Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Calvin,

The bullet hit right here. Spine was not hit directly.

[Linked Image]

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

GB1

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Dang, that sucker went down hard for a non spine shot.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
JeffO,

Hardly a secret that boats cost good money,which is why you don't have one and I've got a few. Man...that really is some COMPELLING info you've related 4th hand by your pard Jerry. I reckon there's more than a couple very good reasons you didn't cite the Species or the Splendor. Tough to wrap my head around your "satisfactions",of hearing a story from a guy who's been to Alaska 3 WHOLE times?!? Though in fairness...it do trump you talking about your "results",which capably doubles the humor quotient as a bare minimum.

I reckon Jerry right now is recounting some very good firsthand interactions with you to some pards and that there is a whole bunch more,than a [bleep] bunch of humor involved.

I've zero doubt that Feesh stump you as mightily as Game,if only obviously. Be sure to grab another bight of slack and really ring the bell.

Bless your heart.

John Bushman,

Points awarded for the humor inherent of a "grueling "Hunt" on Private ground and reaffirmation of the rigors associated,by driving a Ghetto Pavement Pounder to same and loading Elk up treelength. Hope you remembered to button up the gate behind you as a courtesy,wouldn't want you schitting in your nest and be forced to actually Hunt the Wilderness and certainly not alone! Bless your heart.

Must be nice to have only a single P&S,I couldn't comment in that regard as I'm more than a little steeped in DSLR bodies and accoutrements,to the tune of finding it impossible to recollect which body was used for every shot. Given your gross ineptitude with all things the Rifle,I'll keep in mind to incorporate Studio Lighting and larger image sizes,so you can attempt to keep pace. You'll want to be taking notes and applying same.

No haybales is a given and popped some fill-flash for you to boot.

[Linked Image]

Laffin'.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223

It is no different that shooting a hereford out of a pasture. Unless you are starving, what is the point? Certainly not anything to brag about.

That is pretty much ignorance based bullschit.

Sorry.

It's a cheap shot and a GROSS generalization.

Frankly, it's something so ignorant and stupid, I would have expected Bigstick/Larry/Boxer to say it.

That's as dumb as some asswipe claiming that all game shot in the Rocky Mountains(or parts of Alaska) is killed from pickup cabs cruising forest or BLM roads..

And yeah, I have seen "local" jackazzes all over the Rocky Mountains do that schit with my own eyes on those "hard" western public land hunts... wink

Pretty much the same way some Alaskan jackoffs shoot game from within a few feet of their BOAT at iron sighted 30-30 ranges and then brag about what "tough" hunters they are.

I've hunted all over the lower 48 . I've been in back country hunts in Colorado, New Mexico, Wyoming and Montana 10 -30 miles from the nearest open road.

Just because folks hunt on private land does not mean the animals are not free ranging or fenced in or the hunt is easy.

If farmland deer are so easy, where are all the Boone and Crockett heads off of farmlands?

All modern Hunting is as hard and ethical as you want to make it.
But as the man once said- "Life is hard and it's harder if you are stupid."

Most folks don't go out of their way to make hunting harder than it needs to be so they can beat their chest and pretend they are a Modern Day Jim Bridger-

Last edited by jim62; 10/05/11.

To all gunmaker critics-
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.."- Teddy Roosevelt
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Calvin
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
From what my buddies who have hunted there report, Alaskan hunting can be difficult access (though your boat seems to solve that for you), but the hunting itself isn't "hard", relatively speaking.

My elk-camp pard Jerry is no great hunter. He's ok, but that's it. (by the way that's how I'd describe myself too). He's cut every tag he took to Alaska... three trips... never a uncut tag. Says shooting a blacktail would have been trivial, the trip he took where there were blacktails (excuse me, Sitka's). Ditto for black bears.

Anyway Boxer I'll give you credit for living in a target-rich environment but...

I'm amazed that someone living within driving distance of some of the best hunting in the world still acts like they have [bleep] hunting. You do realize that you can jump in your rig, drive, and go hunting, right? BTW, my last in-state hunt cost me $3700+, just in travel expenses. How many DIY hunts in Montana, Wyoming, etc could you do with a $3700 travel budget?

Best hunting in the world..Surely you jest.

IC B2

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by 7 STW
From what my buddies who have hunted there report, Alaskan hunting can be difficult access (though your boat seems to solve that for you), but the hunting itself isn't "hard", relatively speaking.

My elk-camp pard Jerry is no great hunter. He's ok, but that's it. (by the way that's how I'd describe myself too). He's cut every tag he took to Alaska... three trips... never a uncut tag. Says shooting a blacktail would have been trivial, the trip he took where there were blacktails (excuse me, Sitka's). Ditto for black bears.

Anyway Boxer I'll give you credit for living in a target-rich environment but...

I'm amazed that someone living within driving distance of some of the best hunting in the world still acts like they have [bleep] hunting. You do realize that you can jump in your rig, drive, and go hunting, right? BTW, my last in-state hunt cost me $3700+, just in travel expenses. How many DIY hunts in Montana, Wyoming, etc could you do with a $3700 travel budget?

Best hunting in the world..Surely you jest.

Key word being "some". Considering the species available, the public land available, the road system, the multiple states to draw tags from, etc, you'd have to argue long and hard that the western US doesn't rank up there.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Calvin- I agree, there's some fine hunting in the western US.

This year I pulled a decent elk tag. Though, it just figures, it's the ONE UNIT specifically mentioned in a magazine forecast I read where they specifically note it as being "down" right now. crazy

I haven't even hunted deer yet, 4 days into the season. Chit is just insane around here right now.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C

This year I pulled a decent elk tag. Though, it just figures, it's the ONE UNIT specifically mentioned in a magazine forecast I read where they specifically note it as being "down" right now. crazy

Who cares? Put yourself in the right spot, with the right skills, and kill the last one in there.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Oh yeah. That's where I got that raghorn a few years ago. I've hunted that unit two years. I've got a decent chance. Pretty pumped actually!

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Boxer says:

"Hardly a secret that boats cost good money,which is why you don't have one and I've got a few. Man...that really is some COMPELLING info you've related 4th hand by your pard Jerry. I reckon there's more than a couple very good reasons you didn't cite the Species or the Splendor. Tough to wrap my head around your "satisfactions",of hearing a story from a guy who's been to Alaska 3 WHOLE times?!? Though in fairness...it do trump you talking about your "results",which capably doubles the humor quotient as a bare minimum.

I reckon Jerry right now is recounting some very good firsthand interactions with you to some pards and that there is a whole bunch more,than a [bleep] bunch of humor involved.

I've zero doubt that Feesh stump you as mightily as Game,if only obviously. Be sure to grab another bight of slack and really ring the bell."

-----------

All I know is, he's an average at best hunter here. He goes up there, and suddenly he's a rock star! Peeps can draw their own conclusions.

Now you gonna claim slaying fish up there is rocket science?!

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
[Linked Image]

Through a Hensoldt 4-16X56.

[Linked Image]

Same scope as above..

Luck....is the residue of design...
[Linked Image]
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
[Linked Image]

Coyote at 600 meters through a S&B 5-25X56 PMII.

[Linked Image]

Another coyote through a S&B 4-16X50 GEN II reticle at 500+ meters.

Luck....is the residue of design...
[Linked Image]
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
From a few years ago out in Orygun while in search of deer, this guy gave me a photo op.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
cocked and hot?

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Empty. Leave it on safe and cycle one in, then safety off.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I'll admit that I have rifles that I've never moved the safety lever.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
A buddy had his 700 drop the pin before when pushing the bolt forward - not even locking it down or anything. I like the safety on always now. Hit the primer hard enough to dent it, but not hard enough to go off.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I'll admit that I have rifles that I've never moved the safety lever.

Why is that an admission? No one would think less of you if you simply said you had rifles that you never moved the safety on. I think everyone is pretty much aware you're an excellent hunter.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Boxer says:

"Hardly a secret that boats cost good money,which is why you don't have one and I've got a few. Man...that really is some COMPELLING info you've related 4th hand by your pard Jerry. I reckon there's more than a couple very good reasons you didn't cite the Species or the Splendor. Tough to wrap my head around your "satisfactions",of hearing a story from a guy who's been to Alaska 3 WHOLE times?!? Though in fairness...it do trump you talking about your "results",which capably doubles the humor quotient as a bare minimum.

I've zero doubt that Feesh stump you as mightily as Game,if only obviously. Be sure to grab another bight of slack and really ring the bell."

-----------

All I know is, he's an average at best hunter here. He goes up there, and suddenly he's a rock star! Peeps can draw their own conclusions.

Now you gonna claim slaying fish up there is rocket science?!

JeffO,

You still forget to cite the Specie(s) and Splendor(s) of the Alaskan Trifecta,though assuredly it ain't on "accident". Would love to hear more about Jerry The Rock Star and his conquests...as undoubtedly for you to be sooooo agog,they must have scored exceptionally "well".

As to Feesh I'd say the age old adage that "10% of the fisherman catch 90% of the fish" is likely not too far off the money. As per my firsthand pursuits in the past week,I've landed well over 100 Chromers with others in proximity and have seen only (1) other mirror hooked/landed. That despite my obvious gracious nature and opening a certain Simms pack,a legendary vest and even my very pockets to share the wares I was using with those same folks,so as to tool them in accordance. It's how I roll. HOPEFULLY,you can wax as eloquent on Feesh as you do Game,because schit can't get much funnier than that! Feel free to crank your Imagination to FULL Power and invent as many "players" as you deem requisite to convey your sage advice. Pun be intended and bless your Day Dreaming heart.

Touch poignant and poetic,that you suck equally in all locales and Dreaming is as close as you'll ever get?!?

Lotsa rope laying at the ready,back-coiled nicely to boot...getcha some.

Laffin'!

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
How many DIY hunts in Montana, Wyoming, etc could you do with a $3700 travel budget?
I have already been from Indiana to WY and filled 3 pronghorn tags and will be leaving next week for ID for elk. Even if I get one in ID and have to deal with shipping it back, I'll be about 2/3s that amount including the NR tag prices. I probably won't get one, but I'll have a great time in great country. Hard to kill 'em from home...

Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

526 members (219 Wasp, 1OntarioJim, 12344mag, 257Bob, 22250rem, 2500HD, 52 invisible), 2,444 guests, and 1,308 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,915
Posts18,518,712
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.