schit like that,especially when they are the one who coined the term. In fairness BBMFER is now part of Gun Speak Technical Lexicon and bless your DSMFER heart for being that clueless.

Let's MPAJ.

[Linked Image]

Let's Double Tap MPAJ,while admirimg more Widerness in the backyard,than all the Haybales and Pony Parades thus far posted,if only for starters.

[Linked Image]

The "horror".

[Linked Image]

If you get time,please hang a pic of your JLRUAEAW ("Jesus Loves Rainbow Unicorns And Everyone's A Winner") SuperSoaker and say something "intriguing" about the colored water you use for "tracers".

You go girl!

IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by boxer
Beings you are President of the 10th Imagination Foundation,you just stay the course and keep telling yourself that you're really "getting it done".

Do you even know what the 10th Legion is?

Originally Posted by Boxer
Of course noone cares what you do�.

Then you can stfu; I�ve made no claims of being king of the outdoors. I do hunt, but I also do other things that I enjoy equally as well. The reason I hang out on this board, contrary to your belief that it�s to argue with you, is 99% of everyone who is a member here owns guns. Some hunt, some compete, some target shoot, some collect them. I like owning guns, I like target shooting, I like collecting guns and I like hunting. It would be hard for me to pick which I enjoy the most. I like talking to others about their guns and their optics. I like to hear from other members about what type of firearm they use to hunt the many varied game the folks on this board hunt. I�m not in the least interested in you or your equipment simply because that�s what you want. You foul-hook Steelhead and shoot bears in a petting zoo; big challenge there. You�d be so goddam lost in a hog hunt in the Texas river bottoms we�d have to put a GPS collar on your fat little ass like the dogs wear so we could find you when the sun came up. So, reluctantly, you go back on ignore. I really can�t believe Rick let you back on the board. First, after your 2-day grieving period, and now, in a screen name change that is patently obvious, after you were banned again. But, it�s not my board so I�ll use that great ignore key because nothing you�ve said has changed in 6 years.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Ringman,

Thanks for the pictures.

Lil Fish,

I was going to make fun of you for your idea that taking pictures in your backyard of your bevy of fine ARs and some dead fish is somehow more manly than pictures of wild elk, deer (Both WT and Mulies), antelope and turkey unconfined on a private ranch.

Instead I am going to suggest never letting anyone hold a rifle by the barrel with the butt on the ground. Pretty basic hunter safety type stuff.

To keep the thread going here is another nice bull.

I realize it is not near as exciting as Lil Fish�s backyard/fish/AR pictures but I don�t have any that fit his category. laugh laugh

[Linked Image]

John Burns

I have all the sources.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Great Thread and Photo's.
Need to Try it Out.
Steve

�Can we move this along?" a bored voice stated. "I have places to be and people to shag."

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
John,

John,
I agree ranging is much easier done at higher magnifications, why would you need to dial it down? I use 16" for the blacktail I chase and that works out to about 220 yards for 2 mils, 330yards for 1.5mils, 440yards for 1mil etc. I only run a 3x9 on my hunting rifle so I dont feel comfortable trying to get to precise on a mil read, just basicly to confirm there is not some gross error made by the LRF, ie if the LRF says 350yards and the deer is smaller than a mil something is wrong. Jumping up to the 5x20 FFP reticle with a better design I find I can judge to .2mil in the field but by then the math (target size in inches x 27.8/size in mils) requires a calculator for my pea brain.

Hunt hard, kill clean, waste nothing and offer no apologies.

"In rifle work, group size is of some interest...but it is well to remember that a rifleman does not shoot groups, he shoots shots." Jeff Cooper

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Boxer,
If everything you have is top of the line. Everything you do, you do well. You live in a wonderful place. Why is it that your joy comes from mocking others on the internet? You ask them to post more because it makes you happy? Nothing you say could make me believe you are not miserable. Nothing you do or show or say could make me believe you are not miserable.

Gary

"We're all going to have so much [bleep] fun we'll need plastic surgery to remove our god damn smiles." - Clark Griswold

Remembering The 99
http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/1163424
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I always range at max magnification so the feature of the FFP scope, reticle size and image size relationship remains constant through zoom range, is not really an advantage.

I also make it a habit to always shoot long range at max magnification to keep the 1 MOA windage subtensions accurate. (Lil Fish it is not substensions) wink

When I dial down to lowest magnification my windage hashes become 3 MOA and for the cartridges I shoot 9 MOA is about the right lead for every 5 MPH when shooting movers.

This gives me reference hash marks out to 24 MOA both left and right if shooting in close at movers.

I have used both style of optic and I much prefer the reticle size to stay constant to my perception (2nd FP) as opposed to stay constant with the image size (1st FP).

John Burns

I have all the sources.

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
Thank you John, well stated in your preference for SFP.

Hunt hard, kill clean, waste nothing and offer no apologies.

"In rifle work, group size is of some interest...but it is well to remember that a rifleman does not shoot groups, he shoots shots." Jeff Cooper

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Grogel_Deluxe
Boxer,
If everything you have is top of the line. Everything you do, you do well. You live in a wonderful place. Why is it that your joy comes from mocking others on the internet? You ask them to post more because it makes you happy? Nothing you say could make me believe you are not miserable. Nothing you do or show or say could make me believe you are not miserable.

Gary

That would appear to be the case.

Boxer, come on in, pull up a chair, hang out with us! Act halfway decent and normal and lordy me, just like magic, folks will treat you halfway decent and normal.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
...Boxer, come on in, pull up a chair, hang out with us! Act halfway decent and normal and lordy me, just like magic, folks will treat you halfway decent and normal...

Hmmmm...do ya thin....NAAAAHHHHHHHHH

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
well i do think boxer-stick is a total [bleep] ass.but taking pics thru a scoipe is some what odd. Dependes on camera quilty ,scope and computer, as well as internet provider too. not to speak of outdoor conditions too. But some of the pics are cool and imprerssive. but would not judge scope quilty from this alone

Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

553 members (219 Wasp, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 007FJ, 1lessdog, 1badf350, 61 invisible), 2,476 guests, and 1,289 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,936
Posts18,518,996
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.