Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Seeing posts about different types of music, I just want to say-I'm in my late 50s so I grew up with everything from Frankie valli (puke), to punk and beyond. But in the last few years I've found that I've drifted almost exclusively to classical and jazz. And yes, I did listen to both all while growing up. I don't even want to listen to my old music anymore, I'm finding it boring.
What's really bad is I now live in Tennessee (think Nashville processed country)and am severly limited in radio fare.
How about you other folks in my age group? Tired of Yes, CCR, Willie?

Never appeal to a mans "better side", he may not have one.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

Don't like polka.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
With the exception of head banging stuff, there's really not much I can't appreciate provided there is actually some talent.
That includes Classics, Contemporary Christian, Jazz, R&B, Big Band, Blue Grass, Country, Classical, Zydeco wink really most everything. OK, so I don't like rap. As a 'yoot' I actually didn't mind it all but way back then they weren't rapping about raping women and killing cops. I used to hate country as a young gun. Now if I was limited to only one genre, I guess that would probably be it.

NRA Lifer
"It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare." - Mark Twain
"Everybody has principles... until they are an inconvenience." - Me

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
No whiny cry in your beer Country,extreme Heavy Metal,Rap of course.. just good vintage Rock+Roll, some newer contemporary stuff,the Blues and good old Motown cool

You better be afraid of a ghost!!

"Woody you were baptized in prop wash"..crossfireoops

Woody
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
South African (believe it or not) LIKE.
(C)rap DISLIKE

Last edited by agazain; 10/14/11.
IC B2

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Can't stand most country music. Grew up in the eighties, and graduated around the time grunge hit. Took a few years for grunge to grow on me. When I played guitar, it was more classic blues based rock. Now I hardly listen to any music. If I do it's old motown or classic rock.

PS. When I was in high school, I would listen to gangster rap because it pissed off the older folks. Now that I am older, I listen to it sometimes to piss my friends off.

Last edited by swervinbob; 10/14/11.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
All genres have samples I do not like, but rap, jazz, and modern country are the most consistent performers of same. Classical, rock, bluegrass, and oldtime most consistently provide samples I like. Within classical I avoid modern composers such as Stravinsky. Most seem annoyed by opera, but I enjoy it. In the winter I often do my reloading on Saturday afternoons, and catch the Met on NPR while doing so.

Brushbuster: "Is this thread about the dear heard or there Jeans?"
Plugger: "If you cant be safe at strip club in Detroit at 2am is anywhere safe?"
Deer are somewhere all the time
To report a post you disagree with, please push Alt + F4. Thank You.
E
EWY Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
I am in my early mid 50's and grew up with two older brothers, so I heard everything from the early Beatles and Stones on up. I still like some of the "classic" rock, but I really can't take the Beatles. My favorite music is from the 90's grunge period. I like some new music but don't listen to music as much as I used to. The last CD I bought was by Shine Down and I also got the last release by Offspring, a band I really like.
No Rap. Can't take much country other than "classic" country or whatever they call the music by Waylon Jennings and his contemporaries. I listened to it as an escape from the disco era (puke).

Ernie

George Washington - �Labour to keep alive in your breast that little spark of celestial fire,�conscience.�

God save the Republic
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Too many 'likes' to mention.. But dislikes are easy:

RAPcrap
HIPHOPcrap

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Classical, particularly Piano or Violin Sonatas, and Brazilian Jazz are my favorites.

Give me Chopin or Babel Gilberto any day, over the Lady GaGa and Whitney Houstons.

Babel Gilberto Samba da Bencao

Last edited by Mannlicher; 10/15/11.

Sam......

IC B3

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Redneck
Too many 'likes' to mention.. But dislikes are easy:

RAPcrap
HIPHOPcrap

+1!!!

maddog

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Music Stores:
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I rarely look for anything in the Popular section or even in Country ...
I do however in Blues - Bluegrass/Traditional - Jazz - Classical - Alternative ...

Jug Band music is still 'hep'.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I am 60 and have been listening to music for longer than that. (Mom sang and played the radio a great deal.) I still like rock from the mid-fifties throught the mid-sixties, country from roughly the same time frame, and old hymns. Never have been able to stomach big band or jazz. Many things that have devolved in more recent times can be discounted because they have nothing to do with music.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I like good music.

I dislike bad music.

Brian.

"You set your own goals for success, and when you succeed it don't necessarily mean that you're going to be a big star or make a lot of money or anything. You'll feel it in your heart whether you've succeeded or not." - Roy Buchanan
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I like classic rock and country.
I don't like rap or hip hop...and I don't like people who like it.

Not really. smile

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Not a fan of Rap or old school country, some of it that is more rock tempered I can take. Dig Classical a bit.

Prefer bands like Pantera, old Metallica, anything with loud obnoxious guitars. Played guitar in bands off and on for years, so love guys like Vai, Satriani, Eric Johnson, etc..

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I like Motown, Blues, Southern Rock, Rockabilly, Zideco, Texas song writers, and Bob Marley.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
anything bit cRap

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
FlyboyFlem and Redneck got it pretty right.
Hip-Hop Horsehooey! cry

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Classical music probably takes up close to 90% of my listening time, and it's been that way for about four years, now. I still occasionally like to dig out some early jazz, bluegrass, or classic/progressive rock, though. And I rarely listen to country, anymore, but it does happen.

As for classical tunes, ... some of my favorite composers are Bach, Beethoven, Mozart, Haydn, Sibelius, Schubert, Bruckner, Dvorak, Ravel, Faure, Janacek, and Ives. Mostly instrumental, but some vocal, too. As for opera, I just say "No". grin I mean, .... Who writes those plots?? whistle

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

216 members (24HourCampFireGuy50, 280shooter, 338Rules, 30incher, 06hunter59, 31 invisible), 2,111 guests, and 1,023 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,324
Posts18,505,854
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.